JSA Storytime: Suicide Squad

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

Let's read at least one before I give out

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/status/738092289516408832
flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Green-Arrow-Rebirth-Variant-by-Steve-Skroce-e5625-600x915.jpg
youtu.be/ShyrnGuElQc?t=127
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based. God damn marvel fans

>Suddenly mechs

oh comics!

Hey OP. You tired?

Hello Storyteller.

Those are some dinky looking robots.

Also, people are still bitching about that "Green Arrow is an SJW" thing. Fuckin' casuals.

Neal Adams is a mad genius

Wonder Woman by adams when ??

>still mad

L O L

Spoilers-kun was right. I'm giddy... But the rage machine just isn't there.

Invasion!

Tired and burned out on yes

Coming of the Supermen >>>>> Green Arrow >>>>> Batman > Superman > Green Lanterns >x100 CW2 #1

Man, are we never going to have a writer who'll write fun and over the top Batman villains? Everything has to be metaphorical and philosophical now. Was Morrison Las fun Batman writer?
>inb4 Kingfags unleashed on me
I thought Batman Rebirth was perfectly OK with a lot of suspension of disbelief.

I loved the art in GA today

that's about all I liked today

Fair assessment IMO. None of the Rebirth issues were super great for me because they were all very on the nose. But Green Arrow had some nice touches.

I spent my shards on Waifu Academy Sif because Sif is a waifu, and then they're all "lol Zemo is back and he's still $20, suckers"

damn, he has Waller's number

Otto was a great pickup. He's got character and also futa

The battle of waifu and husbando is the fiercest of all battles.

Dr Fate was decent enough, if you ignore the snails pace of the book in general.

I'd say it sounds like you want All Star Batman but I know what Sup Forums thinks of Snyder and JrJr

Yeah they were all just like fine #1s but none have really made me wanna come back. I liked Jessica and Baz's interactions though

I'm not buying Zemo unless I get the sale that's allegedly in the code. $20 is just too damn much for a mobile game character even if he is best boy.

I haven't read Dr. Fate in several issues, it seems like it will read better in chunks

This whole exchange is great.

twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/status/738092289516408832

Green Arrow has two great artists on it so I'm really hoping that Percy nails his part

The onshot was good so let's see if he can handle a whole arc now

Cozy as hell. Levitz can still write better than the lower 50% when he tries, but he hasn't paced anything particularly well in a long time.

Different user

I'm not really a Snyder fan, but I'm interested in all the artists lined up for All Star, Finch and Janin killed any interest I might have for King's Batman. I really like JRJR

The issue today was good. I lost interest in the book in general because it has been so slow though.

How many variants does it have?

Batman has a handful so GA and other lesser books probably have like 2-3 at most.

Adam Strange Rebirth please

Still perfect.

So happy that this issue came out as well as it did. And with Percy self-hyping the rest of the arc as "each issue being better than the last", I'm hype. Schmidt's art is great, Ferreyra has proved himself on New Suicide Squad. Goddamn, can't believe I'm legit hype for Green Arrow again.

right, I hadn't read it in many many issues, but dat Kent

I really expect more than that in a #1 if I'm to consider it good, but what can you do? Comics are often slow and written for trades these days.

A lot of the very upfront it's-your-guy-this-is-his-character-we're-back stuff gets less approval from me in a #1 than it does in something like this, which does it integrated with a story without abusing space. But of course that kind of take was extremely predictable for Rebirth.

not soon enough, imo

>How many variants does it have?
just one

Only one so far

flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Green-Arrow-Rebirth-Variant-by-Steve-Skroce-e5625-600x915.jpg

>JrJr
He's a legend and I love him but I'm not looking for Snyder's new spin on 2 face.

The Rebirth one-shots only have 1 variant each, IIRC.

Now I'm not sure if the Rebirth one shots are all going to feel filler-y and the actual #1s are what I should judge the book off of or what

I don't get it.

hoot hoot

I didn't even fucking read CW2 #1, but apparently Bendis clarified that no, Tony and Carol are not drinking alcohol, being as they are both alcoholics

Holy shit 90k is lot. Hopefully people stay and I think they will.

If they botch the RB, I'll judge, but here a thing: My LCS isn't treating RBs like a #0. They're not pulling it for customers with the main series.

DC editorial may or may not be accounting for this, a la the free previews where maybe a third of them were plot at all.

>justice league moscow

was this an actual thing?

Green Arrow felt like a real issue, which is why it was my favorite of them. Batman was kind of like that too, and the fragmented style shouldn't be new to anyone not new to King.

But I want more subtle moments less clumsy exposition all around for sure. Course as a jump-on point it's unavoidable.

Here

I can imagine they'll get pretty filler-y since some characters may not have a big enough change to warrant a oneshot dedicated to it or it's just going to be explaining what's happening.
Maybe that's why not all of books have a oneshot. Like Batgirl is literally just going on a trip which can be explained on one page.
I'm actually kinda curious of the Nightwing oneshot then.

Like how Cambridge is in London? Bendis doesn't give a FUCK

Yes.

Just like Justice League Antarctica.

The JLI have embassies in Moscow, New York, and Paris

Recovering alcoholics!

I had super low expectations and the spoilers had numbed me to just being like whatever about the issue

>90k
Beautiful

Let's hope that it's at least half that by #3 instead of pulling an ANAD.
Ollie deserves a good and good selling book since his new 52 one was largely bad to okay and Arrow is garbage.

Bullshit, he just didn't care.

Indeed, Bendis does not give a fuck.

Apparently season two of Powers is a "re-do" apology for the shitty FX, to some extent.

The animal backgrounds they do for Vixen always trip me the fuck out. Disney's fuckin' revenge.

you know this and I know this and he is a peddler of backs

I got into an argument on twitter about that House of M joke, too

makes sense

I guess I won't judge the Rebirth issues TOO harsh, so far none of them were BAD, just not too thrilling

Tiger and Duchess just went from 6 to Midnight

>and Arrow is garbage.
And i am glad arrow exist Grell material being collected. Something positive.

Duchess is pretty waifu

>these fucking faces

>got nothing better to do

I liked Green Lanterns more than Batman or Superman. It was cute enough and made me like both of the rookies. Simon is best boy for sure.

>There's more to that woman than I thought. She might actually be useful!
I know, right? I was also starting to wonder why the flying fuck Vixen was in this book.

Carol Tears are like a solid 10% of the issue, I hope someone throws a tantrum over something

Batman suffered from being mostly action. The conversation between Mr. Fox and Bruce on the rooftoop was great, and not jsut because of the beefcake. I hope Calendar Man shows up more in King's run,. he was really interesting. The first arc with Gothama nd Gotham Girl doesnt' sound so good to me.

Green Arrow was great though, it has the best artist team out of all the titles from rebirth, I'm very hopeful also HOLY SHIT PERCY HAS A BADASS VOICE

Superman was ass.

Only a pale reflection of Barda the Best Waifu, but that still makes for a pretty good one.

I know people got het up about Barda going back to Apokolips at the end of Darkseid War but I was hype. The Furies are fucking great.

She helps balance out the team dynamics.

actually, pay careful attention to that statement, it will be relevant later

>HOLY SHIT PERCY HAS A BADASS VOICE
somebody linked it in the Rebirth thread and I couldn't help but listen to it again. It's just that sexy. I hope he knows that.

I love you guys, but I think I gotta take 30-40 after this issue and go jog because the muscle itches are getting bad

>HOLY SHIT PERCY HAS A BADASS VOICE
Agreed

She's pretty great.

Sometimes I feel it comes off as shallow to be instantly attracted to a woman solely for her combat prowess and brash attitude, but then she starts blowing stuff up and smiling like a maniac, and I stop caring.

Here

K. Have a good one.

I do like Simon and Jessica's interactions but I don't care about the Red Lanterns as antagonists and as hilarious as Dad Hal's Getalong Lantern was it makes no sense

I'll give it a few more issues at least though, it was pleasant enough and it's nice having a GL book that doesn't make me want to scream

Looking back at Batman Rebirth, it was just so weirdly paced. Like, I have no idea why they made the "Thursday. Winter." scene 4 pages long with no interesting stakes, just Bruce+Duke, and repetitive/not great dialogue.

if you're shallow I'm shallow

best comment of the day:

>They spend 4 pages on nothing but buying guns, and not even interesting ones.

I run a timed schedule so I really will be back in 30-40 from the end of this issue

WELL HELLO THERE

Both the newbies have actual personalities. I'll take it, and Dad Hal worked out really nicely in GLTAS. Not that I'm comparing this to GLTAS.

> The New Guardians
So from seeing a lot of house ads I'm guessing that DC really tried to push these characters

>>They spend 4 pages on nothing but buying guns, and not even interesting ones.
Sounds like a "Q hands out gadgets" scene gone wrong. What's that from?

Punisher.

To be fair she's also a head taller than Batman and a physical goddess.

ooh best Squad long character arc incoming

Yep!

and this was one of our friends from /k/, who knows something about guns

The seasonal stuff will probably play out into future issues? Also involves the tree, Alfred literally feeding the fruit (product of spring and summer) to the bats.

To contrast with the summer page, showing Batman can survive in the extremes of both temperatures.

And the only thing memorable about that series was a one-off villain.
DC fucked up.

no surprise sex possible HERE

>Benjamin Percy Verified account
>@Benjamin_Percy

>Green Arrow "Rebirth" is meant to make you smile so wide your cheeks hurt. Issue 1 is meant to make you drop your jaw and say, holy shit.

I was more amused about how that guy and others completely misinterpreted that scene.

FLO, IT'S ME, BARBARA

I liked Superman way more than Batman.

Oh hey, Babs. Got into an argument the other day about how you're better off as Oracle. The "counterargument" being that Oracle is a plot device, while Batgirl can be playable in a video game. I wish I was making that up.

Ah. See, Frank browsing a gun shop sounds like it can be an amusing scene, but it sounds like it was executed poorly?