Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Stoned

Story wise? A mess

but the rest is fucking amazing, just worth a watch because of the animation, art and music.

BOOOBS!
That is all thank you

>37 counts of rape

I would have watched an entire movie just about Sternn

Fucking awesome.

Needs more tits.

RAD/10

Originally the movie was going to be entirely about Taarna

Makes me think of my child hood and my first ventures into stuff that wasn't Marvel or DC.

Good times.

One of the few gems in an age of shit. (as far as animation goes, remember the black cauldron and the onslaught of scooby-doo?)

Aged terribly except for the music.

I would have liked Den's story if it when deeper than just a teenage power fantasy.
It can stay raunchy.

makes me wish we could have another decade as filled to the brim with masculine power fantasies and sinful excess as the mid-1980s

Who wants to take a ride on Heavy Metal?[/spoiler}

In a row?

GOAT!

Feels more like a collection of short films rather than a movie. Animation is pretty great though.

At age 13: pure awesome
As adult: pure awesome
Sober: pure awesome
High: pure awesome+

B-15 was the best part.

i'd be ok w that

It's better animated than every capeshit cartoon you lick the boots of. Plus it's actually fun.

needed more heavy metal
9/10 because awesome

...and one parking violation.

And that time he sucked dick dressed as a nun!

I think seeing it as a kid woke me up to what real interesting art and media was compared to normal popular stuff and that I'd have to keep digging because no one else liked what I like. I remember specially this then Evil Dead 2 then Six Stringed Samurai. I still never understand why people don't have the curiosity to keep digging for things

My favorite laser disc hands down

hes nothing but a low down back stabbing larcenous perverted worm

Not me, the different stories all interconnected was a great adaptation of the magazine

Yea, getting a singular story is what got us Heavy Metal 2000.

"Dont worry, ive got an angle..."

Juvenile, depraved and I wouldn't want it any other way.

The comic? I grew up with it. It's partially the reason my sexuality is so screwed up.

great when i'm cheesing my brains out

Best part of the movie

It's problematic

Too deep for me

When I first watched it, I got REALLY high with my friends. 3/4 of the way through I was rocking back and forth, wide eyed and almost panicked. My friends asked if I was OK - I was freaked out because of an underlying theme of hopelessness in the movie. I sometimes over analyze shit when I'm high. Good times.

Sound like an attention whore faggot. This is why you stoners will never get taken seriously. I hope the dealer robs you next time.

Ahh.. that takes me back. 1983, 14 yrs old, saw it on a beta machine after successfully convincing a friends cool dad into renting it. Rocking soundtrack. I have managed to collect all the issues that carried the vignettes in the movie. Must get them out of storage some day. Only years later was surprised to learn many of the voices are famous from the SCTV daze...

That's what it is. It's a few short stories like the magazine. The green orb is the only thing tying any of them together.