Toonami Ratings for 5/28/16

Toonami is being moved up 30 minutes and will now start at 11:30pm. Don't misunderstand, Toonami isn't getting any longer. You can just go to bed 30 minutes earlier. The pre and post Toonami lineup is getting a big shake up as well.

Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans starts this Saturday at 12:00am

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. A sneak peak will be shown at the Annecy Festival in June.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

First marathon of the year this week. The ratings were pretty weak, but what can you expect from a marathon of reruns of a rerun.

12:00a Samurai Champloo (r) 1050 0.58 587
12:30a Samurai Champloo (r) 840 0.37 467
1:00a Samurai Champloo (r) 735 0.31 395
1:30a Samurai Champloo (r) 716 0.29 365

2:00a Samurai Champloo (r) 654 0.28 355
2:30a Samurai Champloo (r) 592 0.24 310
3:00a Samurai Champloo (r) 606 0.26 324

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=egyMMgzDrMs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Big changes to this schedule on Saturday

8:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 0.44 753 0.25
8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.42 612 0.22
9:00 King of the Hill (r) 0.53 781 0.33
9:30 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.59 883 0.37

10:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.76 1155 0.49
10:30 American Dad (r) 0.85 1351 0.56
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1605 0.68
11:30 Family Guy (r) 1702 0.73

3:30a The Cleveland Show (r) 649 0.29
4:00a The Cleveland Show (r) 753 0.38

4:30a American Dad (r) 834 0.45
5:00a King of the Hill (r) 748 0.39
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 735 0.39

Best first

good, more sleep

LOOK AT ME IM A PIECE OF SHIT NAMEPOSTER

HURR DURR

Off to an excellent start.

It's neo/tg/? What do ya expect? Actually discussion? Fuck that. Let's just bitch about Slayers and shitposting Kill La Kill because we lack social lives and are inconsiderate wastes of space.

I like the cut of your jib

First for worst girl.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT ONE PIECE IS LITERALLY THE BEST SELLING COMIC BOOK IN HISTORY

Fuck off namefag

Friendly reminder that this is not related to Toonami at all. Don't take the bait.

Who the fuck would watch that much Samurai Champloo in one go?

Why is it being moved up 30 minutes?

"If I don't eat every bowl of shit put in front of me by Demarco then Toonami will get cancelled!"

Those people

>show that's on Toonami
>not related to Toonami

ZEHAHAHAHA

That's literally just people who post in this thread, and none of them have Nielson boxes and thus are not reflected in the ratings anyway.

Entire Saturday night is getting revamped. This was anticipated to give Jack a reasonable air time, they just did it a little earlier

HYFHYFHYFHYFHYF MY OPINIONS ARE FACT

PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The comic does not air on Toonami therefore this is not relevant

You give us namefags a bad name, CQC.

I wish we had the 2013 block back.

>I don't like the course TG is taking
>I KNOW LET ME SHIT UP THE THREADS

oh like you don't

>implying One Piece isn't on Toonami

Is it on too late for you? Past your bed time, little boy?

Look who's talking

What the fuck did you say, bitch?

No turning back now.

The anime airs on Toonami. Post anime specific records or fuck off

user, you seem unjustifiably upset.

Having seen all of IBO, I suppose it's a decent fit for Toonami. I'd give it a 6.5/10; it's not entirely bad, but it kinda drops the ball for what it was trying to go for -- you know, that whole child soldier thing.

Anyway, I'll make webms nonetheless and we'll go from there.

The problem is Champloo was never as popular as all the other shows we've had marathons so of course our ratings for it will be shit, fuck I think Michiko and Hatchin did better. I also don't want UBW anymore now that I know who is the dub voice of Shirou. End my life please.

Demarco can't be acting dumb anymore. That marathon had the ratings dropped to a new low for 2016.

Why? One Piece is more successful worldwide than anything on the block could ever hope to be.

It's even got major theatrical releases.

I'd still rather get MJP, but I've heard the dub is mediocre shit. And if it's Gundam give me Destiny just for everyone freaking out.

Any chance that fat whale going to stop marathons?

Please tell me this is coming to the UK like they did with Resurrection F, because I would the shit out of that.

This would've been neat to see, but then we would've had to have gotten the original series and Zeta to fully appreciate it.

No

So does this move mean the Parasyte slot has a chance at being a new show?

>Gundam Unicorn
>all Gundam parts except the ending Deus Ex Machina are good
>everything else is everyone holding their ears shut and not listening to anyone and pretending to be retarded
Nah fuck that, also fuck Fukui, he made the grimdark bullshit with Puru-nee by having her womb removed and being a prostitute after ZZ ended and she was separated from everyone.

Friendly reminder that the preview for Jack is two weeks from today.

how is this still not deleted?

why would it be deleted to begin with? Its all relevant.

DELETE IT

You also forgot 8:30 AQUA TEAM BITCHES

Has anyone noticed a lot more Namefags on other boards recently?

Gee, I wonder why.

I was never sure if it was a real thing or not.

Reminder to report images dumpers

You guys loved it on Saturday.

No one cares on marathon nights

Sup Forums here, notice this too

>some fucktard tripfag in Smash thread ruining shit with his autism

>a big shake up
>shake up
>shake

I see what you did there

The fuck is this lineup?

Never thought I'd say this, but I miss Deadman Wonderland. I miss SAO. Those shows were shit, but fun and over-the-top and a good ride with Sup Forums.

We don't have anything fun on the lineup right now.

Is it airing on Toonami?

No, at that film festival in the OP

Son, Toonami is starting at 11:30, and ending at 3:00am

sounds weird, but ok

do you think they are going to use the family guy money for a new season of the cleveland show?

Gonna predict already 8:30 Aqua Teen will bomb hard. It doesnt feel like the type of show to air early in the night.

Everything at 8:30 bombs. Enjoy it for the few weeks that it's there

The dub is that bad?

True. As long as they put something at least halfway enjoyable in the slot (ie. not Home Movies), I won't care.

Isn't it a bit inappropriate to air at 8:30?

youtube.com/watch?v=egyMMgzDrMs

Anybody else watch that documentary video? I think it could have had more material but it's very nice and reminds us that DeMarco isn't the only person working on the block.

here's the pre and post schedule for those who are curious.
8:00pm - DBZ Kai rerun
8:30pm - Aqua Teen Hunger Force (what seems to be the most hyped part of the schedule change here, even more than Toonami moving up, also should note that TV-MA episodes will almost definitely be skipped or censored)
8:45pm - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
9:00pm - Rick and Morty (repeats episode shown the Sunday before at 11:00pm)
9:30pm - The Cleveland Show
10:00pm - American Dad!
10:30pm - Family Guy
11:00pm - Family Guy

11:30pm - DBZ Kai
12:00am - Gundam
12:30am - Hunter X Hunter
1:00am - Samurai Champloo
1:30am - Naruto Shippuden
2:00am - One Piece
2:30am - Parasyte -the maxim-

3:00am - Aqua Teen Hunger Force (if the 8:30pm part fails, I could see this part staying though)
3:15am - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
3:30am - Rick and Morty
4:00am - The Cleveland Show
4:30am - American Dad!
5:00am - King of the Hill (poor show got screwed)
5:30am - King of the Hill

They're most likely going to be sticking to TV-PG and less extreme TV-14 episodes, so episodes from Seasons 1-4. Starting from episode 2, Escape from Lepraucholis.

I thought that too. I'd say a good chunk of episodes won't be in rotation.

That's ok though, plenty non MA ones are great too.

I do agree with this user though, I won't be getting too attached

So it's guaranteed that Rick and Morty will fail, and ATHF is a coin toss since 8:30 is cursed.

>King of the Hill (poor show got screwed)
King of the Hill has been running nonstop in Adult Swim prime-time since 2008, and it's not like it's leaving prime-time on any other day of the week.

It was probably put there to capture the attention of kids to get them to try them to watch more of the block, Futurama had the same effect on me.

true. some koth fans seem to get really mad at Adult Swim changing anything about KOTH's timeslots, though, especially when Bob's Burgers and Cleveland took the 8:30pm slot on weekdays and Sundays, respectively. Probably because KOTH isn't on Netflix anymore and DVDs for the last few seasons only came out very recently.

Adult Swim must've anticipated this, because Fridays now have an extra KOTH at 8:30pm. Fridays go KOTH/KOTH/Cleveland/AD/FG/FG/Bob/Bob/Live Action/Aqua/Squid/Tim/Tom now.

this. And to be fair, do they even have any other originals that are fit to air in the early slots?

>KotH bombs at 8:30 on Saturday for years
>AS finally tries something new
>REEEEE WHERES MY KOTH

I'm really more surprised it has such dedicated viewers for reruns

They have a few, but Aqua Teen is really the only I see having any shot of not being a total cancer to ratings.

Plus it sets them up for bringing back Aqua Teen as a Toonami show

I'm guessing a lot of KoTH's fans are relatively younger (ie. under 35) and don't have neilsen boxes

>They have a few
such as what exactly?
>Aqua Teen is really the only I see having any shot of not being a total cancer to ratings.
Possibly, but hasn't the 8:30 slot always been cancer regardless of what airs there though?

It has, but maybe this is the cure. Remember that 8 was equally bad and DBZ fixed it

WHERE
IS
THE
GOD
DAMN
THREAD
SIMULATOR

So any bets on how this new schedule performs? My money is on almost identical ratings despite being earlier.

So start out about 1.5mil and trail down to 700k or so for the end

>such as what exactly?
the oblongs, (if they get the rights back) mission hill, harvey birdman, sealab, maybe space ghost or brak show, home movies, possibly the venture bros, robot chicken, or squidbillies (as they've all aired at 9 before)

The Venture Bros aired at 8pm on Sundays when they first got the hour, even went the extra mile to edit MA rated episodes to fit at that time, but it didn't do that well. A shame, that Sunday schedule was a really good one.

Also, you know what'd be interesting at 8:30pm? Samurai Jack. Be a good way to reair episodes before the premiere and might actually do OK. Maybe.

The UBW dub is really unfortunate, especially considering how good the Fate/Zero dub was.

Hell, I actually noticed an outright continuity error early. Like, for some reason, in episode 2, the dub implies Rin knows which Heroic Spirit Saber is, when that was nowhere in the original Japanese line, and makes no sense in terms of narrative.

Also Rin's voice is just absolutely fucking horrendous. Holy shit.

>The Venture Bros aired at 8pm on Sundays when they first got the hour, even went the extra mile to edit MA rated episodes to fit at that time, but it didn't do that well.
Damn that's right. I knew it had replaced Home Movies at 9 back in 2013, but I had totally forgotten about it being at 8. It didn't last long at all though unfortunately. I'd love to see more of AS airing slightly edited versions of their originals in the early hours mixed in with FOX stuff, but, that would only happen in a perfect world, not reality.

That said, the schedule changes they've made recently are pretty damn promising.

>That said, the schedule changes they've made recently are pretty damn promising.
Absolutely. They were really stuck in a rut last year, only interesting part was the 2.5 hour Friday Willams Street block that got purged Feburary.
They got rid of double Robot Chicken and put Mike Tyson at 12:15 on weekdays. And they finally changed 1am. 1am was almost always either the Superjail/Metalocalpyse combo that got stale fast or Venture Bros. Currently it's Tim & Eric and Steve Brule. In two weeks Brule gets replaced by Tom Goes to the Mayor which I havent seen on the block in a LONG time, not even at 4am.

Yep. All good stuff. And it's great to see TGTM back since the last time that was on AS was at 4 AM a good 3 or so years ago, so to see it back in the 1:15 slot is really cool.

there is a similar one about [as], good stuff, lots of nostalgia.

it will perform the same, but with a small boost that will not matter too much.
I wonder why they decided to do this change, could it be because of summer?

It's too late for that, Jack is supposed to be on within 6 months, would take a year to get through them all.

Plus I have a feeling they will want a little distance between the old Y7 series and the new likely MA series.

Wouldn't want to scare off newcomers that are afraid of robot censorship and whatnot

> if they get the rights back

When did they lose the rights? I remember watching a couple episodes in December.