The Leftovers s03e07

Holy shit they topped International Assassin

Bravo Linfelof

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W01Mel95ckM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

every fucking time i start a thread i make either a fucking spelling mistake or type like a retard, Jesus Christ

No, they didn't, but that doesn't mean it wasn't great.

haven't watched yet, is it the best episode so far?

this season, yes

definitely
mfw God Only Knows starts playing

*smiles at you*

I still don't understand why they had him fuck Evie in the ghost world. Like, what's the plan, mochaccino half Jesus ghost baby savior? How are they gonna pay that off with only one ep left?

Like always, I've always felt that Matt and his episodes are far beyond the quality of the rest of the show.

So if Kevin didn't believe in the flood thing, then what was he doing all this for?

escapism and meaning

I was just glad to hear the original opening theme played at the beginning. I get that they have this whole meta thing going w/ the opening music, but that theme song is spot on.

I watched this series right up to the international assassin thing. Just had it with these motherfuckers. Is it wort watching beyond that? Spoil me please.

They were all trying to exercise some control over the situation. Sr., John, Lady Aussie all had little faith it it working, but they were doing what they felt they could do. The Christianity inspired bullshit groupthink plan was all they had to cling to. Kevin felt that if they were going to show faith in him, what the hell. He had no reason to not go along with it.

The matt episode in s3 was disappointing, I was hoping at the beginning of the season he would have a storyline with his wife leaving, but I guess she isn't gonna be seen again.

I mean, if International Assassin didn't lock you into the show for good then you're hopeless and it's not for you.

That was the most shitty episode I've seen in a while. Never dropped a series so hard after watching so much. This show just kept going places without giving answers to past ones. Season 2 was horrible in that sense. So really, I think it's better if someone just spoils me, rather than spending another 15 hours watching it.

This. If you don't like the show by that episode (and idk why you would watch that long without liking it) then stop watching.

he's fucked up about leaving Nora

Because he knows he can

If I had the ability to cross over to wherever the hell it is he goes I would do it out of curiosity

The 3 girls didnt depart, they staged it because they're secretly GR members. They pretend they're gonna blow up the bridge into Miracle but its a hoax and chaos erupts. Everyone charges into the town and riots. John shoots Kevin in the chest. He goes back to the hotel and sings karaoke to go back home.

In season 3 all the GR members get blown up by a drone missile. Matt and Michael write a gospel about Kevin because they think hes a holy figure. Nora gets a phone call to come to Australia to go in a machine that will take her to the place where her family went so she does. Kevin comes with her. Then Matt, John, and Michael follow them to Australia because they think Kevin is the messiah and needs to be in Miracle on the 14th of October. Laurie comes along too because she wants to make sure they don't do anything insane. They get there and all go to a ranch with Kevin's dad who thinks the world is about to end. Except Nora and Matt who go to the machine that will take Nora where the departed went. Laurie kills herself. Kevin drowns himself to go to the other place again and when he's there he's been split in two and has to find himself by switching back and forth between the two versions of himself. Then one version cuts the other open and reaches into the heart of the other and pulls out a key that will nuke the entire afterlife (or just Kevin's hallucinatory world if you see it that way). Kevin comes back to life again.

Thank you user
Any word about the true nature of the hallucinations or their mission? In season 1 he was given some magazine, did they ever come back to that? Also, what about the asian girl and her baby, or all of the black dudes babies for that matter?

so much. It is a kind of dumb series if you think about it. I remember how the bff of Kevin's daughter went and joined the GR and by the end of the season was nowhere to be seen. I asked my friend and she didn't even remember about her, so I figured that would be the rule with this series and just dropped it.

Why do people come into a thread discussing a show just to say they dropped it/didnt like it? Does anyone care?

Aimee didn't join the GR, that's why your fried didn't remember that.

>final episode is Nora POV
wish she would just fuck off and let the mystery be

The black dude was just a psycho who thought he was god. Nora gives the baby back to the asian girl sometime in between seasons 2 and 3. Whether the hallucinations are real or not is left up to interpretation.

wtf...he healed several people. I thought it was a placebo effect, but then he healed Nora who didn't actually knew or had ever heard of him. He even runs into Kevin and they talk about some wish or whatever. All that build up and now he's just a psycho?
Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread. Just wanted some spoilers.
Not this guy, but I do remember she went to Lauries' after she left Kevin's house.

Also, what's up with the dog hunter?

So far they've actually left every supernatural element open. The dog hunter gets shot in the head in the first episode of season 3 and comes to Kevin claiming that dogs are turning into people. The show seems to play it off as if the dog hunter is just insane, but he claimed that the dogs can't refuse pbj sandwiches and when he gets shot he's carrying a pbj sandwich as proof which promptly gets taken from the cops investigating the scene by a dog.

Realistically Lindelof doesn't care about the supernatural/mysteries of the show and won't answer whether any of the shit was real/fake, but that was made clear by s2 opening having a chorus that states "let the mystery be."

If you watched Season 2/3 you should know Nora is by no means free of her pain. It was a placebo.

Just a reminder that Kevin's afterlife is all in his head.

>can't get a proper answer from Evie since anything she might say would just be something Kevin made up and easily recognized as such by John
>same thing about the shoes the kids were missing, he doesn't know the answer since he can't know the answer so he comes back with nothing
>same thing with the song

There's no doubt he can come back to life, it's just that the place he goes to is only his personal purgatory where he can only resolve his own issues. Everyone that appears there is just an apparition and not a "real" person.

I think certain things are played as a gag, like the thing with the dog.

It's meant to be unsettling since in the wake of such a bizarre event there would be no doubt various kooks coming out of the woodwork with their version of what happened and what's going on.

I'd say it's about middle of the road for season 3. In other words, pure kino.

>Not this guy, but I do remember she went to Lauries' after she left Kevin's house.

No she didn't.

Birds.
Virgil.
Azrael.
Jeopardy.
God's tongue.
Christopher Sunday.
No nora, no Laurie.

Yea in that particular sense it serves as a bit of humor after this brutal scene has occured, but it also serves to place doubt in our minds about whether there is a group/person that's right about some crazy shit (lens, dogs, kevin=jesus) or whether the entire lot of them is just insane.

Also, not related to purgatory, but there is at least one other proven supernatural occurrence, and thats the season 2 palm readings.

This episode answers the question if Laurie is dead. The answer is no other wise he'd bump into her in assasin land.

He beginning to believein himself I guess, hes becoming neo in the matrix.

>Nora gets in the machine next episode
>Va Pensiero starts playing

this is the other kevin garvey right? the guy that the aussie bitch drowned thinking it was our kevin?

also: do you think patti was really his secretary of defense in that world or was it just because he named her on the questionnaire? I think its the latter

Nah it wasn't as good as International Assassin, but pretty fucking close.

>>Va Pensiero
I smiled like a child when it started playing in the last episode

1>2=3
Show was better before Kevin became jesus.

nothing really mattered
>Eve was a bitch
>fuck the shoes
>there was no song to stop the flood because there wasn't going to be any to begin with

>all these retards thinking kevin can actually die and cross over

it's all in his head.
everything in the show can be explained with science/reason, including the departure.
The series finale will 100% be a happy ending.

he fucking woke up 3 days after he died
crawled out of the goddamn ground like a zombie
what more do you need

My favorite thing about this last episode is that there still isn't an episode summary on Wikipedia because no one can figure out what the fuck happened, much less write a 6-8 sentence paragraph describing the episode.

go watch it again buddy

haven't seen the new episode, but international assassin fukken suqed

why do you think so?

>IA is good
b2r I'm sure they love the episode over there

DUDE YOU NEED TO LITERALLY CUT OPEN YOUR OWN HEART TO KNOW WHATS INSIDE OF YOUR HEART LMAO

No, they didn't

No, Certified is the best episode of the season and the whole series.

Lindeloff is great at creating characters psychological portraits in the most childlish and mongloid ways possible. It's like watching a comic book fan trying to portay realy human beings.

>people think this show is deep
The leftovers is my guilty pleasure schlock tv show lmao.

Great episode but International Assassin is the GOAT

how come laurie didn't show up?

is it because kevin doesn't know she's dead?

>tfw the show ends with Kevin realizing he's been wrong and getting back with Nora

this I thought she would be his Vice president.

Fucking in his head confirmed.

more like Nora rejecting him and him blowing his brains out and dying for real.

>yuh peynus

>expecting answers in a lindelof show
I thought that people would have learned by now,.

She's not dead

oh please

>the entire episode is Gary Busey guiding her

checked

>6969

They just have to make sure that the rest of reddit agrees with them.

Chill out, faggot. Explain the rest of the episode.

is justins big ass dick a running joke in this show or what
also:
>big dick
>handsome
>respectable job
>for some reason marries an ugly bitch like laurie
FOR WHAT PURPOSE

It symbolises yin and yang (white and black kevin), right?

She literally says she's there because Kevin asked her to be there by naming her.

>for some reason gets together with an ugly bitch like Nora

Where do you think you are?
Try to remember that this is a board that constantly talks about how much they hate capeshit.

>Carrie Coon
>ugly

yeah, but you could interpret that as him appointing her as his secretary of defense. not "naming" her outside with the security guard.

Not a loon for the Coon? I know I am.

My dick was diamonds the entire getting shot by the prostitute scene.

>tfw the leftovers are actually the one who departed

This is how it ends Congratulation Kevin

im watching episode 4 and fuck the quality of the show plummeted hard, what is this clusterfuck?

Wtf. That was the storyline. She left, that's why you don't see her.

Only thing I don't get is seeing his dad on the television.

I can see this happening.

>tfw I've fastforwarded through all eps with the dream/purgatory stories

I just don't like them. I can't suspend my disbelief and I've always disliked them in any movie or series. They're pretentious and just an abstract, but lazy, way to fill an episode. Yet, you can still completely omit them and still completely follow the series.

Love the series, but glad we only have one episode left. Would've loved the series a lot more if the only supernatural thing was the departure itself.

pleb

youre kind of missing the point as the spirital aspect is literlaly the entire focus of the series and concept of what the departure is

No, I disagree.

Season 1 was exactly what I wanted to see: people dealing with the departure. It was spirituality in the sense of dealing with loss, psychosis, coping, depression and such. The strong shift to 'other world'-spirituality wasn't until halfway season 2, and that's when they lost me (if I recall correctly, anyway). If I wanted that, I'd just watch Supernatural instead.

So here's hoping that Kevin is just crazy. That could safe it for me.

why was the fake god dude with the MAGA hat from the ferry who killed the guy suddenly in this episode AND previously in the season 2 purgatory episodes too?

cos he is God duh.

he is everywhere, and he birthed Kevin cos Kev jr is Jesus.

Kev sr is Joseph, Nora is Mary Magdalene, Matt is peter, Laurie is Thomas, John is John, Patti is Judas,the dogs are the Holy Spirit, the guy who fell of the tower was Job, Meg is the devil, Holy Wayne is Abraham, Michael is Matthew, Ericka is larry.

its all bible guys, its so clear its like crystals.

And yuh other peenus

Carrie Poon is hot as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=W01Mel95ckM
Girls love it.

But in real life dogs love peanut butter, it doesn't really add credibility to his theory.

He was too pussy to kill himself so he was hoping he would die for real and not come back.

delet this