No, seriously, what the fuck is this?

no, seriously, what the fuck is this?

every episode leaves more questions than the previous one, we're 5 eps in and i still don't know what is going on and why and how.

and the weird thing is that i'm liking it anyway. maybe i am just watching it for the visuals.

Do you want spoilers? Why would you even create a thread like this?The book has been out for years and most likely somebody will spoil it for you.

new gods are shifting the old ones off the block

What don't you get? Gods are created and fueled by faith and attention. New beliefs have given rise to new gods, forcing the old gods to wane, and they don't like that, so they're preparing to fight back. Shadow is important for some reason.

Maybe you're retarded. The plot is pretty fucking simple man.
>new gods vs old gods

Wednesday is an incarnation of Odin trying to recruit old gods to fight new gods
Shadowmoon is his son

It's just Bryan Fuller jerking off on screen for 50 minutes straight.

I have to admit. Last nights episode was the first in the series that I genuinely liked

However, I truly hate Laura. I don't even like the actor who plays her. That character is a completely greedy cunt. She only wants people around so she can take from them. She knows she's an evil cunt and she's proud of it. They actually made this character more unlikable than she was in the book.

Shadow isn't his son he was just at the right place at the right time

Odi... Wednesday explains it pretty clearly to the policeman in this episode, to be fair.

Even in the book you aren't supposed to like Laura.
She's a literal ghost haunting Shadow, that's all.

Does anyone have a screencap of the wooden Odin statue from the opening of the first episode?

Which really works.

Dem visuals

>Even in the book you aren't supposed to like Laura.
LOL the scene with anubis and the "give me the coin ,cunt" scene made her very likeable to me.
she is a bitch though, thats out of discussion.

Haven't read the book:

What idea/concept does Mr World represent as a god? His "book of Life" thing was unclear to me.

Nah senpai, shadow IS his son, read the book why don't you.

Globalism
it's actually loki

I don't hate Laura as much in the show as I did the book to be honest. I pity her actually. She's a destructive force on everyone in her life, including herself and knows it but she still can't stop making everyone around her miserable. She got a second chance but she's seeing the repercussions of her shit living.

Poor Laura, probably shouldn't have been so terrible.

Money?

too gay.

He's your world leaders.

Also he's more.

Okay I haven't read the book, but the young fuck is Drugs, right? Marilyn Monroe is TV/Media?
And Mr. World is Globalism? Am I correct here?

Young fuck is the internet but yeah everything else is spot on

Yeah, I was pretty drunk when I watched the pilot, so my memory is a little bit spotty there.