X-Men TV Show "Legion" | First Image Released

Airs on FX and Stars Dan Stevens [pic related]
Super hyped for this one. Love me some X-men and FX is a superb network.

>marvel.com/news/tv/26239/fx_networks_picks_up_legion_to_series?linkId=25045636

wait what? this could actually be great

Hellfire is also in the works
>Set in the late 1960s, the series -- which will be produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Marvel Television, with 20th Century Fox handling the physical production -- follows a young Special Agent who learns that a power-hungry woman with extraordinary abilities is working with a clandestine society of millionaires – known as “The Hellfire Club” – to take over the world.

I bet he won't even be Scottish.

I'm happy someone noticed that X-Men Legacy was a fucking gem, and deserved to be brought out and spotlighted.

Si really did most everything right in that book, I've never seen someone redeem a character that thoroughly, especially one that was just a plot device for events before. He made Legion a genuinely fascinating and compelling dramatic persona, and I'm very enthused to see more takes follow from his.

Oh hey, I remember reading this and liking it, hope they don't fuck it up. What's Spurrier up to lately anyway? Written anything good?

Is this canon to the rest of the Foxverse? Are we getting a third Emma? Will Bacon reprise his Shawn?

>showrunner is the same guy who made Fargo
>Dan Stevens

Fucking based, I can't wait for this. Noah Hawley is a god.

>Noah Hawley ("Fargo") will serve as an Executive Producer along with
>Lauren Shuler Donner ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "The Wolverine")
>Bryan Singer ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "Superman Returns")
>Simon Kinberg ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "The Martian")
>Jeph Loeb ("Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones")
>Jim Chory ("Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones")
>and John Cameron ("Fargo," "The Big Lebowski").
Jesus, think they have enough people for an 8 episode first season?

>not casting Static X

>Lauren Shuler Donner ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "The Wolverine")
>Bryan Singer ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "Superman Returns")
>Simon Kinberg ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "The Martian")
>Jeph Loeb ("Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones")
>Jim Chory ("Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones")

Those names are on pretty much every Fox X-Men project except Loeb and Chory, who are on every Marvel TV project.

None of those people mean anything to the project. It's just the producers who are permanently attached to every project like this, I doubt they'll have any real creative input.

>Static died on November 1, 2014 in Landers, California, three days before his 49th birthday.

It's not like January Jones is busy, but still recast her hopefully the inner circle is Emma, Selene, Shaw and Old Mastermind

Lots of potential to be great or a disaster

Oh shit. Not only didn't I know he was dead, but for some reason in my mind time hadn't passed for him and he hadn't aged at all.

of course not they want someone who can speak english

Wasn't Legion's Legacy selling at cancellation numbers for most of its run?

>It's not like January Jones is busy
She's on The Last Man on Earth right now

So what did Fox give up to Marvel in order to get this shit through?

We all know Marvel just didn't let Fox go through with an X-Men TV show because they were being generous. What did Marvel get out of this?

Fantastic Four?
Silver Surfer and Galactus?
Dare I say it, Doom?

That show must be so easy to film
Probably takes a whole month

So I guess the comic is worth a look, but I'm curious how they'll handle the connection to the X-films. If there's one at all.

he's israeli

did that show get better after the godawful first season

>same guy who made Fargo
Seriously? Completely sold.

But raised in Scotland. Accent and everything.

It also was one of the best Marvel's comics of its time for most of its run.

RIP ridiculous tower hair. Still looks good, I guess.

>FX Networks Picks Up 'Legion' to Series
Yay.
>The 8-episode first season coming early 2017!
Ah, I was hoping for end of this year.
Oh well.

>I'm happy someone noticed that X-Men Legacy was a fucking gem
I'm still not sure if they're actually going to adapt anything from it, though.
Maybe it just pointed them to the character.

Or they randomly had roughly the same ideas at the same time? Seems likely to me as well.
In any case, if they ever get into an interview at some con or something, someone should definetely ask them about the connection to X-Men Legacy.

He's an undercover jew. Jews are not scottish, german, russian. They are jews being sleeping agents in scotland, russia, germany.

Oh. Oh my. I didn't know this at all.
RIP Batman Beyond intro.

At least the art won't be fucking horrible in a LA version.

bitch can't act anyway so Hopefully we'll get an Emma that's worth a damn

Didn't they have to search for new writers/directors for this show?
This may not see the light of day.

unfortunately it's something to do merchandising from Deadpool