THE FLASH (2018)

Is there any hope?

>Set after JUSTICE LEAGUE, won't be a "conventional" origin story. The plot is centered on time travel.

>Seth Grahame-Smith wrote the script, which reportedly centers on the friendship between the Flash and Cyborg as has a more "cheery, upbeat" tone than the other DC Films' productions.

>Grahame-Smith was also set to direct, but dropped out due to creative differences with Warner Bros Pictures because they allegedly want a more experienced director.

>Ezra Miller as Barry Allen, described as "an introverted forensic scientist obsessed with finding his mother's killer and proving his father's innocence of her murder". Barry is reportedly a "lone wolf" whose secret identity is only privy to the members of the Justice League and a skilled inventor who creates advanced gadgets to fight crime.

>Barry and Cyborg reportedly bond over their passion for technology, engineering and their shared youth and inexperience in being superheroes.

Supporting characters include

>IRIS WEST: Christiane Amanpour’s brains and Carrie Bradshaw’s style. An overcaffinated doe. A reporter at the Central City Citizen. Actresses are currently testing for this part.

>EOBARD THAWNE: Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room. He suffers from advanced degenerative disease and is confined to a wheelchair.

>FRED CHYRE: A gruff detective who first meets Barry at the scene of a crime. Now they’re colleagues and the closest thing Barry has to a friend. Chryre is investigating the unusual death of someone at Thawne Laboratories.

>LEN SNART: An ex-military operative who turns out to be working for Thawne.

>JAY GARRICK: A former Central City University professor who was fired for fringe science, and was working on the Speed Force program. Cameo role.

>Johns origin
OF COURSE

>Not Gustin
>Not CW

There's always hope

>The plot is centered on time travel.
This mean it's highly probable it will suck

Eobard reportedly has the power to create a field of inertia around himself that slows down time, effectively a "reverse" of Barry's power to go fast.

Gustin is great in the role.

Dime store Jon Cryer?
Sure.

You're giving cryer way too much credit

Isn't that kind of like zooms powers? Man, they've done eobard pretty well on the show, they should just do someone else

Can I ask why people think Ezra Miller will be a great flash? The only things I've seen him in are We need to talk about Kevin (He was great) and Perks of Being a Wallflower (He wasn't the worst thing in it.). Most of his roles seem to be either psycho, or sensitive young man with problems.
Yeah he's good in those types of roles, but none of that makes me think he'l make a good superhero. Gusin is in no way a brilliant actor but at least I'm able to root for him.

hopefully it'll serve as reboot

They're STARTING with time travel?

Flashpoint?

>They are STARTING with Superman killing?
>They are STARTING with Dark Knight Returns?
>They are STARTING with dead Robin?
Jumping the gun is the DCEU trademark.

>has a more "cheery, upbeat" tone than the other DC Films' productions.
They have to say this about every DC movie now, ever since BvS gave all the babbys nightmares.

>An overcaffinated doe.

I find this line funny for some reason.

>Sticking Cyborg in The Flash's solo film so people know it's a shared universe instead of just telling Flash's story
>Johns origin

Uggh.

Also, I don't know what'll be worse: if they repeat the Reverse-Flash thing we already saw on TV, or if they'll introduce the Thawne/wheelchair guy setup as a red herring and then pull some other guy out of their ass and go "Haha, you thought it would be Thawne! Tricked you!" to "prove" that they are being "different" from the show.

Everything about this universe is shit already. Just spray the slate with disinfectant spray, wipe the slate clean with disinfectant wipes, burn it the slate, buy a new slate, and start over.

>Flash does an entire season before going into time travel full stop
>WE NEED TO DO IT NOW FOR OUR MOVIE! NOW NOW NOW!

God

Why is Cyborg even here?

b-baka DC, starting with the good stuff instead of doing a 10 year long build-up

>recycling the characters and plot of the show

Expect the show to get cancelled after S3.

>if they'll introduce the Thawne/wheelchair guy s

I believe they are actually doing that.

>10 year long
Maybe just get one movie off the ground before going all out

I'm completely fine with this. The idea that everything needs 10 hours of build-up is retarded. This is why we get seasons mostly of filler in TV shows.

Well, at least something good will come out of the Flash movie.

Why do they keep combining speedster villains?
RF was Professor Zoom and Zoom, and Zoom was the Rival and Black Flash.

> The smartest man in the room. He suffers from advanced degenerative disease and is confined to a wheelchair.
wow
so original

Hell be a sensitive hero.

That's always been the fear. Reason Amell is looking for an out.

Why don't they do a Brave and the Bold Flash/Green Lantern buddy cop movie?

>flashpoint.jpg

This sounds awesome. I have hope for the DCEU. I am fine with the film being similar to the TV show. I used to not like Seth Grahame Smith's previous work but I will give this film a chance. RJ Berger was alright but it felt like a Superbad ripoff. SGS wrote Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Those books were popular a while back. Are the books better than the films?

Idk. Season 2 was the same as Season 1. Execution was pretty great though. Season 3 might have Mirror Master be the big bad. Also Flashpoint opener is gonna be lit. FP should not be a whole season though. Really hope I am right about this.

No.

I would be very mad if, after setting up Vibe over a season, we're stuck in Flashpoint with no Vibe vibing over from his timeline.
But I do want the first episode to be powerless Barry finding out he has a Flash ring with a yellow suit inside of it.

>Why is Cyborg even here?
Why is Cyborg even anywhere?

because he's black ... that's pretty much it ...

Hopefully it's falshpoint so they can start over. Without Snyder!

> no wally
> barry is young
> in a universe where multiple robins exist already
> not hal or john but cyborg

garbage already

Reverse-Flash only borrowed the red eyes and spooky voice from comics Zolomon, though.

He borrowed the vibrating and wheel chair aspects from him too.

>Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room. He suffers from advanced degenerative disease and is confined to a wheelchair.
This is some kind of joke right

Is this real any confirmed? Because it sounds terrible

Cautiously optimistic although I'm not sure if I like that Cold might end up being a throwaway character with little to no resemblance to the comics

Not with this fucking costume. Also the idea of Cyborg co starring in the solo is stupid

Something about his face just triggers me

That's fan art.

Its based off of the set pics of the actual costume and concept art. Its pretty much what we're getting and its shit

>EOBARD THAWNE: Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room. He suffers from advanced degenerative disease and is confined to a wheelchair.
What an original idea...

Thats not even the worst part, user.

In the show, Wells is in a wheelchair because of an injury suffered during the explosion.

> Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room. He suffers from advanced degenerative disease and is confined to a wheelchair.
> He suffers from advanced degenerative disease and is confined to a wheelchair.
> Bill Gates
> BILL GATES

The villain of the movie is evil Stephen Hawking.

I don't like Grant a lot, I don't like how he comes to a stop after running and his voice tone when he talks seriously is aggravating.

This is the suit. A lot less armor based.

Yeah and im pretty sure before Flashpoint some artist had already started drawing Eobard with red eyes when he used his powers anyway.

Well If Thawne's around being an ass, Time Travel being involved is kind of a given, he's one of the DC characters probably most based around it.

Im more concerned their concept for him seems so ridiculously similar to what the TV show did, which is going to invite endless comparisons they probably don't want since Cavanuagh and Letscher killed it in the role of Thawne.

>which is going to invite endless comparisons they probably don't want

Right? They would be so much better off just doing literally any other plot, to reinforce the idea that the show and the movie are both doing their own thing.

But the DCCU seems to be sticking to its tradition of blundering forward full steam ahead confident that all of its shit is gold and nothing can go wrong. All of their plans seems to be heavily based on the assumption that everything is going to work out fine, despite their only showings thus far being heavily criticized from both within and without.

>Selective blindness.

>Flash and Cyborg
Disgusting, not Flash and Green Lantern.

Not having enough faith in the Flash for him to carry his own movie to drag Cyborg in. and Cyborg gets his own movie.

casting Ezra as a timetraveling hobo who can't speedster in a 7-11 without trashing the dumb in front of cameras.

wheelchair Thawne is a poor attempt to grab the tv show's audience.

Snyder casting is the worse. This movie is doomed like the rest. Marvel didn't even get the chance to beat them, it was over before it started.

So is CW flash going to define the character in popculture like btas did?

Probably, yes. With a dash of DCAU.

Cyborg can cary a solo if d listers like Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Sandman, and Shade the Changing Man can.

Nigga thats literally the same thing

They started with Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman... and that went over extremely well, garnering critical acclaim and universal fan approval.

What offends me is just how forced Cyborg is. There is more than enough Flash material to work with and............oh Cyborgs just here....go see Justice League Part 2! I dont care, just give him his own film or something.

Cyborg shouldn't be in this but I doubt he can pull off a solo film.

>Barry and Cyborg reportedly bond over their passion for technology, engineering and their shared youth and inexperience in being superheroes.

Maybe if he was the Cisco, but he's a cyborg already and a former athlete so what would he know about that?

A solo Cyborg film wouldnt be easy since you risk a Robocop rehash, but maybe some entertainment can be had if you add Red Tornado or The Metal Men

Ah, this is that sarcasm thing right?

>LEN SNART: An ex-military operative who turns out to be working for Thawne.
Why tho
I'm not even talking about the whole Eobard Thawne being literallly Wells from the show, but why the fuck is Captain Cold just a grunt like KGBeast was?

Because they'll never do comics Captain Cold, but they might as well throw him in there.

I was hoping for a Rogues movie in the future :c

Reminder that Captain Boomerang will probably be interpreted as a Batman villain rather than a Flash villain in this universe.