Do you ever watch films you wouldn't have watched otherwise, just because an actor you like is in it...

Do you ever watch films you wouldn't have watched otherwise, just because an actor you like is in it? How does that turn out for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=91-7TWmO1e8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I watched a few movies because of a hot girl

1 of them was amazing, the other 2-4 were lame.

Who and which movies?

Alright so far. It helps that Sam Rockwell knows how to pick his roles.

lars and the real girl is enjoyable would recommend

>Michael Fassbender

I watch the place between the pines because of him, sucks he's not in it that long

I sort of assume films with Carrie Mulligan in them are good, or at least had the potential to be good.

I saw Bernie for Jack Black's oddball performance, I don't really LIKE Jack Black but I also don't watch Linklater because it's all slice of life crap.

It's weird how you included that still of Gosling from Lars and the Real Doll, because I saw that movie simply because I saw Drive. I liked it, it was quirky.

Oh I didn't mention that I enjoyed it a lot, I didn't expect such strong narrative storytelling from Linklater.

It's interesting to note how many other people you can find just by following one actor.

I originally saw Michael Fassbender in First Class, and his performance in key sequences blew me away. I wasn't expecting scenes like Magneto Hunting Shaw or the Satellite Moving, or the acting to accompany them, a credit to the writing and directing too.

So right from 2011, you can look back at performances like Inglorious Basterds (admittedly an awful film, but everybody involved in THAT scene was fantastic, including Tarantino) and especially Steve McQueen's Hunger. Shame follows later in 2011, Prometheus the year after, 12 Years A Slave and narration of "1" (a Formula One documentary, fantastic btw) in 2013, and Frank in 2014.

Then you get to 2015, and the renaissance has begin. Slow West, Macbeth, and Steve Jobs all in one year. Slow West reveals actor Ben Mendelsohn and director John Maclean. Macbeth introduces director Justin Kurzel, and his brilliantly haunting jazz musician brother Jed, as well as Sean Harris (who co-starred in Prometheus, and the later project Trespass Against Us). Steve Jobs becomes what is arguably Fassbender's best performance, utilizing Sorkin's script and fantastic co-star performances from Winslet and Jeff Daniels.

It just keeps happening. He comes in to give the only worthwhile performance in X-Men Apocalypse in 2016 and play a tragic gypsy in the aforementioned Trespass Against Us, where Brendan Gleeson and Sean Harris (among others) also shine. Followed by dual roles in Alien: Covenant, showing an even extended vocal range and some of that Shakespearean delivery between David and Walter.

Pre-release for The Snowman (presumably later this year) is pretty low key so far, but I'm optimistic given the source material and the crew as well as the cast.

I'll watch anything with JJL and have discovered some good movies because of it. Never would've seen them otherwise.

I'll only do this for Rita Hayworth or maybe Ingrid Bergman.

>be huge Gary Leonard Oldman fan
>oh what's this, "Nobody's Baby"
>Oldman is in it for ten seconds
>the film itself is an attempt by illiterates to plagiarize Rasing Arizona

watched his whole filmography

its Fastbender you idiot

I've got like 5 more to go.
Worst movie I've seen from him was Jack Reacher 2.

I believe it's actually Assbender.

I did this for Fassbender, watched all of his films. I even saw his terrible old stuff like Blood Creek and Angel

Watched all of my waifu's movies.

Even though they're in a foreign language.

No regrets. But only because they were objectively decent kinos.

Gotta take the good with the bad. At least in this case the good is actually great, and quite abundant.

I have seen every Mia Wasikowska movie, even her shitty Australian ones.

The Oranges. watched it for Alia Shakwat and Hugh Laurie, fell in love with it for being hebekino

Yeah. He's honestly a great actor and manages to make anything tolerable. I'm looking forward to his movie about Jack Unterweger

It's actually crazy how many good movies he's in.

I honestly forgot about it pretty quickly. I liked Sam Rockwell and Ana is kind of a qt but it wasn't anything that made laugh.

The trailer was cute AF

Lars is literally /our guy/ in this film. This is actually the only Ryan gosling I preferred because of how normal (chubby) he looks

yeah like every Sandra Bullock movie ever

Wish he'd work with PTA again, but that's up to PTA.

Have you seen Georgia yet?

I hate Anna Kendrick and will not watch any of her movies.

yes. It was absolute shit.

bump

Christopher Walken. I never would've watched Poolhall Junkies if he wasn't in it. The movie's ok, but Walken's scenes are amazing. The lion speech is perfect.

>WHOLE FILMOGRAPHY
B R A V O
I'm a big fan of cruise but not as BIG as you (you)

What kind of a ridiculous film embryo post is this?

goddamn it Brad.. is he gonna be ok bros?

>Unironically decide to watch Queer as Folk because CIA is in it
>CIA fucking men seems like it would be comedy gold
>Get two seasons in, no CIA yet
>Decide to look into when he comes in
>mfw when he's in the bong version.

I'm too far in to stop now. I figure I'll finish up the rest of the show then move on to CIA faggot kino

Whenever asked for suggestions on what to watch from normalfags I am always first to constantly recommend titles from the filmography of various waifus.

>watched a show because a meme fucks men in it
user, it's time to be honest about the reason you tuned in that show... you were curious about how your peepee would react to CIA eating ass. Men ass nonetheless

I turned it off after this happened. Does it turn out to be any good?

Not really sorry

Well congratulations, you got me caught.

I couldn't give less of a shit. Fuck, I hope CIA is the bridge I need to cross before I could start liking men. Make my life a lot easier.

You telling me this isn't kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=91-7TWmO1e8

Because I'm CIA. I'm Central. I'm Intelligence. I'm Agency. I'm a manlet, I'm a babylegs. I'm a shorty, beltyboy, aircraft autist, inquirer, I'm baned. I'm that arsetta bandit. I call Ittin. I'm a cargo pants arsed, hookedbelting, shitcuffing, mask puller. I grab the prize with Maimen. I power stand at the other side of the plane. I am Moses in the parting of the hooded dudes. I crash and I am crashed. I ask and I'm punched, I shoot them and throw them and every single hired gun's had the fucking worst flight of his life. And I'm Not, a hothead. if there's one big bastard in this flight plan, it's this large firestarter here. So congratulations, Bane. You got yourself caught.

I actually have Lars on my watchlist because the goose is in it

Nice sweater haha

I had a period in my life when I was obsessed with Chris Evans so I watched every single movie he was in searching for fap material.
He looked great in Cellular.