Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

It's just looking worse and worse here, TMNT 2 is doomed to be a pile of shit. How many reviews before there's a concensus on Rotten Tomatoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0OJsYTqHHZA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TMNT is one of those franchises were it'll never appeal to film critics.

I mean the original 1990 film isn't by any means great but man it's a fun flick, I rewatched it earlier this morning.

>This second live-action film [is] a blend of kinetic violence, bizarre aliens and actors the calibre of Laura Linney wondering what on earth they've got themselves into.
does he even know TMNT at all

isn't that cunt on the right the one always crying about movies not having quips? Fuck this bitch.

I expect it will be the same as the first one. Garbage writing and too much Megan Fox, but a few great action scenes.

>giving a shit about crits, especially RT critics

I thought you people would learn after BvS

As we all know, an action movie's only good if everyone's making a snide comment about literally everything every time they breathe.

>cranky old people being reliable critics
Kek

Has a TMNT movie ever got good reviews? I think all critics have hated them all. Alas, we fans love them all.

Britbongs here, I've seen the movie.
It's honestly the best live-action TMNT movie we've gotten thus far. My only gripes are as follows:
•Krang doesn't appear that much, and the human head his robotic suit has in the trailer isn't in the movie. The fully-assembled Technodrome doesn't really stick around for long before being pulled back into Dimension X (and before you ask, they do call it that) along with Krang as a frozen Shredder, as well as Triceraton and a few others
•Shredder does a lot of intimidating posing, but he only wears his helmet for like a minute before being beaten like a bitch by Krang.
•Nowhere near enough Splinter, but who fucking cares, Hamato Yoshi doesn't even exist in this universe anyway.
•Casey Jones doesn't wear his mask enough, but he gets a few cool scenes. Amell clearly had a lot of fun in the role.
Honestly, it's not a bad movie. Very fanservice-y (there's even a Bumblebee cameo), and it's pretty similar to The Avengers, but it's objectively better than the first one. Even Megan Fox is pretty bearable.
I'd recommend it to any TMNT fans, but do bear in mind that it's definitely not an adaptation of the original Mirage comics.
Bebop and Rocksteady steal the show, and the dude playing Baxter Stockman hams it the fuck up.

Fuck, sorry for all the mistakes in that, but feel free to ask me any questions.

Sounds hype as fuck.

I've been excited to see it ever since the first trailer started playing Tricky.

Is the whole "let's turn into humans" subplot forced and gay as fuck?

No comic site has reviewed it yet. No big magazines or critics have reviewed it yet. I guess this is from a small reviewer screening. This is probably gonna be a fanservice movie, it wont be perfect but its gonna be a lot of fun.

anyone got the song on the credits? Heroes in a halfshell 2016

I WANT IT

Thanks I am definitely gonna see it. I am glad that Bay isn't directing this and that it is a Turtles film. So does Bumblebee mean TF and Turtles will crossover? If so I am excited about the Turtles' future. And its good to hear that Tyler Perry in a funny role that isn't Madea. I love hammy acting. Not everything needs to be serious. I will see this movie in theaters and not wait for a rental. Thanks user.

Who gives a shit what RT says about TMNT? The first movie and 07 movies were in the 30s, and the last movie was pretty good despite being 18 or something

Does Bebop and Rocksteady revert back to their human forms?

The last movie was shit. Seriously,do people think it was good?

Ok is Fred Armisen great as Krang? And is there a hint of him returning because the fact he's barely in it kinda bums me out.

I'd like to see an animated or comic TMNT/Transformers crossover, but I'm not sure about a movie

What's the name of that comic

Brad Garrett voices Krang and does a similar to Pat Fraley performance

The last movie was alright, could've used more focus but it looks like they fixed that part

The original Tmnt theme "Heroes In A Halfshell" is played at the end of the movie.

This is very important
Do they use the classic 80's theme this time?
Please tell me they do

Sounds great.

Only the turtle parts. Everything else was shit and also ripped off The Amazing Spiderman films. Megan Fox was the star. A lot of scenes allegedly got cut because the internet freaked out that the Shredder was white. They then did "damage control" and turned him into a billionaire villain. William Fichtner played him. TMNT 2 is a soft reboot and you dont need to watch the first one. I haven't seen all of TMNT only parts.

I like that reference to the first movie in the top right review

"Critically-mauled precursor" as if to imply they should have learned their lesson and 'improved' the quality

What were the makers of this supposed to go to the board room and ask around "So everyone how do we get critics to like the next Ninja Turtles?"

Fuck critics

Here you go pal

Is the existence of the turtles widespread knowledge by the end of the movie? The title of the movie hints at that.

they do.

But you know they gonna do it. I heard rumors of a Transformers shared film universe. Hasbro is making films out of their toylines. I expect them to be shit though. A few will be watchable. Comics are definitely better.

It's nowhere near as bad as it sounds. If anything, the payoff to that subplot makes for a pretty "fuck yeah" moment.
Shredder and Stockman use some of the mutagen Krang gives him to turn Bebop and Rocksteady into mutants, and April manages to steal a small sample of it in an action sequence involving her getting out of the TCRI HQ and outmanning incompetent Foot goons before being saved by Casey.
Donnie analyses it and figures out that he could theoretically reverse-engineer it to turn himself human, but Leo just tells him that he's a strong independent turtle and advises him not to tell Mikey and Raph, but Mikey overhears it (he's a little sensitive on the issue, since he wants to go up to the surface the most out of them all) and tells Raph, who confronts Leo and calls him out on making decisions without them. They all have a bit of a falling out (where Leo says they're not a team at all) but they all eventually make up after Splinter gives Leo a pep talk (a good leader understands that his soldiers have different opinions, a good brother accepts that) and, when it comes to finally going up to the surface to cooperate with the NYPD and stop Krang, Leo asks for a group vote on turning human and Raph takes the mutagen and smashes it. Honestly, that subplot doesn't get in the way at all.
Plus, the fact that only mutants can survive in the Technodrome's atmosphere kinda makes that all pointless anyway.

The ASM films were shit and weren't even original when they did them. TMNT at least made them somewhat more enjoyable

Yes they do.

Ninja Turtles is not, nor has it ever been part of Hasbro

Sweet. Thanks.

It's not actually a Bumblebee cameo, it's just a guy dressed up as him in a Halloween parade who has a brief interaction with Mikey
Never. They're the highlights, if anything.
He's fucking awesome, and he will most definitely return. his last line is "I'll be back, turtles... A thousand times stronger!"
Yeah man. Lots of mods to it in the movie too. Go Ninja Go plays during the stylised credits too.
Yeah.

Nope. Not a single one has been 'liked' by the critics

It's more the fact you can't sell it straight.

It's giant anthropo mutant turtles that learn marital arts from a former fancy rat that was a pet to a martial arts master that is killed in the modern world by a honorless ninja clan leader over a girl. The Rat named them after Renaissance creators and gave them weapons and have them defend the streets of New York from aliens, other mutants and said feudal Japan Ninja clan...
You know now Im wondering why we have never seen a Larry Hama's/Sunbow's GI Joes meet TMNT comic yet.

A proper adaptation of Eastman/Laird TMNT would be the tightest shit. Play it straight, but accept that it's a shameless parody of grimdark comic properties. Hell, even do a bit of deconstruction.
Of course, TMNT2 are very much a product of their time, and we've long since moved past that post-TDKR surge in darker comics seen in stuff like Watchmen.
Sadly, the only marketable versions of TMNT are the cartoons, though Turtles Forever did a great job with the Mirage Turtles.
I say this all as the main who saw Out of the Shadows, of course. I love the turtles in all of their incarnations, including fucking Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers.

*TMNT (not TMNT2) and user (not main) respectively. Sorry, I'm all over the place today.

>Stephen Amell will never be free
feels bad

Looks like Amell is doomed to Arrow purgatory.

those critics sound like they take themself way too serious.

Someone save him.

No matter how bad it is, a large group of undiscerning autists will love it anyway.

CAN'T

WAKE

UP

Shit nigger, don't bring Daredevil into this, it'll only make him feel worse.

Shredder isnt a bitch in this is he? Also does this film basically retcon the first?

He auditioned for Netflix?

No. Go to /r/arrow to get it.

damn son

It doesn't retcon it. Shredder's got good presence in this, but he goes out like a bitch.

Agreed with all of them, such a juvenile disgusting movie, nothing at all like the Marvel movies. Maybe men should not be allowed to make movies anymore?

>HALP!

Critics loved the first one though and thought it was a great story about going through the pains of being teenagers even with the weird premise because it had clever plotlines like the Foot pulling in teenage recruits by trying to be a cool and hip clubhouse that really trained them to kill once they were "In". It had a real human angle to it regarding the struggles of being a teenager. The sequels got shit on hard. But even back in 89 the critics were really high on the original film for being more clever than it had a right to be.

This

also it had great practical effects for the turtles

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

>Stephen Ammel will never be free

>get Vanilla Ice to do Ninja Rap again
>buuuut not even the original, it's a ""remake""

youtube.com/watch?v=0OJsYTqHHZA

You are my hero

Marvel bribes fucks over another franchise again

Why not copy the text, and post a high quality image, rather an inane question and a screencap of a crumby review site? Like a screencap from the movie in question featuring what you wish to discuss.

Why do you guys attack everything that's not a disney movie?

Shame they didn't use this as an excuse to mutate them into a more classic look.

Is it too early to point fingers at the disney conspiracy?

I don't like this Sup Forums meme.

>4th richest director in Hollywood with a 400 Million dollar Net Worth.
>Never need to work again but instead make whatever the fuck you want with movies like the Madea films
>Have so much sway that you can get parts in any movies you want from Gone Girl to Star Trek to fucking Ninja Turtles as Baxter Stockman.

Being Tyler Perry must rule.

I honestly can't see a down side

Well, NOW it rules but reading the wikipedia entry on his childhood is some depressing shit.

Abusive step father, molested on multiple occasions by multiple people, having to run away to Atlanta at 16 to start a new life under a new name. This is a man who has seen some shit.

But the critics were right about bvs

yikes

Does Stockman turn into a fly?

The first one got lousy reviews, and yet it made bank.

Yes but it was still a bad movie. I'm going to see this one simply for Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady. But I know it's going to be a bad film, too.

The woman in OP's picture said it was fascist and misogynistic. Do you agree with that?

I still had fun, tho. I'm gonna see the second one too.

I could see where the fascist part comes from, but misogynistic? How?

TMNT 2 is kino confirmed

I went to see this and it was actually fine, it was having fun with the ideas way more than the first movie. It really felt like a translation of the cartoon.

>he thinks any TMNT media is being made for film snobs or critics

Kill yourself and stop making shit threads, this film is for manchildren and if you like TMNT but think you're not a manchild kill yourself too because you're delusional. This movie is going to be fine and we all know exactly what it's going to be

>mfw the bay produced TMNT sequel is going to be better than BvS

>become le filmme critique

>"Finally, I can get paid to tell people to stop liking what I don't like"

>get told to go watch ninja turtles

Poetic justice