amazon.com/Teen-Titans-Geoff-Johns-Omnibus/dp/1401236936
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>GL and Flash anniversary collections
>covers don't feature the characters whose anniversary it actually is

J U S T
U
S
T

It's nice that they're included though. I don't mind that the most popular versions of the mantle are on the covers.

Well played DC.

I really like the 75th Anniversary books. Have Superman, Lois Lane and Lex Luthor. Picking up Batman and the Joker in the next month or so.

>tfw going home, worried about my rogue trooper volumes since it doesn't say shipped on amazon

God damnit and I won't be able to go to the post office till friday.

On the plus side I got devil dinosaur, and that was cool. Was thinking of wither getting godzilla goes to hell and judge dredd: america, or waiting a week to get the superior foes omnibus.

Nice

They're actually my first physical copies of anything. I've always just read things online for years but Rebirth got me hyped up so I decided to head to my LCS. Looking forward to picking up GL tomorrow.

I bought the JSA 75th and a new trade of Golden Age Supes. Golden Age is so comfy.

Any specific issues you'd recommend?

For the JSA or Superman?

Supes

Same guy, but here is some off the top of my mind that I enjoy.

Original All Star comics run
The yearly Crisises
Death of Golden Age Batman
Flash Of Two Worlds
Last Days of the JSA
Zero Hour/COIE

Sorry, Im on me phone and my memory is a bit daft, but when I am not on my mobile Ill try to compile a Golden Age Recommended if there is not one. There is a lot of good crossovers between Flashes and Lanterns.

Pick this up, it's a good start.

I really do appreciate it. I got into DC during nu52 but never touched superman.

The most recent thing I picked up was House of M.
Did I do good?

I might just when I get paid this week. It'll be nice to have a

this came in the mail today. didn't need the game board cause i have one brand new pristine in bag and board, the dice however were mail order only back in the day and are rare as hell.

probably frame the madman side of the board or sell it.

*a bookshelf that isn't dictionaries and work related text.

>bet this gets less snickers than my chog collection

Curious. What is this?

Alls well.
Infinite Crisis should be in that as well, but make sure its last if you want to focus on Golden Age Superman

Golden Age had all the hilarious Jimmy Olsen covers right?

milk and cheese / madman gameboard.

included with wizard the guide to comics. the same issue that gave you this double sided game board and game pieces had a mail order form to buy special game dice to use to play with the game. those dice are rare.

Damn, now I have to go get my old comics out of my parents' house. I had so much Madman and Milk & Cheese back in the 90's, but never had that board

but don't take my word for it. read this link

aboardgameaday.blogspot.com/2015/04/milk-and-cheeses-stupid-little-board.html

That's more Silver Age

a lot of people didn't know about it till the milk and cheese art book they put a copy of the game board into on a double page spread.

These

Jealous of The Sandman

Heads up everyone

amazon.com/One-Piece-Box-Set-Thriller/dp/1421590522

Stern Spidey and Sandman?

>Patrician Taste

how are they Lois stories? are they the crazy fun ones

Finally put some read stuff on the shelf and reorganized a bit

>tfw running out of space and I still have 4 unfinished omnis not on the shelf (amongst other books)

Just bought New 52 Swamp Thing 7, BPRD PoF 4, and Preacher Books 1 & 2

Reading Usagi physically and Cerebus digitally right now

/blog

Are you going to check out more Chester Brown? I actually found Mary Wept to be probably the worst thing he's done so far along with Paying for it, his older work is a lot better and he's been in a decline for awhile.

Yeah eventually, I'd been meaning to check him out for a while and just randomly picked up Mary Wept when stopping in a bookstore. I didn't love it but I found it interesting and challenging and liked some of the really droll bits of it.

What would you say his best stuff is so I can be sure to check it out?

Read yummy fur, that encompasses all his great work along with louis riel

Will do, thanks

went to a fairly new shop to look around, and picked these up.

My most recent get is this.

I'm still trying to dip my toes into Marvel territory. I don't find myself particularly drawn to Thor, but I managed to get this for under $5 including shipping.

The art is pretty bad, but other than that, this makes me more interested in Thor than any of the movies ever did.

Still don't get a few plot points, but that's comics.

Maybe I'll look into some of the 60's comics.

>tfw my bags and boards from Amazon just came in

Probably the first step in going full-on "comic book nerd". I didn't do it out of a collector's habit: I just had no good way of storing/arranging my floppies. At the very least, this allows me to just stack them however and wherever, without worrying about them getting too damaged.

It's not bad. I was a little upset they reprinted Action Comics 1 since that was in the Superman collection, but otherwise it's okay. And yeah, they threw in a good bit of crazy Silver Age stuff.

Didn't realize there was a larger shelf/recent thread, the one I posted in is almost dead.

>ordered used off amazon
>description said it was signed
>didn't know it'd be this good
>yadda yadda

Got these over the weekend.

I'm probably gonna get the Master of Kung Fu and The Squadron Supreme omnis as birthday gifts.
Stern Spider-man interests me. I've never read it, but I really liked his Avengers. I can't find it on IST, though.

Secret Wars tie-in of the Bendis event?
This is very important.

Can't wait to get to that

Kek

Marvel gave to to retailers for a deep discount recently so it might be OOP

Does anyone know if the Master of Kung-Fu and Squadron Supreme Omnis are?

Er, if they're any good.

No. In fact, I don't think Superman's Pal even started until the Silver Age.

I ordered the lackadaisy hardcover and KC green's graveyard quest recently, I'm so excited geez

So glad that DC One MIllion Omnibus was still $30 on Hamilton. Loved that crossover. I miss Chronos :(

I've read all the older stuff in the squadron supreme omni and I like it, but it kind of depends on how you feel about older comics.

Is the immortal iron fist brubaker run any good?

I got book 2, the seven capital cities of heaven for a dollar at a fleamarket and it seems eh/10. Is it a shit run or is it worth nabbing all of?

Slowly picked these up over the weeks. I haven't got the time to read them all tough and I have to re-read all the New52 Wonder Woman trades as I don't remember anything from it. I did read Emperor Joker and I was honestly disappointed.

Waiting in the mail :
> The Anime Club (signed by KC Green)
> Back volume 1 (which I highly recommend, its guud)
> N52 Justice League of America volume 2 (picked up the first volume for 5$ in hardcover and I want to finish the series)
> Metal Gear Solid omnibus by Ashley Wood

I'm also gonna get the first volume of Bearmageddon over the following week. It's another webcomic I highly recommend since it is so underrated.

Fucking forgot to put the picture.

I got the Shazam! one for by birthday. Has a really great selection of stuff from old to new.

>I did read Emperor Joker and I was honestly disappointed.
It's pretty shit. And It's pretty fucking edgy. I like how people come down on New52 for being edgy, but forget just how miserable some of DC's output from the late '90s to 2011 was.

I've never ready any captain marvel, is this a good place to start?

They have one for The Spirit too surprisingly enough. I'm kinda miffed they don't include anything from Darwyn Cooke's run, but it's a pretty good book otherwise spanning everything from the original Golden Age strips to Kitchen Sink's New Adventures series and even the Batman/Spirit crossover.

Definitely. It hits some of the most important origin points for the characters, and includes a taste of pretty much every major incarnation, which isn't hard since the character wasn't as prevalent post-golden age.

If you're interested in reading more of any particular continuity, most of them are easily available.

Although, the last thing it has is actually the final issue of the recent Geoff Johns/Gary Frank Shazam origin, which some tasteless faggots will tell you not to read, specifically because of "NOT MUH", but it's actually great, and worth not having the finale spoiled, so um, don't read that part, unless you really don't care.

I wouldn't say the book was that edgy apart from the torture Batman and Superman went trough. It does make sense considering they were under the Joker. The whole thing was just a series of disappointment and misuses of good idea. It could have been genuinely super good but the creative team really dropped the balls on numerous occasion.

I can't even exactly pinpoint how it wasn't any good. The book was simply uninteresting to read. Which is a shame considering the people involved on it and the potential the premise had.

There was an episode of Brave and the Bold that covered the same concept, only better.

Maybe I could check it out. While reading the trade I kept thinking how it could be a good enough animated movie. Like Under the Red Hood was so much better than the original comic.

>hint that enigma survived the world being returned to normal.
>never show enigma again but that hideous pheromone creature shows up a half dozen times.

Just bought this based on the cover. Is it good?

Master of Kung Fu is great

Picked this up just recently.

Favorite Universe arc so far from the reboot, so got all the variants. Eggman's dozen might beat it out though.

Making a character that looks edgy but isn't is a brilliant idea for sanic. Eclipse is top tier. Also, Omega kills it as usual.

I bought a bunch of back issues including a great two part story in Punisher: War Journal by Mike Baron and Mark Teixeira where The Punisher teams up with Ghost Rider to take on some drug manufacturers whose lab is a mobile base surrounded by a convoy

This weekend is Awesome Con so I'm sure to have a massive fuckin pile of books I won't read for like a year.

I definitely want the Squadron Supreme omni.

Punisher: The Slavers
Saga of the Swamp Thing, book 3
Rat Queens 1

bump

Got these on the way and tomorrow I am ordering Vol. 6, Abe Sapien Vol. 1 and 2, and Hellboy in Hell Vol. 1

Now that it's ending I might have to buy all of it too.

Look this, can I borrow it for my bookstagram?

Why? Neither of them were good, with the SW mini being slightly better.

>GL 75th anniversary variant covers
>only 1 cover with alan
that one hurt

I'm pretty bummed Hellboy is ending because I just dived into the Mignolaverse but at the same time I'm glad I am diving in now since there is so much to consume.

Sure mang

b.p.r.d. and stuff will continue for atleast another 2-3 years

Oh yeah for sure. I have all the Plague of Frogs books and I am some Hell on Earth books. I am gonna start picking up the spinoffs soon.

Thanks man, any way I can credit you?

bump

All those huge-ass doorstopper omnibuses kinda turn me on.

If you want to read Thor, check out the run by Simonson.
Keep in mind, Visionaries > Omnibus, in this case.

>That Teen Titans by Geoff Johns omni
I can't find it anywhere for a decent price, and can only find used trades. I'm jealous of you, user

You can get brand new for 40-45% off from third parties on Amazon.
amazon.com/Teen-Titans-Geoff-Johns-Omnibus/dp/1401236936
Maybe the price seems high to you because the MSRP is $150(!) to begin with.

Isn't it bad for the fat books to be stored vertically?

no the opposite is bad

are 2 and 3 as good as 1?

bump for the night

You just said why. One of them was unreadable garbage, the other was just kind of dumb.

I've been learning from these threads to think about binding and crap like that. You know, if the book is good outside what's on the pages.

bump