What is the absolute pinnacle of westerns, Sup Forums?

What is the absolute pinnacle of westerns, Sup Forums?
I had a taste and heard it was only mediocre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NxSdA0oWKuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'm not exactly a Western aficionado - the genre doesn't interest me much - but i recently watched Johnny Guitar and it's fucking fantastic

Leone movies will always be the golden standard

>What is the absolute pinnacle of westerns, Sup Forums?
Start with Kurosawa, he invented it.

Once Upon a Time in the West is probably my favorite, with The Searchers being a close second. Bother a magnificent in their own rights.

Ultimately it depends on what you mean by 'Western', though. There's a lot of subgenres and people don't always have a strong feeling for what they want.

PS. The Magnificent Seven remake was solidly mediocre and I'm not sure why the fuck it was even made.

Sorry, I meant 'both are magnificent in their own rights.'

Either one. Or Cimino's Heaven's Gate (the full version, not the butchery they did for the theatrical release).

The Big Country

That one Tom & Jerry episode
You know the one

youtube.com/watch?v=NxSdA0oWKuU

my nigga tom

How'd they manage to make that movie so forgettable?

how the fuck did they wear that much clothing in that heat

You gotta look snappy, also probably the same way arabs wear their full coverings

I'm with you on Once Upon A Time In The West. incredible film, Claudia Cardinale was a babe.

natural fibers

no country for old men

The Searchers is easly one of the best.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is also great.

Bone Tomahawk

Arabs are protecting their skin from the merciless sun and wear loose flowing garments that allow air in, plus they wear white to reflect the sun and not black which just draws the heat in.

How about good Weird West movies?