The absolute fucking state of Apocolypse

It literally doesn't matter what adaptation he's in: The Comics, The Movies, The Cartoons he is such a fucking comedy jobber. How is it possible...to have all the powers that rival that of the fucking Infinity Gauntlet and still be booked worse than Magneto who is basically the Randy Orton of the X-Men Mythos.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_(comics)#Members
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>using wrestling terminology and logic to compare comic villains

Villains always fail. Where Heels can win a lot. Its completely different.

Villains are always jobbers in comics. The most equal equivalent is that villains would go for a DQ or purposeful count out

You don't get it. Fox somehow booked Apocalypse the exactly same way Disney booked Ultron

>I am going to lift a sizeable portion of the earth into the stratosphere and strike it down killing all life on the planet

>I AM GOING TO TEAR AN EVEN BIGGER CHUNK OF THE EARTH OFF THE MANTLE AND SMASH IT INTO THE PLANET AND WHOMEVER LIVES CAN BE MY SLAVES

Literally identical booking

Because he's fucking boring and shit and his design is dumb.

There's absolutely nothing fun about him and there is no potential in him to tell fun stories

Fuck Apocalypse

Nice Trips

You would think The Avengers would at least keep him under the catagory of "B" or higher but no

Avengers won't lift a finger because The X-Men "have it covered"

>inb4 HURR SEPARATE UNIVERSES

may I respectfully disagree? I started comics with The Twelve and, yes, looking back it's not perfect, but Apocalypse was really a cool, grander than life, villain

he knew everything, he had a plan, he beat Cable like he was nothing, and if it wasn't for that idiot Cyke, he would have had the perfect body

The most hysterical thing about Apocolypse the movie was the very idea of Angel not being the son to a multi billionaire and just dying in a Jet Engine crash

I fucking cried hysterically with laughter FUCK ANGEL

it isn't the most hysterical thing BY FAR but yes

Oh I can keep going

>Egyptian Storm
>She doesn't even look like Storm
>Earlier in the movie before the movie even started we got a 1 minute pre-intro from Storm going on about how it was very difficult to produce the movie and hope you all enjoy the show

I don't get fucking RDJ opening up Civil War with him whispering "I'm going to kill Cap enjoy the show."

please do!

hey man
scott himself said that mutants would deal with mutant problems

but shit, might as well toss a shit ton of heroes at him, it'd go quicker. why don't the avengers ask for help when they fight kang, i'd say thanos but that is more of a universal problem.

here's the goddamn thing
Marvel has tons of cool, grander than life villains already why do they need fucking apocalypse? the only time he was remotely interesting was as kid apoc in uncanny x-force. god i love that run

>Cyclops getting cucked by Pheonix...MULTIPLE TIMES
>Another instance of an X-Men movie where Fox needed to use Wolverine as a crutch because he's basically Fox's Ironman
>Psylocke in General
>Mystique so not interested in her role she is barely in her make-up
>The Mansion scene with Quiksilver
>Stryker in General
>Certain pop in scenes with Apocolypse being way too corny to take seriously like Magneto at the Metal Factory
>Apocolypse firing live nukes into orbit randomly hovering around the Earth's magnetic pole
>Magneto getting Russo booking

What about the games?

There was once a continuity where Wolverine wanted to keep Captain America alive because his Super Syrum was finally beginning to show negative side effects similar to how Garrett needed the Kree Blood and the Centipede Syrum both at the same time to stay alive

I lost my shit, it looked so comically bad. Like dude, fly away.

Because no matter what villain they use they're gonna fall back on using Magneto's tweener personality in the end

Its amazing how little he's learned over the course of 3 movies.

I've played 2 in my entire life. X2 and Wolverine Origins the game.

>Villains always fail.
That's not actually mandated anymore now that the Comics Code Authority isn't a thing; but 40 odd years of it being a literal rule means most people are conditioned to expect it to work that way.

I mean: Red Skull's been running around with Xavier's brain for several years now (since the first arc of the first volume of Uncanny Avengers).

He didn't really job in the movie eh? I mean, he didn't have a lot of chances not to, but in the end it took like all the X-Men AND the Horsemen to defeat him.

That last fight with Apocalypse is more or less how I wanted the Avengers to fight Ultron. The whole team giving it everything they've got.

Also

>Angel with Metal Wings

Even the people who write for X-Men hate Angel. Wouldn't the Metal fucking cause him to decelerate faster to the ground

Is Angel Fox's answer to Falcon? It has to be.

you're forgetting that Dark Horse introduction
even Stargate was doing mock egyptian better

Its like how current wrestling is booked. There are no faces or heels anymore just people who do whatever the fuck they want

Like Doom. Doom has his own agenda which is identical to literally every other agenda involving a world domination plot

But people cheer Doom like he's suppose to be a face.

no, that's legit from the comics, and the transformation from Angel to Archangel can be very powerful
but that involves "a character" with "thoughts" "words" and " feelings" and there are none in this movie

Pheonix melted off Apocolypse's armor then got impaled to death by Magneto. Apocolypse was reaching Roman Reigns level of "JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY"

Also fuck Beast thinking it was a smart idea to jump straight at him when Cyclops was firing his lazer beam at him.

>Scarlett Witch can communicate with animals

Like Elizah Thornberry

Also is Angel suppose to be German? I thought Angel was just some whiny emo brat from America who had a rich dad.

My only experience of Angel was from X3 and Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon where Sinister wanted to fuck Angel.

The way I see it, Apocalypse would work much better as a hero. Despite his "survival of the fittest" mentality, he's bailed his family out of tight spots and even kept them around after nearly all of them were depowered after M-Day. He needs to realize that survival of the fittest doesn't mean shit when something completely out of your element comes in and fucks you over.

OP, you're a titanic faggot for using all this wrestling jargon. Jesus, do you actually speak like this in person?

Is Warren Worthington supposed to be German? I guess not
it's obviously not the same character, Fox doesn't care about continuity

but I'm not at the point where I care about that, they can take any x-man they like and make them black, asian, gay, a woman, a german, a jew or whatever, i doesn't really matter: i just want to see actual characters

for example, they could just have made Angel a Germie and use it to create some sort of relationship between him and Diablo, what with them being both German and mutant, and persecuted, but Angel being very extreme and on the bad (terrorist) side of the oppressed minority and responding well to Apocalypse, and Diablo being more on the lenient side, and it would be a reverse image of the way they look, and have them argue about it in German, that could have been cool

>He doesn't use wrestling terms

Fuck off Jabroni mark.

Isn't Deadpool like the head coach of what is essentially a mini apocalypse?

I want more Nightcrawler

I know its not the same guy from X2 but holy shit this guy fucking killed it

He's got a job for life with Fox now.

>cartoons

What? Apoc was an eloquent monster in the 90s cartoon. And in Evo he whooped everyone and almost won.

yeah, and you know why? that first scene
it sold the whole movie
you want mutant terrorism to look real?
BAMF motherfuckers!

He fucking needed MYSTIQUE'S HELP which has been a running trend for too damn long that's why he lost

Mystique is like Fox's Stephanie McMahon she highly overrates how useful her gimmick is

>tfw no Azazel vs Nightcrawler

Looks like we'll need to break the time shift again

>yfw marks work themselves into a shoot

He would not have been such a jobber if the writers let him kill Mystique or Magneto

Both actors were on their way out, Both characters were getting played out to ridiculous levels, there was nothing left for Magneto to do but die saving Charles, And Magneto walking off scott free with a smile on his face was bs, Mystique was irrelevant in this movie so many issues could be resolved if you had the balls to kill one of them off

And the final scene? You could replace Mystique with Beast giving the speech and Erik with Mystique leaving again and the only thing you would have lost was a retread of the dialog from the end of X1 and having to find a way to rebuild the school.

Oh wait let Phoenix do that with help from the students.

>when you learn that the shoot is a work and the swerve is there is no swerve

Days of Future Past ended with Wolverine being fished out of the fucking river after the Magneto debacle

And here Wolverine is...his memories are gone...AGAIN...(kinda) and the government wants to weaponize his Adamantium claws.

Azazel was so dumb
i love how some people loved First Class, but then when you mention Azazel, Frost, Angel, Darwin, all those non-characters just polluting the movie...

Yes, but Evans/Genesis isn't "the" Apocalypse, he's a clone. Doesn't have his ideology or goals.
Original Apocalypse was dying in space and the Celestials came to collect on their deal with each other. He was later reborn as a child without any of his memories before getting killed by Fantomex

Azazel wasn't as dumb as how him, Emma, Femgel, Riptide, and Banshee died

>First class ends with Magneto forming the Brotherhood
>Literally all of them except for Jennifer Bluerence are dead before DoFP

I remember First Class strictly off the scene of Azazel dropping someone from 100 ft in the air

I thought Azazel was literally was suppose to be the X-Men equivalent of Dormamu.

>Celestials

You mean people like Thanos and Galactus? I don't read a lot of comics.

>Magneto tried to save President Kennedy because he was a mutant.

>They locked him in a prison made of glass similar to how they locked him up in X2

>Apocalypse basically gives him the Toph plot convenience of being able to see metal in all the Earth around him.

>Opening sequence of Apocalypse shows that he used to have the Fantastic Foursemen
>They all die horribly and extremely quickly

pottery

>You mean people like Thanos and Galactus?
Thanos is a human Eternal, Galactus is a guy that fused with the essence of the previous universe. Pic related are the Celestials, there are a lot more than these guys.

>Randy Orton

Yeah I hated strom talking about how much work the movie was to make. What was that shit?

I didn't even mind the the movie at all, I don't have high hopes for comic book movies. I just enjoy them for the cheesy schlock they are. But the one thing that REALLY bothered me was apocalypse's makeup. He looked terrible, and small, and not scary at all.

What makes it worse is the guy that did ALL the makeup in the movie, had apacolupses makeup ready to go, but he got underbid by another designer. So fox cheaped out on their main villain. He could have looked like this:

>>Egyptian Storm

YOU
FUCKING
CASUAL

Also, they're pretty big. The tiny silhouette is Thor, red guy is Arishem, black guys is Exitar.

he's a big guy

Not that guy, but you do know Storm is African-American, right? Her mother is from Kenya, but she spent the first couple years of her life in Harlem.

She's supposed to be Kenyan, not egyptian.

Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix was fucking Golden and Apocalypse was a killer villain in it.

Can't help but feel like some of these guys can't just be combined to do one job

No, I mean it's fucking obvious what the reason for sticking her in egypt was. Obviously she wasn't meant to be Egyptian, the street vendor acknowledged her as an outsider.Her being in Cairo as a young thief is a longstanding part of her character. It was actually a really clever, succinct way of bringing her in, while tipping their hat to that origin.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_(comics)#Members