Why don't burgers use the metric system?

Why don't burgers use the metric system?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EUpwa0je6_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anglo pride

Because the metric system was only created by Euroshits to make the length of their cocks sound more impressive.

lol

We use it when it's convenient.

We do.

Why did you make this thread to mask the fact you want to give Donna's number out?

metric is only useful in science, but for everyday application, us customary is much better.

1in = pinky middle segment
1ft = my foot
1yd = 1 pace
1m = distance driven in 1 min

because dad gave us the imperial system and we are a nation of tradition.

Metric is fine for me for distances and speeds and such if they ever changed it.

I prefer Fahrenheit to Celsius-- and would bemoan any official change. They're both arbitrary as fuck anyways, so why bother?

Dividing into fractions is more convenient than using decimals for everything.

What the fuck is that from?

We've tried to introduce it before, that is why we mysteriously sell soda in 2 liter bottles. It just never caught on. Frankly it makes no sense to change.

Some random cartoon i found months ago.

I don't remember the source sorry

Sure. That's why the army uses metric.

strong cellphone carrier to sexual status correlation OP.

So i can say i fugged your wife with my foot long.

Because fuck you thats why

no we dont

because we went to the moon

pic related

>Why don't burgers use the metric system?

We don't have to.

I don't mind them using the English Queen's metric system.

But fuck that "letter" paper.
Fucking use A4 already you fucking retards, you are fucking up my printer firmware with your bullshit.

Except now everyone has a scientific calculator in their pocket... So ...

Only when working with the numerous parasites that are your nations.

its fuckin gay

Mandatory: youtube.com/watch?v=EUpwa0je6_Y

We have such a high intellect we can use both.

A more relevant question is why don't Americans use Robinson head screws?

Because we're not pig-latin speaking pansies, that's why.

>Burma and Liberia don't use metric
>Burma and Liberia have been to the moon.
>Liberia

I guess it makes sense then. You need to use the system reserved for shitskins and niggers since that's all America will be in the future.

The better question is why do you use it? And the answer is: The same reason you no longer have the right to keep and bear arms: You're really fucking shit at being Anglo.

That goes for Australia too. And the other one, next to Australia.

It all goes down the toilet once even the most trivial transformations and comparisons are called for.

Oh the good old days when every fucking city had their own different units for every different thing a buyer might be interested in.

Imperial units are a meme. Seriously, dumbest shit ever invented.

Liberia was an American puppet

We like to be able to divide all our measures in half and get whole units, which the metric system cannot do.

The ANZACS would fuck you up mate

It's a tool of globalist.

Why the shit would you want your measurements scaled to the earth or the universe. It makes sense for science but not every day use.

Our customary units are scaled to human use. They are intuitive and easy to estimate.

An inch is about two fingers. A foot is about as long as a man's foot. A teaspoon is a the volume of a common spoon. A cup is a cup. A pint is a good side for a beer which is why eurocucks still use it.

Our measurements make fucking sense and are scaled to human size. Also we use base 12 and base 16 units. This means that we can scale and divide our shit infinitely easy than you globalist Chuck metric users.12 and 16 are highly composite numbers. Cooking and Carpentry are way more easy with numbers that have many factors.

Want to scale a base 12 recipe down a third? Easy peezy. Want to scale your metric base 10 down a third? Tough shit, buddy.

two kinds of countries in the world. Those that use the metric system and those that land on the moon and also Nigeria I think.

kek at pic

The answer to "How much energy does it take to boil a room-temperature gallon of water?" is "However long it takes." or "Why the fuck do I need to boil a room temperature gallon of water?"

>Americans know both imperials and metric due to learning both in school
>Euroshits only know metric
>Somehow still try to act superior

(((metric system)))

because we have the freedom not to

I wish i had grown up with metric tb.h so i could make sense of it in the real world. What I mean is i know what one mile looks like but its difficult for me to visualize one kilometer. I think the metric system is in all ways superior.

It was originally to confuse our enemies in the case of an invasion which was likely in the late 1700's after the Revolution.

That's the real answer.

>additional fun fact:

Washington DC street system is incredibly confusing for the same exact reason

You can convert fractions into decimals with inches/ounces.

>1in = pinky middle segment
Pinky middle segments vary by person
>1ft = my foot
The foot of a king who lived hundreds of years ago. your foot is actually longer
>1yd = 1 pace
1 pace=0.60m, 1-1.
>1m=distance driven in 1 min
you are retarded

If you use English/Imperial units, you find all sorts of synchronicities in nature. For example, if you multiply 432 by 432 (the frequency in Hz of A in the old Pythagorean scale, which matches the Crown Chakra), you get the speed of light in miles per second to within 0.2%. In kilometers per second, there's nothing here. Many of the ancient megaliths encode numbers that equate to the square footage or cirumferance of another megalith -- but it only works in feet. In cm or meters, the encoded numbers are unremarkable.

So these units of measure that we engineers dismiss as archaic and a pain to work with (lb_m vs lb_f anybody?) are actually critical for helping us understand not only our own history but possibly the nature of the very universe. And if you use metric units these encodings simply disappear.

So the English units are kind of like the decryption key to ancient megalyths and nature itself.

Because fuck you that's why.

How intelligent and philosophical
Really makes me think

Imperial > Metric

Yupoors no need to apply.

> Want to scale your metric base 10 down a third? Tough shit, buddy.
3 and 1/3.

The meter is

Length of the path travelled by light in a vacuum in
/
299 792 458
of a second (17th CGPM)

And that's fucking stupid.

Reminder to all Americafags that imperial measurements are shit and if you want precise measurements everyone uses the metric for standards, ask anyone in aerospace engineering or people working with Space shuttles in your country, they use metric, only civil engineers and scrap mechanics use imperial.

Take your prideful imperial and use it to measure where you want your toilet in your trailerhouse, but if you wanna measure a space component you will go by metric.

Philips is shit tier

we're stubborn because we are the greatest and can do whatever we want, even if standardizing everything makes a fuckton more sense

we already do that

Only the idiots of idiots don't know both systems. And those idiots aren't going to be making or repairing anything important anyways.

all parts of the shuttle were designed using the metric system lol

We do use the metric system, just not for everything. Most people could use the metric system if they had to.

Having a measurement system where everything is based on tens is fine... the problem is that the things on which the metric system is actually based on are really no less arbitrary than the shit the imperial system is based on.

Take length for example. A meter was originally defined as one ten millionth of one quarter of the circumference of the Earth, as measured along one particular latitude line.

That's arbitrary as all fuck.

In recent years, the NIST has made a commendable effort to start standardizing units of measure to universal constants... the problem is that they still insist on relating shit to the same arbitrary units for lengths, masses, etc etc so you end up with stupid shit like defining meters as some stupid fraction of the speed of light times a second.

The ONLY system of units which isn't arbitrary is natural units... but nobody wants to build a car that measures speed in nano-cs or a bathroom scale that tells you how many election masses you are.

So the best available alternative is to let people use whatever stupid arbitrary units they want and just convert.

donna isn't reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll

ya because thats what i wanna do when im sweating my balls off trying to frame a deck or some shit. pull out my fucking phone and punch in the numbers and then tell the guy running the saw what i need. not slap the tape on it and get all the information i need instantly. think about the people who measure something almost every 2 minutes. it needs to be fast, accurate, and easy to do.

Nasa used the metric system for that.

REAL ANSWER TIME
E
A
L

Okay, so before basically anyone here was born, the US actually did begin the process of switching to the metric system. We started converting the highways over and drafting up educational plans to teach it in schools, etc.

There was a United States Metric Bureau (I'm pretty sure that's what the B was, the organization was the USMB) back in the late 60's who was overseeing the conversion process. They do some stuff for a while, but ultimately get cut by Ronald Reagan in order to reduce government spending, plus a whole thing about earmarks appearing in highway bills being a political topic of the day.

The whole anti-metric thing had to be sold to the public who knew of the process, so the general rhetoric to excuse the whole thing was that the communists used the metric system, so we shouldn't use it in case they invade here, so they wouldn't be able to use our highways (yes this was a real argument, probably by whatever the 80's equivalent to pundits are now).

So tl;dr we started switching, then abandoned the project to cut spending on highways, which led to the whole thing being scrapped and the russians being scapegoated as an excuse why

There is nothing bad with arbitrary units. it funny how burgers sperg about size of units when they don't see main advantage of metric system. Actually not surprising as burgers never done math in their life past counting to ten.

square headed screws suck a fat bag of dicks and are way to easy to strip out. torx head or kill self,

>"I can't deal with a multiplier of 0.5"

fucking burgers

>they don't see main advantage of metric system
Shit's divisible by ten.

... that's really about it.

So I guess metric's handier if you don't have a calculator... or a phone... or can do at least 2nd grade math.

It actually goes back further than that. America tried to go metric after the civil war with the Metric act of 1866, and was one of the original 17 counties in the Metre Convention. However, the main push back has always come from the American manufacturing industry which would have to develop all its tools and plants if it changed measurement systems.

Want to scale a base-12 down a twentififth? tough shit, bro

I fucking hate the american system. I work buying stuff from both american and mexican suppliers and every single time I have to convert metric into their dymbass system because the fat fuck on the other side of the line is too lazy and stupid to do that.

"I'd like to order 45 liters of hydrochloric acid please"
"how much is that in gallons sir?"

You can literally type that question on google search and it will give you the answer but no, as always fucking mexicans do the jobs americans don't want to do.

its called a quarter inch faggot. you can go all the way to 64ths if you want to.

you're the one ordering it maybe you should have thought ahead. realized that there was a difference in measuring systems and done it your self. or do you not know the conversion your self?

Because we've been to the moon and metric users haven't.

This is dumb argument.

I'm an engineer,I work in a desalination plant/power plant. We use both metric and standard(SAE) tools because some of our equipment is Italian and German but the rest is American.

Unless you actively have to work with two different units of measure on a daily basis its not even a problem and even then we have fucking app on our phones that converts units.

America uses the metric system and the standard and we do just fine.

Most plants I've worked in had a system in place to convert everything to metric over time. Even if it just helps the tech on a breakdown so he doesn't have to carry two sets of spanners, sockets etc.
I fucking hate working with old cunts who cant use metric and always measure in inches/thou

because the truckasaurus wills it

one day it will march on canada

Of course I know you idiot, it's americans that don't bother and expect me to convert everything.

Anyone who does anything of importance in America uses both. Once you start using decimals instead of fractions it doesn't make any difference which system you use, so long as you annotate which one.

because the jews made it

>Why don't burgers use the metric system?
In STEM fields and such, we do. But as far as changing the system on the scale of making new measuring cups and shit for cooking, there's literally no point.

>Euroshits still shilling the metric system when its been proven that it would be much easier to use if it was base 12 instead of base 10

Why havent you gone dozenal, euroshits? If metric is supposedly "superior and easy to use" then it should be dozenal, not decimal

so my point stands. Although i grant that someone who works for a company that ships things internationally should know both systems as a courtesy to the customer. If i were ordering a quantity of some substance from another country it would seem unprofessional not do the conversion myself to speed up the transaction so i could move on to other work.

It's true metric is better for distances and stuff. But Celsius is fucking retarded.
And so is putting the day before the month.

>And so is putting the day before the month.

dude bro listen
listen
lets put the most important number that changes most often
bro stay with me
lets put it
in the middle
duuude

We use both

>decide to do charity work in a third world country
>get worst assignment - london, england
>they've switched to metric time
>100 hours per day
>non-stop bonging from big bong
>limeys won't shut up about how this is so much better than having to remember arbitrary numbers like "24 hours per day"
>book the first flight out of that hellhole
>near miss the 63 o'clock departure

Dont joke about decimal time, that almost happened when the french decided metric was a good idea.

Could you fucking imagine, clocks only going up to 10?

Both 10 and 12 are both nice but 10 was already established so reverse compatibility played its role.

>not using both systems equally.
Canada master race.

No, 12 was already established. Currency and time and measurement were dozenal before metric kicked in

Is that the wrong image, OP? Should have just saved the number

Europe used 10 base numeral system in mathematics. And this mathematics were sued fro everything including counting time and money. There was no 12 base mathematics for currency and time.

The whole idea of relating a unit of length to the speed of light is that it's not arbitrary, it has a measurable, definable value that is always the same in a vacuum. It's the most effective way of defining a metre now and forever. A metre as defined by the speed of light will always have the exact same length. What is stupid about that?

God split the races and confused their tongues to prevent the current trajectory of extreme dysgenics and mass extinction. Your people should forge their own way or they will disappear from the mortal realm. This is the law of nature. This is why we hate kikes, why Obama says we are all jews. They are trying to kill America and out of it spring a new global order. (political correctness). Adopting metric is like adopting foreign nationals or foreign culture - It is suicidally insane.

>it funny how burgers sperg about size of units when they don't see main advantage of metric system

The "advantage" of the metric system is the same "advantage" of any system: it has a growing aesthetic to those who've learned it, i.e. it "makes sense" to you.

Metric and imperial are both arbitrary. The length of the centimeter is arbitrary.

The main argument for imperial tends to be its practical basis; the main argument for metric tends to be an appeal to aesthetics.

Pick your poison.