Dreamworks orders TV series for all recent films they've made in the last 5 years

>Dreamworks orders TV series for all recent films they've made in the last 5 years
>except Megamind and Guardians

FUCKKK YOOOUUUUUUU DREAMWORKS. How the fuck does Home and Turbo get priority over two movies with a cast literally designed for fun episodic world-building adventures?

There's never going to be any more Lizzie, is there?

I feel ya, OP. Guardians is so great and has so much potential, hope they make at least a sequel.

Who?

Thanks God, the pic you posted looks like shit

I think Turbo just happened to be what was out at the time the deal was made, while Home is one of the few recent movies they took a decent profit on.

The fact that Turbo is so well animated (same studio that worked on Motorcity right?) just makes me even sadder. What a waste.

Nah, man, it's legit hilarious. I'm as shocked as you are, but the first season or so is gold. Starts to wobble a bit in 2, imo. The movie was bland cgi and blander jokes, but the show is pretty great.

lizard waifu

>The title of the picture is even the name of one of the shit movies OP was complaining about getting a series.
The definition of tryhard cynical.

Apparently that's how the cartoon came to be.
Someone at Dreamworks was a big fan of Motorcity and asked them if they'd do a Turbo cartoon like it.

Turbo's horrible quips are one of the better jokes in the series. I loved the stat cards they used to introduce new characters in the first season, though.

Skidmark episodes are the worst, like in every series.

They probably weren't too successful, and that's a shame.

Netflix seems to be getting some talented people to work on their stuff

>Motorcity guys doing Turbo
>Scooby Doo Mystery Inc guys doing All Hail King Julien
>Avatar/Korra crew on Voltron
>Victor Cook from Spectacular Spidey doing Stretch Armstrong
>Guillermo delToro on Trollhunters

I liked the recurring gag about his Indy 500 win.

I also can't believe it ended like this.

>How to Train Your Dragon_____$495 million
Shrek Forever After__________$753 million
>Megamind____________________$322 million
Kung Fu Panda 2______________$665 million
Puss in Boots________________$555 million
Madagascar 3_________________$747 million
>Rise of the Guardians_______$307 million
>The Croods__________________$587 million
>Turbo_______________________$283 million
>Mr. Peabody & Sherman_______$275 million
How to Train Your Dragon 2___$621 million
Penguins of Madagascar_______$373 million
>Home________________________$386 million
Kung Fu Panda 3______________$517 million

They were more successful than Turbo or Peabody.

Netflix wants to have a soild animation stable and are putting solid money behind it.

Geez, if that's the case they really should make a show of ROTG and Megamind.

Megamind is a no go since DreamWorks abandoned Superhero "parody".

don't forget
>Kevin Dart doing peabody and sherman
>Van Orman and a main Sanjay and Craig guy working on Home

I don't know why Rise of The Guardians isn't getting a sequel but I believe Megamind won't be getting a tv series is because of pic related. Despite having a voice cast that contained names such as Will Ferrell and Brad Pitt along with a larger marketing campaign and Dreamwork's much higher name recognition than the just starting Illimination, Megamind still made over $200 million less than Despicable Me (whose only advantage was a earlier release date).

Now that the later movie has scored an even more successful sequel and a spin off that is the second highest grossing animated movie of all time, any attempt to do anything with Megamind will be seen by the public as nothing more as jumping on the bandwagon. Hell, they couldn't of had done a Netflix show in place of Turbo because of the success of Despicable Me 2 and the hype for the Minions movie.

When I said in place of Turbo, I meant that the hypothetical Megamind show would come out at the end of 2013 (when Turbo FAST came out).

Home might only get one season, as one of the main guys on it (Thurop Van Orman) apparently works at disney now

It vaguely reminds me of Earthworm Jim but only because of the snails' designs and the bad puns.

I feel like I almost might enjoy this but given the premise of the series I'm not so sure.

He still has a movie with Dreamworks in the making

Good, we don't need those two amazing franchises go through that shit.

>Dinotrux
I'm not a faggot for wanting to watch this right?

that Dinotrux thing seems horrible

>Megamind
>Amazing

>Shrek?
> Christmas and Halloween special

>HTTYD?
>Christmas special

>Monsters vs Aliens?
>2 Halloween specials

>Ice Age?
>Christmas(!) and Easter(!!!!) specials

>Movie with Santa Claus AND the Easter Bunny?
>ZILCH

ok, poor choice of words. Still, it's much better than that

Word is the flick is dead, a casualty of the merger.

>>Ice Age?

Not dreamworks

So now that Universal, who seem to hate Netflix, own DWA and since the Disney-Netflix relationship is about to get way stronger, will Disney start making special shows specifically for Netflix like Dreamworks does?

Isn't Guardians based on a book series? They might not have the rights to do whatever they please with it.

It's possible.

Best case scenario, they put their backlog of TV cartoons on the service.The ones with decent ratings and willing creators get new seasons.

>yfw Motorcity season 2 and Gargoyles Season 3.

So is HTTYD