Are female comedians in general trash or is misoginy's fault?

Are female comedians in general trash or is misoginy's fault?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8S692f1tnuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4wzpYDnqhiI
youtube.com/watch?v=a_aWwmTdBLU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHonbqlEOs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Women in general just aren't funny. Not even trying to be misogynistic, I have never in my laugh met a woman who I would consider "funny", nor can I recall a woman genuinely making me laugh. Ill pity laugh if they attempt a joke or if they make a silly mistake ill giggle but I've never had an honest laugh from one. They just aren't funny

I think women can be funny in a very in the moment on the cuff sort of way. I don't think they're very good story tellers though.

youtube.com/watch?v=8S692f1tnuQ

hitchens drops some truth bombs

Both. Women are unfunny because they are lesser members of society. This manifests in an inferiority/victim complex that makes their humor inherently oppositional: either "us girls!", "my vagina!" or "silly boys!", "fuck men!"

Female comedians can be funny, when they're not being shoved down everyone's throats for big entertainment's "next big thing, look at us!"

Joan Rivers was hilarious, and Natasha Leggero has been doing this shit forever.

Hollywood and some parts of entertainment media are just trying to sell us shit currently, and are trying to force Amy to "happen". They haven't realized yet you can't just force that.

Can't remember many, if any female stand up acts I've laughed at.

Women are funny. There are a lot of funny women I know personally and just ones I've seen on the street. Female artists online are funny, YouTube girls are funny, female actors and writers are funny and they are cute and funny in interviews.

But goddammit women are awful stand up comedians. I don't know what it is but it's fucking painful.

Any female comedian who doesnt talk about his vagina , sex or why men are scum?

Tina Fey is funny

I really don't know if Natasha Leggero is actually funny or I'm just so turned on by her, I'll laugh at her specials so maybe, JUST MAYBE, she'll notice and reach through my computer screen and touch my balls as a thank you

>Any female comedian who doesnt talk about his vagina , sex or why men are scum?
Name one I don't think there is such a thing.

I've laughed at plenty of female youtubers. From Ashley to the most normie core shit ever. Not sure how but it happens.

The strongest female standup comedian right now is Iliza Shlesinger who has a few Netflix specials.

I think Aubrey Plaza can be funny sometimes, but I doubt she'd be able to hold a full stand up special

She does thrive by playing off non-spergs.

>The strongest female standup comedian right now is Iliza Shlesinger who has a few Netflix specials

All she talks about it relationships with guys

Voided and discarded

This,it's another dumb boring " i have sex tee hee" girl

Funny women exist. Amy Schumer isn't one of them. She's only posted here because she's so fucking hideous she seems somewhat attainable to Sup Forums's resident autists.

women aren't funny. the only time i've actually laughed at woman is when she braaaped when she thought no one else was in the room and got embarrassed about it

June Diane Raphael is funny.

I think most comedians who gets to be mainstream loses their ability to be funny. They confuse edge for cleverness and their careers turn to shit. But what really kills their careers is their inability to be self-deprecating anymore.

Amy Schumer used to be funny, and then she became the "It" woman.
Roseanne Barr used to be funny, and then she became the "it" woman.
Sarah Silverman used to be funny, and then she became the "it" woman.
Lucille Ball was one of the funniest women of the past century, until...

The reason the decline is noticeable with female comics is because they confuse self-deprecation with being synonymous with oppression, and their fan base agrees with them. They forget to take as good as they give and it gives them a sense of entitlement.

But to say that there aren't any funny women is a stretch. Tina Fey is hilarious. Maria Bamford brings tears to my eyes. Kaitlin Olson is one of the funniest women on television.

There are funny women. They just tend to behave like men.

youtube.com/watch?v=4wzpYDnqhiI

Maria Bamford is trash really. There's ever rarely jokes...she does weird, exaggerated voices and that's the only thing the audience ever eats up.

This isn't funny, I'm sorry dude.

We talking stand-ups or any comic? There are a few female improvs that I think are pretty great. Lauren Lapkus, Betsy Sodaro, Amy Poehler, Claudia O'Doherty to name a few.

youtube.com/watch?v=a_aWwmTdBLU

This applies to what this user just posted:
Treating the fucking audience like a toddler trying to make them laugh with noises
>"At dinner, men can eat anything. What do women eat? *weird voice* LETTUCE" *****audience dies from laughter******

Lettuce isn't a fucking punchline just because she said it weird

>itt: it's not uniformly 100% for me, so it is bad
plebs

Tina fey is quirkey
She rarely does well without a support.

well, being honest Jim Gaffigan do the same thing but.. i dont think hes funny either...

Don't be retarded. None of use think that. The demographic female comics aim for may be women, but that doesn't mean that it would be bad just because it isn't for us.

Hell, the Devil Wears Prada was 100% not uniformly for me, but that movie is the shit.

Her schtik is mainly mental health.

She maybe geniune, but her qct i think is more of a comment on todays modern woman indenpendant woman. Usually riddeled with over exaggerated psychosis and overly mediated. But like the typical modern hero, even the solutions she finds still end up oppressing her.

Now that's just a string of projection there.

Jim Gaffigan is just as big of a hack as Bamford, him and Brian Regan came to mind when I was writing that. They're fucking horrible

*says hot pocket in weird voice*
okay that was weird
heh kind of annoying
seriously stop
WHAT THE FUCK THIS ISN'T FUNNY

people don't like brian regan?

Who was that mean bitch in golden girls that wasnt the gandma blanch or betty ?

Paula poundstone
Ellens early stand up was good.

Dykes i think probably make better comedians. Becuase of how the can probably relate to the other half of the audience in sex.

w-w-what are y-ou saying...me a c-uck?

Good call Paula Poundstone was pretty good

>Dykes i think probably make better comedians
Sometimes. Not always Tig Notaro for example is horrible dyke trash

hes on point, though.

female youtubers arent funny. you guys are just painfully alone.

Wew lads, not to be the "you don't get it" guy, but Bamford has solid material. Her very recent stuff is about mental illness, but I liken her to Robin Williams: they both offer no hand-holding into their jokes. Williams would just start talking and go nuts and you'd have to struggle keeping up with wtf he was talking about. Bamford is pretty much the same. I hated her until I realized she just assumed I was getting it. After that you can see that she has well-rounded jokes that make you think (ayy lmao) as much as they make you laugh.

One big reason for the "are women funny" thing I think is pure numbers.

1- a lot more dudes than chicks are in standup
2- most comedians are total fucking garbage

Those two mean that there's a rarity of funny comedians anyway, and since women are the minority for comedians, they're even rarer. I was angry about women always bringing up women's issues until I watched "comedians" like gabriel iglesiaisiaisas and his fat jokes, for example. Most comedians have nothing of value to say.

No you're not. Otherwise you wouldn't need to pose as other people.

Are we talking stand up comedy or comedy in general?

Tina Fey and Amy Pohler are great and Kathy Griffins standup is pretty funny.

Stand up, I guess.

Women in comedy roles usually kill it.
quitepossiblybecauseofmalewriters

Are we still having to pretend Schumer isn't funny so Sup Forums won't freak cause she's pro gun control? Jesus Christ Hiro ban these assholes already so we can finally discuss this beautiful woman in peace!

How many layers of irony are you on?

Maria Bamford is funny because she recognizes she's mentally ill and is able to create jokes about it. Most women are mentally unstable, but don't know it or admit to it. Schumer is mentally ill and thinks she's virtuous, which is why she drones on about muh gun legislation and muh fat positive feminism.

Dont do that. dont bring political shit to a sub thats about entertainment. DESU the alt right is way worse than anything the SJW have done with their misguided altruism. At least they're not a recruiting tool for stormfront or are killing people in Oregon.

women are funny sweetie. get over it.

Who was that chinese lady on that show on ifc ?

Bobby Lee

Are you saying vagina jokes aren't funny? You men just don't get it.

I saw Ruby Wax live last year and she was fucking hilarious.
She was doing a tour for her new book on mental health and my family know I suffer with shit so they got me a ticket... SO GLAD I WENT... was a real good couple of hours, laughed a lot.

because they dont have to be, men have too because want the pussy and women own that pussy so ugly men have used humour to get with women
this is patrice o'neal and his gf, what ever your taste when it comes to black women she is hot, and hes a fat ugly mutherfucker, he even said him self but he is a funny nigger
Kevin James is married to a super model Steffiana de la Cruz
chicks dont have to be funny cause they have the pussy

Amt Schumer is trash, becaus Amy Schumer is a trashy, unfunny individual. I wouldn't make a generalized statement about female stand up comics being completely unable to be funny, though to be fair, I can't remember ever seeing a semale standup artist that was significantly funny.

There are some funny female comedians, but not many, and most aren't as good as the average amateur male comedian.

better writers than stand up really
guys have huge egos so it works for them,
Tina fey is a amazing writer but i bet she couldn't do stand up to save her life

I guess it's not just me then that thought that bit was a comedy black hole.

Amy scunthair isn't funny her male writers are. but when she was caught ripping of jokes she tried writing her own but she is shit,

I'm only talking standup. Amy is legitimately great as a comedic actor, her delivery and physical comedy. I've read books by women that I found funny as well, and heard women tell a funny joke. But I don't think I have ever in my life seen a good female standup comedian.

>Joan Rivers
I never got this meme. I always just thought of her as some load mouth Jew who probably fucked a load of TV execs so she got put on TV. Never once did I hear her say something funny.

this

Women seem to do better in comedic roles than being stand up comedians. 30 Rock and Parks and Rec are 2 examples of great comedies where women were in the leading role.

>HAHA LOL POOR HYGIENE
>LOOOOL I'M UGLY
>*FAAAAAAAAAAAAARTS*
>LOL STEVE-O WHY DIDNT YOU DIE INSTEAD OF RYAN DUNN
Even Joe Rogan is a better comedian.

>Joke written by a man

Dame Edna is funny...but thats a dude pretending to be a woman.

>Andy Samberg
>Samberg
>berg
Huh.

VAGINA VAGINA FAT SMELLY VAGINA FART PEE PEE VAGINA

Good argument.

this reference got me off guard when i saw it

>Joan Rivers was hilarious

and why are they all jew?

>another Jew who talks nonstop about her vajayjay

I think orange is the new black features plenty of women being funny.

I think Crazy eyes and Taystee are hilarious, but they're black so that's kind of cheating.

bet those migraines were funnier than her. maybe she should've stolen their jokes.

Some are good, the rest?
>Muh vagina!
>Muh period!
>Muh kids r shit heads!
>Muh husband/boyfriend did a thing!

Most comedians aren't funny. Most comedians are male. Obviously the chance to find a funny female comedian is much lower. Due encountering fewer female comedians, you start thinking wymen aren't funny. Pretty basic shit.

It's true.

Women are bad stand ups. Bad.

They're fine as writers, actors, or comic artists.

But why are most comedians male? Because women are so unfunny that most can't even pass the low barrier of entry to become even a bad comedian.

>citing breitbart

Look man, I think most female comedians are shit but at least get your stuff from a site that's respectable and not just alt-right propaganda.

Any male comedian that doesn't talk about his dick, sex or relationships with women?

Pic related

Most, actually

women aren't funny, look at this one woman who i find really unfunny idiots

Name five.

This.

Dude I fucking watched Schumer's special get assraped. Dozens of people did youtube videos on it. How the fuck is that alt right propaganda?
>its Breitbart so it has to be false!
Fuck off with that bullshit.

I don't think any of them really have the heart to be edgy in an interesting way, for example I don't think any woman would do the he rapes but he saves bit, if something like that would even occur to them. Women seem a lot more interested in situational comedy, with the core message essentially being "some people are so weird," at least outside of the muh vagina stuff. That's been my impression of what I've seen from people like Tina Fey and Maria Bamford.

What part of the brain allows a person to be eloquent on the fly without 2 hours of written prep?

Fuck, he may have had that though.

she probably made me laugh more than any other woman, but some of that is also down to the editing of their videos.

I believe there are good female comedians, but you don't get to see them that much because LOL VAGINA, CUM, US LADIES RIGHT? -shit is easy enough to understand for the dumb ass audience who are the ones bringing money in by following these couple big name hacks.

Point is there is no reason to cast some unknown comedian for a movie, or do a Netflix special with, when you can put some fucking Amy Schumer on anything and make millions even if the content is trash.

One of the few times a women made me laugh
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHonbqlEOs
8 minutes in

Women are funny - there just aren't as many female comics - so there aren't the same number of truly great comics. It also means women are still developing their own brand of 'women comedy' akin to dick jokes that has existed for millennia. Amy Schumer is ground zero for that.

My girlfriend quite likes Amy Schumer (but also not-trash-tier comics like Armando Ianucci and Monty Python) for this reason. She finds it refreshing after having to suffer through shit like Dane Cook, The Inbetweeners, etc.

But, yeah, there are great women comics and comedy writers - moreso in the UK than the US (due to your incredibly conservative culture that still has a heart attack over swearing and nudity - and all that accompanies a conservative culture).

But I'd also point out that women get less credit for their part in comedies than men - Connie Booth co-wrote Fawlty Towers, one of the best comedies of all time - a fact that is often forgotten.

But some great comedienne's include Jennifer Saunders, Dawn French, Connie Booth, Josie Long, Isy Sutie, Sarah Silverman, Jane Horrocks, Olivia Coleman, Carol Cleveland, Hattie Hayridge, Jessica Hynes. This is by no means a substantive or complete list, just a few I could think of off the top of my head.

I'd also point out that, from what I've observed, it's a lot harder for women to be taken serious and subsequently gain an audience as a comic.

Women can be funny.

However, I have yet to see a funny woman standup comedian since Phyllis Diller.

I have no idea why they aren't funny, but they just aren't.

Comedy is a biological trait of men used to attract females. Funny females usuAlly have male traits probably due to high testosterone levels

>naturalism

read a book ijit

female comedians are actually uniformally less funny and less easygoing than non-comedian women. They ALWAYS have a chip on their shoulder and think the high-point of satire is complaining about the activities of men they don't understand/like. They are also cunts of the first order.

>Comedy is a biological trait
No it isn't