Cast a white person for a minority character

>cast a white person for a minority character
This is the worst thing that ever happened ever
>cast a black person as a Norse god, valkyrie, as fucking wally west, as fucking Johnny storm
This is amazing so great and tolerant

Why?

Also I for one am excited over the coming shit fits over dani moonstar and Bobby decosta

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1WUdQpuVRtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>as fucking wally west

comics did it first

white erasure is real

People lost their shit over black Johnny too.

Because the demographics have changed since these characters being created?

Using that as an argument is as retarded as the people who are now bitching Iceman was straight in the films and in x-men evolution. Or the people complaining about them casting a white guy for iron fist.

Why don't we fuck with everyone and reveal Northstar and midnighter were straight the whole time

Idiot.

>demographics have changed

Not really the black pop is only like 14% cause they get so many abortions. Like they make up 30% of the abortions

but black fans didn't like the Johnny Storm change or the movie

That's because it was a shitty movie, though Thor wasn't amazing or anything.

You seem incredibly upset, maybe you should loosen your armband and take off your jackboots, Captain Racism.

>valkyrie
Really?

I don't actually either way...

but...

Nobody cares about Valkyrie. Why'd they even use
her if they were gonna use a black actress? Why don't they just make up a new one or take one from the attic bins. Let's be real, nobody reads comics.

I'm referring to comic book readers as opposed to national demographics.

And what happened? They were called racist

>Valkyrie
>black
Whoever had this idea should be fucking shot.

Ok, lets see.
>Take the original power rangers cast, make blue non-white or female
>Take the original power rangers cast, make yellow and black white and male.

Black people don't know how to read user

Let's be real here the only people that care abot any of this are the people who make money off of clickbait articles and the dumbasses who always take the bait

Black guy here. I read just fine.

Most people who look through comics don't know how to read.

>anyone
>reading comics

>as fucking wally west

We technically got black dad out of it, so it doesn't really matter.

>not wanting my favorite characters changed to be a caricature of black people is racist

Also jack boots are inherently left wing

In their defense, and this is the only point I'll give them, is that we shouldn't have whitewashed decidedly minority characters first. I am meticulous about casting though, I got mad because Harry Potter's eyes in the movie were blue.

And Sup Forums doesn't read comics so what does it matter?

The piece itself should come first, imo. Things like casting Scarjo in GitS etc. is very clearly making a decision for monetary reasons at the EXPENSE of the overall artistic vision, whereas the decision to cast Heimdall was clearly made because Idris Elba is a fucking amazing actor.

I can't really speak for the others, except to say that Fantfourstic was such a clusterfuck I don't think it would have mattered if they had cast everyone as crippled transexuals with vitiligo. That movie was going to suck regardless.

I don't like this character. It reminds me that my dad hates me

Run back in time. That'll fix everything

ScarJo in GITS would be fine if she didn't have the Japanese name.

When they adapted All You Need Is Kill into Edge of Tomorrow they changed the fucking names, so they put the effort in to distinguish them as separate characters. But you can't have some lily-white lady saying her name is Makoto Kusangi, it's ridiculous.

that doesn't make any sense at all.
>Nu52 Wally West is black
>That is the current comic version when they're casting for the show
>they use that version

it's not that complex. Did you expect Batman V Superman to be about Azrael and Dick Grayson with sidekick Damien fighting Eradicator and Cyborg Superman?

Yeah, Joe West makes up for every other shitty member of his family, and then some.

B-but muh Norse mythology...

They would have been a way better movie.

well the blue ranger was gay already.
also, casting an asian as the yellow one and a black guy as the black one was kind of uncomfortable, desu

The reason this angers people is because it's something that Hollywood has been doing practically as long as Hollywood has been a thing, and shows no signs of letting up on. Maybe if Hollywood had a long history of evenhanded & colorblind casting it wouldn't be an issue, but it doesn't. Its history is really one of exclusion, erasure & indulgence of stereotype. To this day, Hollywood will bend over backward to find actors who aren't even reasonably close to the ethnicity of the characters they're portraying (such as casting a Mexican actor to play an Iranian in Jon Stewart's film Rosewater, while actual Middle-eastern actors struggle to get roles as terrorists).

>This is amazing so great and tolerant

Because it shows a commitment to increased diversity in media - something important in an America rapidly approaching majority non-white population. Think about this for a moment: When Wally West & Johnny Storm were created in the late '50s/early'60s, it was literally impossible to have a black hero in comics, even if Jack Kirby or Carmine Infantino wanted one. Distributors wouldn't carry it.

In the pilot, the yellow ranger was Latina

>implying /co wouldn't pay to see The CrippleTrannytastic Four fight against Doctor DoomenFurter
>Johnny! You need to say "Flame On"!
>But I'm already flaming! Oooooohhh...

Essays explaining why this change isn't actually a problem and is necessary for the success of the movie.

>cast a black person for a white character
Screaming shit fits about them ruining the character and not respecting the setting.

youtube.com/watch?v=1WUdQpuVRtw

I'm baiting at levels unbeknownst even by myself

no one abides nor cares about the rules of the internet anymore

How did it go, something about racism is prejudice and influence? So you can't be racist against white people. I think that's how some people think it works.

I suppose. I probably could've used better examples, like Exodus: Gods and Kings, which was explicitly stated by the director to have cast white people because they didn't think they would get funded otherwise. And on the other side, you have things like Hamilton and The Wiz, which adapted stories of mostly white people into stories with mostly black people, but did so for clearly artistic reasons.

The movie isn't out yet, so I can't say for certain, but I'm fairly confident that the Ancient One in Dr Strange is a good example of "whitewashing" done right, since Tilda Swinton is a great actress and has an... otherworldly quality that would fit really well with the role.
The spectacle would be amazing.

Yeah, that's basically it. You can be bigoted against white people, but since you don't have the entire system backing you up its not the same. Personally I wish they'd used the term systemic racism rather than trying to co-opt racism and leading to endless arguments, but what can you do?

This, but good luck getting anybody to acknowledge it.

What the fuck is with the Elba and Michael b Jordan meme? Both are shit actors no one would care about if they were white.

That would have been the best movie ever, especially if at no point did they stop to explain any of it

>america
>majority non-white population

haha what

>rapidly approaching a non white majority

US is 80% white

Only if you include Hispanics and Latinos, and please try telling Sup Forums that they're white.

Are you saying I love Lucy was about an interracial marriage in the 1950s?

Also literally every south American immigrant girl I know goes out of her way to tell me how white she is

People don't care if it's a major actor who's taking the role. Like Edris Elba or Will Smith. Personally, being a grab bag of genetic code myself, I give no shits.

>it's another white people feel threatened episode

>demographics
Demographics changed from "all young people" to "rich hipsters who will spend cash on anything that glorifies minorities"

>US is 80% white

Try 60% and dropping.

>be victims of an ongoing genocide
>why are you so mad at the genocide though?

People generally like the performances they give?

I'll be honest. I was annoyed about black Johnny.

I wasn't annoyed he was black though. I was annoyed that he was black and sue was white. THEY'RE FUCKING BROTHER AND SISTER. LERN 2 GENES

>Black Johnny Storm
>Black guy's power is getting immolated

>Black Wally West
>Black guy's power is running fast

>Black Deadshot
>Black guy's power is shooting accurately

uhhh, racist much, Hollywood?

>"""""genocide"""""

Fucking murryfats get your greasy mitts off my cultural history reeeeeee

yes, the systematic destruction of a people and their culture. It happened in Zimbabwe. It is happening in South Africa. And it is happening in Europe and North America

>Casting a side character with a non-white actor in majority white cast films is on par with genocide
it's the whitewashing debate all over gain

I don't know about you but I think Norse gods should be white.

I mean it's all we fucking got after Christianity wiped out our religion and culture over the last two thousand years. Can't we keep this one thing for us?

Your fantasy world sounds like a terrible place to live. Glad I'm here on earth.

Virtue signaling is all the rage these days.

2nd black guy here, I read just ok.

White people are not getting genocided in europe or North America

They're not Gods, they're sufficiently advanced aliens. Also, I don't see you complaining that Thor isn't a redhead.

Then why is the population dwindling? Why is the culture being replaced?

Yeah they are trying to destroy white culture

Neither of those is happening.

Why are we getting replaced by Muslims and Mexicans?

It might not be accurate but it's the most exposure my peoples ancient religion gets in this day and age. It ain't ideal but goddamn.

I am the same guy that gets mad about Egyptians being played by white people and I get a pat on the back for it. Good, it's fucked up.

But every time I bring up something about this sort of thing I get attacked.

We are on the same side one day and on the opposing side another, it's fucking insane.

>implying you arent whiter than an actual cracker

>Because it shows a commitment to increased diversity in media
That's a shit argument. Create new characters and you can go all out. If I create a new superhero there's no reason he will be black anymore that he'll be asian or latino or whatever. Randomly changing defined character just to be hip and politically correct is a terrible move. I complained about Johnny Storm being black and I will also complain about GiTs being played by Scarjo

To be fair GitS is cberpunk tho. I have no idea if they'll actually do it, of course, but it'd be easy as fuck to just go with the "technology-based globalization made the whole planet a bit more Japanese" explanation

Movie Motoko could be a white gal from a white family that's technically located in Japan, or she could be Japanese but her new cyber-body is western because even the japanese aren't bothered by baka gaijins anymore, or she could be technically a mixed japanese-american that just happens to look more american than not

But again, i'm not informing myself much on the movie, maybe they're indeed retarded and will just pretend she's a white japanese

Both of those are happening, this is painfully dishonest senpai.

What if white people just all get together and go somewhere else? Found a new country or immigrate to another and take it over over time too?

It seems fair. I can't really see the problem. We'll just pull a Pakistani or something.

Where and how?

culture is replaced every 10 years. what is white america today isn't white america 100 years ago. grow with the times. minorities or no, 'white culture' today will eventually die.

Racism is racism. If you discriminate someone based on skin color, you're a racist, end of story

All that contrived bullshit SJWs came up with is just mental gymnastics so they can keep reblogging "fuck white people" on tumblr and not get called racis

Do you even read the words you're writing? White culture has basically conquered the world. I visited China a couple of months ago, and all the buildings are Western architecture, with maybe the occasional ornate roof on top. They consume our media, buy our brands, eat our food... We've basically colonized them without having a single colony.

Look at London. Pakistani people fucking everywhere, calling for sharia law to be instated, attacks against gays and shit, rapes on the rise.

It's right in front of our faces.

>Majority cast
Did you see some of the roles
How is that destroying white culture at all? If the character was original, would it still be genocide?

Hm, I feel the same way about Asian cultures and African. We should pave over all that old shit too.

us niggas done up and got us some internets nowadays sir

Muslims are the most intolerant people I ever seen, it fascinantes me how the oh-so-toletant left jumps up to any opportunity to defend them

come to China today and judge if they look 'Asian' culture to you with their Gucci bags and Skycrapers and Jay-Z blasting all over the roof.

I know a lot of Muslims from other countries, some of them close friends who are fine. but these first generation immigrants from the middle east are fucking scum.

Most middle easterners, especially Arabs are massive fucking assholes. Every Arab i've ever met has treated me and non Arab Muslims like garbage.

Yeah but then they will create a legacy character and then use that as an example of you not liking new characters.

Here is trayvon Winters. He is black cyclops. Oh wait you want Scott back? See this shows you hate new black characters

>being forced off our land that we bought for shiny beads and giving up our right to guns and speech

Black Ben in Daredevil. The guy was actually very good though.

Western Muslims are cool.

Give them one generation. One generation and their children will have nothing left of their old culture.

I love the idea of this fear that they are replacing our culture.
Sleeping with our women and whatever else you are afraid of.

Now what do you think happens to their culture if they come here and make children with western women. Their daughters will not be raised as devout as they want them to be.
They will adapt incredibly fast.

>one generation and Muslims will be totally happy fully integrated members of society

Wow you delusional fucking faggot

Naw it's cool, if we are minorities then all the blacks and Muslims will have to treat us better.

Right? ... Right?

Unfortunately, Elba was almost entirely wasted in the Heimdall role of an emotionless statue of a character, no facial expressions, doesn't even blink.

What a waste.

Marvel needs to find a better role for him if they're going to use him. Or *drastically* change Heimdall's character to be a better fit. Let Heimdall be a fallen paladin type, he failed at his role and will now do anything to redeem himself, let the stoic personality melt away to high-striving.

I'd say two or three generations.

All the Muslims I know are from Singapore, very far removed from the middle east and mixed with other cultures like Malaysian stuff. They're cool.

But these straight out of the middle east types are cunts to a degree with which it disgusts my Singaporean Muslim friends.

>It's okay man, just endure one entire generation is racist intolerant savages raping and beating people all over your country, there's a slight chance their kids will turn out somewhat decent

Merkel is that you?

I've noticed anons only bring up race changes they don't like most of the time. Like Ben, Hugo Strange and Michael Clarke Duncan are hardly mentioned in these threads as a negative if at all