And I didn't believe in the 'liberal' media just a few years ago

And I didn't believe in the 'liberal' media just a few years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/B7AHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Two full weeks in theaters
>Didn't break 100 mil yet
>$244 mil between budget and marketing

Oh, and

>Banned in China

Typical, women break something made by men to protect them from the elements and then celebrate

feels good mane

I used to like Colbert, The Daily Show.... The retardation was minimum before. But now...

The only thing the Ghostbusters cast broke was the hardwood floor.

>Banned in China

It's real... holy shit HAHA

Patriarchy wins again.

The Chinks got hypersensitive about depictions of the dead/undead a while ago.

The important part of that is that any Ghostbusters movie should have budgeted around the reality that they are unable to reach a huge chunk of the market overseas. They had no business spending $244 mil when it would never be seen in China.

All women who don't have at least shoulder length hair should be killen

Spooke skeltals

It made 122 millions world wide.

They don't like hosts. If I remember correctly certain magic cards have an alternative chinese version.

I don't see that tweet -- Looks like they deleted it.

True, I was talking domestically, where it was counting on being carried.

Yep they must have deleted it.

That's domestic plus worldwide. Foreign distribution makes way less than domestic.

>spent 244 million on a comedy

>movie stars are women over 40

>alienate 50% of the population by bashing them the whole time

This is career suicide for the people who approved this shit

it had a 144 million budget leaving aside 100 to 300 million speculative marketing budget
kek

Why would a film that is trying to get as wide an audience as possible be shilling for a specific candidate? Does Sony's film department even know how to business?

On top of all that, they'll ignore it and call it a "win". I hope they keep doing this childish shit so they can lose all the money.

>implying they made this movie for profit

The media is worse than that. We are living in George Orwell's 1984.

The problem that liberals have is they truly believe in "patriarchy". They think that women over 40 don't get work in Hollywood because of "patriarchy" and not because the public is not interested in women over 40. They think that all-female action movies don't exist because of "patriarchy" and not because they generally do poor in box office. They alienate 50% of their audience because they think "patriarchy" exists and needs to be destroyed. They are literal cult members.

More like Sony doesn't understand how to make good movies anymore

>Amazing Spider Man was barely passable in the eyes of audiences, better shit it up by making ASM2 worse.

>Try to appeal to an audience that doesn't like Ghostbusters while alienating the Ghostbusters crowd

>Shitty crossover movies that attempt to get the fans of both crowds but would probably get neither (e.g. planned Ghostbusters/MiB and 21 Jump Street/MiB films)

They've always been shit, it's just now you can see it. It happens to everyone. My little annon is growing up. *weeps*

If only they could smash the Box Office like that.

It also accomplished getting a lot of people even angrier at the borderline retarded SJWs of today.

They ban zombies cause that is what the average Chinaman basically is in China, a souless zombie working in a sweatshop for the rich ''communist'' masters

Is it even legal for movie PR to spew politic beliefs like this?

Took it down pretty quickly, so probably no.

Why wouldn't it be?

lolwtf

Why are chinks afraid of ghosts?

Wtf I hate Harold Ramis now. #Imwithfeig

Because a significant portion of their country have the mindset of medieval peasantry.

Maybe not afraid, but the cult of ancestors has been part of Chinese culture since before it was China. Same for the Maldives, they banned some movie about the Exodus because it offended their muslim faith.

>worships a kike on a stick
>calls reverence of actual ancestory medieval peasentry

The director is finished. He has admitted his career is probably over because of this.

>Germany

They certainly didn't smash the box office ceiling

I don't get it, who is he and what does a glass ceiling have to do with a commercial failure Ghostbusters reboot?

>Gerwomany
FTFY

Movies like Ghostbusters promote real female scientists! Science isn't about being male and doing math problems, it is about putting hairspray in your hair and wearing goggles while making fun of men!

Once we have a female president math can be eliminated completely and we can distribute hairspray and goggles to all female children, converting all future scientists to women!

#ImWithHer

so less than its budget.

And only some of that money goes to the studio. Which is why the director said the movie needs to gross 500 million to break even.

>we smashed your glass ceiling

So what, is it gone now?

When will the glass ceiling meme end, Sup Forums?

Campaign contribution, Satan

budget was 144 million USD
So far only made 122.9 million USD
we did it reddit

besides gaming,sony doesn't know how to profit anymore.

Have an upvote.

Don't believe Hollywood Accountancy. Movies are designed to lose money on paper so as to avoid paying out commissions and royalties.

Hollywood accounting only works if the movie actually makes money. You can be sure that there was overhead budgeted into production and marketing, but you also have to factor in the fact that it's underperformed vastly.

This people forget the theaters get a cut too. Heh he wasn't supposed to spill those beans FYI.

>Foreign distribution makes way less than domestic.
unless china loves your shit, in which case you can make a killing like kung fu panda did

+100MIL for marketing, plus theater cut. It's going to lose bad, and not even break even.

Couldn't possibly be... you know
Fake

yes, but in the hundreds of millions?

he almost ALMOST regained a little of his dignity.

archive.is/B7AHI

It's real, guys.