DC or Marvel?

DC or Marvel?

In terms of heroes?

Marvel. They're flawed and more "human".

DC has more mythic heroes, the big three, etc----and I dislike that. They seem like paragons or virtues rather than people.

user pls don't do this

DC tho[\spoiler]

No. Dark Horse or Vertigo?

DC. But I still like Marvel too.

DC has actual heroes
Marvel only has assholes with powers

Marvel for down to Earth stories.
DC for over the top cosmic stories.

Assholes make for better stories

[Citation needed]

Both nigga

Valiant/spoiler]

>whynotboth.jpg

I have always liked Marvel's universe more and tend to read more of it, but DC's is just as interesting and varied and I like plenty of their characters and stories as well. In fact DC is responsible for a great many of what I would call my favorite superhero comics despite my investment in Marvel.

I mean really if you follow writers to any degree you're gonna read both.

Really glad no one is falling for this.

Nah, DC _and_ Marvel
(and Dark Horse and Glenat and Interpresse and Dupuis and Valiant and Image and Carlsens and... etc. etc.)

It's personal taste. Neither is objectively better than the other as a whole.

Marvels Heroes
DCs Stories

I choose death, user.

2000 AD, mate.

DC, but I have no ill-will to Marvel, I just find the DCU a more interesting place in terms of history, cosmology and characters.

whoever does good x-men stories

so neither

DC.

I'm a cape fan and Supes, Spiderman and Batman are the big dogs. That gives DC the win 2-1. Obviously now I'm invested in the DC-verse and don't have time to read marvel.

DC, for no real reason.

>I mean really if you follow writers to any degree you're gonna read both.
King/Abnett/Johns are my favourite three. All DC exclusive lol.

DC by a mile. Its universe is so much more interesting.

I only read Deadpool, Spider-Man and Iron Man from Marvel.

Kek

Everytime I see these threads, there's always a couple anons talking about DC's strengths, how it values legacies and a more mythological approach to its superheroes.

Then to that end, what are Marvel's strengths?

also DC

DC because they don't recicle their plotlines every 5 years.

Harbinger is like X-Men but good and chaotic neutral as fuck.

All three have written for Marvel.

I don't know who any of these are

Yeah, it was mostly a joke at the current state of things. My all time favourite is Mark Waid and he fucking hates DC now (I'm a Flash fag)

I think Marvel's got a pretty damn cool mythology as well. The real pseudo-mythical philosophical material comes from the trippy Cosmic shit. The Earth stuff is fine, great stories and runs, but it doesn't typically interest me as a whole outside of how it interacts with the Cosmic stuff.

People say that that the Earth stuff is more down to earth or relatable or whatever but I've never found this to be the case for one company more than the other.

>cosmic
Marvel Cosmic is better though. DC has better global-heroism stories.

>Literally pleb: the opinion
Go outside and meet real real people, faggot

>Guardians of Reddit
>better than Green Lantern

even Omega Men has been better than anything from Marvel

You're crazy if you think anything Guardians of the Galaxy is the best thing to come from Cosmic.

And I'm a huge GOTGfag.

DC.

DC has super heroes.

Marvel has murderers that work for the government.

>Jack Kirby's Fourth World
Wow.

I hate Marvel, but I have to accept that Annihilation was way better than that awful GL event.

Sinestro Corps War? nah.

>My all time favourite is Mark Waid
eww

Always been a marvel man. Love the characters, the flaws, thereal cities, the villains. The cosmic stuff was always a big element for me. Marvel cosmic despite how its been handled lately is just so vast and strange and cool. With figures like ego , silver surfer, galactus, eternity, quasar, the celestials, the stoat empire, the kree. Just this vast endless supply of stories and characters.
The marvel universe always felt like a more tangible thing than the dc. Dc has this dynasty. This we were here first element marvel can never pass. There's something classic and mythical about their universe. But for me marvel felt more like this actual place id justvisit. Spiderman wasn't an archetype from some mystical place. He was a guy with shit luck from new york. The fantastic four bickered like a family about family shit. Banner was a world weary worldly man...he was travelled. Marvel just felt more tactile to me. Something I could reach out and touch.
Then there were the x-men. When I first read xmen..that sealed the deal. I couldn't go to dc and read about fucking superman after that
You kidding me?! They were cool. They were strange and unloved by society and really fucking cool. They had guys like wolverine and gambit and rogue and they were everything a fat unpopular boy growing up in the late 80s wished he could be. And they were just this huge chunk of the universe. Man I miss being able to open an x book and know good stuff was coming. But yeah I'll always be a marvelfag.

>Hydra Cap vs Rebirth.

I think the answer is obvious.

I don't agree with him that either is necessarily better but I do like Marvel more in that regard. Neither has been capitalized on fully but I think the Eternals have had more success than the New Gods outside of Derrick Sayid.

Marvel, since I was young.
But if you like DC, that's cool too and I hope they fix your movie universe.

Why not both?

Kirby FF, Eternals, Starlin Cosmic.

Reminder that Kirby's best work will forever and always be Fantastic Four, followed by The Demon.

I'm going to say marvel since moon knight and punisher are some of my favorites, but DC is also pretty cool because of the JL. But DC really needs to up their movie game

>I hope they fix your movie universe.
FUCK YOU

DC, even the N52 wasn't that much of a screw up as Marvel "SJW now

DC, but that's because I really feel like I can only keep up with one at a time.

But truth be told, I just love Supes.

DC, I've been a DC fag for as long as I can remember. I started to read comics a few years ago, and decided to give Marvel a go with ANAD, but I just can't the main avengers book has already had 2 issues that are event issues, and God knows how many shitty civil war 2 tie ins. This and the fact that they'll just reboot in a year (is Marvel Now! 2016 a reboot) means I just can't get into it. But hey, nothing beats those #1 issue sale numbers I guess

Marvel. Love the characters, love the universe, no complaints.

I like DC's lesser known characters like Captain Atom, Booster Gold, Power Girl, Blue Beatle, etc, but I never liked Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman, and DC feels the need to shove them in everywhere.

Plus DC has been kinda grossing me out in every comic by having some edgy gore shit.

The patrician answer is DC.

And we hope they fix your comics.

Everybody's got problems.

>Marvel
>Good stories at all
heh

I prefer Marvel over DC, but I do have both on my shelves

DC

X-Men > DC > Rest of Marvel

Spoken like someone that's never actually read a comic.

I would say dc since I grew up with the comics more and I have more knowledge and admiration of Dc. I did have a lot of love for Spider-Man, hulk, and The xmen as a kid but there hasn't been a good comic of them in years.

This image always struck me as stupid..

First- superman wouldn't have let it happen
Second- If it DID, supes would probably be cool with it and not start a fight. Cap would probably buy supes a beer or something

I read what I feel like reading. What kind of faggot would limit themselves based on a small sticker on a cover of a book?

>What kind of faggot would limit themselves based on a small sticker on a cover of a book?
The autistic kind.

Im waiting for the extended BvS cut.. then I'll gladly accept your mercy but until then.. Fuck you breh

>They're flawed and more "human"

So they're complete fucking assholes that nobody would likeable?

Who the fuck are these two fags? I keep seeing them all over the damn place.

DC for comics with actual stories and based straight to DVD cartoons, Marvel for big budget action comedies in theaters.

Other than Miller's Daredevil and the Death of Captain Marvel, are there any Marvel stories that rank amongst the best of all-time? Obviously nothing better than DC's best but anything other than corny bullshit?

DC because their superheroes actually do superhero things

As opposed to, you know

Doing ordinary people shit I see every fucking day

ITT: smelly neckbeards.

>MUH MOVIES

Just remember
We got Alan Moore
You didn't
Faggot

Lurk moar queer

Dark Horse

But I like DC and Marvel too.

DC. I like their characters and the way they handle the universe better.

Though there's some Marvel stories I need to read some day, but nothing from the last five years or so. Maybe one day when they get their shit together.

>dat edge

Except that Alan Moore hates everything he's done for DC, and almost everything else has been fish rape.

Still wish he'd gone through with writing All-Star Green Lantern.

How does alcoholic=more "human"?

>new 52
>post 2012 marvel
Neither anymore

Yes and I'm not spoon feeding you. If you actually give a shit and aren't just trying to justify your ignorance then do some research.

DC for me Im excited about the rebirth

Ditto, only DC/Marvel comic I'm reading is Moon Knight

The Vision or The Red Tornado??

DC.

Marvel doesn't have villains either. That's why all their heroes have to fight each other every two months.

I liked his Flash and Superman: Birthright.

That logo is out of date

It certainly hasn't worked for Marvel yet

What Marvel heroes do you like?

>spider-man is an asshole
come on now

dude sold his marriage to the devil.

>muh movies

>sold his marriage and unborn child to the devil
>made jokes about Frank Castle's family
>uncle Ben literally died because he was an asshole

lol ok champ

DC

DC's been putting out mostly great books for a while now (even if DCYou sold like shit) and Rebirth looks even fucking better.

I used to read Spider-man and X-men but stopped when they turned to shit and I've heard things have only gotten worse. Am reading Vision which is great....too bad it's literally the only good book Marvel is putting out. Also Marvel's constant sjw pandering, relaunches (even though normies still say it's DC that does this all the time) and making everything like the MCU just puts me off even more.

>mfw we'll never have a friendly cross-over because of that faggot Quesada

Dc, for a multitude of reasons but I still love quite a few Marvel comics.

>DUDE I INSULT EVERYBODY BECAUSE I'M AN INSECURE PRICK WITH A SHITTY JOB AND A DYING FAMILY LMAO

>Marvel stories that rank amongst the best of all-time?
Define best of all time. Do you mean popular? Widely-acclaimed? Great in our totally subjective opinions?

Marvel, just because their connected universe has more in it I gravitate to. I like Punisher comics, and so far I haven't seen a DC character that captures that same feel. I like the shared world of Luke Cage, Danny Rand, and their supporting cast, and I'd probably read something by DC that could capture a similar street level with powers feel. Their interconnected cosmic world with the Celestials, the cosmic abstracts, and the various alien empires is more interesting to me than a spectrum organizations with different colored rings.

I like Batman, if the story is written well, I like Superman if the writer seems to get him enough to write a good story out of it, and I think I'd probably like Constantine too, but I've never given it a shot. That's pretty much it in terms of my investment in DC.