Bear with me for a second here Sup Forums...

Bear with me for a second here Sup Forums. This came to me after watching the Ghost in the Shell movie and seeing people freak out.

>Big round eyes, peach skin tone in official art, taller than most of the cast
>Brother is 6'3, has a widows peak (a trait only found in white men, asians who inherit a recessive trait for it have it rarely. Google if you don't believe me) and looks like white trash
>Author built a world where there are black characters, native americans, actual asians, and even aliens, and Goku looks more like the white characters than many other members of the cast

What exactly would be so wrong with casting Goku as a white guy? Superman is a white looking alien as well but no one freaks out. What about the FMA or Attack on Titan cast?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is what's wrong.

While I agree that movie was shit, thats pretty close to what Goku would actually look like

>needing to have things spelled out for him

jesus. some people really are simple

It would upset the weeaboos who have no actual evidence that Goku looks asian.

The problem with casting Goku as a white guy is that Dragonball has no business being live action.

Pretty sure there isn't even an asia in Dragon Ball, the planet only has 4 major cities and one landmass, pretty sure the actual planet is only about as big as california

Dragon Ball just won't work in live action. They're better off doing kid Goku as a pixaresque cgi character in a vibrant world. The early Toriyama aesthetics would translate over to this perfectly.

You know, this actually explains why their big blasts in Z have radii of small nations in that space perspective they use. Now I realize it's not the blast that is so big, it's the planet that is smaller.

Nobody cares if fantasy characters are whitewashed. If characters who live in Tokyo become white, that actually changes something about those characters and the city they live in.

How bout Lego Dragonball????

Little goku could work in that and I hear Dragonball was more comedic than Dragonball z.

>How bout Lego Dragonball
thats very gay user.

Goku has always been white

He's german and SS is the realized master race don't know how this went over the world's head

He wasn't even the horrible thing about that movie, your just getting butthurt over the wrong reasons. Goku being some alien warrior gorilla that is a minion of Piccolo with shitty cgi made the movie bad.

Agreed

Nigga looks like Casey Affleck

should i watch this shit or does it only work if you're a kid/teenager when you watch it?

DBZ or the live action movie?

I don't even like dragon ball z but I know he has symbols on his close that are definitely not greco-roman and I'm sure there's more evidence it's based in Asia

DBZ

It's shonenshit, don't bother.

The problem would be that he is appearing in a live action adaptation of dragonball. Which probably can't ever work. The source material is too silly for live action.

Casting white people for FMA or Attack on Titan would make sense as those characters are supposed to be white people, but you'd still have the live action problem. How do you make alchemy and 3d maneuver gear not look ridiculous?

It's literally my favorite thing of all time and I grew up on it so it's impossible to see it from an outsider's view. Although I prefer the version I grew up with I would recommend watching DBZ Kai, which is a re-cut remaster of the series (291 episodes to like 160).

Give it a shot, it's good from the very first arc (infamous Vegeta as the villain). Saiyans are cool as fuck, the villains are cool as fuck. The art style is cool as fuck. Go for it. There are a bunch of non-canon movies which I think the fan base generally doesn't care for but some of them are pretty damn good, and have really high quality animation.

Also try Yu Yu Hakusho.

Major is not fucking asian. That wasnt "whine washing" and those people are retarded.

Man of Steel was literally DBZ

>Have a scene of Burdock sending Goku to earth
>Goku grows up during flashbacks, meeting Bulma and Krillin etc
>The saiyans attack earth

Even the final battle was incredibly DBZ like. It could be done just fine

Start with Dragonball and see if you like it. If you start with DBZ you'll be confused and hit with lots of weird stuff all at once.

Oh, I should add I'm not into anime. DBZ is one that everyone watched, I think that the Funimation version was so Americanized it felt like our own. Also probably why this thread was made lel. And Yu Yu Hakusho is similar somewhat.

Goku looks Asian to me. There isn't enough detail or facial features to say anyone is of any race in anime.

>muh eye color
>muh widows peak
nigger, people in anime have like blue hair and shit. And every character Toriyama draws looks exactly the same.

That being said, Goku isn't Asian, he isn't even human. There wouldn't be anything inherently wrong with him being played by a white dude. Goku sounds like an Asian name but it isn't even his real name.

I think the key to a DBZ wouldn't be finding the right race for anime characters who aren't even from Earth, but to find a writer/director who likes and understands the source material and isn't just going to Jew it up for American audiences, because why even make the movie then, aside from name recognition.

Heeell no. It isn't necessary at all and not a great start point. Almost every old DBZ fan started with DBZ anyway. He should watch it after if he likes DBZ.

The fighting could work. The characters couldn't. At least not the saiyans. Goku and Vegeta would look either ridiculous or not true to the anime no matter what you do.

They started with Dragonball in Japan. It only started with DBZ in America because little boy goku penis.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ

And Man of Steel was shit.

Nah, they started with DBZ in murrica because DB was kind of lame until Tienshinhan showed up (aside from the Jackie Chun tournament). The anime had shitty pacing, and most of the humor from the early arcs in DB was a little too adult for the kid audience they were going for. DBZ was basically superhero shit, which has been popular for decades.

Wrong.

>weeb shit
>asian
90% weeb shit characters look like white

Who cares how it started in Japan. They stand on their own and they are both very different. If someone wants to watch DBZ don't tell em "Hey famm, watch these 150 episodes first so you can see where the irrelevant background characters came from".

The only reason you guys are saying this is because you watched DBZ first so you think that's the normal way.

people should stop looking at anime characters and see any real race or whatever in them. would you really say someone like Goku for example is either asian or white?

does THIS look white to you, you fucking bigot Trump voter

Major is white but Goku is def Asian

>
>people should stop looking at anime characters and see any real race or whatever in them. would you really say someone like Goku for example is either asian or white?
Most anime literally takes place in Japan

***Asian***

correct

russian counts as asian.

No, I'm saying it because he wants to watch the famous DBZ, not DB. It's really not important to DBZ. He can always go back and watch it if he likes it. Or he can just look up the major plot points.

Like I said, don't tell someone looking to get into a show with 291 episodes to watch 150 episodes of something else first. That's just gonna make them say fuck it.

What's even more disturbing is that Goku becomes more "white" when he transforms. His hair becomes blonde, he gets the widow's peak, the more pronounced forehead, etc. What did Toriyama mean by this?

>asians can't have beards

he started growing that in his teens probably or early 20s. My uncle has a mustache. It took him literally more 20 years for it to look full.