So why don't super heroes have normal, every day friends these days?

So why don't super heroes have normal, every day friends these days?

Every superhero seems to have friends who are other superheroes or characters in a fantasy profession like 'SHIELD agent' or super scientist. They don't interact with normal people on a day to day basis any more. Even Daredevil has lost his normalcy.

They do. Daredevil had a civvie girlfriend and Foggy was still there.
Kamala has Bruno and the hijabi with nothing going on.
Miles has Ganke.
But also a lot of heroes are just inundated in the shared universe and crossovers so everyone is just jamming in people from other books.

>In-universe reason:
Superheroes mostly relate other people who can understand their struggles

>Real reason
Writing normal humans can be difficult for shitty writers

Mike Morales has normal friends

He has one normal friend and spends the rest of his time with other super teens.

Kamala is the major exception. Soule Daredevil is ditching the civilian stuff pretty hard.

>Real reason
>more synergy and crossovers than ever before
ftfy

The same reason celebrities only hang out with other celebrities.

Normal people are fucking boring

This

who the fuck wants to read about normal people

they all end up dead, powered and/or evil anyway

They don't have real normal friends. Like American actors/celebrities, they only spend time with people of similar caliber once they become big and famous.
You don't see this happen in other places like Europe where they still stay in touch with old friends. This is why other countries make fun of American celebrities only marrying other celebrities.
I miss you.

>So why don't super heroes have normal, every day friends these days?
What is a supporting cast?

>I miss you.
y-you too?

>They don't interact with normal people on a day to day basis any more.

People who regularly hang out with superheroes cease to be normal. Superheroes are swirling vortices of drama and story and once you are sucked in, you are no longer a background character and thus cannot be considered normal folk.

because normies suck. go read archie comics if you want normies.

Spiderman/PeterParker manages to keeps "normals" around, even though there's always a small chance they'll turn into supervillians themselves.
But most Avengers become celebrities and Jarvis aside there's not much normal people interactions for a celebrity, let alone one who can fly.
Daredevil keeps a few regular normals around, but then he's just a ninja.
She Hulk has a whole legal practice with normal people lawsuits and normal lawyers in front of normal judges, and normal-ish coworkers, and such.
Then there's the X-Men, their human friends seem to die off a lot, For real there's like a list of them, and who wants to risk their life to hang out with a people who aren't even trying to be normal anymore?
Deadpool ... I'll skip him ...
Punisher ... Yeah, I'm done.

>What is a supporting cast?
A collection of scientists, adventurers and lesser super heroes that surround the MC. Not normal people.

Have you not been reading Marvel comics lately? Because none of that happens any more, particularly Spidey who is now Peter Stark.

>"none of that happens anymore"

Parker Industries has normal employees that Pete is friendly with who I guarantee will have at least one friend-turned-supervillian among them. Just because it hasn't happened AGAIN yet doesn't mean it's not a ticking clock.
And what among the rest has been close to wrong?

>So why don't super heroes have normal, every day friends these days?

Because you only read Marvel

Because supporting casts are slowly dying out due to the overuse of decompression stretching out stories in such a way as to be simply entire battle scenes that last 3-4 issues.

Cape fiction has lost all semblance of its urban fantasy roots.

Superheroes at this point are more like Hollywood stars than people with a secret identity.

>Parker Industries has normal employees
They're all super-scientists. None of them are 'normal'.

>And what among the rest has been close to wrong?
For a start She-Hulk's legal practice consists of a psychic and Hellcat these days, though now She-Hulk is dead. Daredevil has shed his mundane cast 'to keep them safe' in Soule's run (no more mundane girlfriend and Foggy isn't around any more)

The rest are more or less the same, but just goes to show that very few if any super heroes have a tether to the normal world any more.

Peter used to have his job as a photographer keeping him in contact with every day people, but now he's an international man of mystery.

Because of cross-promotion

Hal still has Jim and his family. I miss Pieface though. Barry has Frye, Singh, his dad, and Iris.

Funnily enough aquaman is probably the justice league member with the most normal human friends
Doesent seem to have many atlantien friends either

Kinda like constantine and staying alive

Well you see my dear friend user, when Commander Evil of Death Mountain loses for the 356436th time to Captain Joe Jackhammer the Justice Jetpilot, he decides to fuck with him through less direct means

Instead of attempting to murderpunch our beloved Captain, he instead murderpunches out beloved Captain's ordinary human best friend (Jimmy Jackson)

The easiest way for Captain Joe to avoid this scenario is to simply have no friends.

This is even more of an issue when a superhero's identity is known. Masked capers could get away with it with little to know Gwen-snapping.

Dam you ma-
>I miss you.
I never asked for these feels

you'd think 'I can't fight but my power is to be basically indestructible' people would be more popular in cape social circles for the fact that they can't be fridged, making them safe to love

Watch it with those spoilers.

This is why Butterball is clearly the best waifu

>They're all super-scientists. None of them are 'normal'.
I would say they still count because Parker himself is a super scientist.
It doesent count so much with say power girl because she doesent understand most of what her scientists do but there are other people working there in the same boat

There's at least one "Refrigerator Girlfriend" joke in that post somewhere...

>He can't fit his fridge inside another equally sized fridge
Lrn2bndspc

Superheroes do. Try reading DC.

Marvel has no heroes.

ITT: Marvel-only fags show how little they know about the industry.

You are pathetic.

Can't decide if reportable for obvious intentional trolling ...

I'm going to report you for announcing consideration of reporting

Oh noes! But you've announced your consideration too! You're reportable for... but I just now... The paradoxes are multiplying!

No no no I announced intent it's a seperate but related offense

I just have to imagine the EU debating aggressive supers Integration policies in the wake of the Terrigen cloud to deal with Eternal Guilt Man, Reconquista, the Winged Hussite and so on.

Squirrel girl does

Herc does

...they all do. Writers just don't waste 50 pages on normies

This was always one of my favorite things about Tim Drake as Robin. Kid had more normal friends and acquaintances than recurring villains.

Because some retarded writers can't find anything else to do with supporting characters to generate interest than this It's not that superheroes stop hanging with normal people, it's that normal people can't fucking stay normal.

Do you only read Marvel?

Political shift. Superheroes have become the elite they used to fight against.

Luke Cage doesn't hang with D.W. anymore.

aside from daredevil interesting heroes don't have any

Hal used to have tons of normal friends back when he wasn't in space 24/7.

Midnighter.

This has almost completely ruined Marvel. The whole all superheroes being friends with each other is disgusting when there are yearly events with them at each others' throats and they do fucked up shit

Like it's not okay to have an Illuminati, alright?

>hijabi with nothing going on.
She's got a personality. She's a raging social justice girl who ironically hates Ms. Marvel.

Peter's got normal friends still. The little person (is she still around?) and his other employees. Also Gwen has a punk band filled with other alt versions of peter's love interests. And all of squirrel girl's friends. I can think of a ton of examples in marvel at least.

>Kamala not interesting
I will literally murder you if you don't take that back. She is all the things I liked about spiderman when he was still a teen, but more modern. Plus she is a cute. a CUTE.

>Kamala has Bruno and the hijabi with nothing going on.
And it's implied that Bruno is going to suffer greatly during Civil War II.