THOR: RAGNAROK Will Adapt Part Of PLANET HULK

>The always reliable JoBlo.com have another fresh batch of Marvel Studios scoopage today, revealing tons of details about what we should expect from Thor: Ragnarok. For starters, they mention that the God of Thunder's mission is going to revolve around him needing to find "the ultimate weapon" in order to stop Ragnarok from taking place. Could that be another one of the Infinity Stones? It seems likely as we get closer to the release of Avengers: Infinity War, but we'll just have to wait and see.

>Where things get really interesting though is what the site says about how Thor: Ragnarok will adapt the Planet Hulk storyline. Apparently, we're getting something of a mash-up between that and the Ragnarok storyline, with both heroes winding up on a planet where gladiatorial games are taking place. Who's in charge? Well, as many of you have already guessed, it will be The Grandmaster.

>It's during this part of the film that The Hulk will don the classic Planet Hulk armour from the comic books, something which promises to be an absolute delight to see on the big screen. It's Thor's new look which is most shocking though as Chris Hemsworth will apparently be rocking a shaved head for some of the movie, an appearance it's fair to say will be vastly different for him. Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie meanwhile will, "be wearing war paint on her face, much like a Native American warrior."

>The site also mentions that The Night Manager's Elizabeth Debicki is playing Ayesha/Her/Kismet/Paragon in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 (something CBM revealed earlier this year), and confirm that the team will appear in Avengers: Infinity War.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KMU8EPM0xMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>classic Planet Hulk armour
I wouldn't really call it classic, it's on the same level as his SHIELD armor.

Damn, I hope that's true. Be a great place to highlight a lot of cameos from characters that might otherwise not show up like Korg, as part of the gladiator games.

>Valkyrie

have there been any marvel movies where the plot didn't revolve around a misguided attempt to create a super soldier or unleash an ultimate weapon?

Civil War?

Yeah that was a clever misdirect

I won't have a problem if she beefs up slightly. MCU Asgardians have always been a bag of mixed nuts.

What now mother fuckers, I knew El Mayimbe was right

She is way too thin to be a believable warrior. Hopefully she puts on some muscle.

>Korg appears
Would he be scared shitless of Thor?

>Valkyrie
>much like a Native American warrior

Pandering went too far. Its time to reboot life.

>Debicki playing Her

wat

Is Gunn really gonna do some weird High Evolutionary shit? Not very GOTG...

I can't help but feel this is a fake generated by people thinking Warlock will be involved in Infinity War.

That's Margus tho

According to...?

Hm I thought it was confirmed somewhere but perhaps not.

Of course they could retcon him to be Margus or some nameless Kronan if the want to use Korg in Ragnarok

Don't know why they would specify Native American. It's not like war paint wasn't used by Norse and Celtic warriors.

Knowing Gunn he takes her name and changes her whole entire power and makes her only in name

>Not very GOTG...
How is the High Evolutionary "not very GotG"? The current incarnation spun out of Annihilation: Conquest which had HE as one of the major supporting characters. Not to mention Adam Warlock being one of the main characters of the DnA run.

She is Starhawk's mom and Adam Warlock is one of the original 2000s Guardians. How is this "not very GotG"?

>entire plot leaks for Ragnorak
>still no plot leaks for Doctor Strange movie that comes out in 5 MONTHS

We already know the basics.

Outside of Origin Story, not really

We don't know who Mads is playing or what he's trying to achieve.

Will the Eye be an Infinity Stone? I hope not

Mardo going to turn on Strange?

Are the Vishanti involved in anyway?

Mads, whoever he is, wants to let evil cosmic beings into our dimension.

>or what he's trying to achieve
Yes we do. The Ancient One is trying to keep the barrier between the MCU Earth and all the other neighboring dimensions sealed off from each other (shit like the Dark Dimension or Chaos Dimension).

Mads says that's bullshit and she's just trying to maintain her power base. The denizens from those other dimensions could very well be trying to help them and they should be allowed in.

Basically, he wants to weaken the walls between worlds so people like Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath can get in under the misconceptation that they're benevolent forces, and not, y'know, horrible lovecraftian demons and conquerors.

>Will the Eye be an Infinity Stone? I hope not
All but confirmed that the time stone is inside the Eye. It's that green gem that you can see here:

>Elizabeth Debicki is playing Ayesha/Her/Kismet/Paragon in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
Was kinda hoping for her to be a Carol cameo, but oh well.

They would announce it if she was Carol though.

Pretty sure the Russos said that Infinity War Part 1 will be the first time we'll see her.

She's hot
it'd of been a good choice

It's because people still don't know who Mads is playing. I can assure you that once they let that information loose, people will start coming up with "leaks" all over the place. It is funny how we've gotten Spider-Man and Thor "leaks" but nothing on Strange.

I don't want to believe it. This gives room for them to take the eye away from Strange. That's like taking Mjolnir from Thor.

There's no way they are doing Infinity Gauntlet without Thanos having all 6 gems

>Vision: dead on arrival via gem being ripped out of his head
>Strange: almost completely useless since the Eye has always been his "fuck off and die" weapon

I thought someone said Mads was going to be Anthony Druid.

cultural appropriation

Feige in an interview about it:
>“In this film, the Eye is a very important relic that can be quite dangerous if used in the wrong hands, because it has the ability to do any number of things, the most dangerous of which is, it can sort of manipulate probabilities. Which is also another way of saying, ‘screw around with time’ — which is part of our story.”

So it can screw around with time, which is a major plot point of the movie, and there's very clearly a green stone inside the eye based on the press photos we've seen. Also, following the MCU's trend of "colors aren't the same as the comics" this means the time stone has to be green, since the soul stone is the only other infinity gem left and the 616 soul gem is green.

We're likely getting Time Stone (green) inside the Eye for Dr. Strange, then having the Soul Stone (orange) being the macguffin that Thor is looking for in Thor: Ragnarok.

This is starting to sound like they just want to reference the theory that vikings sailed to America, could've been worse.

Fair enough, I was just looking for something beyond the obvious Warlock connection everyone has been assuming. I forget she used to run around with Quasar.

>Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie meanwhile will, "be wearing war paint on her face, much like a Native American warrior."

MFW STEALTH MCU DANI MOONSTAR

I heard he was playing Mister Rasputin.

Y'know, aside from the fact the crowd was chanting "Ulik" when he showed up.

>Time Stone
>Green
You absolutely fucking wot, mate.
That's the Soul Stone inside The Eye.
The Time Stone is Orange.

That doesn't sound like what they're saying. Like, at all...
youtube.com/watch?v=KMU8EPM0xMQ

None of the gems in the MCU are the same color they are in the comics

In the comics, yes. They intentionally go out of their way to make sure that the movie's colors aren't the same as the comics.
Power Gem
>Red (616)
>Purple (MCU)
Space Gem
>Purple (616)
>Blue (MCU)
Mind Gem
>Blue (616)
>Yellow (MCU)
Reality Gem
>Yellow (616)
>Red (MCU)

Following this pattern, the Time Stone would have to be Green and the Soul Stone would have to be Orange.

>Implying the Tesseract was purple
>Implying the Aether was yellow
>Implying the Orb was red
>Implying the stone on Vision's head is blue

>MCU Thor
Not even once.

We do.

>Movie begins hobo Strange walking around Asia searching for a way to fix his hands, intercut with flashbacks of douchebag Strange being a douchebag until his hands get rekt.

>Strange is found by Mordo and ends up in the Ancient One's temple, trippy shit happens, he becomes her apprentice.

>Meanwhile Mads and his cronies are up to no good, trying to open a portal to the dimensional neighborhood.

>Ancient One is taken out for reasons, names Strange her fall-guy.

>Strange and Mordo go to New York City to prevent Mads and his funky bunch from using a LHC to open said portal.

>Trippy shit happens. Infinity Stone happens.

>Strange wins.

>Mordo ragequits over stuff.

>Thanos makes another appearance.

Thor Ragnarok could really save the Thor movie series:
>talented director with a great record on RT and Metacritic
>top tier casting
>no Earth, focus on adventure
>described by Ruffalo as an interstellar road movie

manlets
WHEN
WILL
THEY
LEARN?

>>top tier casting
>Hemsworth
Nope. Thor is unsalvageable at this point.

I was on board once they announced Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster.

How come we know so much about Ragnarok, that comes out in November or something, than Spiderman Homecoming, that comes out in July?

>can't cast a white girl as Tiger Lily because cutural appropriation of the indians in Neverland
>cast black girl as Valkyrie, a character based off Norse myth, and have her wear native warpaint and it's 100% fine
Every time. I honestly didnt care too much about Heimdall but Valkyrie is actually an iconic marvel superhero. It doesnt even sound like it looks like her. Thats like having a Hercules movie, but having him played by Dolph Lundgren wearing samurai armor.

>a Hercules movie, but having him played by Dolph Lundgren wearing samurai armor.
I want it

Because most press conferences and released information has to be approved by two studios.

>Valkyrie is actually an iconic marvel superhero

you don't have to lie here. also have they said if Valkyrie is Brunnhilde? Cause like that's an occupations title too

Ah, makes sense
I wish they could get on with it already, i'm not the kind of guy that gets mad as something like casting choices but it'd be fun to know what i should be looking foward to

Yes people who actually read the comics consider characters who havent been in the movies as iconic. Wonder Man, Moon Knight, Hercules, Iron Fist, Black Knight, Scarlet Spider, and even Valkyrie.
>also have they said Valkyrie is Brunnhilde?
It'd be just as bad if she wasn't. Even if it's an occupational title itd be retarded not to use THE Valkyrie.

It's also possible that production will be slower because of the studios interface.

Either way, a proper Spider-man movie should not have the insane production of the cosmic marvel movies like GotG2 and Thor 3.

Heck, I'd go as far as to say that the first MCU Spidey movie should have around the same production budget as Ant-Man to keep it small and smart. That plus RDJ's salary, of course.

nah nigga, use one valkyrie then have her call in the cavalry for the big fight, with brunnhilde at the front

No dude, I read comics too. she's not iconic. She's not even an iconic member of the team she's associated most with. Like maybe of that list Iron Fist is iconic bc of Heroes for Hire. Maybe.

Hell she's not even the best valkyrie

Marvel wants the plot to leak for Ragnorak. They know it's the best way to put Thor is good graces.

Vulture in the main villain
Tinkerer is also in the movie. He uses Chitari tech from Battle of New York

Brunhilde is a character people like user. Just because a character isn't popular doesn't mean they can be wholesale reinvented from the ground up.

do we know anything about Valkyrie in this besides Tessa Thompson is playing her and she will
> "be wearing war paint on her face, much like a Native American warrior."

aesthetic changes aren't "wholesale reinventing" the character.
they might be using a different character bc Valkyrie is a title and Brunnhilde isn't in this

It's clearly going to be a wholly different character user. Let's not be naive.

Forgot to mention

>Needless Avenger cameo with really no necessary reason to further the plot in the movie.

>Mads, whoever he is, wants to let evil cosmic beings into our dimension.
Thats like every single Dr Strange villan except the anti magic guys.

>So how do we make a good Thor movie, the two first have been rahter lackluster?

>Why not make it about the Hulk?

>Brilliant!

Though I will say this sounds great.

Well The 3rd Captain America movie felt more about Tony rather than Steve, so why the hell not?

Just as long as Banner is in it too and not just Hulk.
Banner is either easily on my top 3 of the MCU.

To be fair, Thor would fit in Planet Hulk story-line given the whole Gladiator games shtick. I bet this will be just like Superman/Martian Manhunter in that one JL episode.

>Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie meanwhile will, "be wearing war paint on her face, much like a Native American warrior."

So she's norse-angel who's black and also draws heavily from native american culture? What's the reasoning behind this?

Aliens you idiot

WE
>Ancient vikings discover america
>blah blah blah interact with natives
>die in battle
>valkries show up
>hey these natives are pretty alright lets see what else they have

>Chris Hemsworth will apparently be rocking a shaved head for some of the movie
what the fuck? Is that shit from the comics? (I've never read Thor)

Jesus christ some of you people really do get butt hurt about black people playing your funny book characters. It's fantasy you stupid faggots, not you're pure Aryan cuck fest.

>shaved Thor
I just want him to have his axe

If you think Sup Forums's reaction to racebending is something to write about you should've seen the backlash to Gods of Egypt from black people.

>it'd of been a good choice
Why don't you try putting a comprehensible sentence together?

Hammer and axe would be boss.

I hemmed and hawed a bit about Heimdall but Elba turned out to be based.

Eh, I'll just imagine she's his daughter or something.

>Ancient Egypt
>Black
PFFFEHHEHAHHAHAHEHHAHAHAH

I'd rather see him with Mjolner and a scythe.

Someone in my family worked on Doctor Strange for a short time six months ago. The big points they told me:

>Part of the film takes place in 1972, another part in the 1930s. Time travel is key.

>Dr. Strange's greatest weapon is time. He brings time to dimensions without it as a method of fighting the beings that reside there.

>The big action sequence at the end is Strange rapid-fire jumping through dimensions fighting Mads. The magical world around is "invisible" to normal folks, so while Strange is fighting extradimensional beings in New York, no one sees it.

>They were certain Mads was playing Dormammu, but I don't know if that's the case. Dormammu has a presence in the film at very least.

>They couldn't confirm if the Eye is an Infinity Stone or not, but it really sounds that way.

A scythe?

Why? Don't recall him ever having such a weapon.

I'm not saying that ancient egypt was populated with sub saharan africans, but a great many african-americans certainly believes so and railed against the movie for not having the cast conform to their perception of history.

>ITS OKAY WHEN THE WHITE CHARACTER IS BLACKED, BUT ITS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE WHEN ITS REVERSED!!!

So, you are literally deaf then.

You shouldn't have posted this user
>Someone in my family worked on Doctor Strange for a short time six months ago

>Heimdall

literally whitest of the gods, bro.

I love how debicki towers over everyone

Not in the current year, bro.

Is he gonna lose an arm?

Wow, double cultural appropriation. SJW outrage when?

>"the ultimate weapon"
Odinsword?
Twilight?
Or are we just going with OC bullshit again like the Aether?
Hela clearly has the Infinity Stone so it won't be that.

HOW THE FUCK IS HULK IN SPACE
THE PLANE CRASHED OFF THE COAST OF FUCKING FIJI
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Elizabeth Debicki is playing Ayesha/Her/Kismet/Paragon in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
>Still no Warlock confirmation

>deleted

Oh, boy...

We all know it won't come.