X-23

X-23 is my favorite comic book character and I've decided to read all of her best stories along with her notable appearances. I've read "Innocence Lost," "Target X," "NYX," her appearances in "Uncanny X-Men," "Captain Universe," "New X-Men," "X-Force," "Messiah Complex," and her own One-Shot.

I'm curious about what else there is to read about her. I know about her "X-23" series where she meets Gambit as well as the new ongoing "All-New Wolverine." What else is there? I read that she lived on Utopia for a while, which issues did that take place in?

Also, X-23 thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C48AQQRo_8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You should check out "Avengers Academy" but aside from that and her ongoing series you've pretty much read it all OP.
Unfortunately the "All New Wolverine" comic has X-23 replaced by aboring generic teenager. You can read it but it won't be the Laura you knew.

Ah right, I forgot about "Avengers Academy." I'll be sure to read that one, too. Looks like all of these stories can be found on Marvel Unlimited except for "All-New Wolverine."

I kinda figured that might happen. X-23 has always been a dark character, especially with the whole "cutting herself" thing. Now that she's the face of the new Wolverine, I'm sure Marvel wanted to tone her down and reign her in so he could pander to Tumblrites, SWJs, a younger female demographic, etc. I assume that's what you mean, right? They've toned her down for "All-New Wolverine"?

Very toned down. Nearly a new personality entirely.

What a shame. Poor girl. I'm a bit of a writer/artist myself, reading all these stories about her makes me want to create my own fan-made story/series. If what you say about "All-New Wolverine" is true, I might have to indulge this idea of mine and redeem Laura!

How can she be your favorite character when you've never read her stories?

Its like you cannot read at all!

>I've read "Innocence Lost," "Target X," "NYX," her appearances in "Uncanny X-Men," "Captain Universe," "New X-Men," "X-Force," "Messiah Complex," and her own One-Shot.
Read more than the first sentence before replying.

I had read "Innocence Lost" and her One-Shot a couple years ago. Only recently have I decided to read everything else. But I was also a fan of hers when she first appeared in X-Men Evolution and when she showed up in MvC3. All of that stuff from the past added with the stuff I'm getting into now has made her my favorite character.

There is also the "Wolverines" mini. Not sure I would recommand it, though.
I didn't read the whole thing, but Laura did something so OOC in the first issues that I'm pretty sure the writer doesn't get her at all.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person on Sup Forums that actually likes Laura as Wolverette.

People saying "Oh she's feminist pander shit now!!!111!"
It was only one fucking line. Stop basing the whole fucking series on ONE line. I can understand Thor and Mockingbird, but Laura? nah.

And people still want her to be that one emo, cut herself girl. The same people that cry for character progression.
And if I'm reading correctly, the more recent issues have her still herself in some form
, she forms her sentences awkwardly, she's still damaged, and thank GOD she isn't Gwenpool, or fucking Squirrel Girl like most Sup Forums fags would claim.

I just want this meme to die. Let Laura be Wolverine.

Might look into it.
I'll take your argument to heart and keep it in mind when I read "All-New Wolverine." I, too, want to see Laura develop and watch as she puts her past behind her in order to live a better life. She deserves it.

>I, too, want to see Laura develop and watch as she puts her past behind her in order to live a better life. She deserves it.

Thank you, senpai.

Cutie. If I could adopt her from Craig Kyle, I would.

I feel like this is relevant. And who's hyped for Wolverine 3? X23 in live action...pls Fox. youtube.com/watch?v=C48AQQRo_8s

I was thinking about this. Instead of recasting Hugh Jackman, which would be impossible and pretty pointless, just introduce Laura. The after credits scene in X-Men: Apocalypse showed what I assume to be a sample of Wolverine's blood and a hint to Mister Sinister. They can totally introduce Laura in the next one or two movies.

Man All New Wolverine makes me sp frustrated. The story works well for Laura and then she talks and I remember why I prefer my Buffy characters in Buffy. It also has too many crossovers in my opinion.

I know she can take a fuck ton of abuse, but is she really much of a heavy hitter? Those arms look awfully skinny.

>loving yourself

She has a healing factor so she can train her body to athlete tier with a much faster recovery period.

she only had adamantium claws, not bones so she is faster then Logan.

the first 11 years of her life she was trained in combat in a laboratory.

she is not a heavy hitter like Thor, but she can compete with most street level marvel characters; Daredevil, Taskmaster, non Omega tier mutants, etc.

She didn't fucking develop they wiped the slate clean. I don't fucking care that she's not wmo and cutting herself its the fact that the majority if the unique aspects of her character were tossed aside.

Get that shit out of here.
Laura is Halal.

I'm not sure you know what that word means.

It means pure in mudslime.
you're thinking of Haram.

Isn't "halal" anything allowed under Sharia law? But you're saying the word itself translates to "pure"?

I work at a Bar and our chicken wings get shipped in by Sysco with big Halal signs on them, the beer we serve isn't Halal though

I could've said Kosher, but yes, technically it means pure.

This isn't real, is it?? Laura has become le epic meme girl? Tell me the truth, dubs user!! Tell me my girl isn't a memespouter. Please, God...

This would be classified as masturbation

For one non canon cover yeah

Alright, so part of why I love Laura is because she always shows off her midriff. Thus, I have to ask: what is going on with her belly button in this image? I don't think it's a piercing, did the artist ink the inside of her belly button or something?

Also, thanks for dumping, user. I've been saving everything you've posted.

It's just a variant. It's expected but don't take it as the route Marvel's going to take.

That's what I was thinking. Heck they can always pay Hugh for cameos like a passing mentor or tease during the X23 movies.

You are not alone.

I think it's actually good they finally made a clean break with the endless characterisation loop she was stuck in. Obviously the circumstances weren't ideal, but ANW is the best she's been written since Avengers Academy ended. Like, if Arena had never happened, I could see her largely ending up in the same place emotionally she did at the start of the book.

If people want to bitch about her characterisation, they should look at ANXM.

So who is best boy for Laura?

Trick question, the answer is Elixir.

Teen Cyclops

I liked Hellion for her. Maybe he was a little basic, but I really would have liked to have seen where their relationship would have gone had they hooked up. Watching Laura discover love and romance for the first time, y'know? Especially when she was a little younger in "New X-Men."

Need more of this.

Nice.

Me.

I agree with you for the most part. Though that might just be relative to how she was under Bendis, and how she is BRB-23 under Hopeless.

What would make the definitive X-23 story? What should her character arc be? Imagine you have four issues to work with. Is there an antagonist? Is it more down to earth like NYX? Does Logan make an appearance, dead or alive? How would it end? Would the conclusion have some kind of lasting effect on future runs featuring Laura?