So what do you guys think of Rebirth so far?

>Superman
Writing got a long winded and the dialogue is a little stiff at times but I'm excited about where it's going. Superman the family man is a lot more appealing to me than New52 Supes.

>Batman
Kind of weird for a one shot but the writing is pretty good. Not looking forward to Finch as the artist though. I've enjoyed everything King's written so far.

>Green Arrow
The artist change really benefited the series. I also like how they got into Oliver and Dinah right away.

>Green Lanterns
Not as shit as I thought it would be but still not too great.

Other urls found in this thread:

www16.zippyshare.com/v/2zLA75jZ/file.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So where do we find out what the deal with Doctor Manhattan is?

It'd probably be in Justice League if it's anywhere.

Only the Superman one worked for me. The Batman one was weirdly unfocused and didn't seem to be about anyone or anything in particular, I don't know what it means for the series. The Lanterns one was better actually, but it sure didn't deliver a lot of hope and optimism. Haven't seen Green Arrow yet, is there a storytime somewhere?

I have to wait two more weeks for Titans?
Fuck way to drop the ball DC

>Superman
Pretty good. I like that they stuck with the hope/optimism but the Doomsday flashbacks went on for too long and felt random.
>Batman
It was ok. I liked the change to Calendar Man but don't really get why they're pushing Duke. Dislike his costume.
>Green Lantern
Liked this on the best so far. Great character interactions. New best girl Jessica.

Haven't read Green Arrow yet but I have high hopes. For being really nothing but setup's I thought they were all fine enough.

I thought there was meant to be a Booster Gold book too

needed that preorder adjustment time after the Rebirth reveal

>Superman the family man is a lot more appealing to me than New52 Supes.
Love superdaddy .

Batman Rebirth issue were a complete and utter waste of time and worse money.

I'll be honest, yeah it was. Which sucks because I was looking forward to it the most, but it was about Duke and not much else.

I didn't buy a comic about Batman's rebirth to read about Duke existing.

superman was good, batman wasnt bad i feel
, gl was meh.
iam looking forward to WW one and titans ones.

sad theres no legion of super heros one.

You don't.

Are you going to be updating this with each issue? So when batman #1 comes out this'll have #2 & #3?

I didn't like Batman, Superman, & Green Lanterns. The first two I found pretty meh. I liked a couple pages of GL hat were written by Johns but overall didn't care for it. And I'm really not a fan of how Humphries writes Jessica and Simon.

>don't really get why they're pushing Duke
It's Snyder's creation. He wants to push his characters. And as long as he's writing Batman, he's the one in charge.

Haven't read GA yet, but I'm not too impressed by the other three.

Hopefully the other books will be more interesting.

Liked GL and GA.

Maybe Gwenpool's more your speed.

It's a pretty good book, especially compared to Batman Rebirth, I agree. I expected more from Tom King

lol what a fucking joke.

gross

Too early to say, since I'm not a dcfag, but I won't mind Reign of Supermen II

I love it.

okay, I'm picking wondy, deathstroke and JL

Titans solicits mention that they'll deal with the one who stole time. The lack of marketing makes it look like there'll be some catch though.

Snyder is cancer,

So is Bruce training Duke to be the next batman or something?

This issue was kinda boring...I did not like the Bruce fan service, and I still don't know why Batman keeps giving children colored costumes.

Basically.

nah, Lark

it's something new

No, he's trying something new.

>sad theres no legion of super heros one
Yet. There's no Legion of Superheroes Rebirth yet.

Somebody raised an interesting point when it comes to using Watchmen characters like this: the way the contract with Moore is written, at some point in the future the rights WILL go back to him or his surviving kin. It may take 50 years, but it's going to happen at some point unless Moore willingly relinquishes his claim to the characters (and he won't). Well, after that point, can DC reprint Rebirth? I don't think they can, not without changing Dr. Manhattan to Captain New Jersey.

Caught Bruce Wayne Fucking A Nigger,Warning! Read One Of The Most Disturbing Things Written About Batman.

That's what piracy is for.

Only seven more days left before I lose all hope for DC forever.

I havent read any New 52 Superman, can I jump straight into Superman Rebirth? Green Arrow Rebirth was really good, art suited the character really well.

Best Stuff in Rebirth Comics CIVIL WAR in the Batbooks.Damien ,Dick and Babara . the old Bat-family vs the new Bat-family Bruce and his new Kids Harper and Duke.

Python sketch “Crunchy Frog” about police investigating a candy manufacturer.

“ I think it'd be more appropriate if the box bore a great red label: ‘WARNING: LARK’S VOMIT!!!'”

>Captain New Jersey

When were the rebirth issues for Batman beyond, teen Titans and super sons announced?

Green Arrow was the best Rebirth issue
Best Percy issue yet as well

this and sups..

surely DC wouldnt walk themselves into a corner like that, r-right guys...

Enjoyed Batman, Superman and Arrow. Lantern was okay, I guess, but not enough to convince me to buy the book in the future.

What the fuck just happened here?!
Wow. I officially loathe one of Snyder's Batman stories.
Alright. I'm well aware that I'm going to be standing out here by myself, but I fucking HATED this. Like, I can't even describe the rage I feel right now. Just pure fury mingled with crushing disappointment.
Well, what do you know? I guess could describe it!
Maybe Snyder has been the king of the Batverse for so long now, that he's started believing his own hype? I mean, really ?!

DC Universe - Rebirth 001 (2016) (4 Covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/2zLA75jZ/file.html

RIP Batman. Nice to see the Sups. back again.

Watchmen will never go out of print

Even if they didn't need to keep it in print to keep the rights, it's the second biggest seller DC has year after year

Green Arrow was solid, Batman was middling at best, Superman was ok, Green Lanterns was better than expected.

>>Batman
It's kinda meh.

Don't know what to think.

Batman was meh. I never buy Batbooks anyway, and I never really cared much for Snyders run. Frankly the Batfamily is overdue for some pruning. Too many sidekicks running around. I'm half expecting to see the Batfamily start a soccer team and play in the World Cup in an issue soon. Why would anyone even bother trying to pull off a crime in Gotham anymore? You can't go more than a few blocks without running into a Bat or bird-themed vigilante.

GA was decent, I never reallyed cared for GA though. Probably won't buy.

Supes was decent, the only one so far I'm sold on actually picking up floppies for.

GLs was...a thing that happened. Loved Green Lantern for decades, but ever since Venditti took over it's been utter shit, probably the worst it's been since the 80s. Just fuck off Venditti. Lantern titles suffer from the same massive roster as the Batfamily too. Too many Earth GLs running around, there's enough now for each of them to have a different colored ring and be an unstoppable cosmic Sentai team. It's a little ridiculous. GL books need to clean house:

>Simon and Jessica as Earth lanterns, exclusively helping the JL and fighting threats on Earth, don't get them involved in big cosmic wars
>Hal and Kyle patrolling space and dealing with cosmic threats
>Make Guy Warrior or Red Lantern again and have him just be some renegade cosmic fighter bouncing between books or something. He should have the glove and be a GL vigilante or something
>Let Stewart get married, ground him on some planet to mope around and build shit. He only comes out of retirement to help out with GL events and bitches about being "too old for this shit"

Also while they're at it, get rid of Indigo and Star Sapphires, they're only relevant when they're needed for a plot point or to teleport somewhere. Larfleeze is comic relief, Sinestro and Reds as GL antagonists, and make Saint Walker the only Blue and have him be Kyle's partner and a support for the GLs in general.

Cautiously optimistic.

>Superman
I didn't hate it, but I feel like it took an entire issue to do what could have been accomplished in like five pages.

>Batman
Unorganized. Scattered. I want to see where it is going, and the Calendar Man stuff was cool, but I think it had the reverse of Supe's problem. It did too much in too little space.

>Green Arrow
I dig it. That's really all I have to say. Very middle of the road for me. It seems like they are setting Ollie up for a big fall.

>Green Lanterns
Like says, the GLs are in serious need of pruning, but I have a feeling that might be the direction the series is heading. Also, superhero-odd-couple turned buddy-cops is usually a good formula, so I'm willing to follow it.

All in all, not bad.

Alright guys, been around this DC game long enough to know that reboots start out exciting and lose steam fast.

Im really into the art on Superman, Green Arrow and Batman - do we know how long the artists are going to stay on these books? I'd hate it if these gorgeous titles immediately shifted over to jobber, mediocre artists right after I get all excited again.

only good book was GA sadly.

Supes was bland shit

Loved Green Arrow, found the others mediocre.

Looking forward to WW next week, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Duke is lame and now has a lame costume, returning everything to status quo is lame. Guess I'm gonna have to buy Superman.

I wouldn't call this the new status quo. This is a gimmicky big event that would last for about 2 years before they reboot the whole thing again

Anyone got a link to batman rebirth #1?

I don't understand how Finch keeps getting so much work. Avengers Diassembled had atrocious art except for a few flashback pages by Coipel, which just pointed up how bad Finch's work looked.

What was so rage inducing about it? I mean, it was a little bland, but it was mostly setting stuff up. And the Calendar Man thing was cool.

Honestly, I have a feeling all these "Rebirth" one-shots are going to be underwhelming. They're all basically glorified previews/prologues to the meat of the stories the authors want to tell. They exist to get new readers and readers who've been out of the stories for awhile a chance to get caught up and grounded before the #1s start hitting in a few weeks.

I'm reserving judgement on everything until we get the real #1s rolling out.

Is Rebirth #1 worth reading if you don't give a fuck about nostalgia?

No.

I found Rebirth #1 to be a tiresome read. It's basically one huge appeal to nostalgia that just sets up a future arc where it's apparently explained how Old universe became Nu52 and how it can be reversed. I don't personally care about the reasons, I just want Nu52 fucking gone forever. If you don't have any stake in this, I think it's totally fine to skip Rebirth #1 completely and just read whatever real series you're interested in.

>Batman
Disappointed. Boring issue with a dull Duke and dull Calendar Man. It doesn't feel like it's the main Bat-book. More like a filler. A boring one. Can we please have Batman only book without any of these sidekicks? Please?

I guess the only decent rebirth books will be Flash and Titans for obvious reasons.

Rest of them are just boring prologues.

One step closer to the future where Duke and Harper are Batman's partners.

Green Arrow > Superman = Batman > Green Lanterns

Good, I hope you cry even harder when it actually happens.

Green Arrow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman=Batman=Green Lanterns

Wont be reading this or anything else from DC. I wont be supporting them.

Now let's hope you stay out of the threads while you're at it.

oh King pls.

m just glad Batman out now.

Don't respond to retarded Batfags

What the fuck is up with the mail order subscriptions? I've gotten the same copy-pasted response from their customer service to wait for more details, and they haven't said shit.

Not impressed so far.

We're talking about Rebirth, not Civil War 2

I enjoyed Green Arrow, especially the art

Batman was alright but it kinda felt like filler

Green Lanterns was about as meh as I was expecting

Haven't read Superman yet

If I cared about Duke at all maybe I would have liked it more, but I have no interest in his character. Hopefully King isn't too beholden to Synder's old stuff and can do his own thing. Duke is basically Robin even if they are going to cal him Lark. It's just a knockoff Robin with the bird moniker and all.

At this point I'm expecting a new Bat-sidekick every year.

Civil War 2 is shit and almost all of today's Rebirth issues were meh. GA was good though.

Not everything is a company war you faggot.

I really don't like Snyder and Co.

Don't get so asspained, Bendis.

Damian was introduced 10 years ago.

Harper was last year, Duke is this year, I'm sure we'll get another next year, etc. Gotta pump out as many Batbooks as possible

Harper was never really Bat's sidekick though.

Honestly, Gwenpool's first issue was far better than Batman Rebirth.

This. I'm so sick of Sup Forums's hate-boner for DC and blatant Marvel bias. For once I'd like to have a DC thread without Marvel shills shitting it up. The only "flaw" that DC's ever had was making comics for patricians and true fans instead of braindead "general audiences" and casuals.

They where all ok. Maybe it was because I came in expecting the first issue and instead it felt like a one shot (which is what it was and I am being a faggot for going in with false expectations). I'll probably just end up trade waiting on Superman and just pirate the rest

>Batman
>Kind of weird for a one shot but the writing is pretty good. Not looking forward to Finch as the artist though. I've enjoyed everything King's written so far.
This issue is disappointing. Art is gorgeous but everything else is just so dull and boring. Didn't expect that from Tom King. Oh, and Snyder just couldn't not bring his boring pet character in this issue. "Hey, you will be something else, totally not Robin, my sidekick. Well, you'll do everything other Robins did, but you're different." Eh, such a letdown.

The Batfamily should only be Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl, prove me wrong.

Pro-tip:This is my subjective opinion, so you probably can

if Keith Giffen got his way, he'd slaughter the bulk of the Batfam

the fandom screaming would be worth it

Alfred and Jim

>This. I'm so sick of Sup Forums's hate-boner for DC and blatant Marvel bias
Holy shit. The DC friends outnumber the Marvel friends 2/1 on this board.
There are more Bat-fans alone than the rest of us combined.
This incredible, ass-pained victim-syndrome kills me.