Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

more Nightshade

Other urls found in this thread:

fanlore.org/wiki/The_Ray_Wars
youtu.be/ShyrnGuElQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1) what's out tomorrow

2) lol 'fandom is broken'

If it ain't broken last week, with CW2 #1 out tomorrow (I think), it will be.

F

My body is ready; today I got to tell people about a 20-year old flamewar that STILL makes people cringe and not want to talk about it

>what's out tomorrow

Batman's the only thing I'm planning on picking up.

And normally I don't care that much about Batman. I just want to throw money at Tom King.

is waifu kill

lots of new stuff out tomorrow

Batman, Green Arrow, Humphries GLs, Superman...

And CW2 #1

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Oh do tell.

>'fandom is broken'
I didn't think that article was all wrong. The internet is a total game-changer, but twitter/modern internet in particular isn't any different to what went before in terms of this argument. Just more accessible, shallower, quicker.

Oh yeah...this idiot is toast.

Hoot hoot JSA user

Some Ostrander SS to read while Blood&Wine is downloading? I've had worse Tuesday nights.

Douchebag told a fan to kill himself and regularly bullies people on internet, pretty hypocrite of him to criticize someone on their internet tendencies.

I feel bad about abusing Goliath's death for troll reasons, Goliath didn't deserve to get Millar'd. But maybe after Rhodey bites it, I'll feel better.

>fandom is broken

It is, on some level. I hate that Farci has a point.

Hell, remember when Simone questioned the whole thing some time ago? About being a fan of things without actually partaking in them?

THE RAY WARS!

fanlore.org/wiki/The_Ray_Wars

It's always funny when someone writes something with some awful points and some good ones and the good ones are completely applicable to his own behavior and it goes right over his head, yes

>1) what's out tomorrow

nothing for me but it's good because I just started a Netflix trial and I need to watch at least Daredevil before the end of it

youtu.be/ShyrnGuElQc da Voice

so I was reading Miracleman by Moore and man it's so good, has all Mooreism but not to the full effect, I'll finish it tonight.

On another Earth, Percy is the greatest voice actor of his generation.

holy shit i did not expect such an explosion

i like faraci's writing and agree with most of that piece and i wish the criticism was less about one line that conflated #LesbianElsa and Ghostbusters hate that was interpreted with the minimum of faith behind it.

>interpret w minimum good faith, attack w maximum rhetorical force

You never, ever, ever get to have creative control of something you are not the or a creator of. It's that simple. You aren't entitled to anything beyond the product, which you can choose to buy or not.

This is especially true with blatant commercial comics like the ones we read. You could argue Dave Sim betrayed his readerbase (IMO you'd still be wrong) but you definitely can't argue Nick Spencer did.

I love fandom's inventiveness (and sometimes I marvel at its perversion) but I've become really aware of and cautious about how people try to exercise control in it, and try to extend those things to creator interactions because Twitter and other social media make everyone so very accessible. It's not like the moderated newsgroup wherein JMS would answer B5 questions but moderated so you couldn't post story ideas.

ah man I was gonna make a H.E.A.T. joke

I've been thinking of trying to get together a Johnny Thunder reading list, since I've seen a few people curious about him since Rebirth.

>micdrop

I can't believe how many people had to have "coffeeshop AU" explained either, but that's just a sign of my wasted youth.

there's not that much that's really focused on him, is there? Parobeck JSA, and those Morrison issues for Jakeem intro, then Stealing Thunder

Good ahead user. He was a decent character on Roy Thomas JLA i like him.

I like how most of that thread was talking about his voice and not Green Arrow

I really like the Warpsmiths. And Evelyn.

That's be interesting. His role in JSA v2 is what most modern people know, and it's an extremely bitter pill considering he's a chipper-ass nerd in a suit.

The idea of an AU does not enter many people's brains.

This is an interesting thread from a retailer:

twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/737719961750114304

I believe this guy just got #rekt

CD Projekt have come a long way. I hope their Cyberpunk 2077 is some gloriously fucked-up dystopian Eastern Bloc thing.

do i want to know what the 10 dollar 80 page is? or is Civil War that big

pay attention to all of this for much, much, much later

I think it's the Deadpool one-week crossover

I wish gog.com could get more AAA so i can stop using steam.

A few Omni's that I've been looking forward to, only to find out I can't afford them. One day...

I have a ton of complex and in places kind of ugly as well as deeply affectionate thoughts about fandom, tl;dr

I wish humble bundle would stop offering only steam keys.

Pity you aren't Mr Faraci

Shit like this is why i miss Big Black Waller.

She's just so damn expressive.

But what if you factor in non-essential but still fun stuff he was in? Like that time evil Johnny Thunder made the Thunderbolt keep the JLA from ever forming?

Is it just me or has McDonnell leveled up by this issue?

I am very very glad I am not him

Really love this whole scene.

If you can hunt all that down, that's even better than my bare-bones schema up there

Could you imagine pre-fratricide Nightshade having this conversation with this dynamic? It's like she's transgressed so massively that all transgressions mean less to her.

If you think back to her mini, she is so much more timid and under direction in her one-to-one with the priest there. Here, she's the one pressuring Flag.

Eve's hair is inspirational, I guess.

That another annoying thing.

You want to be Enchantress again? You certainly have the dysfunctional issues to fit in on this team!

Gorgonesque.

Good observation, she's become a lot harder quickly.

>that point on Black Panther
It's true, people saying the sales were because 'outside' people got interested because of Coates are really wrong. It had 15+ variants + shop exclusive variants + #1 + movie appearance. Coates had little to do with that high number. Even the people that picked up their first Black Panther comic because of reasons were comic fans.

Now the trade, however, is going to be killer

I actually saw people complain about Rebirth's second printing being 5.99. And I was like, yeah well it does suck if you didn't manage to get a copy when it was 2.99, but it's of higher quality AND for 80 pages it could still be higher. CW2 #1 is, what, 56 pages total and 5.99? If CW2 were 80 pages it probably would've 10 dollars. Maybe even more because why not.

Seconding this. Was not expecting a scene like that from Suicide Squad. Great stuff.

It's why Nightshade, further on - not leading the Squad, but above that, maybe in Waller's chair - feels like it could be something great. But the Wall is kinda irreplaceable.

There's also the question that no one all delighted by those huge sales wants to look at--how many people read it, might have enjoyed it, but weren't excited enough to go back to the shop the next month and pay another $3.99 for another short installment?

I would like to hear from a variety of individual retailers about who came in to buy it and who comes back, because it's such an interesting test case of Big Name Writer and Character Everyone Liked In A Huge Movie.

The inker changed, might just be that

$10 for an 80 page one-off is a pretty hard sell compared to like, the Image trades.

OH SHIT HERE WE GO

Skwad Rebirth has Rick coming into play (maybe because movie?), but I wonder if Williams will pull in Eve eventually as well. She's such a huge part of this original run.

Second print costs DC more on production because not nearly as many copies. People are retarded that know very little.

yesss BEST SUBPLOT

>were comic fans

I was reading an interview with Barry Windsor-Smith and he said the happiest he ever felt in comics was when his barber told him that he had never rad a comic, but knew Smith made them so he went out and bought an issue of Archer and Armstrong and really enjoyed it. He talked about the need to reach " civilians" and how magazines like TCJ and Wizard really just preach to the choir

Funko Squad line ups out. Enchantress is a nice surprise but

#WheresTheWall

I don't know what's to come but her political connections and social skillset give her a whole other avenue to go down.

Rick Flag and Deadshot cannot charm a fucking senator. Eve could.

Y'know, this sub-plot is really Gerber-ish.

>creampied

I saw someone tweeting excerpts from a BWS interview I think with Comics Journal? showing his contempt for cape comics. they were hilarious

Enchantress looks pretty spoopy. But
>4 different Jokers
Was that really necessary?

It's also square bound instead of the regular stapled floppy

I hate these goddamn things, a bunch of my friends collect them.

Haw. I kinda wonder about my LCS sometimes, the owner and several of the cashiers know me by face even though I'm a bad person who only picks up my pull once a month and never talk. With various hats and different hair.

Like, do they know me because I'm the only person who buys Omega Men?

>I honestly think Marvel can get away with almost anything at this point.
>I don't think Marvel cares. They seem to be immune to price points.

qft

I'm still annoyed how Black Panther #1 was 4.99 but had like 3 extra pages and how 4.99 is apparently their standard #1 price point now.

Guess it really is the Joker and Harley Show. Can't say that makes me excited.

Oh, that's very true

Hnnng I'd love to read a modern comic that worked the political/DC social scene angle with her

I would like you for that.

well they are two of DC's most popular characters

>4 Joker variants
>no Wall

EXPLAIN

I feel bad for buying Rocket and Groot

holy shit you guys weren't kidding about Percy's voice.

>4 Jokers
>3 Harleys

And you know all of them are gonna sell better than the rest of the Squad

fuck the Joker and not i nthe fun way either

so tired of Joker

This is Suicide Squad's Elf with a Gun.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUCK

Why the fuck is Croc in the Suicide Squad movie? He was never part of the team in the comics, was he?

>4 jokers

I blame Johns

It was probably Fiffe, he loves when people just throw massive shade in interviews. That's the interview that the " Rob Liefled doesn't have a single book in his house" line comes from

FUN FACT THIS DIRECTLY INSPIRED WARREN ELLIS' MOON KNIGHT #1

I saw some for the first time at my LCS this weekend (I had to go down an aisle I don't normally walk through). They are cute but I don't have space for shit that doesn't do anything.

Storytimer is almost soley responsible for me being a DC fan outside of Flash/Green Lantern.

Then DC itself seems to almost love reminding me why I became a Marvel guy.

I think he was on the nu52 team for a while and he's a big bruiser type for them to have

I'm just glad they only added Harley and Croc and didn't make 50% of the team Batman villains

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Well now you get 3 of them.

I know, but...sales. Normie dollars. If it takes him and Will Smith and all that to get a good Katana costume, an accurate Waller, and SS trades? And maybe bringing black comedy in over quips?

I'm fine with that. Wish there were more Waller merch, but whatever.

Hello Storyteller.

I am late.
>more Nightshade
Yay!

Fandom is always "broken". Fuckin' nerds always got something to bitch about.

King Shark was, but Croc is a Batman villain so he's probably a better draw

Do you think Rebirth (oneshot and all series) doing really well would make marvel drop the prices on some of their books or no

I want to believe marvel will have a 2.99 book eventually but...

???