Are you smarter than the average person Sup Forums?

Are you smarter than the average person Sup Forums?

businessinsider.com/20-scientifically-proven-signs-youre-smarter-than-average-2010-12?op=1&IR=T

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/20-scientifically-proven-signs-youre-smarter-than-average-2010-12?op=1&IR=T
autostraddle.com/smart-girls-doing-stupid-things-like-drugs-120887/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>taking harmful drugs for fun
>this means you're smart

>(((shontell)))

In case you don't want to read

If
>You use recreational drugs
>You're a liberal
>You're a guy who doesn't sleep around
>You don't believe in God
>You're the oldest child
>You don't smoke cigarettes
>You're a lefty
+ more

then congrats, you're smart

>You're a liberal
>You're the oldest child
>Your mom had really bad morning sickness
>You were a teenage virgin
>You come from a smart family
>Your mom didn't eat tuna or other Mercury-containing food while she was pregnant with you
>You were breast-fed
>You took music lessons
>You're not an avid texter
>You're a lefty
>You're a night owl
>You're tall
>You have blue eyes
>You have a big brain
>You're internet savvy
>You're skinny

ITS ANOTHER JEW RUSE

looks like someones stupid

>You were breast-fed
>You're the oldest child
>You're tall
>You have blue eyes

I can get the fucked up logic in the other ones, but these ones blow my mind.

It started out pretty suspicious but

>blue eyes
>being tall
>intelligence is inherited

Business Insider confirmed for Nazis.

Hail Hydra.

IQ: 130+ Come at me

Breastfeeding is really good for a baby. It's like the opposite of drinking alcohol when you're pregnant, which will give your kid FAS and make it dumb.

Oldest kids, I guess, have to learn more on their own since they don't have older siblings to look up to and their parents don't have earlier experience with having kids.

I don't get the morning sickness one, it could be a coincidence.

Blue eyes and being tall belong in the same gene pool as high IQ, as Nordics tend to be smarter than most people on Earth on average, with the exception of some East-Asians.

>all those things and not liberal
Evil genius?

my IQ is 1488, you're a brown paesant compared to me

I sit home every day shit posting on Sup Forums, eating healthy food while getting sick gains and all of it is paid for by unemployment insurance that won't expire until July of 2017. By then I hope to have everything set in motion to move to the US of A and get back to working on being a productive member of society, if Trump wins. I also like cat girls.

That article quotes Dr. Oz who is a charlatan TV "Dr" selling snake oil. What a joke. It even says to keep in mind that correlation does not equal causation. Absolutely horseshit clickbait article.

Ironically enough this article was written by some one who is actually incredibly unintelligent.

I had a genius IQ at age 6. You usually score lower in adult re-tests so I'm going to guess I'm around 130-140

Anyways, I tried all the drugs. It was no issue. There are absolutely no answers to be found in them and I might have caused some brain damage, specifically with the mushrooms and salvia, but I'm generally successful, married, kids, job, etc.

Nobody should do drugs though, the amount of idiots I had to endure to get those drugs was incredible.

Benzos are still pretty neat when mixed with weed though, once or twice a year :^)

>businessinsider.com/20-scientifically-proven-signs-youre-smarter-than-average-2010-12?op=1&IR=T
Article absolutely drips with inflammatory bias.
Fuck OP for making me read that garbage.

>source
>psychology today
That's embarassing - this website is not reputable.

>insecurity and self validation about own intelligence, the article

pretty pathetic tbqh

You're a guy who doesn't sleep around
Sarah Lee

Again, this has to do with defying common ancestral tendencies. Everyone knows guys are tempted to sleep around; it's biologically ingrained in them to "spread their seeds."

Those who resist the urge and are committed to one sexual partner, then, are actually smarter. They're thinking and acting out against historical human ways, which is a sign of intelligence.

This finding came from the same study that concludes liberals are smarter than conservatives.

The same is not true of females; being monogamous does not deem them more intelligent. "This makes sense, because having one partner has always been advantageous to women, even thousands of years ago, meaning exclusivity is not a "new" preference," CNN writes.

HOLY FUCK

It's now only ok for women to sleep around but not men. We are living in C U C K times.

*please note that this article does not represent reality, whores are still whores.

> light eye color

Huh really makes you think

Not check

>You're a liberal
Not check

Check

Not check

>You're the oldest child
Check

Not sure

Check

Check

>Your mom didn't eat tuna or other Mercury-containing food while she was pregnant with you
Check

Check

>You were breast-fed
Check

>You took music lessons
Check

Check

>You're a lefty
Not check

>You're a night owl
Check

>You're tall
Not check

>You have blue eyes
Not check

>You have a big brain
Check

>You're internet savvy
Check

>You're skinny
Check

Check mate normies guess I am smart after all

Fuck my disgusting hairy ass, you sexy beast.

Why not take an IQ test?

>looks interesting, probably BS but maybe worth a read
>1. takes recreational drugs
Fucking dropped immediately

IQ tests are most accurate for scores around 80-90. After 95 IQ tests become wildly inaccurate

>Tallness indicates intelligence
Yet, the Japanese, Chinese, and the South Koreans are the smartest ethnic groups in the world while still reporting shorter height than most Caucasians of European descent.
>Atheism indicates intelligence
I do not approve of the study that conducted this. The methodology is not credible: is it fair to compare a Third-World country that happens to be more religious to a secular First-world one, with higher standards of living and superior access to education? Because that what it boils down to. If they were honest, they would have compared religious groups within a certain country, but then they would have reports that assert Jews and Hindus rank higher than most of the population, even above atheists, agnostics, and no-religion groups.
>Liberals are smarter
This is not considering the nationwide poll conducted by the Triple Nine Society (TNS), a worldwide super-high IQ group, that reports the most intelligent people representing humanity holds views on most issues that would be classified as classical Libertarian.

>classical libertarians most intelligent

Sounds right to me

20 scientifically-proven signs you're smarter than average
>Use recreational drugs
Out of there in an instant.

I'm the youngest of 3.
My brother and sister are very normal, and we're handicapped by changing schools by moving dozens of times.
I'm certain that they had a greater potential than me.
They think I'm the smart one of the family.
I'm on the autism spectrum, read incessantly and can regurgitate information on a litany of obscure or irrelevant topics for days.

If they had the compulsion I do though, they would realize that I'm not more intelligent and in fact, failed to see the right course of action in almost every way until after the time had passed.

>your a liberal
>you dont believe in god

DROPPED

Too bad I'll never do anything of importance because I fear social interaction, conflict and change.
I make decent money though..

Actually, autostraddle.com/smart-girls-doing-stupid-things-like-drugs-120887/

There was something else I read earlier that I lost, do some -real- research on things instead of just spitting out what you're told.

>you're a liberal
>you don't believe in God

Well here is a man who was likely one of the greatest minds of the modern era who doesn't fit these two point in particular

Although as a young man he was a militant atheist, in his mid 30's he returned to he church.

>drugs
no
>liberal
no
>doesn't sleep around
yes
>don't believe in God
yes
>oldest child
yes
>mom had really bad morning sickness
I don't know?
>teenage virgin
yes (and still am a virgin ;_;)
>you come from a smart family
not really
>your mom didn't eat tuna
no
>don't smoke cigs
yes
>breast fed
I think?
>music lessons
3 years of trumpet in middle school, but nothing else
>not an avid texter
I always prefer to talk
>lefty
righty master race
>night owl
absolutely yes
>tall
5' 11"
>blue eyes
grey-green
>big brain
I don't fucking know, I've never measured my skull
>internet savvy
I guess?
>skinny
lolno, I'm not a hambeast, but I really need to lose some weight.

I'm not trying to fellate my own dick here, but I often get compliments on my knowledge/intelligence, and I believe in God, consider myself a fascist, and am not a degenerate. I just never went to university to get indoctrinated with marxist ideals.

>instead of just spitting out what you're told

Telling that to me is fucking hilarious bud

Also that is just women that you linked.

>Oldest kids
The explanation I've seen for this is that oldest kids get a boost from tutoring their younger siblings.

> *shrugs* "meh, drugs were ok. I just decided, 'Hey, I'm going to do meth today to see if I like it,' and bam, I did it. It was boring so I just threw it out the next day"

Wew lad how are you not fucked over from what should have been a serious addiction? Generally all it takes is one or two tries - you don't even have to be chemically addicted to get fucked

Addiction can even be memetic, as in the case with cocaine (cocaine on its own really isn't too addictive, but the 'feel good feels' from the sheer rush of dopamine is more than enough to bring you back for more, and more and more and more, etc)

>Telling that to me is fucking hilarious bud

Why is that? I mean, have you done any independent research? And yes I know, you can clearly see there is no detrimental affect however.

Not check
>You're a liberal
Not check
Check
Check
>You're the oldest child
Check
Not sure
Check
Check (not highly educated but still very savvy)
Idk
Check
>You were breast-fed
Check
>You took music lessons
Drums for 1 year. I guess it counts though I never git gud
Check
>You're a lefty
Check
>You're a night owl
Check
>You're tall
189cm so maybe check
>You have blue eyes
Green ;_;
>You have a big brain
Haven't measured
>You're internet savvy
Check
>You're skinny
Check

I'm in the 98th percentile amongst Finns for the record

>smoke weed on occasion
>for sure not a liberal
>work 60 hours a week
>never gave a shit about religion
>middle child
>used to smoke, quit recently
>right handed
>never took lessons but play guitar bass and piano.

So am i like only half retarded?

I bet the author is describing herself.

It's fucking hilarious because you make it sound like I'm some guy who just follows normie opinions.

Also as far as I can tell the article you linked has nothing about negative or positive effects of drug use it just states that their test found that higher IQ girls did it more often. Doesn't mean it's negative or positive.

Obese people have low cognitive functioning because their diet literally clogs their organs. The human body isn't meant to consume sugars and chemicals in such large quantities. Bodybuilders avoid simple sugars for complex carbs and proteins. This isn't fatshaming. This is science.

Lmao you're still not answering my question. Have you done any independent research?

I could go ahead and give you a lot more information if you like, but I mean, you're not just some guy who follows normie options, right? You know your shit.

are you fucking kidding me? Have you? No the answer is I haven't fucking done independent research on drug use you dumb pseudo intellectual prick.

>he's such a newfag that he didn't know what I meant

Address the second paragraph of my post.

>Pseudo intellectual prick

Pot
Kettle
Black

Mh, your original post I replied to addressed the fact that you don't really know what you're talking about, you further concluded that by telling me that you haven't done any research.

Yea, that source is kinda shitty, like I said, I found an excellent one earlier that I lost but I would be more than happy to enlighten you on some other neat facts; with sources.

>literally asking random 4channers if they've done independent expensive research on the usage of drugs between people of varying intelligence
>implying anyone else is a pseudo intellectual prick

Go back to lebbit with that stupid shit you dumb britcuck

Wanna check the id?

>people who are mean to me need to leave my sekrit klub

Okay

I didn't accuse you of not doing any research you dumb faggot, in fact I didn't even fucking say that what you posted was incorrect, go read the second paragraph of my post you stupid cunt.

>I lost it just trust me I'm right

I'm not even sure what you're fucking arguing with me about you dumb pillock. I didn't even say the link was incorrect.

You didn't even know what I meant when I said it was hilarious you implied I'm some sheep that follows normie opinions. That exposed how much of a newfag you are.

Hard to keep up with the level of ignorance from you britcucks, you all sound the same.

>dumb
>faggot
>fucking
>stupid
>cunt
>fucking
>dumb
>pillock

What a well thought out and intelligent post, you truely are a credit to this board. Please never stop posting, you enrich is with your presence

Do you just skim over things and get angry at it because you're not entirely sure what it meant?

I'm talking about your ignorance towards drugs that you clearly indicated in your first post. Do some research before forming your opinion.

And I didn't even say you said I didn't do research. I implore you to take some breaths, put on your logic glasses and re-read our argument.

No wonder your country tears itself apart if you're the average joe.

>I don't know what ID's are
>but I'm going to call you a newfag anyway

Just because of the level of autism and irrationality in this place, I really can't tell if you're being serious or trolling. Maybe I'm autistic for not seeing it, but I'm 70% sure this is bait.

you're samefagging or is this your boyfriend?

>wahh I don't like how he types

Look what I fucking said instead.

I don't have any ignorance of drugs you dumbass. Many recreational drugs are harmful, some are not very harmful, my post doesn't contradict that. I don't personally do them, nor do I want to. I think they should be legal however.

What do you fucking want huh? I didn't even say the fucking shitty link you posted was incorrect.

You redditfugees come here incapable of reading the most basic shit and then post the most smug condescending trash, it's fucking cringe worthy and pathetic.

Manlets btfo yet again.

>taking recreational drugs
>more likely to be intelligent
I'm just a little skeptical of this claim.

How about you learn how to use archives before calling me a newfag you dumb pile of shit?

And I'm 99 percent sure you're fresh off the boat. You can't even address what I said and you STILL didn't read the second paragraph of that post.

Goddamn nigger this is some POZZED shit

I'm glad I'm a retard

A quote from the article 'In fact, aligning oneself with "unconventional" philosophies such as liberalism or atheism may be ways to communicate to everyone that you're pretty smart'

So, people who are smart feel the need to follow a belief to show just how smart they are? That is completely counter intuitive. If you are smart, surely it would follow that you would have confidence in your ability to reach the correct conclusion and not just follow whatever ethos will signal how clever you are.

That is just contrarianism. Also, liberalism is the main-stream belief now and has been for about 30 years. Therefore, even if this assertion were true, it would mean being a conservative is a sign of intellect.

Nah, I just joined in because your impotent rage is hilarious

Whatever kiddo

Take your smug shit back to lebbit. If you were here as long as me arguing against fucktards you'd probably sound like you were raging too.

I did read the second paragraph, I even responded to it - "Yea, that source is kinda shitty".

I assumed you were knocking the link between those who take drugs (those listed in the article) and those with a higher IQ. Thus bringing my question of your knowledge on the subject.

I think we both pulled at the wrong strings there, mostly me, I think however that those who are more knowledgeable about what they're actually taking will do so because they're aware that moderation and safe use is perfectly okay, sometimes even helpful.

>kiddo
>get out of my sekrit klub

Your insecurity is showing

It's called bullshit. The study cited kids who most likely play around with weed and other stuff. I went to the whitest high school in my area and one of the best in my entire state yet it was saturated with drugs. There were other schools with daily shootings, but we had way more drugs. My guess is it's because of the thinking involved in trying to avoid getting caught.

All I said was the link didn't differentiate between any negative or positive effects from drug use it only said that in their studies intelligent girls were more likely to do them. You've posted nothing else to change that statement.

My point is even if intelligent people had a higher likelihood of doing recreational drugs that still doesn't mean that that's a positive thing, nor does it mean it's a negative thing.

Whatever mate, I'm not the one here who can't even use archives.

No idea why you've got such a hard on for archives, I only chimed in because you where calling people pseudo intellectuals in a pseudo intellectual manner, and then you failed to read my ID and assumed I was somebody else, on account of you being a retard

You underestimate your own strength.

can you really not put two and two together? Do you know what archives can be used for?

I'm guessing not.

>hurr you misread IDs you're a retard

When I'm quickly responding to one Brit posts to me and another comes in responding to the conversation what the fuck do you expect? Oh I made a mistake with IDs because your post sounded exactly like his and even had the same flag, guess I'm a retard!

You're very angry, maybe you should turn the computer off for a bit and have a lie down

I hit five wickets and I am almost certainly smarter than 99.8% or so of the population.

>Very Dull

>Normal

Wow, real scientific terms. What is this? The 60s?

I'm not that guy, but I managed to avoid a crippling meth addiction despite regular use for a year and a half and a strong family history of it. But then I was lucky that my best friend (and dealer) decided to quit. He had a hard fucking time, but he was my only tie to getting the drug.

Without access to the drugs (hanging around a bunch of tweaker fucks) it's easy peasy to not do it. The problem remains that whenever it's available to me I do the shit out of it and then wake up in the middle of the night tasting it and smelling it and sweating.

But yeah, stay away from people that have it.

They're just looking at correlations. Take the "You're tall" one, for example. If you are tall, it is a safe bet that you had sound nutrition as a kid. Not having a good diet as a child can lead to poor brain development. Just having the genes to be tall doesn't make you smart and just because your genetics say that you're going to be short doesn't mean that you're going to be dumb.

They're talking more like IQ 115-120. That's pretty above average but still nothing breathtaking, and it's right in that sweet spot of the bell curve where you know you're smarter than other people but radically overestimate yourself and are a real prick about it. This is where all your turbo fedoras and snide political commentators hang out. Once you get to really smart like IQ 145 and up, you get so far ahead of average that you're almost mutually unintelligible, where they can't conceive how far ahead you are and lording it over them is like lording it over a dog that you're smarter than it (fun but not a matter of self image).

Sup Forumsbait: the article

that author must shitpost here

Define "liberalism" these days. What it means to be liberal has changed significantly even during our lifetimes. By classical standards, I'm pretty fucking liberal. By progressive standards, I'm a fucking Nazi.

>according to Satoshi Kanazawa at the the London School
>Satoshi Kanazawa
>London

>Being liberal is for smart ppl!

Almost nothing on this list is based on anything but opinion and the mistaken assumption that humanity is always making progress.

Get fucked with a pinecone, retard