Jesus christ I fucking love gyros. They are probably my favorite food

Jesus christ I fucking love gyros. They are probably my favorite food.
But I have to wonder - who should I be thanking? Greeks or Turks?

It was initially invented by Turks in Anatolia around 1800s then the Greeks obviously adopted it from Turks but made it more thicker and added pork. Turkish döner is thinner and made from beef or chicken.

Gyros are pretty good

if it's pork (like real gyros should be), then definitely greeks

>meat in bread

what an invention

t. cuisinelet
at least Greeks learned to steal from their superiors why don't you wh*Tes do the same

it tastes good though. greek/turkish cuisine is my favorite.
no offense, but i don't know any significant food from germanic people except that rotten buried shark meat icelandic people eat.

we have meat in bread too I don't know what you're talking about

Original Greek cuisine consisted of Fish, Garum and bread. Not sure you'd like it if you tried. there's a reason why Greeks are stealing Turkish cuisine like there's no tomorrow.

Stop trying to make us appear like thieves you kemalist pos.
It's not like you niggers consume steppe food. You couldn't even make baklava til you adopted our recipe (and added the condiments you use, which we usually don't).
Also Turks stole all of their cuisine from Iran anyway.

>It was initially invented by Turks in Anatolia around 1800s
Turks didn't invent spit roasts, which is what the kebab is.
t.culinary expert
You are thinking of desserts.

Why are you doing this? I'm not going back until easter. Literally the one thing that the US has over europe, availability of gyros. Here it's all kebab filth everywhere

>Greeks or Turks?

what's the difference?

> your order is ready, sir

we invented gyros n shiieet

>his country's most well known dish is famous only because it stinks
>people only know anything else about his country's cuisine because of a furniture store

>It's not like you niggers consume steppe food

"steppe food" is still better than original greek cuisine. Seljuk nomads usually ate Tutmaç çorbası (pic related, some kind of noodle soup that's still eaten here), Mantı and yoğurt with lots of mutton (any kind of meat but horse, fish or pork) seasoned with spices or just salt.

It's not like Turks ate like Eskimos before they came to Anatolia. Their cuisine was still sophisticated.

Good question. Honestly we don't know the answer. But you can always ask your mother, i've heard she's an expert on brown people before.

>i don't know any significant food from germanic people except that rotten buried shark meat icelandic people eat.
American education everyone.

I haven't had a pitogyro since 2015.

nice try, but germanic food is actually shit.
look the smart asian is backing me up

We've always been a small country and our climate didn't allow people to grow much interesting. Our cuisine has always just been combining whatever meats and carbs were available

>"steppe food" is still better than original greek cuisine.
[citation needed]
It's not like Greeks didn't have food before Turks came, or that it wasn't delicious. I like lentil soup and fish dishes just fine. Frankly if you don't like at least 5 different fish dishes you must not speak about food at all since you are what a noob is to video game shit.
Not to mention Cretan and Ionian cuisine which had few influences (and in the case of Ionians not at all) from Ottoman cuisine.

I'm a germanicboo but Germanic food is shit

Our cuisine is fucking great because we're a melting pot between India, China and the Spice Islands.

>uses potatoes

Well everyone can eat whatever they want now. Famous cuisine is just a historical remnant