>Avatar made $2.8b
>the most hyped, most shilled movie of all time, TFA, couldn't even make it past Titanic

Why is this, Sup Forums?

because avatar was more shilled. Everyone literally talked about how it was game changing with it's 3D

Gone with the Wind adjusted for inflation beat them both by over a billion though

i dont give a damn

Because Avatar ushered us into a new era of 3D.

It's nothing more than an impressive tech demo. It looks utter shit today.

Is he still working of those four or five sequels?

>"B-but the 3d gimmick..."
It was a good movie accept it

no, it was garbage bro. Rewatch it. It looks like a PS2 game with a pocahontas/dances with wolves in space plot

>unoriginal story
>stolen art and settings
>unremarkable music
>literally no meme potential
>no cultural impact except 3D gimmick

k

This.

>>unoriginal story
>>stolen art and settings
>>unremarkable music
>>literally no meme potential
>>no cultural impact

What is TFA?

I'm glad it exists because that end of the south park episode was just great

Just as shit, except better graffix because more recent.

I saw Avatar in 3D at the cinema and didn't really like the film, but I do appreciate the franchise, as I like to fantasize different scenarios involving the Nav'i while masturbate. I probably won't bother seeing the other films in the cinema, but will definitely check them out when I can watch them in a more intimate setting.

i know this feel

Avatar sucks. TFA also sucks. Anyone who thinks that either of these movies is good is an imbecile.

Avatar utilized(at the time) ground breaking technology. It was also hyped as a film you "need" to see in IMAX 3D, thereby increasing ticket costs.

If Avatar released today no one would give a shit.

Chinks live on a polluted hellscape

Don't worry, we're rolling back EPA regulations so pretty soon we'll be right there with them. MAGA!

avatar sold way more tickets than episode VII

this is a moot point

Star Wars doesn't have the cultural following in China that it does in the US.

Meanwhile they eat up shit like Avatar.

because TFA was genuine garbage, and china doesnt care for starwars, the original trilogy never aired there in the 80s

Avatar was entertaining without being full out retarded and it had GOAT 3D and a simple to follow love story

but Avatar only made ~$80m more than TFA in China, yet it made $800m more worldwide.

>muh meme image