Will he ever return?

Will he ever return?

>tim wayne
nope

I wish, that look is god tier, perfect for a robin gone solo type deal, true to the roots but grown up enough to be taken seriously.

Best robin costume

>Best robin costume
Come on people.

It's dopey as shit. It was one of the "Let's show them how stupid this would be" designs from Kingdom Come before DC took it seriously when their creative output started running on fumes. That smooth baldy cowl is absolutely the silliest shit I've ever seen a member of the Bat-family wear, yes, Zebra-Batman included.

I hope Tim has some sort of vendetta arc that eventually leads to him misstepping and getting facially scared, requiring the cowl. I think Red Robin needs to be defined as unique.

its better than new 52

but its a fucking Dr.Midnite rip off

>taken seriously
Nigga he is wearing a condom for a cowl.

>red batman without the ears

looks shit

>best boy

Autistic as fuck and doesn't have the sense of Justice that Bruce and Damian has he's just as bad as Dick with his "I dun wanna do it anymore just wanna be a normal boy" shit

fuck off WORST robin even fucking Jason was better

I hope to God they don't bring this prick back

That costume is amazing and fuck you all. I mean, it was better as an old man Grayson costume, but its still beautifully done.

yawn

>Damian
>sense of justice

Come on.

I preferred To's slight retooled version myself.
Our bodies won't be ready for Marcus To drawn Dick will it?

Best Tim.

I always hated Tim's Red Robin identity because it wasn't even made for him, it was made for Dick in an Elseworlds story, and they only shuffled him into it because Damian was Robin at the time and Tim, judged the less important character, had to be swept under the carpet somehow. It's demeaning to the character.

I disliked Cass's Black Bat for the same reason (it only came to be because DC didn't want her to be Batgirl anymore), but at least that one was designed for her first. Tim got just some old lame shit from another character.

Best Tim, may he never be brought forward into this day and age of terrible everything.

He took it up specifically that significance to his own character. It was to take up a mantle that was more fit to him since he was, in his own mind, deemed unworthy of the one Bruce gave him.

That said, I wish they'd made one proper Black Bat & Red Robin teamup comic before scrapping the whole universe. They're lame identities individually, but put together, they have nice symmetry (alliteration, same number of letters, color + animal structure).

You forgot that the Red Robin thing was also meant to be Jason Todd's Earth 51 costume had he not been killed by the Joker. Jason wore it when he traveled to that universe during COUNTDOWN and threw it in the thrash when he came back to Earth-0 universe.

So do I.

The two in the prior universe before it got New 52ed just complimented the other so darn well. They were perfect. The worst part is reading Batgirl: Convergence and hearing that the two did have this and many adventures makes it all the more frustrating.

I so miss new Dick Hammersmith art of those two.

Now we got the two of them and Steph along for a ride that has Clayface with Kate as a "teacher". This is a monkey's paw wish if I ever saw one.

This is going to end up as some bizarre harem, isn't it.
Clayface will be best girl.

>Implying it hadn't happened before.

As long as Kate teaches Cassandra the finer things in life and teaching her to bag Stephanie. Then I'm all for this.

And akward moments like this with Tim. Who knows maybe Tynion IV will deliver like he did with Batman/TMNT! God I have too much hope.

If Clayface morphed into a cute waifu and stayed that way the whole time, I might forgive some of Tynion's sins.

More realistically though, inclusion of Clayface in the main cast is a huge red flag and tells me he doesn't have any fucking idea what he should be doing.

>Cass x Steph
Can't they just stay the best platonic friends?
Do they really need to get together for some crappy cheap "romantic tension" moments?

Of course they can be platonic friends. Because that's what Harper x Cass is for now. I mean reading all of B&RE has lead me to this conclusion. That or it was just bad writing. Or maybe Genevieve Valentine was just doing an experiment for her future subtext on Xena and tested it with those two.

I think pairings in general mess with the potential dynamic of a duo in general. I wish the shipping from both writer and fans would stop so we can just get some semblance of a decent story.

I more or less want Steph to make terrible mistakes concerning other people and cass being there to help with the fall out. Have it be natural.

The thing I really wonder is if they're going to fix his shitfuck new origin that made him actively worse. This is Rebirth, and they brought Jason Todd's tire stealing back, so who knows. Parents-in-witness-protection-boy-genius-not-his-real-name-Tim is such a clusterfuck.

>I wish the shipping from both writer and fans would stop so we can just get some semblance of a decent story.

Hahaha, good fucking luck with that shit. Haven't you been paying any attention to the past 2000 years of entertainment fiction?

Apparently, from the Beyond comics, in the universe Tim is in now, he was the kid who found out who Batman actually was instead of being taken in by him and then finding out that way.

Well here's hoping the two strike a friendship and Tim makes three. No threesome. even if it was logical in the old universe.

I still don't understand why they did all that. He was one of the most straightforward significant DC characters.

I do, and I have and that's why I wish for it so bad.

That's good news. Didn't follow that, but I like this news.

Lobdell'd.

>Implying Tim, who was the central connecting point of that particular relationship, is even relevant in this universe

No he's off somewhere in a different universe's future doing future shit with a brainwashed terry.

If DC actually wants to have a rebirth in the Johnsian sense of the word (meaning, as far as I can tell, "return to glory days"), that would mean resetting both Tim and Cass to their early 2000s selves. And that would mean some liberal retconning is in order - retconning of very recent stories in case of Cass. It's bound to be messy, but in my opinion DC should bite the bullet and just do it. Otherwise these characters end up being an open wound in the new world.

I'm not sure what counts as Steph's "glory days", as most of her memorable career she was a sidekick's sidekick. I think all she really needs is for her previous relationships to be re-established.

>That's good news. Didn't follow that, but I like this news.
No, it's actually terrible news, because we're not even sure if it's the Tim that "matters" since it's set itself apart as a world that had a different outcome of some battle.

But why allow Lobdell to mess with him at all? He was only tangentially connected to continuity shenanigans and was at the time one of the few secondary characters with a long solo run.

>threw it in the trash when he came back to Earth-0 universe.

Because that's where it belongs

That's actually kinda why he took it up in the first place.

I have no idea. The entire succession of Robins was completely fucked by that pants-on-head-stupid timeline, but Tim's new origin is probably one of the dumbest things I ever read. It seems like someone took only the "Batman Jr." and "likes to plan" aspects of his RR run and then turned him into an aloof genius stereotype.

In case you didn't notice, the transition to Nu52 was not exactly meticulously planned. It was a cluster fuck of QUICK EVERYBODY DO SOMETHING WILD and people, especially Lobdell, were retconning random shit for the sake of retconning.

Well didn't they just say that No Man's Land is back in continuity aka the event she (and Harley) debuted in?

Honestly they should just go that everything happened and all this new grim and grit is Manhattan playing with reality. Which means Tim and Cass have their old origins. Steph can keep her new one.

To be fair, originally Lobdell had Tim as a Robin in #1 of Teen Titans. It was afterward, that his editor was like, "WE CAN'T HAVE FOUR ROBINS! RETCON SCOTT! RETCON!!!" And being a "yes" man, Lobdell did.

I guess I missed how half-assed it was because my experience of it is mostly from coming back to it after the fact. The beginning of it is what caused me to take a break.

What makes it worse is that it wasn't just Tim
It was the entirety of Young Justice that got fucked over.

Yeah, when Didio and Lee basically admitted they planned New 52 out over the phone over a frantic couple of days or something, it did not surprise me at all. They didn't mention whether they were sober or not, but the opposite would not surprise me either.

What they did to Bart is unforgivable.

YOU WILL REFER TO HIM BY HIS REAL NAME
BAR-TOR
THE SPACE RENEGADE.

What they did to Bart, Kon, Tim, and Cassie was unforgivable. The fact only the later escaped the shackles of her origins via Pak is amazing.