THE FX'S "LEGION" RECEIVES SERIES ORDER

Season 1 will have eight episodes and will air on early 2017.

>Marvel's LEGION chronicles the life of David Haller (Dan Stevens). Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real. As he attempts to understand his gifts, David meets the woman of his dream and unravels the secrets of his past.

DAVID HALLER (Dan Stevens)

>A troubled, haunted man trying to find his way back to sanity; he's getting tired and is about to give up when he meets the woman of his dreams.

LENNY (Aubrey Plaza)

>David's best friend. Despite a life of drugs and alcohol abuse, Lenny knows that any day now her life is going to turn around — which gives her likeable energy and impossible optimist despite her rough demeanor.

MELANIE (Jean Smart)

>A nurturing, demanding therapist with a sharp mind and unconventional methods, dedicated to rehabilitating David.

OC?

>FX
Well, this looks like shit I probably won't-
I'm in.

NOT ENOUGH HAIR

shockingly no one is complaining about Legion not being played by an Israeli actor

SYD (Rachel Keller)

>A scrappy, optimistic woman with a secretive past, who appears in David's dreams and eventually crosses paths with him in real life.

Fucking pathetic, desu.

Because no one fucling cares about Marvel's TV shows that aren't MCU approved

Yes yes yes yes yes yes

Audrey is love, Audrey is life

AMY (Katie Aselton)

>A textbook "Type A" personality, Amy is a fellow patient at the psychiatric hospital where David is institutionalized.

Will they actually make him a mutant and have the Professor X connection?

the show isn't set in the X-Men movie universe, so I wonder what access they'll have to other mutants/marvel characters…will it be like the CW DC shows?

This will be the first no MCU show desu

sooo donnie darko the tv show

Given they already said it's not connected to the X-Men movie universe, probably not.

Mutant? Probably.

Professor X's son? Unclear and shaping up to be unlikely.

This is the first western harem series i've seen.

KERRY (Amy Midthunder)

>A newcomer at the psychiatric hospital who quickly bonds with David.

more excited about the Hellfire tv show desu

THE INTERROGATOR (Hamish Linklater)

>A mysterious man assigned to evaluate David and document his progress, the Interrogator harbors dark secrets and an equally shadowy agenda.

>Emma dead
>Shaw dead
Selene's moment to shine.

And no one is talking about it because of that

It's also not connected to the movies and centered on Emma.

>In the late 1960s, a young special agent learns that a power-hungry woman with extraordinary abilities is working with a clandestine society of millionaires, known as "The Hellfire Club", to take over the world. A web of lies and intrigue spins as he entrenches himself to the underworld of high society to dismantle the shadowy cabal and finds himself facing his own personal demons.

No one knows who Legion is, nor do they give a fuck about this show.

>a power-hungry woman with extraordinary abilities

It likely won't be Emma but god I hope it is.

Im curious about this as well. Presumably other mutants will show up right? Maybe the X-Men will be referenced but not shown?

It probably is.

The shows will not be part of the X-Men movie universe.

The twist is that they're all split personalities of him, isn't it?

Oh it's gonna be Emma. Singer killed her. She is free to use.

>no standy-uppy hair
Can't say I'm surprised. Still disappointing, though.

That's twist 1. Twist 2 is that they used to be real people, but he accidentally absorbed their consciousnesses before forgetting about them due to the trauma of it all.

Of course.
And then it'll be revealed that that was a hallucination or he uses his powers to make them retroactively have been real the whole time.

I loved DOFP but I was really pissed when they revealed Emma was dead. She is a character with such potential - and could have played an important role in new instalments of the franchise. Oh well.

if she can't be shipped with cyclops she's worthless

>All of his split personalities are females

Something you wanna share with us, David?

David's not Israeli though, his mom is

Unless the third twist is that he's been in a coma the whole time and every character he's met throughout the first season is a personality he's absorbed.

>not shipping Emma and young Jean

>Dat everything