1995 the year anime surpassed traditional film as the greatest form of entertainment

If you believed that you wouldn't be hiding behind your poordroid

Checked but I'm on a pc.

The Sopranos is better

I decided to watch this cartoon. Why do they even show the white kid with the white hair and the brown kid in the blue suit? They were barely in it at all. I thought they would play a bigger role but they were in line 2 episodes.

Is Evangelion actually deep or is it fedoracore?

No....

Why are you so afraid to post on Sup Forums?

>pft nothing personnel kid

If you arent a faggot, dont watch this shit

I was tricked by a bunch of f/a/ggots into watching it and it is the biggest regret of my life

He watched the whole the thing, but it was shit.

It's smart, but not always elegant about what it does. People mistake the weird imagery for depth when it's really just a way of highlighting or garnishing a more intimate thematic point.

It's a good show.

>tfw met a dude on omegle with a NERV tattoo on his shoulder three days ago

Anyways, now that the dust has settled, who is best girl and why is it Asuka?

You just didn't understand it bro XD

>95
>eva
>not even a film

Wow, what coincidence. I'm here browsing Sup Forums and whistling a Cruel Angel's Thesis, and I happen to stumble upon this thread.

Amazing.

What a coincidence indeed! I was just whistling the Reddit theme song, and I happen to stumble upon this post.

Amazing.

You should probably go back.

if you're 12 sure

Is that Linkara's new girlfriend?

Am I a pleb if i unironically think this is the best tv show ever?

This is the western version of eva

NGE is the twin peaks of anime.
Confused and ultimately a mess.

I thinks it is like a combination of twin peaks and the sopranos

>"Asuka isn't best girl"
Let's go then plebs

I've always felt that literature has been and always will be the greatest form of entertainment, mainly because the author isn't limited by reality in any way. So long as they can come up with the words to describe something, they can put it in their book. Not to mention the fact that a single person with no money can write a book, and actually publishing that book costs virtually nothing these days. Comics are the only form of entertainment that comes close to literature in terms of freedom and potential, with animation being a distant third.

While not as free as books or comics, animation is still free from most of the limitations of reality in a way that live action film/television isn’t, and never will be. As long as the animators can draw and animate something, they can put it in their film/show. What might cost several million dollars, or even tens of millions for live action might cost less than a million for animation, and in my opinion, good animation almost always looks better than good special effects or cinematography. With that being said, I don’t think animation (or anime, in this case) has even come close to surpassing traditional film/television.

At best, animation has managed to match traditional film/shows in terms of quality, and even then, only a small handful of them have managed to do so. Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis are the first two that come to mind. In my opinion, both of them could hold their own against even the best live action films/shows out there. Aside from those two and a few others, most “really good” animation is only “really good” by animation standards, and very few of them actually take full advantage of animation’s potential.

>1995 was the year that happened

EVA is probably the most overrated anime out there.

It's barely in top10 anime of all time and that's only because of EoE. TV series itself is mediocre except few episodes.

How is Anno so good?

Is that the anime about an autistic, emo brat is the only hope to save the world, but he’s too scared to talk to girls? Oh wait, that's every anime. Is that the anime that has pretentious theology bullshit about "angels" that makes no sense whatsoever and a bitch that fucks a talking penguin?

>Oh wait, that's every anime

Not even close.

Too bad it went to shit again and even hit a new low soon afterwards