Walking Dead thread since a new issue came out today and I won't be able to pick it up until later in the week...

Walking Dead thread since a new issue came out today and I won't be able to pick it up until later in the week. Hopefully someone is interested in storytiming this.

Meanwhile, while we wait for scans let's get a predictions thread on where the story will go?

No one?

Yeah, I'm interested. Threads are always slowest until storytime begin.

Should be an interesting issue, looking forward to Negan and Alpha's dialogue.

>Meanwhile, while we wait for scans let's get a predictions thread on where the story will go?
Sure.
>Michonne won't die yet, Negan'll keep her captive until the Whispers go to war with Rick and then prolly kill her in front of Rick eyes
>Negan may find out Dwight have Lucille and wearing a Walker mask surprise kill him and the only thing Dwight'll hear as his eyes shut and vision blur is Negan laughing
>The Whispers'll succeed and annihilate Alexandria with Eugene familiarity with Stephanie formed Rick'll prolly coax her into them staying where she is and get get her involve in the war "These people are merciless and they will come for you too"
And since Here's Negan reveal he had a wife who had cancer, and with Carl possibly becoming leader of the Saviors, Kirkman may draw parallels between Negan and Carl, so,
>Lydia dies prompting Carl to take action during an assault he stealthy swindle Lucille from Negan
>he doesn't kill him yet only make an effective plan when to find the perfect opportunity
>during Negan's power high after he manipulated Alpha and all the Whispers thinking he is finally King again Carl out of nowhere with the legion of Saviors behind him give Negan poetic justice and kill him
Even if Negan doesn't retrive Lucille, apply Dwight to Negan in the above. And, if I recollect, Kirkman sai Negan may survive a lot longer then some

Where I think the story will go next. During The Whisperer War Alexandria might be captured or overrun to the point of the residents having to move out somewhere else via Oceanside, it will be before this Eugine will tell Rick about the other community on the radio(that is if they don't turn out to be Alpha and co). Agreeing to meet one another however something happens during their first encounter together, Stephanie's community will want something of Rick if they are to help them in return during The Whisperer War, meanwhile, Lydia discovers she is pregnant with Carl's child and Rick plans to use the baby as a peace agreement between the two warring faction s. However, just as everyone realizes nobody really wants to kill the other group, Maggie or Stephanie's people arrives to completely decimate all of The Whispers using some new kind of weapon. Realizing what Rick and Eugine have done, they realize they need to plan something quickly against these people who saved them. If it is Maggie who double crosses Rick and kills Alpha then this will create a wedge between the communities that leads to civil war.

*Kirkman said Negan may survive a lot longer then some expect
I recently woke up and immediately replied, I should've taken it easy.

Michonne probably won't die but she'll see some horrible shit in The Whisper camp, I imagine a trade off happening at the border where it ends very similarly to what happened with The Gov and Tyreese during The Prison.

Same. I think Alpha is, or hopefully, is smart enough to catch unto Negan's game and she deceive him into thinking he is in control.

With the Whispers War, while I don't want Alpha to kill Negan because I want Carl to neuter him, I want Alpha to make amends with Rick somehow and then maybe Negan or Beta kill Alpha. Negan shouldn't completely take away the spotlight so I feel Beta should get the kill.

It could go as,
>Alpha realize too late into the war Negan was affiliated with Rick and they were rivals
>she have Rick right in front her and knowing she can kill him don't with the logic "I won't finish another's war" she give her hand to Rick and as he reach hers Beta stabs Alpha
With the death of Alpha, that could in turn, make Beta become the new Alpha.

I still think the Whispers system is flawed in that regard and whomever exhibit any emotion is consider weak so they get killed. Twice Alpha shown emotion, once when alone with Rick and the other a Whisper witnessed her cry and she slit his throat after he said he wouldn't tell the others.

I think The Whisperer War will probably end with Beta killing Alpha, becoming the new Alpha, he'll realize quickly how Negan is playing everyone but Alpha and the others will be blind to it.

While I can see the trade off happening, I like the idea of Michonne staying captive at the Whispers camp. And keeping her status unknown.

It'd be great to see Negan a few issues later wearing a Walker mask with a lock of Michonne's dreads attached to it and once Rick and Alexandria go to war that's the first thing Rick become conscious of.

Even better if Michonne is let in on Negan's plan, do you think he'd let her go so she could go and inform Rick? I wonder if Brandon's corpse will somehow play into this, seemed to be forshadowing something by Michonne and Aaron not putting it down and leaving it there. My guess is if Aaron is still alive but barely, he's going to run into Brandon and that's where he meets his end.

Also with Michonne in the camp we're at least going to see more of their operation, especially with Negan being there which is two points of views from outsiders into their community. I think I'm going to love this issue if it's just one big exposition on The Whispers and their society.

>Even better if Michonne is let in on Negan's plan, do you think he'd let her go so she could go and inform Rick?
Maybe. If that is the case, it could show that Negan believe no matter what Michonne tell him and what Rick have plan, he is confident he can defeat him.

>I wonder if Brandon's corpse will somehow play into this
If you're right about Beta realizing Negan is playing everyone, then the reanimated corpse could prove to Beta what Michonne said were true. Assuming his corpse'll walk into the Whispers camp and Beta take the kill.

It'd be funny if Beta killed Brandon and skinned his face, offer Negan the mask and he realize it is Brandon,
>"I re-fucking-fuse to wear that fucking mask!"
>"Is it a problem?"

>I think I'm going to love this issue if it's just one big exposition on The Whispers and their society
I can't lie me too. It's the perfect opportunity for Kirkman to do so and thus far with the Whisper arc, he has handle the arc perfectly well and it shaped itself up to be my favourite. The pacing and everything is great.

Negan's entire dialogue last issue regarding Brandon was especially hilarious, easily one of my favourite parts of the whole series.

I didn't really enjoy All Out War all that much, preferred the build up with Rick planning to kill Negan inside Alexandria,quite possibly one of my favourite issues of TWD, along with all the societies coming together to overthrow him. Something about it just felt rushed but I am loving The Whispers arc with how the pace is, something tells me an AOW type event wouldn't really suit the tone of it.

Would anyone be interested in story timing Here's Negan part 2 while we wait for scans of #155?

Yeah, it was good to read Negan tier humour again. Hopefully, Beta and Negan can share a few good quips.

I'm looking forward to more Beta, seems like he could prove to be a cool character.

So who do you think the bald guy next to Alpha is? Seems like someone who could be important, I'm guessing lover or member of her harem. Maybe the important Whisperers shave their heads but it looks like Beta has all his hair.

>Negan may shave his head to wear a Walker mask
And, I don't think anybody of importance, a one-note Whisper. Since it is the basecamp they prolly don't always wear the masks.

Scans are out

You'll storytime or should I?

You do it, meanwhile could anyone check their printed copy of #154, mine has the preview for Jupiter's Legacy #2 upside down and in reverse, seems like a mistake.

Thread is saved.

>It will be all over soon
>Just like going to sleep

I can only imagine how weird that sounds coming from a 7 ft man with knives.

Never underestimate Dwight.

Your anticipation can end Negan and Alpha time.

She's just playing hard to get Negan, keep pushing.

Dwight is not fucking around.

End of issue.

Posting Letter Hacks next.

I'm glad Dwight isn't being a little bitch anymore. He's stepped his shit up.

Only two pages of Letter Hacks.

Same. Hopefully he prove to more valuable later on, can't wait for him to inevitable run into Negan.

Yeah, the Whisper War look like it is venturing into a different territory then AOW was. I'm pretty excited.

One thing I like about The Whisperers is that they have this Godzilla like vibe to them, whenever they aren't around they basically cause as much panic as possible and everyone tries to guess what they'll do to their community next and when they actually do show up some serious shit goes down on a horrifying level. I'm really curious to see just how different things will be post-The Whisperer War.

New Here's Negan today. Anyone got the four pages?

Wasn't it released last week or is it part 3 we're talking about?

My prediction on the fire scene with Negan is that he's burning his wife's body, the fire will attract the walkers since you know, they are attracted to fire, Negan will end up smashing a few heads in and declare his new baseball bat Lucille in honour of his wife.

We're on Part 2

Someone may as well story time since this is a Walking Dead thread, otherwise not a bad issue, the militia is really beginning to form and seem like an actual army, Alpha and Negan's exchanges were pretty good and seeing more of a human side to Negan was interesting.