Is there a lore explanation for why Elrond didn't cast Isildur into the fire when he refused to toss the ring into the...

Is there a lore explanation for why Elrond didn't cast Isildur into the fire when he refused to toss the ring into the volcano?

Beta Elf

No. But one could surmise that he didn't want to start a war between Elves and Men. Or that he did not want to slay is own kin.

elves are the jews of middle earth - cause all the problems, provide no solutions, complain about the white men who did the heavy lifting

My best guess is that Isildur was much bigger and stronger than a lanklet elf like Elrond, so it would have been impossible for Elrond to overpower him.

He was invisibru

>that he didn't want to start a war between Elves and Men

If they were the only people in the volcano, he could just say that Isildur fell

>Or that he did not want to slay is own kin

Elrond was elf, Isildur was human

>oh no we were dumb faggots who fell for an obvious illusion and now the greatest evil of our time has a way of channelling his power

>welp better blame men for this

>>oh no we were dumb faggots who fell for an obvious illusion and now the greatest evil of our time has a way of channelling his power

Not canon

His title is literally Elrond The Half Elven

I think it's because Isildur was now The King of Men, and Elrond didn't want to murder the human king. It would have been worth it, in the long run, but it would have resulted in war between Men and Elves.

Isildur would have rekt his halfelven ass thats why.

Remember he was a prince of Numenor, the guys that were about to sail to literal heaven and punch a bunch of gods in the dick.

Because that scene was created solely for the movie?

>who is Celebrimbor

>Remember he was a prince of Numenor, the guys that were about to sail to literal heaven and punch a bunch of gods in the dick.

And how did that work out? Not so good. Elrond is 6000 years older - with that much experience, fighting a human, even if larger, would be ez

>If they were the only people in the volcano

It's entirely possible there were other cunts outside of Sammath Naur and could've seen.

>Elrond was elf, Isildur was human

Elrond is half Elf. And Isildur is the descendant of Elros, Eldrond's twin brother who chose the gift of Men and accepted his Human heritage over his Elven one.

>No.
Why do fucks who've never read anything but fucking wiki articles pretend they know LOTR lore?

The actual fucking answer is they never fucking went into Mount Doom. Elrond and Cirdan said he should destroy the Ring, Isildur said fuck that he earned it as payment for his dead father and brother, and they all left.

Elrond and Isildur never went into the volcano. This is a just a scene the movie made up to quickly illustrate the situation and corrupting of the ring.

>push the guy
>the tower explodes
>the vulcan erupts
>everyone dies

literally no problem about possible witnesses or having to explain anything to anyone

The Numenorians had the Valar shitting their pants and they would have bumfucked them if it wasn't for big guy Eru coming and crashing their island with no survivors.

>Why do fucks who've never read anything but fucking wiki articles pretend they know LOTR lore?

OP was asking about the movie, not the books.

>watch an entire movie beginning to end, paying attention the whole time
>ask a question in regards to the movie
>YEAH WELL IF YOU READ THIS BOOK AND THIS BLOG AND THE BACK OF THIS PROMOTIONAL CARTON OF MILK...

get over yourself

No he fucking isn't because the "lore" of the movie is what's in the fucking movie!

>if you destroy the ring, Sauron wins

>Is there a lore explanation

FUCKING.

MORON.

This is a good, direct answer to OP's question
This is pretentious uppity bullshit

Both provide the same answer, yet are entirely different in tone and presentation.
Know the difference.

You need to either learn how Sup Forums quoting works or GO BACK TO FUCKING REDD.IT If you did, you would see I am no criticizing the OP for asking a question (though I totally could since this a b8 question that gets posted 5 times a week) but I am criticizing someone claiming to have the answer to the OP. FUCK OFF AND NEVER POST AGAIN.

Another complete reddit retard appears

a question revolving around the movie was asked and an answer revolving around the movie was given

you brought your retard thesis crap into it all on your own

Combination of not wanting to start a lot of shit with the entirety of humanity that was waiting right outside if he succeeded, and likely getting his ass killed instead

AGAIN you fucking redditor, you don't fucking ask a question about the fucking LOTR lore and not want book information.

Second of all, even if we assume that, then the fucking answer you're cock guzzling is WRONG ANYWAY, because the idea of Isildur and Elrond being related is book only information that never appears in the fucking movie!

Last post you worthless trolls get.

Lel. The books always take priority and in this case, they do answer the question.

First off that scene never happened in the books. Isildur simply claimed the ring as a prize.

Elrond would have EASILY dispatched Isildur, Numenorian or not. Not only was he a descendent of Finwë, whose line was renowned even among elves, but Elrond also wore one of the uncorrupted rings of power. He could have killed Isildur without any effort. I'm assuming he didn't either because he didn't want to risk a political shitstorm or just out of love for Isildur and hope that he will have the strength to resist the ring's will.

>Last post you worthless trolls get.
thank christ

Again, another shitposter who has read nothing but the wiki articles appears! Guess what, Elrond himself specifically says how his ring doesn't fucking help you in battle.

Fuck all your motherfuckers, I'm out.

>Fuck all your motherfuckers, I'm out.
How can we trust you after you lied about not posting again?

>Elrond would have EASILY dispatched Isildur, Numenorian or not. Not only was he a descendent of Finwë, whose line was renowned even among elves, but Elrond also wore one of the uncorrupted rings of power. He could have killed Isildur without any effort.

doubt.jpg

Isildur was a seven foot tall superhuman from an elite bloodline of kings, not some random Numenorian.

>The Numenorians had the Valar shitting their pants

Source?

It wasn't fiscally responsible, given Elrond's back taxes and how they could have split the difference on the Ring by claiming the deductibles.

>Isildur was a seven foot tall superhuman from an elite bloodline of kings, not some random Numenorian.

Who was descendant of an even more revered bloodline, which Elrond was still actively part of and was much closer to. Even (at first) when Aragorn tried to court Undomiel, Elrond told Aragorn that because of said bloodline that he was not even close to being a suitable match.

Samefag

>Elrond gave his foster-son permission to marry his daughter, on the condition that he must first become king of both Gondor and Arnor, for only a king would be worthy of Arwen's hand.

That's what Tolkien Gateway claims. I'm not disputing your claim though because I've only read the background books, not LOTR itself.

Cry more faggot

Someones upset

Why was boromir able to take 3 arrow shots and not die immediately but almost all the orcs die in 1 shot?

Elrond needed Isildur to sign the new trade agreement between Rivendell and Gondor

Boromir is a high level Numenorian just one notch below Aragorn in terms of purity of blood. He's pretty much a superman compared to the average human

>reddit spacing
>this assblasted
kek fuck off cunt

Because they didn't go to the crack of doom in the books, Isilder just cut Sauron's finger from his body and claimed the Ring for himself.

Would you try and kill the motherfucker who was holding the One Ring? Especially after you watched him defeat Sauron? Nevermind that they had been fighting for hours and hours and were probably tired as fuck. Also isildur was the first person to have the ring after sauron, so who knows, maybe he wouldnt turn all evil an shit.

>OMG THE REBBIT SPACING THE SPACING THE SPACING OMG HOLY SHIT REEEEEEE THE SPACING!!!!!!! THAT'S SOMETHING WE SAY HERE, RIGHT? R-R-RIGHT? I'M NOT SUMMER!!!

Manwe freaked out and begged Eru to intervene, who then broke the world from a flat earth into a globe.

Legolas is a far better marksman and also Boromir is wearing way heavier armour than the orcs. Also he's a special snowflake as pointed out.

Sounds like fan fiction garbage. Where do you come up with this?

le mad?

Also, in relation to bit about Orcs, it's usually because Elves' aim is pretty much on point compared to Orcs'. An Orc typically won't care about killing their opponent quickly. If anything, they like to make their victims suffer.

No, I just want you to fuck off back to 9gag already. Stop pretending anyone gives a shit about how you space a post. That's a relatively new thing here that came along with the rebbit obsession.

>no
>post is mad

So at least that gives a bit more sense why Elrond chickened out. Isildur was like a great nephew to Elrond and one of the last living human family he had so maybe he didn't have the heart to bitchslap Isildur for the ring after the bloody war. At least in context it makes sense.

>if you call me stupid, you are the mad one
Right If I win, I'm actually losing.

Isildur was a weak ass coward who tried to flee from a measly orc ambush and got what he deserved

>implying

>and one of the last living human family he had

Isildur had a brother. He also had a son who actually ruled Gondor and Arnor as King for a time after his death.

what am I implying? That you are retarded? Or that I'm not mad? Can you even English or greentext you dumb faggot?

>seething

>if you defeat them, they win
Keep spinning around in circles.

>reddit spacing

Because it's not just about physically destroying the ring, it's about rejecting its influence. Choosing to drop it and walk away. Simply murdering Isildur wouldn't destroy the power of the ring.

Look at the last scene of RotK, when the ring is destroyed, it falls into the lava and just sits floating on the top. It doesn't sink until Frodo takes Sams hand, finally deciding not to jump after in after Gollum.

Look at Bilbo, the least tainted by the ring despite holding it for 60+ years. Why? Because he's the only character, the only character in the whole story, to drop just it on the floor and walk away.

The ring is power, and thrives on people's lust for it, as long as people are obsessed with possessing it, it will survive.

That's my head-canon interpretation.

>seething

You are wrong on so many levels

typical rambling of a reddit spacer

Dude you fit in ok
Now dropeet

You don't need a head canon interpretation when Tolkien spells it out for you. Also, this is all unbelievably wrong.

If all elves are immortal, why do they look like they're at different ages? Why does elrond look like he's 50 but arwen 30 even though they're both immortal? Is this just a movie actor thing and they're all supposed to look like they're young?

Nope, Numenorean blood was long time diluted when Boromir was born. He have the same lifespan and body than any other Gondorian guy. Aragorn got a lot more of Numenorean blood in comparaison.

>The face of Elrond was ageless, neither old nor young, though in it was written the memory of many things both glad and sorrowful.

They stop aging when they're 25.

Nah, that's true. When the Numenorean navy went to Valinor, the Valars were really shitty themselves. I don't know why really, since they are fucking Gods but it seems the strenght of the army of Ar-Pharanzon was a bit overpowered.

>Is this just a movie actor thing and they're all supposed to look like they're young?

It's a movie thing. Elrond is described in The Hobbit as looking 'neither old nor young'.

Things can happen to them physically that wear and tear their bodies. Attacks from magic, like Morgoth's or Sauron's, can drain them. Many elves that were taken prisoner to work as slaves for Morgoth looked older than they were, after they were freed.

so uuhm how long do elf children stay children and what is the age of consent in Middle Earth?

>When the Numenorean navy went to Valinor, the Valars were really shitty themselves.

I don't see how. When the Numenoreans got to Valinor, they saw nothing. The Valar weren't shitting themselves, they were just confused because the Numenoreans were forbade from sailing west and nobody without the blessing of the Valar would ever be able to fully cross into Valinor.

Elves stop aging when they reach the top of their body (25-30 years old) but they might looks older if they experienced some traumas in their life (like Eldrond). They can actually die from sorrow or despair.

pedo, please leave.

Then why did they called Eru to save their ass if they weren't scared ?

Elrond never took him into the forge. That didn't happen. If it had they would have ended up killing each other for possession of the ring.

No one can ultimately resist the ring, especially not in the forge where its power is strongest.

The Valar weren't concerned, they just didn't understand why the Numenoreans couldn't obey a simple fucking instruction like "don't sail to Valinor". The fact that they wiped out all of Numenor in a matter of minutes kind of proves that they weren't really in trouble.

how is it pedo if they're 200 years old???

Except they did not, Eru did.

shut the fuck up about spacing, how do you know what it looks like if you never go there? shut the fuck up

when people post a fuckhueg wall of text, nobody wants to read that shit. you were calling a totally different person out for it earlier, shut the fuck up cunt

>Nope, you're wrong

Good talk guys.

>reddit spacer

I literally have no idea what that means.

Because they were friends and Elrond wasn't a cold-blooded murderer, you autistic idiot.

>Isildur cast it into the fire
>and your other ring

The dwarves are - literally - the jews of Middle-earth.

>this guy again
No, they aren't. How many times does it need to be explained how there is no intended allegory WITHIN the narrative of his books?

Fair enough. But you get what I'm saying, right? The Valar were not that worried for their own safety. Look at the stuff they did prior to the fall of Numenor. You think they were afraid of one island of humans?

Dude you pulled it out of your ass. It would take a whole page just to explain why your admitted head cannon is wrong, starting with bilbo being the only one to let go of the ring ( gandalf did it, bombadil did it, sam did it....)

Tolkien also elaborated on Jewish influence on his Dwarves in a letter: "I do think of the 'Dwarves' like Jews: at once native and alien in their habitations, speaking the languages of the country, but with an accent due to their own private tongue..."[11]

>Then why did they called Eru to save their ass if they weren't scared ?

They didn't? The Numenoreans being forbade to cross into Valinor was decreed by Eru. He sank Numenor because that was the consequence for their sailing west. The Valar should have absolutly nothing to fear from men. They fucking dragged Melkor off of Arda themselves and he was the big guy who would've completely wrecked it had they not finally stepped in.

in the books Isildur never takes the ring into mount doom, once he has possession of the ring, right there and then he decides to keep it.

Some more things to note, Isildur wasn't just a nobody king with a sword, he was Dúnedain warrior king. In a straight fight he might not have been able to kill Elrond but he would have held his own for some time. In front of a massive Dúnedain army Elrond would have had to start a fight, obtain the ring, and then force himself to destroy it- it just wasn't happening. The Dúnedain forces at Mordor greatly outnumbered the elves and amongst the soldiers there were some of the greatest Dúnedain warriors of the time.