Say what you will about Synders Superman movies, I have my own problems with them as well, but his General Zod is...

Say what you will about Synders Superman movies, I have my own problems with them as well, but his General Zod is, at least in my opinion, by far the best interpretation of the character.

There has been no other supervillain in any superhero movie that has brought about such devastating consequences from their actions. General Zod is the defintive answer to every single person who claims Superman is too powerful to the point where his stories don't carry any consequence. He pushed Superman beyond his limits, both physically and morally. He was obviously outright malicious in his nature, but he was still understandable in what he was doing. The entire purpose of his being, the very reason he was alive in his universe was to restore the Kryptonian Empire.

I know everyone criticizes his plan in Man of Steel, claiming that he should have just terraformed Mars or some other planet, but this is answered in Batman vs Superman. We learn through the Kryptonian birth chamber that Zod's corpse was transformed into Doomsday that the Kryptonian Council instituted their Eugenics ideology because of a birth defect in Kryptonian DNA that created horrific deformities like Doomday. The natural birth of Kal El was a direct heretical opposition of Kryptons solemn oath to prevent this defect from ever being born into this reality again. Zod's transformation into Doomsday is the ultimate consequence of Superman's rejection of the Kryptonian way of life, forced to face the horror of what Zod was fighting to prevent from happening in the world.

I didn't really like either of these movies, but it's undeniable that they offer more to discuss than most superhero movies.

The parallel of the way he killed both Jor El as Zod and Kal El as Doomsday was pretty interesting too

Somebody talk about Zod with me.

Wait a second...

Is someone commenting on the DCEU movies in an intelligent manner even though they don't like them particularly much but enjoy certain aspects of them?

Congratulations for not being a faggot today OP.

Also, I personally really liked the use and interpretation of Zod in Man of Steel as well. I liked that he was this dude born and raised to protect Krypton; he was just trying to look out for his home and recreate it which was what Clark was also trying to do. Also both their victories would have led to the extinction of either humanity or Kryptonians, so it was cool in that way as well.

The parallels in these movies are phenomenal.

I personally favor the shell casings from the beginning and end of BvS.

So who else besides me actually enjoys Snyder's theme of the trinity losing faith in humanity, but slowly regaining it? It's honestly a really good concept that I hope is explored more in Justice League.

I really wish people could separate their personal likes or dislikes of movies from the actual worth and quality of them. I truly don't like either movie in many ways, but in the end, I do appreciate that they committed to a fully realized vision and take on the character.

The way I see it, I already have my definitive Superman in my own imagination. Because of that, Snyders version doesn't offend me in any way. It's just another take on the character like I've seen countless times over the years. I didn't like a great deal of things that he did, but his story of the conflict between Superman fighting for humanity and Zod fighting for the surviving Kryptonians had a lot of weight.

I truly, fervently didn't like it at first, but I really don't identify with all the hated that has been levied against it. I just personally don't share that same kind of disillusionment in humanity. I've come to feel that it's actually fairly interesting to see such a perception of humanity that is so outside of my own though.

>intelligent manner
Yes user, it's very smart to say MoS Zod was a better written characters than the Zod from the corny Reeves Superman movies.

No because I don't really know what kind of humanity there is in the DCEU that made Superman and Batman become such assholes.

He was still well written in the Donner movies. They're underrated stories due to the genuine, almost innocent nature of them, but they're still well made.

What do you mean? What do you see as constituting "humanity"? I mean this in a very genuine and curious way, as I know I have my own idea, but it's undoubtedly very different from yours.

I really liked Superman saving Luthor from Doomsday's fist after his comments about a savior never delivering him from the abuses of his father. I didn't catch that aspect from my first view of it.

>fails his coup despite having the leaders dead to rights
>gets his ass kicked by a SCIENTIST
>loses all his equipment and troops in a day
>gets his ass kicked by the PODUNK son of the above SCIENTIST
>gets resurrected as a mindless, naked cave troll by a manic ginger only to get killed by farmer boy again who is going to come back to life by himself because fuck you

Nah, MoS Zod was a little bitch.

He was the result of the failing, degenerating Kryptonian genetics program. The Eugenics ideology of Kryptonians wasn't meant to be portrayed as correct. Jor El over coming him was meant to portray that the inner quality of a person was more important than the manner of their birth. It's the core conflict between Zod and Jor El, between natural birth and eugenics. This does not detract from the quality of Zod's character within the story.

Yeah, but it made him a wimp-ass villain.

The haircut and garbled line delivery didn't help.

No it didn't. He brought about more severe and horrific consequences than any other supervillain in any superhero movie. He was like a fucking Chaos Space Marine that was transformed into a Khorne Bloodthirster.

Zod is alright, but his Lieutenant Faora Ui is better.

I guess, but her insistence that evolution always wins is at odds with her eugenics based birth that is the opposite of evolution, unless you believe that eugenics is the natural result of evolution.

Because Shannon is one of the greatest actors of our time

COMMANDER Faora-Ul

Let's talk about Zod some more

Final desperate bump

Zod was a solid villain, my only complaint was that Snyder and Goyer didn't send him into the Phantom Zone so we could see Shanon play him again.

IMAGINE being on the bridge of the Black Zero for hours on end with this literal sex goddess right there within reach, trying not to watch as she crosses and recrosses her legs in her sexy black unitard,dispassionately musing on the righteousness of the Kryptonian genetics program and how it had freed you all from the "messy couplings of lesser beasts," the pupils in her icy blue eyes dilating in excitement at the very thought of recovering the codex and beginning Krypton's greatness anew; as all the while you listen as her breath quickens and her chest begins to heave ever so slightly in anticipation of the discoveries that await you on the latest outpost, you lose yourself in the reverie of your own most secret thoughts of the things you could do to her in the rest chambers that would make those lips part with passion, those breasts heave in earnest need.

Then Jax-Ur shows up with the latest status reports on the Phantom Drive, and you pull yourself back from the brink of heresy for the thousandth time. Such was the life of Zod.

yeah, gotham is such a nice place to live, I don't know how anyone could turn insane or evil after living 20 years in gotham.

*fighting crime in gotham

I actually agree and I like he's not just some two dimensional villain "I'm bad because I'm bad". Also thanks for cultivated opinion on such matter.

I absolutely loved it.
Clark's line "nothing stays good in this world" was extremely pleasing to hear despite it's depressing nature and then to see him rise above that conclusion and make 2 amazing sacrifices. Fantastic work.

Him & the new 52 Zod are the best versions or the character I have ever come across.

There are honestly some pretty good lines of dialogue in this movie.
"You're my world..."
"You're not strong. Men are strong." etc etc

I really enjoyed that part about it.

It's what makes the DC Trinity the fucking three greatest heroes.

TELL

How does Doomsday explain not going to Mars?

It's a good thing we got to see gotham in Snyderverse

oh wait

Why not terraform Venus, it has more space than Mars and has better opportunities for sunbathing?

ZOD is better than any mcu capeshit villains

I kinda liked the Im bad because Im bad Apocalypse. Probably because Isaac tookthe role seriously even when he was portraying an evil clown.

How comfortable was his dildo rocket?

Because the dumb Earthlings would have unleashed Doomsday (and they did, so Zod was right).

He was doing a favor to the universe by terraforming Earth.

Faora was shit. She was completely unidimensional. She washot, but that doesnt make her a good villain, just a good fuck.

thats because Zod is the hero not a villain

>It's honestly a really good concept that I hope is explored more in Justice League.
Oh it won't be. All the bitching about BvS has ensured that JL will just be a safe, mindless, popcorn munching movie where the good guys beat the bad guys and everyone survives and nothing bad or icky or meaningful happens because that upsets the little tykes' tummies and gives them nightmares.

This. I'm not sure how people can say this version of Superman was an asshole, or that he was negative in any way. Yes he experienced negative things, and yet he rose above them. I'm not saying that Snyder's version of the character is a definitive masterpiece, but the fact that so many people can't process this kind of characterization is baffling.

It's almost the exact same situation with Geoff Johns' recent Shazam reboot. He made Billy Batson a more cynical and jaded person on the outside because of what his young life had been like, but at his core, he was still an upstanding young boy who hated to see other people get bullied and believed in justice and equality, which is why he was chosen to receive the powers.

What's this about Mars?

>I know everyone criticizes his plan in Man of Steel, claiming that he should have just terraformed Mars or some other planet, but this is answered in Batman vs Superman.
Actually it was answered in Man of Steel. Zod wanted to kill the son of Jor-El. He says so. Restoring Krypton was only a side-effect of his goal, which was to kill Jor-El's progeny and the world his father had given him. I'm not quite sure how so many people ignored this fact.

Also, I think it was hinted at that you can't really terraform just any planet. I imagine there are degrees of success and failure based on what you're working with. Earth offers a hell of a lot more than Mars.

>I'm not sure how people can say this version of Superman was an asshole.

He destroyed a man's truck over petty reasons.

He plants a drone into the ground and coyly threatens the US government for the sake of his own privacy.

He kissed his girlfriend amidst the smouldering rubble of an entire city with no forethought into shouldering responsibility into saving people or cleaning up the damage he and Zod had made.

The script makes Clark say things that make him not a self centered night sociopath, but Snyder's directing confuses the messages profoundly. The characterization of Clark is a confusing mess and people are more identifying the man's actions than what he says. That is what defines a character. Not the side mouthed, double talking lofty dialogue.

>Oh it won't be. All the bitching about BvS has ensured that JL will just be a safe, mindless, popcorn munching movie where the good guys beat the bad guys and everyone survives and nothing bad or icky or meaningful happens because that upsets the little tykes' tummies and gives them nightmares.

This is a sign you are looking for edgier content than intelligent. Otherwise you would not have gone such lengths to detail detractors of the story as weak willed and childish. Whether you choose to acknowledge them or not, the central focus of Man Of Steel and BvS are popcorn battles. Snyder was hired to create popcorn battles because that is what he does best.

These movies have suffered immensely because of how we are told one thing from a convoluted script of high ideals but no means to achieve them and what the actual characters do on the screen. No one is repulsed by the icky nature of the movies. They are simply not good movies.

What is with Snyder and this father complex?

>Superman isn't 100% flawless and doesn't always immediately do the most virtuous things
>WHAT AN ASSHOLE
This isn't 1938.

>missed the whole scene with the human traffickers

It seems like you're just trying to levy immense guilt and shame upon Superman for everything he does if he isn't kissing the ground of the most helpless humans he can at all times

Even in 1938 Superman was going full fascist style in his fight against corruption in Gotham.

Because his waifu Ayn Rand fetishized her dead daddy in all her works via flawless patriarchal ubermenschen Gary Stus.

There's not one original thought in his head.

It was Baron Philippe de Rothschild that she created a romantic idealization of with John Galt. She was in love with him.

>he's good because he caused the most damage to the earth
lol no you shit

You can tell the Baron Philippe de Rothschild/John Galt had a massive influence on Snyder and his take on Batman as well. The guy was a billionaire race car driver, movie producer/writer/director and poet. The poem he had Batman recite about his parents deaths leading into his 9/11 allegorical encounter with Superman, and his Grand Prix esque Batmobile design all allude to this influence.

Clearly my thoughts aren't as simple as this green text you've written user.