"X-Men: Apocalypse," from 20th Century Fox, took in $79.8 million over the four-day weekend...

>"X-Men: Apocalypse," from 20th Century Fox, took in $79.8 million over the four-day weekend, according to final figures Tuesday

Are you ready for Marvel to drop Inhumans and save the mutants from Fox?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=kevinhart.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't fucking wait, then we can have Inhumans and Mutants be the same fucking thing in the comics, it's just Inhumans have the X-Gene forced to grow in them while Mutants let it develop over time. Can't wait for the war against the royal family and the return of King Summers.

I can see the panic at Marvel Comics

>QUICK FUCKING QUICK CANCEL DEATH OF X

>Disney buys back the Mutant License
>makes good X-Men movies

>we get to see comic editorial shit their pants as they scramble to redeem one of their foremost brands they've thrown down the shredder out of spite
>we get 2-3 events of

No, you know what? Kill all of the Mutants, then when Fox finally lets go, bring back an alternate version of he X-Men salvaged from Secret Wars, wiping the slate clean for X-continuity and raking in the $$.

>The movies as a sense of natural progress show the eventual acceptance of the mutants by humanity by and large.
>Comics in an attempt to emulate the movies finally bring characters out of the 60's.

The only mutant worth bringing over to Marvel Studios is Wolverine. And Inhumans is scrapped anyway.

So what's up with that Legion show?

I'm confused how they will integrate the Mutants into the MCU. It feels much too late and most of the famous plots have been done.

Hell, you can't do Magento is Wanda's father now.

Mutants where hiding all along.

>I'm confused how they will integrate the Mutants into the MCU. It feels much too late and most of the famous plots have been done.

In Infinity War, the celestials visit Earth.
As a natural reaction, a built-in mechanism to proximity to the celestials, the X-Gene is spontaneously activated in ten percent of the population.
Kids randomly explode. People suddenly fly into the stratosphere. A lot of people die by accident and mutantphobia begins.

They're not gonna do this unless Deadpool 2 and Wolverine 3 unperform/get bad reception which I highly doubt will happen considering both of those have much better material to work with

Now if it did, then I think Fox may be in trouble but they can keep pumping out X-movies so I think the best that would happen is an AvX film

It would honestly be an interesting way to do it to not make "mutants" a huge group in universe, and just have a couple of select ones added.

You wouldn't even really have to rework any origins or anything, just say "he's a mutant" and people will know what that is: he has a power because of a genetic mutation.

>Fox
>Ever giving up any rights to Marvel for any reason whatsoever

Remember when Sup Forums thought Marvel would get the Fantastic Four back because Fant4stic flopped?

Thats terrible
Why would the Celestials show up? To try and retrieve the stones?
It is rather late for such a game changer, really it is, and I dont know what else can be done in terms of story either. But if it were a must, perhaps the solution lies in the Inhumans themselves. What if the inhuman gene splinters off into another evolutionary dormant gene, the mutant X gene, that doesnt require the crystals/gas? What if the in the Inhuman movie (if its back on) the events/fallout of that story results in the VERY rare case of mutants entering society?

>>Comics in an attempt to emulate the movies finally bring characters out of the 60's.
I really hope they don't, i want more x-men movies, they need to stay away from the marvel shitty formula

At least the new Alice in Wonderland did good.

Lol, ain't gonna happen. Fox will simply trying again.

I still think that happened and that's how Fox got permission to make the TV shows

Why are Disney shills so delusional? Why do Disney shills want the X-Men to be part of the MCU when, on the whole, the X films are of much better quality than the MCU?

>Why would the Celestials show up? To try and retrieve the stones?
As good a reason as any. Maybe the last time the stones were gathered Knowhere happened. If some of the microbes I was studying somehow got a tactical nuke I'd be worried too.

This holiday weekend was ass for the box office.And looking at upcoming weekends with TMNT and the future bomb Warcraft, we might not see another hit until Central Intelligence and Finding Dory come out.

Most of them werent alive when x-1 opened

Thats still a possibility actually. Negotiations like this take time given the money involved, and FOX may consider cutting the FF so they can focus on the mutants. And besides, no one wants to be assigned that nightmare project nor fund another fiasco

You know they really only look at domestic right? If the movie only did 100 million in the US it'd be deemed a huge failure.

>Why do Disney shills want the X-Men to be part of the MCU
It's a very loud minority

Just make it like early X-Men where there were only a few. Start with the real first class, and slowly bring them in, focusing on each new character instead of cramming them in for pointless cameos like Fox does.

Why? It's not like Marvel movies are any better than X-Movies.

>Implying the studio sees all of that

It's Revenue, not profit. After taxes and distribution costs and the theatres cut, they get half of the worldwide take. Add marketing costs, which in the case of big movies can be more than the cost of production and it's generally a good rule of thumb that a movie like this doesn't make a profit off of the movie itself until it makes anywhere from 2 to 3 times it;s production budget.

Now, X men does have some other things going for it like licensing and merch but the only licensing deals I've seen for this are Red Robin Burgers and Hanes underwear and virtually no mechandise, so it's not exactly taking over the stores like Force Awakens did with their Finn jackets and Kylo Ren masks.

>we might not see another hit until Central Intelligence
>hit
>Central Intelligence

Aren't they separate species both created by Celestials?

user, Apocalypse could make 12 times its budget and people on Sup Forums would still call it a flop.

>implying the company that did a last minute switch from jugs to quickie just because quick was going to be in ultron would sell back the rights

>implying they wont slap dead pool in the next X-film and call it a day

>A Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson movie not being a hit in 2016

>making Marvel out to be saviours when they've been bitter cunts pushing Xmen to the side for Inhumans
Ultimate Marvel Shillery

Will this encourage super hero writers to back off the same tired formula of "bad guy destroys some cities?" That was the majority of the complaints I saw was that the formula is getting old, and people are just using this film as a scapegoat.

Celestials mades mutants. Kree made inhumans (and similar species on other planets)

production budget does not include marketing

movie and TV faggotry really needs to get it's own board or be banned to Sup Forums. These daily threads are fucking cancer

Movies have to make triple their budget in order to not be a failure.

Apocalypse bombed.

I remember when Sup Forums was convinced that fox would never ever give up the Daredevil rights and that reboot with no script was totally going to happen in under a year

I'm literally sitting on a Sup Forums right now that thinks there will be another X-Men movie without Lawrence, Fassbender, or Jackman, and also thinks there will be some kind of Man of Steel sequel, and also thinks Deadpool movies will always be made for pennies and rake in hundreds of millions of pure gold profits

things change, user

no, that's fucked

it is solidly ahead of expectations but this weekend is just death for movies

>boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=kevinhart.htm
The gods say you're crazy

>No, more mutants.

Celestials made Eternals, deviants, and mutants. The kree wanted to make there own Eternals and made humans genetically modified humans, and those humans made terrigen, the mean green evolution machine.

That's just business. Why give Fox free promotion? It's not like X men sold as many comic books or merchandise as Avengers in the last decade anyway, so fuck it.

because you're retarded?

FOX already held that right, they've even exploited it on two occasions - once to make a tv movie pilot for a series that didn't happen, once to sue Marvel over Mutant X

you fucking cretin

Trips confirm Apoc for the end of X-Men!!

Dr. Strange accidentally merges the two universes.
MCU Wanda is now part of Peter Maximoff's family.
Done.

secret wars, bring fantastic 4 over too

Satan confirms

For pushing the X-Men to the side, Marvel will forever and always be cunts. No matter what they do, this will fellow them until the death of the company.

Every movie he's starred in on there post 2011 was a financial success. And with Dwayne on there, they're in good shape.

Studios have an annual projected marketing budget though.

>Triple the budget
>Trips
>Satan
Satan knows his numbers, but please leave this thread

But i really wanted to watch Black Bolt on the big screen, more than more x-men.
And i'm not even a fan of the inhumans, never read a comic from them but the concept of black bolt's power is just amazing.

>pushing X-Men to the side
Yeah, that's why they gave X-Men a bunch of comics like Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Extraordinary X-Men, All-New Wolverine, X-Men '92, Deadpool, Deadpool vs Gambit, Deadpool/Spider-Man, and Deadpool the Mercs for Money.

Marvel REEEEEAAAALLLY hated Mutants!
*slaps face*
Idiot.

You could say that the staff unlocked Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's mutant powers instead of giving it them, revealing that the family that raised them were adopted and that Magneto was their true daddy.

So ultimately they are the same, just one was designed a bit better than the others

That's too bad, I saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it.

>A few books somehow negates the god awful direction meant to cripple the entire mutant storyline thats been going on damn near an entire decade

That's a shitty way to run your business.

Movies (or are at least supposed to) get you into reading/buying the comics not the other way around.

At the end of the day it's still a Marvel property they themselves shit on out of spite. If they're going to be that way then they don't deserve the movie rights.

Just push Singer back to producing get a good director, a good script and focus on the new xmen instead of the tired First Class cast.

Dont even have Erik and Raven around.
Just Charles in a smaller role and MAYBE Beast.

>*slaps face*
Faggot

>*slaps face*

Movies don't seem to help comic sales all that much.

>WAAAAAAHHH NOTHING BAD IS EVER ALLOWED TO HAPPEN TO MUH FAVORITE CHARACTERS EVER EVER!!!
>MARVEL HATES MUTANTS JUST LIKE THEY HATED PETER PARKER WHEN THEY MADE SUPERIOR WAAAAHHHH!
>WAAAAAAAHHHH TOTALLY WASN'T A STORYTELLING CHOICE NOPE!!!

Daaawwww, does the babyman need his diaper changed???

the budget was 224 million user, they barely made any money

>Hell, you can't do Magento is Wanda's father now.

Sure you can. It's already been retconned twice.

>a few books

they're still publishing over a dozen mutant-only titles each month

that's about a fifth of their output

>*slaps face*

>:3

Try that again punk and I'll rip your limbs off

What do you mean "at least?"

First of all your wrong, if tanked. And second, you wanted that garbage to do good?

Nah man, fuck it.

This is an awkward situation for everyone. Disney and Fox are competitors at many things. Sports channels (ESPN vs Fox Sports), major network channels (ABC and Fox) and of course in movies. Marvel wasn't fond of their relationship with Fox even before Disney bought them. Now between the Disney stealing Star Wars and the general fuck you to Disney that was the Fan4stic, you can bet neither side plans to help the other with anything ever. It's bad enough the gotta share A New Hope in perpetuity.

More like, "I'm ready for the Deadpool Cinematic Universe."

>*slaps face*

because they sell, and they have nothing to replace them with.

They have de-emphasized the hell out of them, and stuck in a dead end "Extinction storyline" for the last decade. And I don't even need to go into AvX.

But user, in the 90s they used put out 25 X-books at a time, why can't it be like that all the time forever.

>Are you ready for Marvel to drop Inhumans
They basically already have

>save the mutants from Fox?
X-Men may have bombed, but Deadpool was the second highest film of 2016 in ticket sales behind Civil War. And if Fantastic Flop wasn't enough for Fox to let go, I doubt X-Men: Apocalypse will be the one that pushes them to do it

Stop being an idiot

>"Mutants are going extinct"
>Spend 3-4 years of X-books trying to build towards ending this
>Use the Avengers to hijack said plot, turn the X-Men into villains and 'solve' the problem
>Stick them back into even worse "extinction storyline"

yeah I believe we may see the end of the Fox Xmen soon. I would have never expected Spiderman in the MCU. But it happened, anything is possible.
>tfw you just want the FF in the MCU.

Spider-man is being shared and Marvel/Sony have history of being able to work together.

I don't know why that one instance has people believing every Fox movie they don't like automatically reverts the rights.

Nigga pls. At no point in time did every X-book sell well enough to have them all be irreplaceable. The core 2-3 X-books sure, sniktub's solo, of course. Everything else though, nope. The X-solos tend to do bad, and despite being the best X-book at the time all new X-factor did the worst.

>I don't know why that one instance has people believing every Fox movie they don't like automatically reverts the rights.

They don't understand at all what happened

They just assume "Amazing Spider-Man 2 didn't do so well and then Spider-Man went directly to the MCU" when in reality it was more complicated than that

>*slaps face*

but even satellite/low tier X-books sell better than other low tier titles.

Its easier sells and they don't have anything else to replace. On average, the X-Men team brand still sells more than the Avengers as far as comics go.

>t-t-t-they are repeating the same story and concepts!
Welcome to superhero comic books. Enjoy your stay.

>Marvel
?
Marvel has been dead for years. You mean Disney, who bought the rights?

well the person in charge of Spiderman, Amy pascal(?) basically said that no matter what happens as long as she was with the company she was never going to let marvel have spiderman back. And, I think as much as Sup Forums is filled with shitposters and naysayers we are all of the opinion that working together the two studios could accomplish far more than separate. They just have to get over the greed syndrome of the real world, i.e. if i can't have it all ill burn it to the ground.

>Wanting Disney to have control of Deadpool

It was very (lucky) complicated, but that doesn't mean it can't happen again. It would probably take more to get fox to let go of X-men and FF, but I can dream.

hey Sup Forums, why isn't everything owned by our disney overlords.

dubs confirmed for truth

>*slaps face*
I hope you weren't serious. I can't tell when it's this time of the year.

I chuckled

>Marvel-shills are all underage b&s
>they will be the majority in the long run
>these folk never read comics
Fucking wake me up, Faam

>Disney buys back the Mutant License
>makes good X-Men movies
They should start by making good Iron Man, good Thor and good Avengers movies first.

>*slaps face*

they already made good iron man and avengers movies

I don't want Disney to buy the X-Men. I just wish Fox would do better.

>They should start by making good Iron Man, good Thor and good Avengers movies first.
They already did.
Captain America the First Avenger
Captain America The Winter Soldier
Thor
Thor the Dark World
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
The Avengers
Captain America Civil War

Any FoX-Men chrisposts around? All of the good ones are BvS or that tornado scene one.