Apocalypse

Is he the most comic book-ish live action villain since the original Green Goblin Sup Forums?

Better than any MCU villain.

He's definitely accurate to the comics version of Apocalypse - generic and one-note as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

t. Reddit Letter Memedia

Oh, do Reddit and Red Letter Media agree with me? Good to know.

>I'm evil
>I will do evil things
>I failed RIP

Sometimes it works, like the original Spider-Man, other times it fails like Age of Ultron. This time it was pretty okay, nothing to write home about

>Ultron
>Bad

Desperate DCuck Foxshill on desperate Damage Control LMAO

Just give the rights back to Marvel.

Well I enjoyed Apocalypse for his hamminess, his cool voice and his silly look

So I wasn't disappointed.

What are you doing? Stop.

Okay give the rights to Marvel

But Marvel has to kill all of this inhuman bullshit and publicly apologize for being such spiteful little bitches over Fox having X-men

I honestly wasn't expecting them to revive "The Mummy" series like this. I'm not saying it was bad, just that it felt like a roller coaster with more lows than highs. I was really hoping for a Brendan Fraser cameo or something too. Would have been nice to see him again.

Marvel just makes better films. This is not an opinion. If you go against the majority you're just trying to be different for the sake of it.
Get fucked DCuck Foxniggers.

>I was really hoping for a Brendan Fraser cameo or something too.

I don't think Brendan Fraser is going to star in anything else ever again, other than perhaps, his own faked death.

I'm pretty sad that's how things are. I honestly enjoyed his characters.

He's just a Thanos that can't destroy the universe.

Another week, another dark kek.
God help that man.

I get the sense that if the trope weren't played out so much at this point, then the movie would be getting better reception.

Let his tale be a lesson to all, get a prenup, and if you're going to divorce your wife, don't do it in California, so you minimize the chances of her being able to bleed you dry with the full consent, and maybe even encouragement of the law. 50,00 dollars a month for the rest of her life, such bullshit, alimony should cut off after a year. More than enough time to get your shit together.

He'll be fine.

Why are fanboys so desperate to turn criticism in positives

>Apoc is schlocky and one-note
>I-it's supposed to be cheesy! Totally like Green Goblin!
>The new cast is boring
>B-but it's all a setup! It's because X-men is 2unique4you, its like mutant slice of life!

It's just the same as BvS, except Apocalypse isn't that disastrous so all this damage control is unnecessary and just makes it look like fans can't get over the fact that it was just a generic and occasionally dumb action movie

Fucking got' em. Nobody does it like Disney.

GIVE BACK THE RIGHTS

Shit-spewers like you make me glad I haven't watched most of the marvel movies.

But anyway Marvel can have the rights back if they apologize for being bitter over foxmen and also kill off the Inhumans

Does Marvel accept these terms

This has nothing to do with Disney, stop falseflagging. Deadpool was great and it wasn't Disney. I admit that I wouldn't mind them getting back the rights, but as of now all I think is that Singer should let go of the franchise so that it can evolve a bit, instead of repeating the same merits and mistakes over and over again for another decade

Apocalypse is supposed to be schlocky this what people remember the cartoon

Also the old cast was boring and the big problem with Apoc was they played it too safe.

This.

You're 100% right on this. Fox can't get out of their own way with this shit. But by all means, bring the pedodirector another raft of twinks to fuck and let him continue to fuck up this franchise.

>yfw that was an obvious false flag

>Read the Vanity Fair expose of Singer. It's a known fact. He even casts twinks from these parties. He met the actor who played Pyro in a bath house.

Taylor Lautner was discovered at one of tgese parties too, btw.

user what is a twink and what is a pedo?

I was saying that this
was a false flag.
By me.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

tell that to Zod's snapped neck

You will

for you

No, he's the most depowered, nutured villain in the movie vers.

>This whole uncanon dickery.

>I'm evil
>I will do evil things
>I failed RIP

But thats Apocalypse. Its not a deep enemy, his whole philosophy is based on "the guys with the highest power level should survive". He is a living embodiment of power level arguments. Like a living Goku vs Superman thread.

The RT description said it was a cliche villain but frankly this is the first villain Ive seen in movies that despise having a huge as fuck power, his main ability is to be a charlatan. A huge charming asshole whose words are stronger than his fists which are already strong.

He is one of the most unique villains portrayed in films.

>but frankly this is the first villain Ive seen in movies that despise having a huge as fuck power, his main ability is to be a charlatan

Ultron, Mark Zukerberg, Shaw, Raimi's Goblin, Nolan's Bane, occasionally Magneto in past movies, i guess partially Nolan's Joker with Harvey Dent... plenty of villains have done the "i'll try to fool someone into doing bad things for me" shtick, and it's less effective with Apoc because his motivations (and the only reason the horsmene follow him) are too simplistic.
Bane tried to convince the people the best way to fix Gotham was anarchy, Ultron tried to argue that maybe saving the world wasn't really saving anything, Zukerberg had all that shit about the goodness of deities (a mess in the film, but i'm talking about the idea itself), Joker had the whole "agent of chaos" thingie, and so on
Apocalypse says "wanna kill everybody?" and the horsemen answer "yeah, why not"

>majority
common sense ≠ good sense, people are entitled to their opinions, even if they go against common directions.

I would pay money to permaban every Sup Forums poster

>wanna kill everybody
>yeah, why not
Damn I wish I were a horseman.

Was Poc supposed to have mind manipulation powers? It was never made explicit but holy fuck if not Magneto really took the ONE BAD DAY thing to the extreme.

>MY WIFE AND KID ARE DEEEEEAAADDDD. Who are you, some kind of blueberry person? What? Destroy the entire planet? Sure why not.

Still better motivations than everyone but Batman in BvS.

>I'm an idiot that can't follow popcorn movies
wew

it goes like this . doc oc, sand man, zod, toad from the first xmen movie, scarecrow ect ect

apocalypse is kind of a joke both in the representation being so far from the comics in looks and in the comics how they redid how and what he is. he wasnt always a mutant. they retconed that shit
in uncanny xmen 295 he almost gets decapitated by arch angel. he zaps the xmen that are there and stands up talking shit. but there is a reference in one of those caption boxes either the page before or after that even apocalypse doesnt fully understand everything the alien suit can do

mervel decided he would be a mutant since his back story was still clouded in mystery but most of the info about him here and there in the comics indicated he was just a ancient human in a alien suit. his face you see isnt his face. originally it was a mask part of the suit.

this is reinforced by age of apocalypse when magneto tears him in half at the end. the suit has a lot of metal in it and he was cleaved in two by magneto down the middle top to bottom

Was Xavier supposed to have a morality? It was never made explicit but holy fuck if not Magneto got away with it to the extreme

>HALF THE PLANET IS DEEEEEAAAAAD. Oh, hi Eric. What? You slaughtered half the planet? Good to see you, old friend

>popcorn movie
>yet other popcorn movie characters manage to have better motivations
wew

It seemed like he had some kind of mild mental manipulation, whenever he got a Horseman it was practically shot like a vampire seduction scene.

they fuck up

>to slughter an unconscious foe is so... unseemly
And that's why no bad guy wins...
>I want to kill them when they can fight bac
>I'm too powerfull now to try to kill the people i kept talking about killing
>Oh no, i'll kill them, but in a very slow and dramatic way that gives them time to rethink their lifes and not about that loose strap on the left arm

Well, i think we can all agree on one thing:
Recent Charles getting bald > Recent Luthor getting bald

>company wars
back to Sup Forums, child

>company
who said anything about companies? i'm talking about good reasons to get bald. I'd make the comparison if both were from the same company anyway, one was cool and made the baldness look like a fucking battle scar, the other involved a shaving machine and a blank stare.

Why do all these characters need a specific and special reason to get bald? At the end of the movies no less

Welcome to every Gotham thread ever.

If it's an important or very distinguished trait of a chracter it doesn't hurt to give it an explanation, although to be fair i like it better when it's simple and only relevant enough, like in First Class when it's hinted that Cerebro could work a little better if Charles was bald. But sure, battle scare like said is still better than shaving machine because prison higiene.

Eh, i get what you mean, but i've seen most of S1, Gotham does try to be wacky. Sometimes it's bad, i cringed everytime they had young Bruce being a better detective than any adult for example, but it is trying to be cheesy and crazy on purpose. Apocalypse of the other hand doesn't give such a feel. I don't want to look like a parrot, but it's like RLM said, the film is funny because of how it tries to be serious but fails

No, no they didnt.

If anything they fucked it up by making it too comic book accurate and comes as one dimensional jobber clown...just like the comic books.

>jobber clown

It took the entire team beating down on him at full power and Jean going full Phoenix Force to finally take him down.

>BREAKING NEWS: The world is safe! Villainous plans to destroy the planet have been thwarted! After creating mass destruction on a global scale and being directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands if not millions, noted supervillain and would be President assassin Magneto changed his mind and decided to throw metal at a different bad guy!

>Magneto: Hero or villains? You decide!

I really loved that opening sequence even if it did feel like something from The Mummy franchise.

>Implying Thanos can

I chuckled when I saw Psylocke suddenly popping up in tights and when Apocalypse was "dressing" Angel up. Guy has particular tastes.

I love that one of Apocalypse's acquired abilities over the millenia was "give tattoos"

I found his motivations kind of dumb and petty. He honestly just sort of seems really, really salty about the fact that history DARED to go on without him for 5000 years.

Dude wakes up in a world full of modern technological wonders and more mutants than he has ever seen, looks around, and decides "I didn't build it, therefore it sucks" about the entire planet in less time than it takes to cook a Hot Pocket.

He doesn't even stop to think about why he might have been betrayed in the first place. He just tries to immediately pick up again from where he left off, trying to ignore the massive misstep that caused his imprisonment.

How can fox get Xmen villains perfect but fuck up Dr Doom. Fox can keep Xmen. Marvel should get FF4. And Marvel needs to write good Xmen comics instead of purposefully screwing it up because "Fox owns the rights" Why do they treat Deadpool well but screw up Xmen? Do they not want money? But its probably all a stunt to sell comics. Death of X is a clickbait sounding title. They want to troll X fans. Anyone have thoughts on this?

He was clearly Ancap, getting autistic about "systems" and wanting only the strong to survive

Well he didn't entirely ignore his original misstep

>hmm, for some reason, some retarded humans dared to be stupid enough to not worship me
>I got it! I'll learn mind control powers. Then everyone'll love me!

What is this bullcrap that X-Men movies are posting on twitter? Pic very related.

Ahahahah
Well, it's technically true, but the truth is this last weekend was very poor for all major releases. Alice had a poor opening, but it was still #2, right behind Apoc

>Quicksilver knocking him around
>Accurate

?????????