I liked this scene

i liked this scene

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IN652H_rdHI
youtu.be/QYbrO3vY8Us
wtfarthistory.com/post/7886097565/homunculus-n-a-little-human
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and what is this from?

I liked the music that was on during it, movie wasn't as bad as people make out, nothing special either though,many questions still left unanswered is my issue.

>I liked the music that was on during it

YES

Alien: Bible Stories

Also it's 17. Chest Burster on the OST if you were wondering.

Nice have to look it up.

what is unanswered if you dont mind me asking? movie seemed pretty straightforward to me.

also yes the music in covenant was GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=IN652H_rdHI

>DUDE what of the xenomporph posed like JESUS on the cross!
Huh you really like that?

only autists who are mad about "ruining" the original didn't like this. all David wants to do is create life, and is simultaneously jealous of humans for the ability to do it but condemns them for how they use life. the xenos are perfect to him because he made them, like how a parent's child is extra special. his logic is supposed to be flawed.

good film overall though it is flawed

It had nothing to do with that, it more symbolized the xenomorph as a child mimicking David, whois essentially it's father. There are more overt Christ on a cross references in the movie, this isn't trying to be that.

It's life, boiled down to almost raw emotion.

He was mimicking David you schmuck

This has to be one of the worst films ever made in terms of budget:quality. Fucking horrendous writing.

I was rewatching the original Alien recently and it seems to me that the only characters who consider the Xenomorph to be a perfect organism are malfunctioning androids.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the only characters to refer to it as a "perfect organism" are Ash and David.

This whole thing is just a result of androids malfunctioning and becoming obsessed with black penis monsters for no reason.

No shit retard

planning on seeing it on cinema. do you recommend it? I heard it's worse than Prometheus which I did not find that great.

I loved Prometheus so I'm not the guy to ask bud.

No, it's not only bad from a butthurt fanboy perspective, it's also a dull movie. It was very clearly chopped to shit, there's almost no character development for anybody except the lead villain.

I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty fun, I'm not a lore-autist like most of the people on this board though.

Tons of fun with friends. The flute scene will have your group pissing on the floor laughing.

worth seeing in cinema imo.
it is a prometheus sequel first a foremost, so if you liked prometheus you will like this. if not then it may not be for you

>I don't think it's a coincidence that the only characters to refer to it as a "perfect organism" are Ash and David.

I thought it was always implied that Weyland-Yutani knew a lot more than they were telling, especially considering Prometheus and Covenant.

>it is a prometheus sequel first a foremost
How? You only get 5 seconds of the Engineers and their city. Stop being a fucking shill. You probably didn't even give a shit about the franchise a few years ago.

Do you care about characters having brain cells? Do you mind that astronauts forgo any protective gear on a completely foreign planet just because the air is breathable?

There's plenty of stupid shit like that and more.

If you just want to see aliens kill things, then you're fine.

>How?

Not him, but because it's literally a sequel. You know, because everything from Prometheus set in motion the story that happens in Covenant.

Calm the fuck down Jay, you at least got all the gore you wanted.

Star trek never wears helmets. Just up already

Me too

It's better than Prometheus IMO. It still contains a lot of the flaws Prometheus had (retarded character decisions, lack of explanations) but none are as offensive as they were in that movie bar 1 moment which you'll notice.

In terms of characters and dialogue it was a lot more natural and less forced, you felt like these people actually knew each other and the banter between them worked, were as Prometheus felt stiff or something.

The special effects aren't as good though due to a lower budget, some of the ayy lmao CGI was pretty distracting at times, also the final act on the ship is completely unnecessary and the movie would have been superior without it IMO.

Personally it's what I kind of wanted originally with Prometheus so I enjoyed it a lot more, if Prometheus was a 6/10 I'd probably give Covenant a 7 or 7.5.

refute this review youtu.be/QYbrO3vY8Us

>1:00:47 long
*closes tab*

the whole david and ayy scene felt strangely erotic

It's without a doubt one of the most disappointing scenes I have ever seen in the cinema.

No wonder this film hasn't even made $200 million worldwide yet at the box office

>It's better than Prometheus IMO.
No it isn't you fucking idiot.

Prometheus is a masterpiece of a film compared to Covenant that feels like a mix of Jaxon X and Friday the 13th and doesn't even feel like Ridley Scott directed it.

Sorry you're too chickenshit slow to listen to it sped up

Sorry I have no interest in listening to an old jew with a shitty webcam rant for over an hour

I agree with the problems you mentioned especially the last act but for that reason alone I think it's inferior to Prometheus. That ending with David was impossibly cliche.

The second half was Lovecraft as fuck

I love how salty Covenant makes you fags kek, Prometheus was such a poorly written piece of shit with shittier dialogue and even dumber characters than Covenant, except with the addition of ruining the entire appeal of Space Jockeys by turning them into big blue dildo space Jesus's.

Even the dumbest shit in Covenant looks reasonable compared to every scene with those 2 chucklefucks who get lost in the ship despite one of them literally having little robot maps and being a geologist, on top of the "here kitty kitty xDD" scene with the snake, which is LITERALLY one of the top 10 dumbest moments in film history.

Then we have Idris Elba's god awful accent, the two faggot pilots who kill themselves for no reason, Shaw being an intolerable bible basher with hilariously shitty dialogue, old man Guy Pearce makeup, Vickers being a literal non-character, Lindlolf's shitty writing, black goo is fucking retarded, giant squid monster (lol).. There's more but I cba typing it out.

The only good thing in Prometheus was Fassbender. What an awful movie, you should be embarrassed my dude, now go hang yourself.

>the two faggot pilots who kill themselves for no reason

They did it to save Earf

Yes, Prometheus was the initial pleb filter and Covenant is final step in separating the wheat from the chaff

I agree. You even have the stupid scene where we "see" from the xenomorphs point of view. And its just a vaseline smear shot.

>The second half was Lovecraft
you dont know what lovecraft actually refers to do you

They threw that option out the window once the Engineers stopped being Space Jockeys. It was cooler when they were giant horrifying space elephants that gunned down Xenomorphs.

XENOMORPH IS A CUTE~

CUTE!

why is robot and alien doing macarena

Kept waiting for him to say "pizza"

>Kept waiting for him to say "pizza"
HUH??

It has nice visuals and it's overall enjoyabale, but you'll see the problems eventually. Movie would have been much better if they didn't delete 20+ minutes of it.

>DANCE OFF BRO ME AND YOU

I was literally joking about this scene with my sister earlier tonight, but I think I might've caught something.

wtfarthistory.com/post/7886097565/homunculus-n-a-little-human

I joked about how in Medieval art, Jesus was depicted as a little, fully-formed man, rather than as an actual baby. This also has roots in Alchemical tradition too.

>Medieval artists subscribed to the concept of homunculus, which literally means "little man," or the belief that Jesus was born "perfectly formed and unchanged," Averett said.

Am I onto to something or overthinking it?

typical Scott movie. Will watch it again once Director's Cut hits the torrent sites

That scene was kino and nobody here can convince me otherwise.

Imagine Prometheus with none of the interesting stuff outside of like three scenes and you got Alien Covenant.

Agreed, one of the best bits in the movie. The backbursters were more animalistic and feral where as the baby xeno seemed to have intelligence. Shame they ruined it by making the fully grown one completely mindless.

I enjoyed the movie.
It wasn't exceptional or anything, and it didn't blow me away. The performances and visuals were good though, so I didn't come away disappointed.
I feel like people are just looking for stuff to meme about, and are kind of forcing it with this movie. The only huge glaring issue with it is the fact that the crew goes onto the planet without taking any safety precautions first, but people are trying to blow it up like they did with Prometheus.

Everyone in the movie was disturbingly stupid

How?

This scene elicited laughter in my theater. I saw the movie with a bunch of coworkers, and the scenes with Oram and the facehugger, David and Walter, and the facehugger and David brought out a lot of laughter, partly because of the stupidity of the characters.

This scene is gay as fuck.

>Taking careless decisions
>Over emotional and uncalculated "astronauts"
>DUDE FUCK QUARENTINE LMAO
>Yea fuck storms..Just go in there
>Dude fuck helmets lmao
>We just lost five people to some abomination..Time to take a shower by myself
>Bwahh i hate sleeping cells..Let's just crash on this planet you guys...Screw the mission
>Boy this android sure is acting weird and indepent..Let's not reboot him

hahaaha That would have been more kino and at least funny.

that image...when did that happen?

They ruined the chestburster design. At least the original is cute.

I can't wait until the Blu-Ray comes out, so someone can edit Looney Tunes sound effects in whenever someone falls over in the backburster scene.