What has to go wrong in someone's life to make them a leftist? Lack of a father figure? Testosterone deficiency...

What has to go wrong in someone's life to make them a leftist? Lack of a father figure? Testosterone deficiency? Or is it just a mental illness we should be researching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vf-k6qOfXz0
youtube.com/watch?v=FtA21eiSmT8&t=2m05s
youtube.com/watch?v=SsMU77TwYM0
berniesanders.com/open-borders-a-gimmick-not-a-solution/
youtube.com/watch?v=JDLAUmqp8f4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What has to go wrong in someone's life to make them a leftist?
Actually experiencing life outside mommy's basement.

Poor bait, this will be your only (you), now get the fuck out of my thread you mentally ill leftist

Peer pressure, eh. Being a leftists is the cool moral thing to be

I'm not talking about the fucking SJW scum. If you want an echochamber go to tumblr or reddit, you inbred redneck and let the discussion be done by adults.

Im center left AMA.

I have thought of this myself op. To me it seems like leftist have some profound mental illness that we may never understand.

depends on what you mean by 'leftist'.

if you're referring to the in vogue 21st century leftism, the cause is materialism and the need to show off to others

if nobody could take credit for their own feel-good lefty pandering, there would be no SJWs. it's a directionless dickwaving contest that's slowly evolving into a religion (or, more accurately, a cult of many personalities)

hedonism

and they dont even know it themselves

>Lack of a father figure? Testosterone deficiency? Or is it just a mental illness we should be researching?

this has nothing to do with being as leftist, stop proyecting please whitey.

Modern lefties are spoikt kids. They believe stuff exists for everyone because they have never had to work. They believe in hate speech because their parents refused to ever criticise them. They believe in open borders because they only experience diversity on holiday.

For girls it is trying to fit in. Whatever they see on Facebook they will agree with.

How should I know my political preferences. Drop me some test or something.

Development of empathy, usually.

It's very easy to lose your sense of empathy when you have minimal human contact, for instance when the only person you see is your mom when you leave the basement for chicken tenders.

The same can be said of the right wing ideology. Limiting yourself to one political branch is idiotic. Optimism vs. pessimism can only get you so far.

This thread is cancer. Failing to find positive things about people who you disagree with on some topics is indicative of a morally and cognitively underdeveloped mind.

The need to identify those you disagree with as universally and totally 'bad' or 'defective' indicates a lack of conviction in relation to ones own internal beliefs.

Prolonged exposure to leftist news, media, school system with leftist views being the status quo and normal state of affairs.

Is it that hard to comprehend?

Many of them start at a young age.

>I'm talking about leftists BUT NOT THOSE LEFTISTS DUMMY
nigga...

>Lack of a father figure?
check
>Testosterone deficiency?
check

I spent my whole life heavily to the left. Then I stopped hating myself and got in shape. I stopped being depressed and quickly became a conservative.

Call and find out yourself...

Both of these.
People are leftists from childhood. No grown man suddenly wakes up one morning and decides he wants to be a cuck.
Children's minds are like sponges and they're conditioned from the earliest age.

People who are far left are pretty much defective though, they are unable to tolerate anything that remotely disturbs their worldview. If you look at someone like Peter Hitchens, who is incredibly conservative, you see someone who is willing to debate even his most staunch critics (see:literally every question time and the russel Brand newsnight interview). This shows a developed mind to me, a lot of far left commentators like Owen 'Poz the neghole' Jones simply can't tolerate dissenting opinion without traipsing off like a fairy in a huff.

I agree that there are incredibly intolerant people on the right wing but from what I've experienced, they are more open to debate than their left wing counterparts.

you are the idiot

you are just afraid to take a position, therefore you play: all is the same and bad MUH

You are just a faggot. Now go and gas yourself

So what you are saying is there a category of underdeveloped zealots who cannot tolerate dissent, discussion or debate in a mature manner, and that despite certain tendencies, these tend to occur on both sides of the spectrum?

Also, political 'commentators' are generally click bait seeking hacks at this point.

Our entire system is run by the types of people we are talking about and this is why we cannot have nicer things.

>taking a position means surrendering your critical faculties or ability to form an independent opinion...

Just media brainwashing mate. That is all that it is.

It would be more interesting to ask what makes some people question the media and not succumb to enticement.

WALL

Constant exposure to false information, that is what creates leftists or at least those who are apathetic.

Affluent leftists live in a bubble and never experience life outside of their gated communities and good parts of cities. They never experience the racism and hatred that underclass leftists have for them. If they do, they delude themselves into believing that they deserve it because of past transgressions. These are the SJWs that invent problems to claim moral superiority.

Union leftists pretty much just vote for increased wages, benefits, and higher taxes for the wealthy and don't care about the SJW crap. However, the left also favors open borders which decrease wages and take jobs from union workers.

The rest are just niggers that want as much welfare as they can guilt out of the productive portion of the population. These are often foreigners that refuse to assimilate.

If you're a conservative before 30 you have no heart.

If you're a liberal past 30 you have no brain.

It's always been this way.

reasonably high levels of education and empathy

>posting a logical comment in a JIDF D&C thread on Sup Forums

You're either with (((them))) or you're with (((us))), goy.

Lack of experience in the world, generally speaking.

You will never find a single white person happy to live around black people after they have spent their time in a ghetto.

Its always been a matter of time.

I think fags should be allowed to get married and marijuana should be legal. That's about as far as my liberalism goes. Other than that, I think Islam is slowly killing the west, we need better border control, illegals are bringing the minimum wage down and taking jobs from unemployed youth, and I believe in small government and letting states decide on most issues.

My ideals of free speech and anti censorship was under attack by the right. I also thought gays should marry if they want to since I don't care but I didn't realize that was the first step in a slippery slope to what we have now.

I also didn't like how the right wing handled the middle east conflicts and thought the left might do better (they didn't). I saw a lot of corruption in right wing governments and I wanted that gone but knew that the left wing would also have corruption although I didn't expect it to be so much worse.

Now the right is defending free speech and sanity. Voting for trump.

My dad left when I was 7 and I have autism. I consider myself lefty, but am starting to question it.

it's literally just the society and media
I was a complete leftist who hated republicans and the right for no other reason than that was the norm and what muh TV shows and cartoons implented into my brain
Then I started educating myself on politics, reading the news and started noticing all the cultural marxist propaganda literally everywhere in the media and advertisement, and now I despise shitskins and wish hitler would have won

>my dad left
So I was right. Leftism is caused by daddy issues

>correlation = causation
>anecdotal evidence
wew lad

Nobody who has worked with the shitshow of humanity in any customer facing position would say that.

I was a leftist because I was being exposed to new ideas quickly and wanted to sound intelligent by mimicking those who were respected. The reality is that leftist ideas sound great but they are easily outgrown because they are often unrealistic

I am leftist and liberal. Why? It's mystery, considering things went so well with me. Why would I stand for the weak? Why not mind my own business and thing everyone else can do the same? I was born in successful family. But I got known to people who didn't do as well. They weren't as lucky as me. Young men with social anxiety, people with health issues, people with poor parents. And I realized I don't care about wealth, since a stable society is more important to me. I want everyone to have a chance to get good education. I prefer equality over my own success. I care more about the people around me than myself, which is why I chose career as social worker to help people instead something that I could just build wealth with.

I was a leftist myself. The moment I had to confront the world on my own and take on responsibility that dropped almost immediately. I always was a leftist because it was the "good" opinion to have and you want to appear generous and tolerant.
I even believed this myself, but at the end of my studies I began to question my beliefs with a simple "why?". Why do I actually hold these beliefs and how did I acquire them?
I began to read different newspapers from all over the world and started to question positions that were taken for granted in Germany (EUphoria, diversity). When I started my PhD I quickly had enough of this good-doer shit that doesn't even do any good.
So pretty much this: Probably a lot of this.

>What has to go wrong in someone's life to make them a leftist?
I know when I had a major illness (cancer) I became considerably more left leaning. Most of the left leaning people I have known were physically ill or mentally broken in some way.

It's no coincidence that leftists love to talk about "healing the world" and "accepting differences". It's due to their subconscious inadequacies.

When I started introspection, I realised that most of my political preferences were only things that would just so happen to benefit me at the time.

>So what you are saying is there a category of underdeveloped zealots who cannot tolerate dissent, discussion or debate in a mature manner, and that despite certain tendencies, these tend to occur on both sides of the spectrum?

Yes, however the left wing zealots tend to be given more legitimacy by the media. I've seen complete hyperbolic drivel trending on social media just because it fits in with the social zeitgeist. Right wing people who fit into the same box would be charged with hate speech in my country for expressing themselves in the same way.

I want both sides, idiots and all, to be able to express themselves because I believe in freedom of speech and thought overall however this does not happen in the UK because the opinions of far left wing opinion generators are given the legitimacy of facts, whereas the facts of moderately right wing political analysts are given the legitimacy of opinions.

you are more of a classical leftist. Not a modern leftist.
Like in the traditon of the catholic social teachings.

>Lack of experience in the world
I could say that other way around as well. I use Ben Shapiro as example of person who leans right. While I understand why he thinks this way, I also don't think he has much experience in the world. He has experience in his own Jewish bubble of success. He thinks everyone is capable of same things as long as they have the right attitude. As a leftist, I don't believe in this American mindset. And I'm ready to share to guarantee the stability.

Sounds to me like you're just looking for attention, fame and recognition. For people to point you out and say "That guy is a good person. He does so much good." You're using the liberal left stance just to make yourself feel good and inflate your own ego. This is actually a very common thing liberal leftists do. They don't actually care about helping the unfortunate, they pour in the effort to help them just so they can be on a high horse and bask in the sunlight while being praised by people around them.

Liberals listen to everyone around them. They want to be liked, because they are kind and naive.

Conservatives learned at some point that everyone around them is a self centered asshole, and started listening to themselves.

So when we have an election like this, liberals are like "Everyone is telling me to hate trump, and white males are evil." And of course those people who are telling them are loud, self centered assholes.

Conservatives on the other hand listen to that very obvious voice in their head that's saying "Trump may be a giant moronic egomaniac, but Clinton is literally a criminal" and pretty much riding with that.

This is a stupid statement. I work as a mental health nurse, where a highly developed sense of empathy is a core requirement of the job, not just a preferred positive character trait and the vast majority of people who have worked in that environment are moderate to far right.

You are able to see through bullshit when you work in a job where you have to see all the worst sides of humanity on a daily basis. I think a lot of lefties confuse compassion with empathy because they feeeelllll love for everyone but don't have the life experience to understand why their world-view is impractical and naive.

It is almost always a lack of father or a beta father.

this. being leftist feels good, they think they're saving the world but in reality it's the opposite

I don't even use social media. Why it's that you immediately expect the worst of people? I've noticed that my mindset, which is very common in this country, works. Why I would change the working system? We've had right-wing government for a long time and things are getting worse, and these people want us to become like America. We leftist don't want that.

As for liberalism, I simply support freedom speech, religion, press and democracy. But liberalism is right-wing ideology as well.

>inbred redneck

Such a fucking leftist (SJW) thing to say.

Brainwashing.

Capitalism and consumerism are hedonism. I guess you want to live in society like America that made Elliot Rodger go crazy.

Also, lot of you seem to think that things like open borders are leftist ideology. Well it's not, right wing's dream.
youtube.com/watch?v=vf-k6qOfXz0

Many people on the left see an exact reverse image of what you are describing.

Also, I like to read the worst click bait in guardian opinion pieces and then check the comments for sensible chuckles.

The most ridiculous of 'socially conscious' far left drivel is usually eviscerated in the comments, even within the tower of babel that is the guardian...

Would you agree that the leftists he's talking about are these:

youtube.com/watch?v=FtA21eiSmT8&t=2m05s

And that these are prime examples of people who ought to be killed? Voltaire can only get you so far in life until you encounter people with disagreeing "opinions" that are just at that point of idiocy in which society itself starts to ignore sound reasoning are logical arguments.

this is a pretty good assessment. they want to show off how much "good" they do for others with somebody else's money.

Because I can accept the America of old isn't coming back. It is no longer reasonably possible to work straight out of high school (inb4 weldingfags) and any form of higher education is hella expensive. Given that Trump doesn't seem to have a concrete plan for this and also wants America to commit economic sudoku, I have no choice but to vote otherwise.

Also, while I hate the regressive left and SJWs, they're nowhere near as bad as the Christfags were. The only things I agree on conservatives with are gun control and dealing with Islam.

it's entirely due to indoctrination

if economics was a required course in high school and college we would not have the leftist problem we have today

Actually not encountering/living through any problems throughout their puberty. Most lefties are middle/upper-middle class people who have never had any real challenge in their life.
Then there's the gibmedats people who vote for left.

I've been no better than lower middle class, currently a single father and a student. Late 30s. Going out tonight with a beautiful, blonde girl 13 years my junior (and by beautiful I mean 9+/10).

Sure, I'm intelligent, well spoken and attractive which you probably need all of to compensate for lack of money/success but surely there are at least steps that losers like Elliot can take to at least pull in some solid 6s.

I pretty much fall into the union leftist category. The problem is the left has forgotten about its roots (even though I support shit like fag marriage and abortion rights multiculturalism is fucking retarded).

>but surely there are at least steps that losers like Elliot can take to at least pull in some solid 6s.
Elliot's problem was that he was forced to fit in sick, shallow American society that is product of right-wing policies.

I czan't really undertsand what your point is and I never said anyone ought to be killed.

Also, I have given up whatever hope I have for society writ large. And I didn't have much to begin with.

Trying to see your point here bruh, but so far I am failing.

Sorry.

People on Sup Forums are too young to fully remember the last time the right had power.

I suppose I'm talking more about what gets supported in telivised debates (Question time etc.) and what get's promoted by centrists and left leaning centrists on social media. Anything that makes them feel good and promotes their world view that everything is fine and the bad right wingers are idiot nazis get's passed around.

I've read the clickbait articles too and yeah, the comments are usually more articulate and caustic than the articles but those comments don't get trending on twitter, the articles do.

This is a perfect example of the two sides clashing:
youtube.com/watch?v=SsMU77TwYM0

apologies if I'm speaking incoherent shite btw, I'm just off work and I'm fucking nackered but due to my deep, layered autism I'm discussing the left/right political divide on the politics board of an anime forum instead of sleeping like a normal person.

Yup.

>Failing to find positive things about people who you disagree with on some topics is indicative of a morally and cognitively underdeveloped mind.
>People who are far left are pretty much defective though, they are unable to tolerate anything that remotely disturbs their worldview.
>So what you are saying is there a category of underdeveloped zealots who cannot tolerate dissent, discussion or debate in a mature manner, and that despite certain tendencies, these tend to occur on both sides of the spectrum?

Ok, maybe not kill per se, but I think he means and understands that despite finding some value in some of the things far leftists believe in, these (like in the example) have gotten to the point where they have convinced the majority that feelings are to be taken over logical thinking (which can be applied some times, but not all the time). It's here when you can no longer be tolerant with these people, because their opinion and power leave no room for arguing against it (somewhat unlike the far right, which tends to be more inclined to logical thinking and can be therefore beaten using solid arguing).

Basically, even though far-leftists do have some redeeming qualities, their existance endangers the rise of opposing views to theirs, so it is then that we should stop tollerating them (because you can no longer argue agains them, like in the video, now imagine that not being some shitty television program but instead parliament and/or congress).

Usually jealousy or guilt (for being too well off, hence all the middle class lefties).

All the people they look up to are leftists, parents/teachers/actors/musicians etc

I have to go sorry bro, but the clash happens all the time and instead of making positive changes on things we can all agree on, we look on with the same fascination grown Americans have for pro wrestling.

Politics has changed into pure spectacle, where the choice between pepsi and coke, or crips and bloods, is more important than actually coming to terms with the problems we face or developing strategies for actually improving our lives.

Sux man but it is what it is.

Anyway, we could have a beer together and talk about this stuff reasonably despite whatever disagreements we might have, I am sure, and that gives me some measure of hope, as misguided as it may be.

>They believe in open borders because they only experience diversity on holiday.
Open borders is a right-wing idea. It's exactly what Koch brothers want.
Read: berniesanders.com/open-borders-a-gimmick-not-a-solution/
>“Open borders” is a recipe for the further commodification of human beings. It treats people as economic inputs to be moved about the globe at the whim of global capital. It is neither rational nor humane, and it has yet to receive the thorough public debunking it deserves. We need a systemic solution to global wealth inequality, rather than intellectual gimmicks designed to promote exploitation and sow confusion.

Why is he only interested in the cream of the crop? I mean, I sympathise, I can't bring myself to stay with those 6s for very long, no matter how nice they are or how much they compensate knowing that I'm out of their league but I also know that the best of the best, the rich beauties with no mental issues are out of MY league and would treat me the same.

If the little dick had asked out a girl somewhere in the same ballpark as he is then he would've at least had someone to break his drought with and those low 6s will cook, clean and suck your dick because you've paid them attention (except the "confident fat girls" don't touch them).

Instead he goes on a fucking spree killing because the 10/10s don't notice him? I'd say millenials are just fucking delusional and need to be told by their fathers what women they should be aiming for. Skinny little hapas are not going to pull an Aryan goddess like he wanted.

The common thread that I've heard is that they all spent a lot of time in Daycare and have traumatic experiences for it.

Major trust issues, they think all forms of altruism and kindness must be forced (likely because they're projecting how much of a dickhead they are)

I think it's people attempting to apply idealistic thinking in a world where it's not possible to implement it.

>All races should get along and be equal
Conflict is inherently in humanity's nature
>Nobody should be poor
There are finite resources
>The government should solve all of the problems and only have the people's interest at heart
Corruption and greed is inherent to humanity

It's because of these sweeping idealistic thoughts is why I have a hard time relating to anyone on the left. People on the far right are just as idealistic, but the left is more prevalent.

No worries man, yeah I think we could have a conversation that escalated to a raised voiced debate and still leave on civil terms. That's what democracy is to me.

>take a moderate '''''''''''''''''''''''centrist''''''''''''''''''''''' back to the early 20th century
>''wow this lenin guy is clearly a far-right populist and I wouldn't support him''

But Elliot didn't want a girlfriend, he wanted to live certain kind of lifestyle he had been deluded into accepting as the "right way".

Daycare.

Its probably actually being left-wing and not a capitalist "ME" fetishist. I mean are you really going to stand there and fall for the meme that Hitler wasn't left-wing?

>topdown control
>had entitlement programs
>had environmental initiatives
>syndicalist economic organization

Capitalism is really what is wrong with society. Corporations are building up people's individuality in order to organize them into lifestyle brands which can be marketed to and in turn create an extremely divisive social climate. This is further exaggerated by the idolatry of money and the decadence that it represents, encouraging people to abuse eachother in the blind pursuit of luxury.

Meanwhile many unexceptional individuals are having trouble coming to terms with being made overmuch concerned with their own individuation and become indefinitely locked in the system of the psychiactric industry where they are given dangerous psychoactive medications and treated more or less like children. Furthermore this system also only further exasperates their preocuppation with selfhood.

The jews have promoted a convincing myth with the concept of the political spectrum. The idea is that the position which is ultimately more sane, the one of personal repsonsibility and active concern for society is ultimately also to be associated with capitulation to an abusive plutocratic power-structure. Meanwhile the left-wing is associated with decadence, handouts, licentious behaviour, the cult of individuality and by way of this the sane write off true leftism, not seeing this kind of decadence as a product of capitalism. The real redpill is breaking free of this narrative and seeing that the most beneficial system is one which synthesizes conservative social principles with economic centralization.

He deluded himself into thinking that, but if he wanted adoration and easy lays from top shelf pussy then he was way beyond delusional. Even money isn't going to get you that, if he won that lottery I bet he would've wifed the first hot blonde gold digger that came his way and lost it all.

There is a real issue with the feminization of the youth today, whiny, entitled and demanding. I'm getting sick of seeing skinny little betas and fat fuck chicks walking hand in hand. THAT is why there are so many leftists, because leftists are betas or women and the 'system' is creating as many betas at it can. (And I don't mean solid provider men of the 50's, still 'beta' but honourable and strong in their own right).

Nothing goes wrong that is the problem. They are sheltered wealthy who think to idealistically and have never had to deal with real problems.
When you live in the rich hills of cookie cutter house vill, it's hard to grasp why anyone would need a gun for self defense.

For me it was watching a lot of Star Trek. They made me realize the positive future we could have if we focus on helping others instead of destroying them and letting everyone fend for themselves. Imagine what a wonderful world we could live in if all our needs were provided for and we could live our lives doing what we like instead of what we're forced to.

>graduate and can't find a job
>get welfare instead of ending up on the street
>finally get job
>get sick
>don't have to pay for medical procedures when have no money
Gee, I wonder why I love the left so much.

So you think everybody should live under a leftist government just because you are a sickly loser who can't find a job?

>because leftists are betas or women and the 'system' is creating as many betas at it can.
Do all homeless, unemployed and working class fall to this category as well? Because they don't trust the bourgeois, as they shouldn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=JDLAUmqp8f4
Would you call this Strayan gentleman leftist or right-wing guy?

This

I think the fact that people are progressives or leftists proves that nothing really bad in their life has happened.

empathy is literally insane.

empathy is the corsican brothers.

More like just because you're 100% healthy and never been unemployed, doesn't mean everyone should live under a right-wing government.

Former lefty here.
For me it was thinking with my feelings.

10 FEET HIGHER

But isn't that exactly how right wing treated Brexit voters? They couldn't understand.

Here's a quote by the leader of our Left Alliance(which I don't support in all cases).

>Listening to the Brexit-discussions in Kultaranta, I realized what a huge loss of prestige a possible Brexit is for European right-wing liberalism.The EU, which, for many, has symbolized the success of an open and constantly integrating market, is now falling apart due to its own internal pressures. A large portion of the Union’s citizenry is unhappy with the Union, and it seems these same right-wing liberals are having major difficulties in understanding what causes this unhappiness. One MP from the center-right National Coalition Party described the referendum as a “horrible mistake” and, during a panel discussion, Brexit supporters were referred to mostly as “nationalists”.

>Analysis of Brexit focused mostly on institutions and decision-making structures. The participants offered a view that pits a progressive, internationalist EU against insular nationalism. Herein lies the major flaw in thinking.

>At the moment, the EU is suffering from a massive crisis of legitimacy. As I see it, this is essentially caused by policy. The social cost of the Eurozone crisis has been incredibly high. In Northern Europe, people have endured the injustice of having been forced to participate in saving the banks. In the South, vicious cuts to wages, pensions, social security and services were forced on people from above. This has caused wounds that will take a long time to heal. Unemployment in the countries hit by the crisis has skyrocketed to an unsustainable level. Even in the rest of Europe, the EU has not presented itself as an actor that could protect its citizen’s welfare in a globalized world. Member states compete among themselves to lower their tax rates and cut wages, and tax havens are still allowed to operate despite years of public deliberation on the matter.

Of all people the Unabomber is the one that opened my eyes to what makes Leftists like that, I actually was one when I read his manifesto and it described me so clearly that it shocked me out of it

This.
It all has to do with vitue signaling
Social media has allowed everyone to feel immensely important and has made narcissism an acceptable character trait.

The majority of people in both yours and my country are healthy and employable so yeah I do. I don't really give a shit about bottom feeders like you, it's your job to elevate yourself not mine.