Do you love the EU?

Do you love the EU?

Other urls found in this thread:

spiegel.de/international/europe/the-ticking-euro-bomb-how-the-euro-zone-ignored-its-own-rules-a-790333.html
stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=ANHRS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Banana
youtube.com/watch?v=ssKuP14HNPg
thesun.co.uk/news/3301653/huge-majority-of-germans-would-like-to-see-brits-suffer-when-brexit-negotiations-start-next-month-according-to-new-poll/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes I do

nah bun you

No. Kill it with fire.

I think EU is a great idea if it's leaders are people who have Europes best interests at heart but they don't.

What is there to love now that our greatest ally left it and Eastern European countries joined it?

No.

yes with less slav subhuman countries

I love Japan.

yes

this

No. Kill it with fire.

Nationalism was a mistake. So was the European union.

Yes we love eu just like all our hwhite european brothers

The concept yes, but government should never be met with anything other than rationality.

Yes I do.

Greatest political thing made by human beings.
United Europe is invincible.

I always feel like I'm the only one in the world who fucking hates the EU but really wants a EU army just so we can't disband NATO, kick the USA out of Europe, protect our borders and tame the Russian hounds.
Other than the army thing, fuck the EU.

i'd be alright with this

CAN not can't
Sadly it's a very paradoxal position because most of the people for an EU army are federalists, so we'll never see political support for an EU army without all the added economic and political baggage.

Nah, they're russophobic

Just need to get rid of 150 or so american nuclear bombs.

good post
would prefer with germany annexing all eu members though

Fuck you EU

As a political tool to avoid Europeans killing each other I think it is quite successful.

EU should just stop this Muslim immigration nonsense though.

bark harder, little German dog

I do.

>the mutt is butthurt because we want to kick its little soldiers from the continent

>we

yes, because it makes us relevant

froggie is right, mutts should leave Europe

Yes, because I am not a commie faggot

>this kills the /r/europe faggot

Yes.

yes, but lately your president and government behaved like clowns, i hope it continues and the US loses all credibility

>knowing about different subreddits
Easiest way to spot a redditor.

Its OKAY. But is Germany using the EU to bully Greece? And then bullied UK when UK wants to leave? It seems kinda a harsh place but overall its a lot better than how Europe was in the 20th century.

They need a proper central government, and no more division among the countries in terms of "Greece owes money to Germany". You can keep individual regional cultures while being united poltiically, that is how the USA is.

It's ok, should show more scientific projects and stuff that are of use to ordinary, non-rich, people and tone down the role as a refugee destination.

Who cares that africans and Middle Easteners get it better if investors are just after the quick bucks.

you're the ones who ask us to come and then spit on us and act like we'e occupying you
this sort of behavior is exactly why Americans got butthurt and voted for these clowns
the entire western world is united in an alliance for the first time in history, so I find people that want to destroy it for destroy it for stupid reasons to be irritating

Agreed. I wanna see Europe at military parity with the US and never put up with any shit from Washington.

Why a fucking primate cares about what happens in yurop? Dont you have mafias to give your organs to or trannies to blow?

Yes, I genuinely do. I just don't think the UK has a role in it and we'd be better off separate.

>that is how the USA is.
"no"

I want EU at military parity with USA so we stop having to fucking carry them everywhere and babysit them 24/7. You know.

the EU would be better with its own army and no mutts
destroying it nope but outside of Europe yes

We have a united government and regional cultures, do you deny that??

>something something mutts blah blah blah
yeah whatever you have nothing interesting to say

yes I do, they're all dying and will be dead by our grandchildren's generation. Go to New York City and besides the elderly everybody will sound the same as people their age in small town Montana and it's all due to having a united government. You're talking out of your ass.

>mfw he's gonna deny this

BS. They might "sound the same" as Montana but they sound very very different than people in rural Ohio and they act different too, going from Michigan to Ohio is like two different countries let alone down south or far east far west. You haven't traveled enough. Also shut up you are dumb.

So you're saying you want to see European cultures dead and mongrelised? Jesus Christ why are Yanks such Jewcunts?

>But is Germany using the EU to bully Greece?
>And then bullied UK when UK wants to leave?

Nobody was ever "bullying" anyone for fuck's sake.

Greece fucked itself on its own volition entirely and then came to EU for gibs. Is it bullying if your creditor doesn't forgive your your whole debt AND hands out more money AFTER you've publicly insulted him? I'd say the "help" for greece is following shitty economic ideology but it's definitely no arbitrary "bullying".
Nobody is bullying UK either. Or do you think it's bullying when you quit a club but want to keep all the membership perks and the other club managers don't want to give them out for free?

>ad hominem
I have Italian citizenship (my parents came from there), so I care about the future of Europe.

literally said the opposite boyo
reading comprehension

And this Muslim nonsense immigration is what is destroying it.

>It seems kinda a harsh

"Harsh" is what happened to your states that wanted independance.

Realised that after I posted it. My mistake haha. Sorry lads. Take back the Jewcunt comment, for now. As you were.

We love the EU so much that we have sent more than 1 million "refugees" towards Germany, France and Sweden, many times allowing them to pass through our borders illegally because we'd rather not wait for their asylum requests to get approved.

EU is fucking dead and I piss on its corpse

Illinois doesn't owe debt to New York. It owes debt at most to the Federal government. UNION means you are UNITED. One state shouldn't be set against another or exploit another state. UNITED.
And UK for whatever reason felt alienated. OK they want to leave. Now I see the article that says Germany wants them to suffer for their choice. It sounds scary to me. That is stuff I don't like.

No the cultures will still stay. Did united Germany destroy the local cultures of Germany? Did the local cultures of Italy die when Italy comes together? Is Scotland and England now the same culture? No. This is a total lie. EU being more united would mean better protection for the smaller, poorer states without compromising culture.

EU killed our industries. We were doing more than fine on our own before we joined, faggot.

But no it's not "bullying" - just the EU acting like it's supposed to act.

>So you're saying you want to see European cultures dead and mongrelised?
How the fuck does EU "kill and mongrelize" European cultures? Give me specific mechanism how this works.

Is that supposed to mean that only way to "preserve" european cultures is to build an impenetrable wall between every country and turn the continent into a zoo where nation states enforce "purity" of national culture, or how do you imagine that?

No, i despise the EU and i think that this country and many others should leave this horrible institution.

Yes

No, but I don't hate it either. I find it to be a very interesting concept, but I wish they would go further with it.

We didn't want the South to suffer. They attacked us first, then we fought back and made sure the Union is preserved. And that was after we were already united.

If American Samoa or Guam or some other territory wanted to break off, we would say "they should suffer". Come on.

>Now I see the article that says Germany wants them to suffer for their choice. It sounds scary to me. That is stuff I don't like.

Don't listen to anglo media about brexit. All those headlines were based on the fact that most Germans wanted EU to take a tough stance on brexit talks ie. look out for European interests and not compromise the basic freedoms of EU. A stance I support 100 %

No, I despise it.

how is it entirely horrible? There are aspects that definitely make sense but many which are pants on head retarded.

>We didn't want the South to suffer
LOL

I fully support this. I want America to return to isolationism.

Central EU government should be the one to help out Greece. Federal government should be carrying the majority of the burden, with individual local governments (Greek, German) being the frosting on the cake. Instead everyone has to carry almost all their own burdens and Greece owes Germany money? That makes no sense.

Your politics fucked up your industry by cheating your country into eurozone and then allowing your public sector to bloat.

>Illinois doesn't owe debt to New York. It owes debt at most to the Federal government. UNION means you are UNITED. One state shouldn't be set against another or exploit another state. UNITED.
What are you trying to say with these platitudes?
What happens when, say, California can't pay for its debt and defaults on it?
>And UK for whatever reason felt alienated. OK they want to leave. Now I see the article that says Germany wants them to suffer for their choice. It sounds scary to me. That is stuff I don't like.
Oh wow, you've seen an article so it must be true. Germany is not a bloody hivemind. I'm sure there are some faggots that want both their country and others to suffer over there.

i would just put this here

spiegel.de/international/europe/the-ticking-euro-bomb-how-the-euro-zone-ignored-its-own-rules-a-790333.html

stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=ANHRS

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Banana

That graph singlehandedly disproves "rationality" of financial markets desu.

Is the EU an Empire? Barosso thinks so.

youtube.com/watch?v=ssKuP14HNPg

Are you a loyal imperial subject or rebel scum?

Why does Portugal and Italy dislike the EU so much?

>What happens when, say, California can't pay for its debt and defaults on it?
We don't know, a state has never ever defaulted on their debts. It'd be totally uncharted territory. Every state helps each other and theirs no debts between state.

> Germany is not a bloody hivemind. I'm sure there are some faggots that want both their country and others to suffer over there.
thesun.co.uk/news/3301653/huge-majority-of-germans-would-like-to-see-brits-suffer-when-brexit-negotiations-start-next-month-according-to-new-poll/
Only 10% want to compromise with the UK. Why come? Isn't this supposed to be new Europe where people cooperate instead of hate each other?

They have taste

Italians dislike Italy too so the EU shouldn't take it too personally

Aren't Portugal and Italy poor?

Why is Greece even still in the EU?

They can't leave without rining their economy even worse, and no EU member can be forced to leave.

>We didn't want the South to suffer

Go fuck your entire self.

Yes, Niger level, Portugal is a lot better tho

>Every state helps each other and theirs no debts between state.
You are a complete federation and as such have a transfer mechanism where richer states pay into budget of the poorer. Although apparently that does not rule out possibility of default entirely.
>there are no debts between state
I wouldn't be so sure, unless there's a hard coded law against owning bonds of another state. In any case this is not really cause of debts between countries here either, it's a clusterfuck between private investors (who somehow deserve special protection from the state for some reason, like being "too big to fail"), european bailout mechanisms and sovereign states that absolutely had to bribe voters with retard tier deficits when their debt was unrealistically cheap.

>the sun
very credible source there; although if it were true it would spell poorly for future of european project. Not just in case of UK, but about the attitude in general.

Show me the poll where 88% of North wanted South to suffer and 10% want a compromise. We compromised REPEATEDLY with the South. We kept slavery up to the exact point Southerners tried to kill us come on.

>You are a complete federation and as such have a transfer mechanism where richer states pay into budget of the poorer.
Not directly. I've never heard of any state owing money to another state. Illinois is in heavy debt right now but life is good here because we don't have Germany telling us to pay up or smacking austerity onto us (austerity hurts more than it helps).

Do you support EU to have a central govt or not? If not, why not?

No I don't, I don't hate it either tbf.

I think us leaving is what they want and need as we're nothing but a brick wall preventing the EU from transforming into the fully federalised state it is aiming to be.

Good luck, Eurobros.

yes :3

>We compromised REPEATEDLY with the South

That's the whole point. The Yanks were too busy compromising to get it through their thick skulls that Southerners simply did not want to share a country with them any more. And when the South finally got tired of dropping hints and said "fuck you we're out", the North got assblasted and started stocking weapons and building forts inside Southern territory.

Inside American territory you dip and then Southerners attacked and murdered people. The South would be nothing but "North Mexico" if not for USA.

>Not directly. I've never heard of any state owing money to another state. Illinois is in heavy debt right now but life is good here because we don't have Germany telling us to pay up or smacking austerity onto us (austerity hurts more than it helps).
I agree that austerity is a shit thing to do in a recession, hence my reference to bad economic ideology beforehands. However the situation you are outlining is not comparable as long as Illinois can still get funding on the market or from the fed without breaking fed's rules.
Greece was forced to accept conditions laid out by Germany because our central bank is not by default allowed to finance a member state indefinitely, I don't know how that is with Fed, and so EU must have come up with new mechanism. And enough of its members, not just Germany, believed strictly that austerity is the necessary condition for help. Or "help".

The alternative was for Greece to default on its debt and return to its currency, which would in short term be even more painful for it than austerity (although in long term most likely better for future development).

>Do you support EU to have a central govt or not? If not, why not?
I support notion of central government for things like foreign policy and security matters. Recent terrorist attacks have showed that despite being in EU, cooperation between security and intelligence services is still shit. Also our border control is a joke. Border protection is mostly left to countries that are on border, like Italy, Greece, Hungary etc, which leads to moral hazard where they're expected to shoulder all the burden themselves. And then, unsurprisingly, you get shit like this. . I don't even blame Greeks for that one desu.

Common currency could also use an overhaul - or removal. Otherwise things like the Greek debt debacle can easily happen again.

t. Delusional narcissistic Yankee

Thanks for being very informative. You sound very thoughtful about this and I admit that I know my opinion is very simple based off the articles I see on the internet.

So it sound like you want the kind of govt USA had in our earliest days, with the feds handling mostly international affairs/military and the states handling most other stuff?

Yeah. Although at the end of the day it should be up to popular sentiment what degree the centralisation should have.

EU has principles of subsidiarity written right in its constituting treaties, but what that means in practice is decided in debates and agreements between national politicians and clerks and the commission bureaucrats.

As long as the commission (the bureaucratic "executive" government) answers to both council (of national governments) and the parliament (of elected representatives), I'll be content.