My Life Me Daily Dose, General Animesque Adaptation Bitch N' Whine Thread - COME IN WHILE IT'S HOT

Fanwhoring, Fanfic shit accepted too (keep it PG-13 or else the ghost of moot the cucked will assrape this thread)

Aside from living under my rock from the light of the everyday world, I eventually discovered this.

It's like the bastard child of Degrassi, the ass end of DA and Stickin Around. I love me some Stickin' Around but holy fuck Canada, what the fuck was this all about?

Can't there be something awesome made in this part of the world regarding attempts to adapting anime styles?

At least have Birch be this magical girl or make the school all like superhero high or something. This shit is pretty fucking tripe.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THIS SHITTY WANNABE ANIME

This show was made 10 years too late. It would've done even better back when the anime craze was a thing.

Thank you for your high-quality streak of animated shows Canada!.

Let me ask you about the highlighted one.
Is it really a girl? Are we sure?

What is this?

Because it looks like a simplified version of Svetlana Chmakova's faces.

>Svetlana Chmakova
IIRC, she's the art director on that show. Ah, Svetlana, how I spent many an afternoon in our public library crying fat weeb tears over your magnificent epic Dramacon.

I thought I detected her style. I guess I should at least take a look at it, in that case - even if I know full well that as just art director, she might not be able to stick her humor into the show as well.

It's really not a good cartoon, user. I gave it a chance because of the cute art style but... gosh, it really is just a big pile.

in b4 dickgirls

OP here. Read an interview with a co creator.

In addition to watching an episode, all I can say is fuck this show.

Everyone is meant to be selfish? Sorry, I can get behind a premise behind that but the one thing that drives that along is character development. Like what every animu has? Even the shitty ones.

I'm not gonna deny that Birch is a weeb but considering how garbage the overall show was handled, I would bet the show would end with her becoming like those burnout losers I knew in my high school anime club group that up and quit the hobby like throwing out a fast food wrapper. Mind you, there were artists in that group I even envied, and I still have yet to see anything become of them.

Excuse me. I need to take a shit.

You are 5 years too late to be complaining about this show. Like, seriously slowpoke.

>high school characters
>Why is everyone so selfish?
What kind of high school did you attend?

>Can't there be something awesome made in this part of the world regarding attempts to adapting anime styles?
ATLA and Steven Universe take inspiration from anime's visual design and themes while still being their own thing.

I was a weeb too, but anyone cool left after my freshman year. I was excited and more curious of what made the medium tick, but a lot of them were like these smarmy smartass nerds and half gothy pricks with attitude problems. I had a lot of friends, but if there was something do fret about those days, it was to admire those assholes as the "cool kids" in my eyes.

I had cable and satellite TV before the rise of Youtube, and even then in the late 2000s I had never heard of this. Be honest, this is an obscure but still garbage show.

I'm asking about traps, not dickgirls.

I just checked out the first two episodes of this.
It's stupid, but it made me chuckle.

I'll probably watch the other episodes at some point.

It's literally dA turned into a show.

Not obscure on Sup Forums. For reasons that are quite silly.

Good luck finding them all in English.
Apparently nobody bothered to record the entire show.

So was the excuse for "pods" was just so that the loser weeb girl could have friends?

No one's gonna suck your dick for being on Sup Forums longer than anyone else here.

I'll bitch all I want about this shit show. Try and stop me.

I think it is. I don't see any people other than "normal male/female onlooker" and "stereotypical cheerleader bitch". Other than that I think we can chalk it up to bad writing.

>Good luck finding them all in English.
Thanks, user. Now you've got me in a minor panic to snatch up all the episodes I'm finding on Youtube.

>OP here.
>In addition to watching an episode
I expected you to be one of those guys back in 9/11 2011 who marathoned the show on the stream.

It was pure glory. All the banter, the creator calling us "sea of tiny boners". It was amazing.

I haven't had so much fun in Sup Forums since then.

I just watched a few episodes. I liked it. The animation is terrible, but the comedy is my thing and I like the characters. It may not be great, but it's not terrible, which puts it above probably 90% of the other cartoons currently airing.