What the FUCK was his problem?

what the FUCK was his problem?

He was sick of Francis' shit and was sick of protecting him at the academy

enemy transportation

He was a FOBbit that shouldn't have left the Shire.

This user gets it. Also gets trips then double dubs

How did he even become a captain is more surprising.

I thought the Muhreens have slow promotions and shiieet or is it only exclusive to enlisted/NCO plebs?

In the officer ranks, Captain is only 3 ranks up from the bottom.

I really thought this guy was Will Ferrel.

Also, wasn't he a reservist? I think rank is easier to make in the reserves. I remember when I was separating from active duty they offered me a reserve or guard spot that was above my rank.

His uncle or some relative pulled some strings for him in officer school

I suppose because his uncle was a full bird colonel they pulled some strings. If you read the Rolling Stone articles Wright said Captain America was a pretty good guy, but he couldn't handle the stress of a battlefield. Maybe he was just good in officer school.

All it takes to make Captain is time in service. They don't have to face any boards or anything until Major.

He got a field promotion for commandeering an enemy AK-47

Wasn't it also unusual for him and some of the other officers to even be in the battlefield since this is a recon group? I think I remember that from the book about how the recon guys used to operate fairly independently of their officers until they were put into humvees and forced to rush into Iraq.

Yes

That's what I thought. The show didn't ever explain it the way the book did afaik. Reading the book made me appreciate the show so much more upon subsequent viewings.

Ok

He was actually only an XO I think.
Captain America was just a nickname.

>XO
Not a rank.

Great discussion, user. I'm glad you took the time to comment.

Captain Dave McGraw was literally a Captain.