What A Night!

>What A Night!

The end of the world has begun.
The Redeemer has met The Herald.
Now Robert Black finds himself deep
In the heart of a force of pure oblivion...

This is-
Providence #10: Act III, Scene I

Other urls found in this thread:

www31.zippyshare.com/v/X19KZipG/file.html
pastebin.com/nWRs9nXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And here we go...

Our hero has made it to Providence

Easy one, From Beyond.

His glasses are actually very clever.
Given how every panel with really overt supernatural bent has been staightlined...the shape of his frames do adhere to that scheme.

>Howard Charles
Dexter Ward has made his appearance

>Seventeen
Now that's some fine attention to lore

WE HAUNTER NOW

>Secret Chief
Two possibilities
Either Lovecaft is a secret asshole, or Nyarlathotep is pulling the strings

The Shining Trapezohedron

Given the last journal entry having some fears about Robert Black being a father...wouldn't it be grand if this was him "concieving" Nyarlathotep's Johnny Carcosa form?

H.P.

>Sweet Ermengarde reference
MOORE YOU SWEET MAN

Cinema purgatory when ?

....I don't think he's really Howard.

After this in a new thread.

Dagon was my first Lovecraft

Hope you can read her words...very enlightening

I don't know what to think.
Is Lovecraft's mannerisms a sign of his being body-hopped Whipple or Winfield?
Or just him being a weirdo.

Well, that's it for the main story this month.

Journals!

He really loved this town

that old maggot couldn't keep himself from shitting more over Lovecraft could he now

Next Month:
Nyarlathotep!

awww sheeeeet

>Waaah da gays is in my comic book themed around repressed cultural fringe groups, this is horrible
kill urself my man

big words for a little internet faggot

>Three syllables is big
How's grade 9 coming kiddo?
Come to this storytime because you thought it was gonna be "da epic tentacle cthulu dude xD"?

>This is-
>Providence #10: Act III, Scene I
But it isn't.

he's another body-jumper. he refers to her as mother and daughter. he talks oddly because he's the grandfather's mind in the grandson's body.
Also, there's some ugly implications: "after grandfather's death, it was difficult. we were isolated together at our new, smaller house.....and this was of course in my eighteenth year, when my animal preoccupations were at their regrettable pinnacle." Oedipus Rex.

Sorry meant #9.
Still the beginning of the third act.

But he also refers to his aunt as his granddaughter.
Making it seem like a term of endearment on his part given his old school style.

bump

Subtle.

its back

they're everywhere

Even beasts from the outer frequencies can sense the homolust.

>y-you too

good one

Given the dialogue the body-jumping only makes sense if he's sharing his body rather than having it taken over.

Also, if you want to go further, in Neonomicon Johnny Carcosa refers to Lovecraft as being just some guy.

>these two are gonna fug aren't they?
>yep

what a slut

It's funny, given the setting, the object, and what we have been told is the outer-lying context...that one panel reeks more of abhorrent sex ritual than anything with the issues of fish-rape.

Lilly has been dead for months

up

abhorrent is the right word, some how that was more grotesque and shocking than it oght to of been, this is coming from someone whose read more than their fair share of yaoi

I think that an abandoned and decrepit church in front of an arcane totem would make anything weird

Dude. He's the redemptor.

Of course, but the last two issues have called into question...his mind.

I'm talking about Lovecraft.
Maternal Grandfather is a freemasson head, father deals with metals.

Well, yeah.
That's been in the open since #7

bamp

wamo

I forgot what half-assed promised I'd made in a previous thread if Moore sneaked in a SE reference, but holy fuck did he deliver. Based Moore, you magnificent bastard.

Aaand, thanks to the archives, I found it. I quoth: I seriously would get an "Alan Moore knows the score" tattoo and name my firstborn Robin (after toybox from Top 10) if he drops a Sweet Ermengarde reference at some point.

I can live with that. Game's on, Alan Moore.

That's pretty brilliant.
Godspeed.

well thats not so bad

I'm going to read this, but so help me if there isn't any references to swinging or antique erotica...

>"Mr Lovecraft...have you ever...done a bit of cornholing? You're probably too grown up for that sort of stuff."
>two panels later
>"Ooh fuck me! Call me the Mad Arab! Ia Dagon! Tekeli'li! TEKELI'LI!"

he didnt even buy him dinner first

DDL link pls

bump because I'm still reading this. Reminds me of the webcomic Lovecraft is Missing, sadly unfinished due to the author's death.

Reminds me of a more serious version of Giffen's OGN

>Dexter Ward

Pre or post replacement?

Seems to be pre-replacement.
Post-replacement was notoriously bad at fitting in.

Thanks. It's been a while since I read that book.

bump

Having his madness and fear vindicated by learning that what he's always dreaded and feared was real would undermine the tragedy of Lovecraft's character.

Moore's not nearly that nice.

Chances are, he'll have Howard let loose with some of his infamous bigotry, disenchanting and driving away Black, leaving him all alone again with his quiet desperation to die ignonimously.

Providence 09 (of 12) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Faessla)
www31.zippyshare.com/v/X19KZipG/file.html

pastebin.com/nWRs9nXY

Definetely pre-replacement, the novella says he went to Moses Brown school but refused to attend college.

Of course.

That actually makes perfect sense.

If Black is meant to be a stand in for Samuel Loveman...who was equally repulsed by Lovecraft's bigoted tendencies.

Whats under the cloth around his mouth?

There's 2 schools of thought on that.
1. Nothing. Like, a void.
2. Tentacles.

like three mouths