Is this one of the greatest non-cape comics ever?

Is this one of the greatest non-cape comics ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1985/11/18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why did you even specify non-cape comics? As if all of the greatest comics ever is capeshit. You're a goddamn embarrassment.

What's the point of this thread? You already know it is

The only other expectation is contrarians coming in for a quick meme

That would imply that cape comics are good.

Fantastic comic that not even co could hate.

It's the best.

read more comics, bud
and yes

>implying cape comics can even compete with this
lol

It's up there lad

Where can I read it at? Never knew of its presence outside the internet

>Is this the greatest comic ever?

FTFY

But Calvin and Hobbes IS a cape comic!

>winnie the pooh rip off
>good

>Calvin and Hobbes is cape, slice of life, comedy, action/adventure, and sci-fi all rolled into one.

How can other comics even compete?

>This depiction is how Bill Watterson legitimately views the effects of cape comics on kids.

I've read a lot of comics from the Newspaper. I still have books that I bought of many of them, as a kid.

Reading them as an adult, they all follow a specific formula, and get stale really quick.

Reading Calvin and Hobbes as an adult, you can understand the deeper topics of the series.

IE: Calvin and Hobbes is fucking brilliant, and Bill Watterson is a cool man.

It's also horror.
No, he thought Stupendous Man was cool.
If you want what he thinks of cape comics, look at his strips about actual comics. He has gone record as saying "You can make your hero a sociopath, you can draw gut-splattering violence, but comic books are still incredibly stupid." (source - 10th Anniversary)

Don't forget noir

gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1985/11/18

Tracer Bullet is Calvin's best fantasy.
>My desk has two magnums in it. One's a revolver, and I keep it loaded. The other's a bottle, and it keeps ME loaded.
>Snooping pays the bills - especially Bill, my bookie, and Bill, my probation officer.
>I've got 5 slugs in me - one's lead, the rest are bourbon.
>I'd planned to take the day off and spend time with a couple of buddies. My buddies travel light and they're fun to have around. One travels in a holster, and the other in a hip flask.
>She was the pushy type, the kind who'd break your heart, or maybe your arms
You need to be 18 to post here.

>My desk has two magnums in it. One's a revolver, and I keep it loaded. The other's a bottle, and it keeps ME loaded.

I always thought this was the coolest fucking line.

Favorite one is with his mom and the broken vase.

The transition from Calvin's imagination to real life is just hysterical.

>My friend is an eloquent speaker. He made three profound arguments while I excused myself from the room. I always leave when the talk gets philosophical.

Damn, can't help but imagine if Watterson made a spin off of a serious Tracer Bullet comic.

>second strip, second panel
>it's a "6-year-old-child references scientific theories rooted in racism" episode

> assumes I'm not 25 years old
> assumes that I haven't been lurking this board fir several years now

>brags about being 25

Yes. Yes it is.

And we'll never see its like again.

lmao. cool mate.