What did you guys think of the pilot? Bit too inaccurate for my liking...

What did you guys think of the pilot? Bit too inaccurate for my liking. I get that it's an adaption but most adaptions that don't stick to the source material are of comics with multiple runs. How hard is it to follow a 60 odd issue story?
Can't belive they missed out the church explosion scene and they've butchered Tulip, among other characters.

The faggots here refuse to talk about it since it's not CW schlock, or another overbudgeted, underwritten turd of a movie.

Neo-Sup Forums is a fucking joke.

I thought it was fine. The comic itself is pretty dense with characters, so they had to make some sacrifices all around to keep the show from being too much like a soap opera.

>Nobody's talking about what I like
>That makes me MAD

i liked it.

Comic is an overrated boring fedora uglyfest.
Show looks like it could be GOAT.

Jesse and Cassidy were okay, they took Tulip from stronk woman that can survive and turned her into Super-Bat-MacGuyver and that was annoying.

For a show that has Seth Rogan floating around it was better than expected. Not, you know, good. But watchable. Worth seeing episode 2 at least.

I'm currently on Book Three and loving it. Each to their own I guess.

Genesis is from "outer space" instead of Heaven. Fukken dropped.

>The faggots here refuse to talk about it since it's not CW schlock, or another overbudgeted, underwritten turd of a movie.
>Neo-Sup Forums is a fucking joke.
No people aren't talking about it because people dismissed it almost immediately since it was announced and after each trailer or promo was released. It also had literally one episode so far which most found a bit boring from what I remember so there is also that. Maybe wait until it is on episode 8 and the talkback thread dies after 4 posts, then maybe you have grounds to complain about something not being talked about.

I haven't read Preacher
I generally like Garth Ennis.
I really liked Cassidy. I see a lot of fun with that character.
Tulip putting together a bazooka out of cans and blowing up a helicopter was so absurd that it was funny. The whole show has a dark sense of humor over it- does the comic not?

The comic's got a Hellblazer style of dark humor; laugh at all the sick fucks who pretend to be cornerstones of society kind of deal. Goes five seconds short of namedropping Bill Hicks at one point.

There's an entire scene where Jesse meets Bill Hicks and has a whole conversation with him, you utter fucking casual.

Was Cassidy being hunted in the comics? I don't remember that but it's been 5+ years since I read it

Once in like the last 10 issues

Liked it,missed the second episode,hope they replay previous week like wd

It's not like any of the tumblrinas and faggots here have actually read Preacher.

I had some issues with the choices made in the pilot, but it's already leagues better than Walking Dead.

The comic does have a black comedy tone, like most Ennis books. Tulip is nothing like she is in the comic.
>inb4 not muh
They've turned her into another bullshit "quirky" character when she was fine as she was and made her black because that's what they do with most originally white characters these days.

Never read the comic.
Didn't like the pilot

Second episode doesn't air til the 6th, user.

Lucifer is better

I'll admit I've never read the source material, but I found most of the characters quite likable, although Tulip was a bit too hard to swallow, might be because I'm to used to her playing the sweet and innocent Astrid on Fringe.

Plot wise, the power/devil aspect really wasn't that interesting to me, I know as far as a character named Odin and I'm far more interested in him with Jackie Earl Hayley takin the role.

Read it. I always put it off until last month, mainly because I absolutely adored The Boys and thought anything else by Ennis wouldn't be as good but fuck me was I wrong. Brilliant story and just like the Boys there's a lot of backstory to each character that really helps development. His war-related issues also shine as per usual. I've just finished #26, which gives you all the background on Cassidy. Really good stuff.

And it starts a bit before the comic does. So they haven't even gotten to that point yet.

The Word of God isn't necessarily meant to be an super interesting plot point, in the comics it's more of a device to get Jesse out of sticky situations. The stuff you wanna focus on (in terms of the books anyway) is the character development and the great villains they come across.

Good to know,thx

Assuming you're referring to the church scene, it's meant to happen literally the moment Genesis enters Jesse. I don't see why they can throw in loads of made up shit in the beginning like the African dudes head exploding and the "open your heart" bit and then miss out an iconic moment in the comics.

That's not terribly hard, but I enjoyed the first episode.

lol that's not Astrid. She's Flowers-girl from AoS.

cutie milf is a cutie'

>open your heart
Haha

>lol that's not Astrid. She's Flowers-girl from AoS.
Son of a...

Yeah just googled it, Astrid was a shit ton cuter, must've gotten the whole sci-fi government agency thing mixed up.

Jesse does have a whole conversation about Bill Hicks, but he never meets him. Are you talking about the hitchhiker whose face you don't see? That was Elvis.

No he actually does meet Bill Hicks

There was a Sup Forums thread for the premiere, actually. It was judged as pretty mediocre.

He meets Bill in the story he tells Cassidy

Shit, you're right. I guess I got confused because it was a flashback.

>the board is bad because it talks about the WRONG KIND of live action WAAAAAAAAAAAH
Get off the board Sup Forums you fucking faggots

It was okay willing to give it a couple of episodes to see how it holds up.

It looks like they're not gonna make the first season a road story, which is fucking terrible and just like Jesse remaining a Preacher after the pilot, a fundamental change that makes the story not Preacher

>Are you talking about the hitchhiker whose face you don't see? That was Elvis.
You mean the one who calls him pilgrim? That's John Wayne

No, the hitchhiker towards the end of the series.

Saw, it's shit for being a completely unfaithful piece of shit in the first episode alone. Black MacGyver Tulip, guy who looks nothing like Jessie, Cassidy seen without glasses right from the start, etc.

Seth Rogan can go fuck himself. Been waiting years for a good adaption, and this one shits the bed before it even gets up.

Black Tulip ain't bad though.

I'm specially curious about what will happen when they meet Grandma.

For some reason Jessie's hair gets to me. It's not like he had to have the greasy looking jheri curl but that highly stylized coiffe irks me.

Sup Forums doesn’t talk about tje Walking Dead show eitheir, boo fucking hoo.

It isn't terrible, but I read Preacher for the first time nearly 15 years ago, and can distance myself enough from the material to enjoy it on its own grounds, and appreciate the fact that it exists in a way that couldn't have possibly happened on television all those years ago.

It's embracing its comic book roots a bit too much for my taste, but among all the grimdark trash thrown in our face lately, I'll take it. While it's deviated from the floppies a bit, I think it'll still stay true to itself, and that's good enough for me.