youtube.com/watch?v=7Y9g9qkDkws
youtu.be/pOKms5mlGEU
youtu.be/yUn2B0fAgGg
youtu.be/yCdn3uXziDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

CalArts ruined breakfast

Fucking Calarts ruining cereal now!

REEEEEEEE!

it's not like every calart graduate will get a job in animation after all.

I just don't get how this style caught on. Even accounting for Gravity Falls

I know, same dumb ass marshmallows for years now, when are we gonna get a new one?

The commercials are worse than the box. They look just like adventure time

>I just don't get how this style caught on
less time and effort for more money nigga, similar to how company logos are borderline comic sans these days

And the marshmallows talk in them

They're more like Regular Show then Adventure Time

Wow, Im glad I don't have cable.

This isn't anything too new OP. A lot of mascots were redesigned to appear to the younger demographics that watch Cartoon Network, Disney, and Nick.

The same thing occurred when my demographic (30) was a child. In order to stay relevant, companies change their slogans, mascots, and brandings to appeal to the current generation.

Go watch commercials of cereal mascots from the 60's until present on YouTube to get an understanding of how marketing works.

youtube.com/watch?v=knLSe7_tfjU
youtube.com/watch?v=g2UpyO8ZSmY

Nickelodeon's been playing these commercials for an awful long time, and oh boy are they painful to look at.

I thought he was irish.

And a leprechaun. As in short.
Wtf?

I saw a commercial for Trix.

The cereal looks boring as shit now.

Didn't some old food commercials have, like, a continuing story in their commercials?

I think the Lucky Charms one had a constant story chase. Fucking AppleJax had Cinnamon and Apple starting as fierce rivals but becoming bros. And I'm pretty sure the Goldfish had some sort of story/characters.

Want some cereal now desu, haven't had some in ages too.
Golden Nuggets and Ricicles are the way

>those lazily "clicking" heels
I don't know why it makes me the angriest.

The animation isn't too bad. I just hate the design of the character. Too simplistic.

You should see what they've done to the board games.

Oh it's bad enough he is a disgusting midget freak but now he's double uggo with this shit

>Didn't some old food commercials have, like, a continuing story in their commercials?

A few did actually. Usually when they where having contests and stuff or introducing new shapes

>Buying shitty charms
Even as a kid that cereal was fucking disgusting.
Rice krispies is best.

As much as I am tired of the CalArts style, this is nothing new. People in the 90's were probably wondering why they turned cereal mascots into Disney cartoons back then.

>Cal-arts general: "how many threads do we need?" edition

Only the dead can know peace from this evil. Get it? 'Cause the voice of the leprechaun is dad.

The problem is there's no weight to the characters.

Dad?

is this the part where someone storytimes Breakfast of the Gods?

How can they have weight? They have stick figure proportions.

Maybe that was too "offensive"?

I meant they're like bouncey or something.

it's not like there was anything good whatsoever about the art as it was previously

and fuck, before THAT generaiton of art, all the cereal boxes had fucking.. Jay Ward type art. if not literally Jay Ward.

Why don't we post actual good animated ads?
youtu.be/fQsS9TOpnxw
youtu.be/GnhpHCI53KA
youtu.be/saJOicf_ppM
youtu.be/pi5qoxxQpMY

budgets

man those will never not crack me up

Wow, I no longer miss having cable.

>tfw trix are ruined forever

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU THIS IS HOW THEY'RE SUPPOSE TO BE

Speaking of weirdly well animated superhero ads

youtu.be/hDRMeeuP3F0

That type of Trix still exists in Mexico.

Cookie Crisp the best all other cereals need not apply

At least they looked better

Funny how the boxes in the commercials look more like the old style and the current boxes look like OP's pic.

Also, I like how R&M inb4'd this shit so well.

I don't want diarrhea right after breakfast.

I don't like it. I showed my sister and she doesn't like it either. She said it looks like the same style as Fairly Odd Parents.

What else is that in the commercial Lucky is no longer being chased by children anymore. He even doesn't appear to have much of an Irish accent. But, then again I didn't catch the whole commercial.

That's not cinnamon toast crunch.

>crossover ad between AHNULD Superman and Britfag Batman never

I just ate that this morning, what you talking about user

I'm pretty sure Peter Browngardt voices a marshmallow in these.

And we have blast off in five... four... three... two...

Newfag pls, the shape they are now is the shape they were before the 90's. They did the fruit shape for like 6 years and stopped. It's been nearly 20 years now since they stopped and if you're old enough to post here you've spent most of your life without them that way.

Fuck off, you're not really salty you're just another one of those "ONLY 90'S KIDZ REMEMBER" faggots.

>Go watch commercials of cereal mascots from the 60's until present on YouTube to get an understanding of how marketing works.
Thanks for the tip, it's very fascinating
youtube.com/watch?v=7Y9g9qkDkws

I love it.

Cookie Crisp is for furfags like Frosted Flakes and Cheetos

Don't you mean you "dig it"?

Frosted Flakes are for sugar junkies of all mental capacities. Don't hate.

If you're older than 20 and browse Sup Forums, son you are a waste of space. Kill yourselves.

That's entirely subjective. Having said that, I have to agree with you. The new CalArts style looks like ass.

Go watch some old drive-in intermission commercials.

A lot of advertisements that were aired during the 50's - early 80's wouldn't even be allowed nowadays.

I love researching old marketing advertisements and commercials from decades past. If I could find a way to get paid for that, I would.

>In order to stay relevant, companies change their slogans, mascots, and brandings to appeal to the current generation.
This. Kids like this sort of shit. There's no reason for them to stick with outdated designs for the sake of adults who rarely if ever buy their product.

Godfuckingdammit.

Go fuck yourself fag. I'm 30 and have been on Sup Forums nearly the beginning. Acting like you shouldn't be on a site due to your age simply shows how ignorant you really are.

People can have lives and browse Sup Forums.

THE BEST

>Richard Williams

There's nothing weird about it.

Wow, its almost like cerial companies want their characters to look appealing to kids. Its not like they have ever been redesigned to look like the current style of cartoons of the time before

Literally
>We want the cartoon network audience

Underage detected.

>those videos

If you're under 20 and browsing Sup Forums you need to kill yourself, underage trash, us oldfags will not let you neo-Sup Forums shitposter scum have our site. Fucking die

I can't tell who's baiting who at this point.

Generation Z must be eliminated NOW

wow it's almost like the issue is what kids find appealing

You didn't forget to buy some delicious Wilkins coffe, did you, Sup Forums?
youtu.be/pOKms5mlGEU

But user...Wilkins coffee died in the 80's. The brand was purchased by Maxwell House (TIL).

So did you buy some delicious Maxwell House coffee today?

Thanks, Obama.

youtu.be/yUn2B0fAgGg

I guess this is recent. I haven't had cereal in quite a while but still pass by the aisle almost every week and I know this had to be within the past year.

They're trying to keep the Irish man down, It's BULLSHIT!

Yah, cause when I eat breakfast, the first question I ask is, "What will give me diabetes the fastest?"

kids today google, not giggle. they play angry birds instead of getting angry AT birds. they all have an ipad but no iq. not even one. they playstation but they never play station. i.e. one pretending to be a train and the others pretending to be different trains or low paid maintenance workers. they’re obsessed with one direction, rather than enjoying all eight directions equally. facebook… but unable to face… a book. or a hoop with a stick. a lost generation. the tv show.

Nice job trying to fit in underage.

WE NEED MORE TACKLE BOX AND LESS OF THESE HERE X BOXES I TELL YOU HWHAT.

Kids these days, they don't know

>this is from a tumblr post

Honestly, this reminds me a bit of 70s cartoon mascots.

Directed by Zack Snyder

Be dicky old man.

Offer kids a cigarette.

Proper response: Cop give you a large fine.

Man of Murder Response: Superman kills you by throwing you into outer space.

Liberal Logic.

>Implying you aren't stuck here forever with the rest of us, youngfag

Jimmy Olsen got a new job since Snyder wouldn't hire him.

No

>this box of sugar has an ugly cartoon on it

There's a shit ton of old farts in this thread.

Has there ever been a female cereal mascot? I'm racking my brain trying to think of one

youtu.be/yCdn3uXziDE

Poppy the Porcupine used to be Corn Pops mascot

Too bad that's a horrid cereal.