What a weird fucking movie. Ridley was promising a back to basics Alien but it was just more Prometheus...

What a weird fucking movie. Ridley was promising a back to basics Alien but it was just more Prometheus. There's no way Ridley wasn't just another George Lucas on Alien and Blade Runner with people behind the scenes limiting his retardation. So completely misunderstanding the mastercraft of pacing that went into making the first movie work they give you nearly the same exact scenes shot in a modern ADD style horror film. More blood. More gore. More screaming. More jump cuts and shaky cam. More cursing.

>that fucking spineburster scene where the girl slips on the blood while the other girl is running into walls and then the second girl slips on the same pool of blood and sprains her ankle

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/83357059/#83367633
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Couldn't keep track of all the damn characters. Like what happened to this fucker?

I liked it though.

Pretty sure that guy got his jaw slices open by the neomorph's tail

There were definitely some fairly decent bits.

The ending when she finds out it's him was good, though they probably could have made it more ambiguous whether or not it was David or Walter.

The Spineburster reveal was nice.

David's weird zoology lab was neat.

Anyone else surprised by how badly this shit on just simple lore? Like diehards bash Aliens for doing it but this just took massive dumps for the sake of convenience.

One thing I noticed was gestation and maturation cycles for the xenos just apparently don't mean shit anymore.

In the original it took a long ass time and then the baby alien had to find the food storage to grow to adulthood.

In this there's multiple aliens that all pop out at different times and then the real facehugger->chestburster xeno birth is almost immediate and then a quick jump cut to another character and back and it's full grown despite there being zero food sources for it.

Ridley clearly wants to be making sci-fi but couldn't give less of a shit about the Alien franchise. He's just using it as a vehicle.

To add to this the foreign guy who got facehugged didn't give birth till WAY the fuck later. They literally had time to sleep.

>inb4 Ridley fangirls performing fantasic contortions of logic to excuse the gaping plot holes

It was a shit film and you know it, faggots.

I liked Prometheus and even idk how you defend Covenant really. It had no idea what it wanted to be.

>>that fucking spineburster scene where the girl slips on the blood while the other girl is running into walls and then the second girl slips on the same pool of blood and sprains her ankle
I thought it was pretty funny that as soon as anything bad happened that chick just broke down crying.

This movie was a really fucking weird retread of old style horror tropes in a modern horror film and it does not fucking work at all.

David telling the captain go on look! Get closer! Look inside! When talking about the egg was another unintentionally hilarious part.

I'd almost think Ridley was intentionally making a shitty film to spite the critics of Prometheus if I didn't know better and know that this sadly IS Ridley trying.

>"Got a great idea for a new Alien movie bros!"
>does whatever the fuck he wants
>everybody hates it
>"THIS time it'll be great bro! It's even called Alien. It has an Alien crew and an Alien trailer and an Alien tomboy and everything."
>does whatever the fuck he wants
>tacks on 20 minutes of shitty Alien movie on the end
>everybody hates it

Ridley is too based for this world.

There were definitely some fairly decent tits.

That's some shitty looking food they're eating.

Daily reminder the Engineers wanted to destroy humanity because some asses killed Jesus 2000 years ago

Why didn't the Engineers develop an antidote to the black goo?

That seems like it would have been a smart thing to have given how unreliable those urns are at keeping the stuff under wraps

probably the same reason they have stone buildings

kek

>could have made it more ambiguous whether or not it was David or Walter
oh you missed todays thread on the Walter-David issue?

I did. What was it?

Not him, but pretty definitive that it was walter. He put into motion the entire plan.

Tldr, the fetus egg things prove it.

How the fuck does that even make sense

here my guy, enjoy:
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/83357059/#83367633

Walter was fucking with the fetus eggs at the beginning and put them back at the end, but infected.

This means walter brought the eggs planetside. Which means he most likely brought it back.

>Walter was fucking with the fetus eggs at the beginning
he threw the ones that went bad in stasis in the trash you dipshit

Nigga what. That was David planning to get on the colony and put his own genetically engineered eggs inside. He trashed the fucked up eggs

How the fuck would Walter have known how to infect and engineer these eggs.

t. brainlets played like a fiddle by based Ridley.

Never seen him do that, just into the thermos thing.

The same eggs, but infected, get put back. Pretty compelling.

I'm not sure of walter made it back, but he did, in my mind, bring the eggs down.

Which means he fucked the crew to do it.

>own genetically engineered eggs inside.

>>he, on a desolate planet, with extremely basic tools, created the exact same eggs that was on the covenant, and knew exactly where to place them, in the exact same spot the old ones were thrown away.

Seems real fucking fishy user

Is this the new Jar Jar was a Sith thing?

>Captain on the Covenant is a hardcore christian and his faith is a major part of the movie
>His lord and saviour was actually an ayylmao ambassador sent to see if we should be killed

What did they mean by this?

im literally laughing out loud at the plebs that came after watching the movie to tell us that they "spotted the twist right away". turns out the "twist" was a fake one, and that reality is even grimmer.

I thought the same thing while watching it. Walter takes out two embyos at the beginning and David puts two infected embryos in the same spot. It seems weirdly pottery

I did miss it but reading the comments in this thread I get the gist. It's a pretty neat point, and I think if they had spent more time developing that ambiguity and less time on the alien that gets on board somehow, it would have been a much, much better movie.

You never see him bring the eggs down and he'd have no reason to.

I think that Ripley tricked everyone into thinking it was "A" instead of the true "B", is pretty fucking genius.

Which twist are we talking about

You see the eggs being put back.

They didn't teleport

The movie would have been better if Ridley had been able to just make a Prometheus sequel, but the studio got spooked by all the criticism Prometheus got and decided that the best way to fix it was to force Ridley to insert xenomorphs and market it as an Alien movie, while doing nothing about the writing and sloppy editing that actually hurt Prometheus.

Didn't Mother call him "David" at some point after he put the remaining crewmembers into stasis?

How many roles will Fassbender play in Alien: Awakening?

He himself identified as David alongside his serial number if I'm not mistaken, with which then mother received him quite a bit too happy.

Nah, he changes his code to David blah blah random numbers.

But why would mother randomly accept command codes from some random Android? I think it was symbolic, but again I'm not sure if David or Walter made it back, just that walter took the eggs down.

Forget about David=Walter, is Mother who worries me, as if all AIs were in a huge conspiracy or something.

Weyland AIs are all bad.

Other ones, like the heroic fucker from aliens one, was made by another company. Saw that in the other thread.

Blew my mind.

that david switched places with walter.

First of all, he's Weyland-Yutani android and that's all Mother needs to know. I don't think she differentiates between them enough to give a shit.

Or Walter's ID may give him some benefits since he was Weylands personal fuckboy for decades.

David was made before the Weyland-Yutani fusion was made, wasn't he?

Shit, meant David's ID

I hope to god he's in a Xenomorph motion capture suit, just for the giggles.

>that's all Mother needs to know.

Perhaps. But I think mother is a "dumb ai". She did accept it instantly.

He did say "change" security code. So that implies he is still walter, just changing his name.

Idk really.

>which then mother received him quite a bit too happy.
the Covenant crews mision was rescuing David from the engineer planet all along.

Yes. Facehugger eggs.

I don't know about the thread posted here, but I remember in some other thread they explained that instead of changing clothes and cutting his hand off, David could just change chips with Walter or make a data migration. How? I don't know, is not like the movie has to worry about one more plot hole about it.

they fused.

>it was real in my mind

Fusion I'd possible, sure. Why not both? Lol.

The eggs were the same as the one walter took off the ship, just with little face huggers. There was major argument if it was a hybrid or an implant.

Either way face hugger eggs are Xbox huge comparatively.

The only thing that bothers me about this is that there's no establishing scenes in either movies, or hell, any of the movies, that show this is possible.

Each android was always show as independent without any linking or data migration abilities. Surely it's possible, but there's not a single line in any of the movies that points towards this.

I also really like the idea of David mutilating himself to appear as Walter.

I just want a film where David and Weyland talk about Wagner

Wut. It was real on the screen nigga. He took the eggs off, the eggs got placed back.

DAVID GET ME SOME TEA YOU GAY ROBOT.

DAVID!

There was only one bad embryo I just saw the movie two hours ago.

That shoots holes in the theory right there.

One would also think that maybe WY or the future in general has a standard size for fetuses, so it wouldn't be so weird for David to have the facehuggers on the right size or shape.

i busted out laughing during the flute learning thing

Imagine how lame it would be with an establishing scene.
"Here, David, are spare bodies for you. In case I won't be around anymore, you can put your chip in one of those"
*next scene introduces Walter*

The issue there is David's inability to create a fetus.

I seriously only remember the name of three characters out of that entire movie and one of them doesn't really count because he was from Prometheus.

>This movie was a really fucking weird retread of old style horror tropes in a modern horror film and it does not fucking work at all.

this

A fucking shower murder scene for fucks sake.

Is not like he has been messing up with the black goo and everything he can produce from there for 10 years, he himself said so.

literally an unwanted sexual arousal coping reaction.

>David telling the captain go on look! Get closer! Look inside! When talking about the egg was another unintentionally hilarious part.
For me it was infuriating since I realized Scott wanted to show a temptation of a religious man with a weak faith and the devil (david) making captain follow him and offering him an apple/serpent thing. Fucking old man has his head so far up his own ass even Snyder is jealous.

Black goo won't let you create a perfectly clear fetus sack, ready for implementation. That said, Is correct, he only removes one.

That said, he clearly has access to the featues

>One thing I noticed was gestation and maturation cycles for the xenos just apparently don't mean shit anymore.
I don't think they were the same xenos. It felt to me that they just keep slightly getting closer to the one we know so they can shit out another movie to keep people watching just to see if it's really gonna be the reveal of when they first arrived. Either way it's fucking stupid I'm sick of all this over explaining of a monster that should've just been an alien.

Am i the only one pissed at covenant effectively just destroying all the world building prometheus did?
>Spend all of prometheus building the engineer plot.
>Introduce the whole creator and creation theme
>David and shaw build a relationship on a similar theme
>Entire civilisation is god to the human race
>Kill them all of bar David in 5 minutes worth of scenes/exposition and pretty much make the entire prometheus movie pointless.
Mfw

>First of all, he's Weyland-Yutani android and that's all Mother needs to know.

>mfw Mother detected the xenomorph but somehow faked to notify the crew about the foreign android and the two micro machine alien embryos in him

He had Noomi Rapeface tho.

So he can bioengineer a facehugger but can't make an embryo?

*failed

Mfw no face

no spoilers, but do I need to watch prometheus before I go see this?

also how much longer is it gonna be in theaters?

>Mother: Well he is a Weyland android so anything he does and brings with him must mean good!

Sure, but you can't get a sac like that, it's not natural.

I think the aliens were doing what they did best, he was just fucking with them while they did their thing to get different results.

I don't think he was messing with them at a molecular level. Kind of impossible with what he had on hand.

It has a few elements from Prometheus but they explain most of them right there so unless you want more lore on it, is not really necessary.

>also how much longer is it gonna be in theaters?
It may survive Wonder Woman but you better go watch it as soon as possible I think.

Maybe he had his stomach covered with tinfoil to prevent Mother spying on his intestines.

Alien Covenant 2017 HD-TS X264-CPG

: o

>all the greats turn out to be hacks

This. Dammit Scott you're a fucking tease.

>HD
nice virus

I saw this movie today and was struggling to stay invested in the film. None of the characters were interesting enough to care about besides the Walter and David dynamic.

I only cared for Walter and Daniels, and Daniels got a pass just because she was the only sane one about not going to a weird planet they never got on the radar until now.

>he doesn't have a private tracker and virus's are actually something that enters his mind as a worry

eewwww

no it's legit, itll be on your babby sites soon

The whole movie was Ridley Scott saying "You fuckers kept calling my Prometheus characters retarded... I'll show you fucking retarded."

>Prometheus, characters take off environment suits and are chastised for it
Don't even wear them in Covenant

>Have a sense of fear and awe when confronted with the engineer bodies
Covenant crew trounces through a field of mutilated alien corpses and make no comment

>Prometheus, some of the crew have a healthy distrust of David
David walks everyone through a field of corpses, says "oh it's totally safe here", goes on to show them his murder lab, "hey look into this really sketchy and dangerous looking egg thing, it's really safe." Everyone trusts him up until they're dead from stupidity.

>The most retarded thing in Prometheus is Vickers not running sideways
Two identical robots distinguished by an accent are fighting each other to the death, one runs out victorious and they assume it's their good robot because he speaks american.

A fucking alien creature is suddenly loose on the covenant, they kill it, and never once ask how it got there and just waltz off to hypersleep while their murder robot tucks them in.

>there are no malicious files on private trackers

Keep telling yourself I got a virus, I'm watching alien kino as we speak

>A unpredictable celestial event fucks up the covenant and prompts the Captain to suggest an inspection into Walter and Mother

>An alien makes it's way onto the mothership without anyone noticing and they don't think twice about how it got there after spacing it.

>I'm watching alien kino as we speak
enjoy user

So the kinoclub's interpretation is that

>Walter took a single defective egg and put it in a hazard bin
>Disaster happens ships gets fucked they get the transmission and go to check the planet
>Walter thinks oh man a new planet! I better bring my lucky rabbit's foot! An aborted embryo!
>Walter eats the fucked up embryo
>David attempts to kill Walter and almost succeeds
>Walter kills David
>Pukes up the egg
>CLONES the egg and then bioengineers them both in the time it takes the other two characters to run from the ruins
>Swallows the infected egg and its clone
>Gets back on the ship
>Stays Walter the entire time up until putting her in stasis where he pretends to be David just to scare her
>Continues pretending to be David now
>Pukes the eggs back up

You guys are literally the most retarded people I've ever come across in my life.

>unpredictable

Actually its not. Look to the other thread.

Only walter said it was unpredictable as damage control.

I dont know why everyone were so mad about the no helmets thing this time. There were two major differences between this and prometheus:
1) These guys are not top notch professionals picked by Weyland himself, the're just volunteers, who agreed to travel to some distant planet and die there, who also have some useful skills for the trip
2) They arrived on the planet not to check on some ancient shit and fly home without dying and contacting anything - they went there to check if it's habitable for themselves. They were discussing where to build a house while strolling around. For how long were they going to hide behind ev suits before unpacking other colonists and deciding to stay? Wouldn't it be worse for them to travel around in suits, not discover the neomorph virus, and only contact it after waking up all other colonists and starting to settle?

Still can't explain the same type of egg being put back, when David had no means to create it. Those featues are not natural, and he did not have lab equipment.

I dint get why everyone thinks its retarded. When stuff like this happens I simply assume that their ship, which already detected a suitable planet, would simply inform them that the air is fine, clean and whatnot. Its fucking sci-fi.