I'm going to post this every day until you like it

I'm going to post this every day until you like it.

omg shut up everyone is talking about rebirth instead

Whats that?

The lack of helmet wings bother me. they can't even be arsed to have hem sewn into the cowl like the movies?

I'd rather see all the edits. Some of them are kinda amusing

>Judge Dredd: Interpret the law as you wish

It's coming around on me. Especially since Nick Spencer has been so political in his other Cap book. I'm holding out hope this wasn't as le edgy as it seemed. Something something "hope" and "truth" are not universal and are ultimately corruptible concepts.

When he's revealed to be a Skrull, or LMD, or body swapped with Red Skull, or mind control microchipped, or inceptioned to believe that revised history we saw concerning his mom, or as genderless as a ken-doll (serious, he has no bulge at all there.) or cut off mid sentence, thus misquoted. We can have a laugh at all the people who blew it all out of proportion.

>SPENCER: Issue 2 will lay a lot of our cards on the table in terms of what the new status quo is, but the one thing we can say unequivocally is: This is not a clone, not an imposter, not mind control, not someone else acting through Steve. This really is Steve Rogers, Captain America himself.
>But Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort confirms that it’s really Steve Rogers and not some clone, shapeshifting Skrull, Life Model Decoy or a Cap from an alternate universe.

People aren't angry because its going to go away quickly. People are angry because they feel like steve being a nazi (a real life committer of atrocities) is a fucked up thing to do for better sales.

(not that I personally believe thats what's happening here. I have faith in BASED Spencer that this is going to all have meaning soon.)

It's pretty obvious where the story is going to go.

Captain America is a patriot. To Spencer, a patriot is a fascist. Hydra is for fascists.

Captain America doesn't do the anti-semitism thing, but wanting a better country and being loyal and respecting your country requires him to be a fascist, so him being in Hydra makes perfect sense.

>Captain America is a patriot. To Spencer, a patriot is a fascist. Hydra is for fascists.
I don't actually get this from spencer's writing. I think he's very critical of patriotic conservatism, but he's always painted steve in a good light until now. My theory is that he's going the rout of teaching steve that truth, hope and justice are relative by having him slowly realize his history has been slyly inceptioned to convince him to join hydra willingly. I mean think about it, the book starts with him outlining how hydra agents join because theyre down on their luck and hydra offers them hope and a place to belong. Then he shows the same thing in Cap's own flashbacks. This is a story thats attempting to get you to empathize with the bad guys by showing that they are just the good guys who got caught up in the wrong cause.

>There are people still taking capeshit seriously
Get over it, fags

Forgot pic

BASED

It's debatable whether false-memory brainwashing and mind control are exactly the same thing.

And they still haven't ruled out cosmic cubes.

Also they could be lying straight up

It could also be General Ross.

remove triangles

ok

Ha

>follow a few comic-centric pages on Facebook
>browse Sup Forums constantly
>hear about DC's big Rebirth event
>Steve Rogers #1 gets released
>all talk of Rebirth drops IMMEDIATELY
>Steve Rogers #1 sold out at all of my lcs
>shelves lined with unsold or returned Rebirth issues
No publicity is bad publicity, I suppose.

What's the meme here?

Rebirth was way more retarded than this, though.

Can someone spoil me and explain this image? I don't really read comics.

Rebirth is sold out everywhere I've been, and most people working at retailers on Sup Forums have said the same.

epin

Jesus Christ I haven't seen this in years

>A
>FUCKING
>HYDRA
>AGENT

But Nick, I already like it.

I HATE IT!

From cap 1#

Shut up you gay nazi.

That's impossible. They confirmed in an interview that it wasn't General Ross so it can't be him. Likewise, they confirmed that the new Thor isn't Jane Foster in an interview so it can't be her.

i'm saying this now but This is steve this is the real Cap and due to fan back lash it'll turn out to be all an avengers ploy to get close to hydra

can we get a screencap friend for the sudden reveal down the line that it was in fact one of these so we can throw it back in Spencer's face

because it's fucking clearly cosmic cube shit.

Jokes on you i've always liked it.

because i know there's going to be some hilarious twist that makes it work/make sense

keep in mind red skull has xaviers mind powers he could have just rewrote steve's memories and brainwashed him

Cap was an undercover agent for Hydra this entire time. Yes, Steve's century long fight for the American Way was actually Nazi's playing the long con, if Marvel is to be believed. It's nothing more than shock value of the highest order.

Kind of makes him look like a henchman

Didn't DC do that back in the past with miss leading covers to make it look interesting?