Doesn't grow 50ft tall outside of a shitty dream sequence

>doesn't grow 50ft tall outside of a shitty dream sequence
>doesn't turn his hands into guns
>could have nuked the planet but didn't
>gets his butt kicked by Quickmemer
>built up as the god of mutants and """supposedly"""" could destroy the X-Men with a thought (but doesn't)
>controls sand (the thing Anakin hates)

Why was Apocalypse so lame? Magneto did more than him. Magneto actually killed billions of people.

Apocalypse was like The Fallen from Bayformers 2. He's suppose to be all badass but hardly does shit and Megatron/Magneto just ends up doing 90% of the work and stealing the show.

It's especially disappointing when compared to a GOOD villain like Zemo from CA Civil War

>gets his butt kicked by Quickmemer

he got knocked around for probably a millisecond or whatever considering it was in quickmeme time, and then immediately broke his fucking leg, all while looking like none of it affected him

same with all the shit they were throwing at him
he was just standing, the whole time, standing around while magneto threw all the metal at him and everyone was using their kamehamehas or whatever, while fucking up xavier in his own mind

then stryng feenix showed up and shot her feminism at him or whatever and he was even just about to fucking peace out because it was taking awhile to kill him

everything else was for muh story, he wanted people to know HE destroyed the planet, not your puny nukes, he wanted the mutie scum to all bow to him, not for him to just kill them and start over or whatever

and of course he controls sand, dick, his whole intro was about him being an egyptian god

They should just give the rights back the Marvel studios already.

It was as compelling as the jets trying to shoot the Fallen while he levitated rocks.

SNOOOOOOOREFEST.

This. I'm not even a Marvel Shill, but Marvel Studios is the only studio that can make good decent cape films. Everyone else should just quit.

Why couldn't it actually be Age of Apocolypse? Actually show that he's a threat. Fox can't do anything right. They ought stick to just making Deadpool.

>inb4 someone says you are a Marvel shill

But nah, you're pretty right.

Fox had hits with DoFP and Deadpool, but they're going downhill fast.

The DCEU is completely and utterly fucked.

Zemo? A good villain?

Well now I see that you have no taste. Carry on.

He was better than Crapocalypse

>Why couldn't it actually be Age of Apocolypse?
Because Fox doesn't care about their characters. Just money and underage boys.

Because there is no bad future to return from now. to have AoA, you have to have a skip to the past gone wrong and kill Xavier before First Class. And another continuity reboot directly after DOFP would've been a bad idea.

AoA starts because mutants are revealed to the public prematurely compared to their original timeline, making Apocalypse take interest in humanity before the various X-teams find together and can actually take him on effectively, creating new alliances without Prof. X's guidance . It also needs to be retconned at the end of the movie.

The first part actually happened here. Mutants get prematurely revealed, the world changes. Apocalypse wakes up. There are some changes in allegiances (three out of 4 horsemen were originally on the X-Men from the start) and the whole thing wraps up with Apocalypse's destruction. So far so good.

AoA is just too complicated to adapt faithfully. This was good though.

Why is Bolivar Trask 3 feet tall in the X-Men movies

Better yet, how did mystique turn into him?

Could she turn into another otherwise regular human that's just tall, like Shaq or something, to reach a top shelf?

visual storytelling.
he's jealous - he's a mutant too, strictly speaking, but his mutation offers no advantages and is only debilitating.
Why did you think he built the sentinels 10ft tall? He's compensating.

matter condensation. She gets very small and very heavy. When she's impersonating big characters, she actually gets very light.

He was 3 feet tall in one movie. In another he was a black guy on TV.

Probably weighed far more than Trask does, remember, unless otherwise noted, assume that shapeshifters are not also mass shifters.

At the very start of first class when she's like eight years old she turns into a taller woman so yes, J-Law Mystique at least can change size.

Senator Trask. Not Bolivar Trask. Distant or no relation.

I honestly don't care about Apocalypse but I can't get over the fact that Magneto is so easily forgiven. It may even have ruined the entire franchise for me.

Ultra Dense Trask would be wiz at Midget Bowling.

Zemo? Wait Civil War had another villain? I thought it was just Tony.

That and now he's the king of all genocide. Literally worse than Hitler.

>Magneto
>forgiven

By Charles maybe, rest of the world still probably wants to kill his children.

She could hold the form only for a very short time, though. It must be taxing on her to cram herself into such a small frame, I don't get why else she would revert back to her normal shape while going through the files.

Ultra Dense Trask is a good name for a band, though.

>I don't get why else she would revert back to her normal shape while going through the files.
Midgets are disgusting.

Like, eugh.

>when compared to a GOOD villain like Zemo from CA Civil War

A Good villain right, and you expect us to take you seriously?

Won't you give me a hug, user?

also check the file size

>Magneto definitely undeniably killed several Holocausts worth of people leveling those cities
>Everyone's fine with that because he switched sides in the end, no one even brings it up
>Xavier just lets the extremely dangerous bipolar psychopath walk away to go do whatever until he inevitably decides to turn heel again in a few years

I want to fuck Jemma

You can carry her around everywhere you go.
>tfw you never will

Seriously what the fuck, that was such a a shitty send-off.

Also, why was Storm acting all buddy-buddy with Cyclops at the end? Their should have been some tension.

>a GOOD villain like Zemo

Not just good, but GRRREAT!

>Magneto causes untold death
>abruptly changes sides
>is forgiven completely.
Shit, I didn't know Kishimoto was the screenwriter for this movie.

>>doesn't turn his hands into guns
"What the hell are guns?"

>the only movie X-Men super villain in an actual costume
>he sucks
>is defeated by tacticool mutants

What is Singer trying to tell us?

Why does that have to do with anything? Wrong board?

That he doesn't give a shit anymore and is just using the movie to fund his underage boy sex dungeon.

>then stryng feenix showed up and shot her feminism at him or whatever
One-track mind

The thing that bothers me is how easily they got Cyclops out of that wall.

All his other wall-embedding moments were a lot more brutal.

The issue is that we actually saw Mageto enact his genocidal plans in this one.

In the old trilogy, his plans were as fucked up, but they were stopped before it was too late.

Here, he completely fucked up the whole world with magnetism.

But because the cameras show everything from the distance they just wash their hands out of the whole event.

> doesn't turn hands into guns

My god they really fucked up this bad?

Umm... Did they ever explain the guns for hands power? Just seems a bit weird now I think about it. He's got a very cybernetic design for someone from Ancient Egypt

Considering his distaste for man's tools he wouldn't turn his hands into guns.

So where does Cable fit into this?

deadpool's best friend of course :^)

My biggest issue with Apocalypse is that he basically has ALL THE POWERS but only does the most minute shit outside of the giant energy field he made to get out. Like come on man, you have all the fucking powers. I don't care about your sand shit.

> x-Men 1
>Plans to unite mankind by turning everyone into mutants
> x-Men 2
> attempts to kill every normal human being on the planet

They just can't seem to make up their mind with him.

>>doesn't turn his hands into guns
>>could have nuked the planet but didn't

I actually really like the "I hate technology/Luddite" spin on the character, it really helped the old testament god aspect.

Honestly yeah, I hate to say it but it does feel more suited to role of mutant harbinger of doom then technological comic version

I don't think he hated technology. He hated the idea of "superpowers". Also, what Magneto was doing would have been no different than nuking the planet anyway, it would have just been slower

He's merged with ultra advanced celestial techo and armor

as bad as Stalin?

okay

>then jean ex machina shows up and advances the plot with her script cannon or whatever

its just the standard jean>all that shows up all the fucking time because >muh phoenix

I really don't see everyone's problem with this movie.

My only issues were that mystique is now a mutant messiah, jean's actress was terrible, and jubilee wasn't used at all. Besides that I think Apocalypse was damn good

Thanks

they to drop the celestials from this one so it does make sense he's more 'old school'. Which honestly I kind of like more despite the movies problems. Like someone said before he said he's more of an old Testament god now

>I really don't see everyone's problem with this movie.
Of course you don't, Foxshill.

>zemo
>good villain
his shitty plan relied too much on luck

Shitposting is so fun.

Nah, Zemo carefully planned everything.

>his shitty plan relied too much on luck
Okay, again, the plot of the movie didn't need to happen. It was just lucky that it did. His plan didn't revolve around Cap and Tony already in a "muh Bucky, muh Accords" state.

Remember his original plan was to just interrogate the HYDRA general, get the location of the base, get the tape and then do whatever. He didn't need all the extra shit to happen But the HYDRA guy wouldn't talk so he had to get extreme. The Russos said that if Cap and Tony didn't show up he would have just leaked it online or sent it to Tony directly. His goal was just to divide them, them already going through a Civil War was just icing on the keikau cake

because the budget for this movie was less than DoFP.

Crapocalypse is no different than the comic version. He is a shit villain. And making his hand a gun wouldnt change that fact.

Because it would have been a rehash of DoFP.

Bitch, Apocalypse is ALWAYS lame. That's the most comic-accurate part of this turd. Shame it doesn't make for a good movie, but at least Apoc can still job like a pro.

This. His goals are so big the only story you can tell with him is time travel to prevent that shit from happening. But that was DoFP already.

He is a one dimensional jobber, and I think the surprise comes from people who dont read comic books which are introduced now to how Apocalypse really is, not how he is perceived by the plebs. He is perceived as a great treat by plebs, but he is a jobber for the actual readers.

This is the most accurate depiction of Apocalypse ever. A superpowerful mutant without any personality and a mustache twirling plan to destroy everything. Then he jobs to setup the next super powerful threat. Like he and Galactus always do.

At least Oscar Isaac gave a great performance. A Jesus Christ gone wrong mixed with The Mummy interpretation. He took the camp so seriously he made Apocalypse extremely charming. He took a shit material and went completely professional with it.

>Honestly, how would him getting bigger helped in any situation in the movie?

>He could disintegrate you by looking at you. Why need guns at that point?

>Yeah, and killed every mutant he wanted to rule/merge with

>

>He doesn't really get the chance. He had his hands full deflecting attacks

>Control sand? Seems like he manipulates matter and sand just happened to be around (because he was in a desert most of the film.

>Honestly, how would him getting bigger helped in any situation in the movie?
Stomp on enemies. And it would have looked cool.
Well I'm glad he didn't disintegrate the X-Men when he had every chance in the world to do so. Truly a compelling villain.
>Control sand? Seems like he manipulates matter and sand just happened to be around (because he was in a desert most of the film.
Of all the matter he only chooses sand? He's never seen water before? Or air? Or fire?
Why do I get the feeling Aang or Toph could get this guy's ass with no problem?

I figured out how they could have easily kept his power set broken while still keeping him from doing too much. Make it so that his body can't handle his power, which is why he needs to transfer to a new body often. He basically is like a high output computer that can do a tone of shit but burns itself really fast. That's why he'd need 4 Horseman and that's why he'd want to take Xavier's body because you could make it so that Xavier's mental abilities don't cause the same level of physical strain that his other powers too and thus he could kill everyone he wanted while not burning up too fast

>>Honestly, how would him getting bigger helped in any situation in the movie?
>Stomp on enemies.
He could use sand to insta kill anyone and he didnt. Being big or having guns wouldnt have helped too much. Specially when Magneto had his force field from the comics.

>Of all the matter he only chooses sand?
No shit retard if he is standing over sand he will control sand. There were no rivers nears to control water. Plus sand is versatile and hard enough to kill.

He hated the fact that people he saw as weak, normal humans, had the like nukes which made them strong. I thought it fit his survival of the fittest ideals nicely.

Nobody at Fox cares about a well-balanced villain, user. Just Money and twinks.

That's true, but I'm just saying if I had written Apocalypse I'd have worked it like that.

That way you can still make him broken as fuck, but also show why he needs his horseman and why he doesn't just atomize the heroes. Hell, they would have been able to avoid using the Phoenix to beat him by just basically have him give out on the strain from being attacked on so many fronts at once and with his attempts to body jump thwarted.

That sounds like a fun premise, user. But Singer doesn't give a shit. He just wanted to have Jean pull the Pheonix out of her ass and save the day so it can build up to the shitty dark Phoenix sequel.

Instead of using sand, why doesn't Apocalypse make Quicksilver explode (Dr Manhatten Style) after making him stop instead of just breaking some bones?
Like you said

Well, why not disintegrate QS and the rest if the X-Men instead of letting them live and ruin his plans?

sure.

I'm still irked that Magneto joined him just like that. In the comics, he would have just told him to fuck off.

Well that and it would be 1000X better for the environment. Blowing up buildings and cities > using nukes to blow up everything

>Implying he didn't knock up his secretary

You're pretty new to comics aren't you?

Me and my friends went to watch it yesterday and we all thought it was pretty boring with a few good scenes littered about. Days of Future Past was much better.

Why did Logan tell Erik and Charles to go fuck themselves in First Class?

I actually enjoyed her Faceturn at the end.
Was built up enough for it to make sense.

>hating on based Jean Grey cus I H8 WOMYNZ LOLZ

Sometimes Sup Forums is full of fags with #womenhate, and sometimes people like you give me hope