BATMAN-HELLBOY-STARMAN

So, somebody was asking this storytime in the Hellboy-Hellblazer thread, and since I have a couple minutes free, why not?
Besides it has two of my favorite characters ever, and Bats ain't bad either.

So, how's everybody doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8za2kTJDs
youtube.com/watch?v=uakPfXzlLSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's a wonderful night here in northern Spain
It's 2:35 in the morning, and I'm so ready for this, user
Thank you

How are you doing yourself?

Good, mate, thanks for asking

You are a pimp and a cool for this,OP! Thank you!

No problem, I love this comic

Seatbelts are fastened, lets do this

I'm always amazed how Mignola can make that red suit looks good

>So, how's everybody doing?

Literally just got home after working a 12-hour day at my teaching position.

Holy fuck I can't wait for school to let out.

This storytime makes me a lot happier in the meantime though.

Welcome, user

You're gonna get your nazi ass kicked, kids

At least it is a steady job, but the 12 hours blows

>At least it is a steady job, but the 12 hours blows

Well it's mostly just because it's the end of the year and there's a million little things to inventory and get done before it lets out for the summer.

Hail Hydra

I can't help but wonder if Robinson just doesn't like Batman. In this and his appearance in his Starman series proper, he writes Bats with a major stick up his ass.

Thanks OP, can't wait to read it.

Oh boy, summer is coming

Behold the red ape

How did Mignola get permission to do a Batman crossover?

Perhaps is a matter of interpretation, when Jack meets batman in his title, he is just as grim and serious.

Welcome, mate.

Why wouldn't he?

Robinson wrote this first part, Mignola did the other one, if I remember correctly.

Sick burn there, Bats

lol

That last panel with Hellboy always cracks me up

Which starman?

Well it certainly shows. Speaking of Batman, you did the Batman/Starman/Hellboy crossover with James Robinson...

Yeah, it started as just kind of a joke with James Robinson. He had said something about Hellboy and I said jokingly, “Well, if there was a Hellboy/Batman crossover you’d write it, right?” Then he pitched it to DC adding Starman without my knowledge (laughter), which is fine. But I think, I have no interest, no love for Batman at all, I have no affection for any of the DC stuff. It just wasn’t stuff I grew up with. But there was the thought of, well, this is the kind of thing that might give Hellboy a little bit more attention because, again, to me, and I think everyone else at the time, Hellboy was just this odd little independent character, but if you paired him with a mainstream comics character, it could turn Hellboy into a mainstream comic character.

There was also, Archie Goodwin was going to edit it. What was exciting about that project was working with Archie who is not only a legend as a writer and an editor but who, you know, had gotten to be a friend of mine when I lived in New York. I did that one issue of Batman with him which was a great experience and I really, like, wanted to do Hellboy for Archie Goodwin. So, the overall memory of that book is actually terrible because Archie died about the time I turned in the first few pages. So if you look at that book, the first eight pages, I think, look great, and after that, I couldn’t have given a shit about drawing any more of that book but I was stuck. So when Archie died, the book just kind of went to whomever. I have no idea who edited that book after Archie died because clearly, it seemed, from my perspective, I would turn in pages and someone was just throwing them in a drawer. It was hard to maintain any sort of level of enthusiasm for it once Archie was gone.

Jack

Sup? Cool story to read, man!

"It will soon be Oct-over"

>I'm a geyniuse!

>interrupting a Hellboy storytime
youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8za2kTJDs

The best?
That Archie part sucks, everytime one of them dies, the whole industry shakes (or thats the idea)

Sup bro

Ah the lame overrated dude.

Bye.

It truly does.

>>I couldn’t have given a shit about drawing any more of that book but I was stuck. So when Archie died, the book just kind of went to whomever. I have no idea who edited that book after Archie died because clearly, it seemed, from my perspective, I would turn in pages and someone was just throwing them in a drawer. It was hard to maintain any sort of level of enthusiasm for it once Archie was gone.

Have you visited a Doctor about that lack of taste?

And thats a great entrance

Yup

Part Two: Enter eldritch

that last panel is splendid
the shadowing is awesome

Even when he is down, Mignola is great

Not that I'm complaining, but a hawaiian shirt, or a more colorful one would help quite a lot.

I'm only beginning to like him, you know?
It's been an obstacle for me so far.
If it wasn't for his peculiar artstyle I'd be shoulder deep into Hellboy already, because I love the character and the themes in his books.

My current plan is force feeding myself with Hellboy enjoying his awesome stories until I grow to love the art.
>It's already working

ha!

Pew pew pew

Take that, Krautz!

>karumba

I love this page

[insert strong stereotypical german accent here]

Simpsons did it

Gott im himmel!

Mein Leben"

Speaking of stereotypical german accents...

>stereotypical german accents
youtube.com/watch?v=uakPfXzlLSY

what were his intentions?

Oh boy

Woooo Opal city!

>make germany great again

BUILD Another W A L L

oh i really liked this, thanks for the storytime and chance to re-read OP

hahahahaha

Hellboy and Starman want you to say no to watered-down H.P.!

The best fictional city. Gotham and Metropolis can go fuck themselves.

Always a pleasure
Can you blame them? We are looking at you pop culture in general

smug little nazi made my day

Oh boy, now the Gothamfags and the Metroqueers will spam the thread

You say what you want of Mignola, but he sure know his abominations

You weren't that tough, Suggy