This has not aged well

This has not aged well.

Like all X-Men movies.

It's still very good.

1 was better, Sup Forums just won't admit it.

Wasn't better, but was great.

Both are really nostalgic to me.

I think it holds up

Go watch First Class again, that aged horribly.

X-2 brushed them all out of the way within the first 15 minutes so Wolverine could do everything. Especially poor Cyclops.

The first one at least tried to pretend there were other characters.

>the old website where you design your own mutant for the school
>tfw my connection was so shitty back then I could never get past the first few steps

We're not talking about Nolans Batman

I watched it recently, it was fucking great, better than DoFP.
Is dissing FC a meme in here?

>Is dissing FC a meme in here?

I thought First Class was fine but Sup Forums hates it. Is there a reason besides "NOT MUH ORIGINAL FIVE"? It's a pretty solid capemovie.

The first one was made before they knew who actually drew the crowds.

Turns out it's Jackman. That's why they got nervous and put him in First Class, even though it didn't make any sense, and why they followed up with another solo movie, even though his first one was bad. Because he sells.

Now he's retiring from the role, they'll probably reboot.

No one knew he was in First Class. It was just a fun little cameo.

Now putting him in Apocalypse on the other hand, or having him play Kitty's role in DOFP, is a clear cashgrab.

No, I just think it aged horribly.

The dialogue was hit and miss but what was painful was the pushing of "Mutant and Proud", White Queen sucked, They kill Darwin off in the dumbest way possible and have Angel go from good to bad from a mere invitation from Shaw, Magneto's accent tends to slip, Azazel has only a few lines, Riptide has no lines at all.

It has some good moments sure but it's nowhere as fucking great as people say it is. Especially when compared to the other movies.

The X-films are like the Beatles. You can enjoy them and honor what they did. but when you compare them to more modern groups they haven't aged well.

X-men 1-2 are Bryan Singer putting up with limitations of the time and still being shackled by Studio shame

X-men 3 is Brett Ratner doing his best to cobble a film together from Singers notes to beat a deadline.

X-men origins had the writers strike to blame for most of it's sins. even though the first 2/3ths of the film is actually pretty good.

First Class was the best thing the X-films gave us

The Wolverine was the best thing Hugh Jackman has done with the character.

DoFP is a fucking trainwreck with Singer basically going REEEEEEEEE MUH FILMSS!!!!
and destroying all the good first class did.

Deadpool is....honestly good. and I hope the Studio stays out of the sequel.

gonna see apoc tomorrow but with whats being said....I'm not that excited for it.

Are there any cape movies from before 2008 that have really aged all that gracefully?

Not to sound like some beacon of moral standards myself or in any position to judge what others do, There was absolutely nothing about Angel that said she was trustworthy or loyal person or close friend to anyone. She took a deal to get out of being a stripper and then she took a better deal once it came along.

You know what, fuck you. 1,2 and 3 were fine to very good.

X-2 and Spider-Man 2 hold up really well, frankly.

>The X-films are like the Beatles. You can enjoy them and honor what they did. but when you compare them to more modern groups they haven't aged well.
I'm not one of those "TODAY'S MUSIC ISN'T REAL MUSIC!!!!" fuckwits, but come on, dude.

Also
>Deadpool
Deadpool had a LOT of room for improvement considering how many jokes just fell flat (i.e. Did I leave the oven on?) or were flat out stolen or old and overused (i.e. Can I visit you between the holidays)
That being said, regardless of the director, the sequel(s) will inevitably lose something considering how much effort it took to even bring the first one to see the light of day.

The Crow

Batman Returns

>not aged well
nice meme

The OG X-Men films are much better than the low effort trash released today by ALL studios.

Fair enough but then once she's with Shaw in the Sub she's smirking at his evil plan and shooting acid balls at people she met and had fun with less than a week later. It's also more annoying because Darwin defended her before he died.

I think her turn was poorly executed.

blade and blade 2

It's still good...literally the only thing wrong with it in retrospect is the corny Iceman/Rogue shipping but I really just hate romance in any super hero movie so whatever

That's an exaggeration, though.

What did Wolverine do in the movie?

>Babysat the students
>Fought off soldiers so the students could escape
>Drove to Boston to meet with Storm and Jean
>Warned the X-Men of the flood.
>Left Stryker to die in the end.

In comparison

>Mystique figured out the plot.
>Magneto saved the mutants from Dark Cerebro.
>Nightcrawler rescued the students.
>Storm stopped Mastermind and disabled Dark Cerebro.
>Storm and Nightcrawler rescued Xavier.
>Cyclops (accidentally) destroyed the facility.
>Rogue and Iceman saved everyone by bringing the plane around.
>Jean saved everyone (again) by lifting the plane off the ground.

X-Men 2 was so perfect

The third movie was the best because it had Ellen Page

There were a few things off about that movie, a fickle backstabbing self serving stripper just wasn't one of them to me.

If you feel so inclined just browse the Twitter feed of strippers. They're all BFF's until there's a man or some girl said something while drunk. Then it immediately turns into "I never liked that bitch" when there a photo of the two of them making out at someones house posted not more than a month earlier.

I'm standing by my allegory The Beatles and x1 and 2 are great but compare to them to what has come after them and they fall flat, but we have the stuff that came after them if they didn't do it first.

We wouldn't have Kings of Leon without the Beatles, and we wouldn't have Winter Soldier without X-1 and 2.

shut up David Cage

is it still up?

>We wouldn't have Kings of Leon without the Beatles, and we wouldn't have Winter Soldier without X-1 and 2.
holy shit
you had me going too

>Wolverine looking for his past
>there was the Wolverine Jean relationship stuff/Wolverine not being dependable and a loner.
>Fought Deathstrike

And arguably the entire weapon X Program was kind of about him. Mystique sneaks into the base by disguising herself as Wolverine.

Like I said she's not my big problem but just one of the contributing factors.

Just watched it like 2 days ago. It is still a damn good movie.

the movie aged well, just ignore dated special effects like you do when you watch classics like Star Wars.

Blade 1
Blade 2
Darkman
Hellboy

Eh, it wasn't bad, but it feels like a made for TV movie now. Always kind of did. Product of its rushed production, I suppose.

I thought it was still pretty good last time I watched it a few years ago.

>Kings of Leon
>even remotely as good as The Beatles

Just like Raimi's Spiderman movies

Why is neo-bait so lazy?

I don't deny he was the focal character, but to claim the other X-Men are shafted so he "does everything" is a falsitude I can't abide.

Kitty wasn't even born by the movie DOFP timeline though, considering the cinematic universe they built up it HAD to be Wolverine. Not just from a financial point of view but a narrative one. Giving Kitty magical time travel powers though was pretty dumb, they should have just used a regular time travel or Rachel Summers.

I found it tedious to sit through most of the time. It just kinda ambled along whenever kevin bacon wasn't being the most gloriously underrated x-movie villain ever. It had good magneto moments but little else.

>The X-films are like the Beatles. You can enjoy them and honor what they did. but when you compare them to more modern groups they haven't aged well.
>mfw I was literally listening to Abbey Road as I read this

Anyway, X2 and DoFP are the only genuinely well made movies.

Wolverine Origins is so bad it boomerangs to amazing.

X-men 1, Deadpool, First Class and The Wolverine are all entertaining but flawed movies.

X-men 3 and Apocalypse are just crap.

>Apocalypse
>bad
wew

>What he has a different opinion?!?
>It's m-must b-b-be bait!!!

Oh God no, it's cheesy garbage

I watched all these movies a few weeks ago. X2 and DOFP are great, X1, Deadpool, and First Class are good but they have problems, X1 having aged very poorly but still pretty good. The Wolverine is okay, super forgettable though. X3 and Origins are shit movies but Origins is entertainingly shit so it's got that going for it. These opinions are inarguable and perfect. Accept them.

Is this one of those kino meme things where we pretend this and BvS are good because they're not MCU and that everyone has been bribed by Disney?

Cause thats just sad.

Me agreeing with you depends on what you thought of Apocalypse.

It was shit when it came out, like all the X movies

Move Apocalypse up one and Wolverine Origins down two

I will.

Except for that one horrible line from Halle Berry.

No, Apocalypse was horrible.

At least WO has this print going for it.

That was Josh Whedon's fault.

>Magneto's grandplan is to turn nameless world leaders into mutants
This is a terrible plan, they'd all just be replaced and shunned. Nothing would change.

Not to mention the idea of having a machine that can do that is really retarded.

>that one horrible line from Halle Berry
IT CROAKS for fucks sake What happens to a Toad that gets struck by lightning is that it croaks.

That could have been the line of the movie but instead it was botched.

Nah it had some good stuff but it's inability to move on from the First Class Cast and their bullshit was a major problem.

I haven't seen it yet. The trailers all make it look really boring and I really hate Jennifer Lawrence. Good god I wish her career would die already.

>Apocalypse
Jean Grey ruined that film.

I think that line would have worked if they left the set up. Where apparently toad keeps going on about the majestybof toads or some quit and her line is basically pointing out when struck by lightning they're the same as any other fucking thing. It just had no set up and that awful delivery.