Gore

Do any of you watch war gore to create a thick skin? Has watching it changed how you see the world and your political beliefs? I've read journalists saying "Don't watch beheadings because it's traumatizing and fulfills ISIL's objective of spreading terror". Is shielding ourselves the best option? Do you think more people should see what truly happens in the warzones?

Personally, after Nice, I became way more conservative and distrustful of Islam. I started looking into religion again (Cultus Deorum) and started criticizing the degeneracy in our society. I'm starting to want to become a family man and have a steady and proper job. It's like watching that violence made me grow up, all of a sudden.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27994277
youtube.com/watch?v=UfnEKwoUDy0
liveleak.com/view?i=5d9_1462292376
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought watching gore was for entertainment?
Also OP, if you want gore just go outside

Rare, nice.

Sometimes...Muslims are brutal scum. They kill more kids than Obama and enjoy it.

That's exactly why I watch it, and it does change your world view. You lose a little bit, but you also gain out of it.

Shielding yourself from it is shielding yourself from the consequences of the actions of yourself and others - it's shielding yourself from reality, and shielding yourself from learning.

Nah, for me it's to remember how humans behave outside of civilization and to not take peace, comfort and freedom for granted. Also, it's a personal challenge to watch it and don't flinch. The great men of the past were used to brutal violence and I feel like I should too.

I did for a while but then I stopped because I was really unhappy after watching them. It drained me of my energy and I felt like an empty rock. Really horrible shit on the internet if you look, fucking Muslims are the worst.

Don't watch it. It fucked me up. You lose emotion, grasp on reality. I get random vivid flashbacks of the shit I saw.

I used to browse gore threads when Sup Forums still had them, if that counts.

go shag a sheep, youll forget all about it

>losing grasp of reality by watching what happens in the world
wat

I've seen shit, and I'll usually watch it out of curiosity but I never search it out on my own. These days I tend to ignore it when it gets posted, because I just don't enjoy seeing suffering

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Don't become a serial killer,

>Fucking emu warrior over here getting PTSD from gore videos

You can't make this shit up yo

I used to watch gore all the time like it was nothing. Didn't even phase me or affect me. But now I cringe to the same gore that I saved up in my gore folder. Feels weird man.

Yeah, I don't go gore hunting, but when it pops up and it's relevant news to me I watch it.

>Don't become a serial killer,
good goy, consume and reproduce

Yeah that won't help huemonkey. Seeing gore in real life =/= visiting b tier REKT threads.

Yeah, I figured.

Goregrish dot com

I am much the same as you OP. The French theater massacre woke me up. After that I sort of felt like I'd awoken from a coma. I decided to toughen up by watchibg what used to make me look away... I too want a wife and children now. I think violence is a natural part of becoming a man that modern society denies them. I refuse to shy away from the reality of the world. I just wish I had woken up at a younger age.

it teaches you perspective. I think a lot of people in the world nowadays have lost sight of the fact that you are not special, you are not unique, and the world does not cater to your needs. The world does not care about you or your problems, you are insignificant unless you make yourself significant.

I think a lot of the world needs some ego-checking (especially western societies, you dont get this as muc in poorer countries).

I have a pretty sick video of a colombian cartel chainsawing a man and behead another, watch if you dare: bestgore.com/beheading/chainsaw-beheading-video-sinaloa-cartel-members-decapitated-mexico/

>ISIL
Is this a new Mandela effect?
Only ever heard it as ISIS for years, and suddenly in the past couple months it became ISIL.

>cyprus
>rare

How's summer break going so far?

I like it because I'm an illustrator and would like to do death metal album covers for a living.

Here's your (you)

is this guy wearing black socks with a blue suit?

That kind of video doesn't really bother me. I'm socially awkward so any kind of confrontation in real life immediately sets my heart fluttering in a bad way.

I've heard it since last year, Obama always called them that here.

Shit, man. I just watched a compilation from Syria. Bullets to the back of the head, beheadings with machetes, executions with AKs.
I think I filled my quota for the week.

I think this explains it well: bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27994277

Maybe we should call it Daesh.

I watch gore vids and look at pics all the time just because i like it and find it interesting. It feeds and satiates a really primal desire for violence. I use to scroll best gore all the time but they have a really faggy canadian libertarian writing all they descriptions for the content and it kinda kills it.

No you are uninformed and are blaming your naivety on a muh timelines, ISIL (Islamic State of Syria and the Levant) is what it was called before it was called ISIS. Nowadays only PC cucks like Obama call it ISIL "because calling it ISIS gives them too much legitimacy"

Yeah, that's fucked up.

Not at all. It was just the next step from watching the collapse of the twin towers constantly being replayed, followed by violent video games and movies. If anything it gave me a very dark sense of humor, I guess it's my minds natural response seeing as I could either have a mental breakdown or just laugh at how horrible people can be to one another.

Fucking luciferian. There is no degenerate but you "guys"

This. I am desensitized to all gore I believe. I don't really gain pleasure from seeing it but I feel protected from being manipulated emotionally with gore images.

those mexican drug cartels can defo give ISIS a run for their money,

I think it's important to know what's happening in the world and to see how far humans can go, I'd rather know about these things than be oblivious and unaware, even if some of the shit I watch is really fucked up and I kind of regret it after, I know I'll be able to deal with it in the long run and hey, god forbid I ever find myself in such a horrible situation I might be able to deal with it better in that moment. There's a morbid sense of curiosity side to it all too, I think as a human race we're all obsessed with death, look at how serial killers and mass murders are 'celebrated' and talked about, you can think they are awful but everyone still loves a good documentary about Ed Gein or the holocaust.

It's kinda fun to push your limits and see how far you can go, I still struggle with somethings, animal gore and some beheadings (when you can hear the air in their throat while being hacked at) are still pretty tough for me to watch.

I literally grew up on Sup Forums and so I'm pretty desensitized.

>luciferian
>christcuck
>leaf

I would try to offend you but you're fucked up already.

Same school of thought. I think it's important to understand the depths of humanity.

gore makes me extremely angry at how stupid and pointlessly cruel people are. shit makes my blood boil

Nigger if you didn't grow up on rotten.com in late 90s u need to kys yourself

if you dont watch gore you just lie to yourself about how the world truly is.

Jokes on you, I already planned to.
I've been on Sup Forums since I was nine. It's been a decade. I wish I could leave.

Posting Gore...

Anyone seen the video of the Russian troops getting beheaded by Chechen terrorists. Pretty sad to watch

Dude pls don't actually kys.

I see this shit and think "What kind of fucked up upbringing these guys had to do shit like this?".

I think modern liberals exist because of too much comfort, luxury and peace so they have no perspective on how bad things can get. People are getting so weak and sensitive that they're getting triggered on the Internet.

About 8 years ago, I became fearful of dying painfully after viewing a lot of gore and contemplated killing myself cleanly so that I didn't have to leave it to chance. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days, but it gradually wore off, and eventually I became immune to it.

I think it is good training for an event where you are endangered; if you can recover faster from the shock of seeing people maimed and in agony, that can only be a good thing. Our minds become too used to safety in society, but our ancestors would have seen people dying more often.

If the world is a violent place, you are doing yourself a disservice by not hardening yourself to it. Especially if you think that you might come face to face with some of that violence. I guarantee that experiencing brutal violence is far more traumatizing it than seeing it online.

That being said, some of the beheading videos are still sick as fuck. Hearing the screaming turn into gurgling and gasping through a windpipe that has been sliced open is some brutal shit.

I'm reading a book from the 1930s. Here's an excerpt:

>The natives considered, at least in some areas, that they could control
a ghost by magic. Thus if they thought that the ghost of a man had
remained in, or was revisiting, the place where he had lived during his life-
time (opinions seem to have differed concerning the length of the period during which such visits could continue), it could be speedily routed by
beating the bushes and making other noises. 60 Sometimes, however, or in
other places, a slight placation was necessary. If, for instance, a man had
been killed by a member of a neighbouring group, his house was kept
intact and food was placed for his ghost; the murderer was caught, killed,
and cooked. (If the guilty individual could not be found, any member of
his social group would serve equally well.) The people then ate some of
the flesh; the ghost also partook. Honour having been satisfied, they beat
the bushes, shouted, and made other noises in order to frighten the ghost
away. 61

That's an uncivilized tribe. I think the noble and peace savage is a myth. Humans have been violent to others for eons now.

kaotic Dot com is the only one for me.

>I guarantee that experiencing brutal violence is far more traumatizing it than seeing it online.

lol, of course, dude.

Personally I only watch them because I want to know what war is truly like, I plan on going into the army and I want to know what I could be getting myself into.

Plus I don't want to be manipulated by the media, knowing what's truly going on daily is better.

>Plus I don't want to be manipulated by the media, knowing what's truly going on daily is better.

This. Seeing the videos out of Syria with them snackbarring like fuck will brutally killing each other is enough for me to say FUCK NO when our president wants to import the fuckers. They aren't going to treat us any better than they treat each other, so fuck'em.

Don't worry.
At the least I'll wait to vote for Trump.

It does desensitize you to such things

I don't react to violence or threats. I am usually calm and collected. I don't get squeamish about almost anything. I never get scared. I never startle. I don't really feel guilt or remorse. I have compassion I just control it and try not to feel too much about anything.

I don't trust people. I don't even care anymore.

>my OP post isn't fucked

I watch gore from terror attacks. That's about it.

That is not a good way to live either user.You will miss out on some of the best things in life that way.

Obligatory Varg on Terrorists:

youtube.com/watch?v=UfnEKwoUDy0

I don't recommend watching gore to desensitize yourself (build a thick skin). All that it does is disturb you on a deep level and make you less human. Outwardly, you may be able to appear fine. But inwardly, you'll become quite disturbed and neurotic.

I look at gore to jerk off. Nothing hotter than a dead cunt, especially if it's been decapitated. There's this one cartel decapitation video, so hot, only problem is the cunt was fully clothed.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Sup Forums gore threads were the first things that exposed me to true gore. I went from cringing at rekt threads to chuckling at them, or just shaking me head at them. Once ISIS's vid's came out and Sup Forumssters started putting them up, I got a new look at gore. Its a lot different from the old threads, but it sure as hell gave me a tougher skin.
Those threads are probably why I was a step up with my classmates in nursing school whenever I was in wound care/ICU/ER and some nasty trauma came in. I was just fascinated, not disgusted.

The good side of reddit: /r/watchpeopledie

Been doing it daily since old Ogrish was around. I've got a good collection of real rape vids I've saved over the years as well. I got one off a darknet forum where 2 Russians fuck a dead girl. It's either legit or it's one of the most realistic looking fakes I've ever seen.

This one always gets people. But yeah, I can look at some sick shit and not get too freaked out. What gets me is when there are strong smells involved. Even with animals. I helped gut an elk once, then had elk tacos for dinner that evening. I made it through about 3 before the smell of the elk's insides came back strong, and I was done eating for the night.

Holy shit. How?

Try this user
liveleak.com/view?i=5d9_1462292376

How does that happen? A neglected abscess?

I've seen that. The first time I watched it, my skin was crawling for an hour. This time, it didn't even faze me.

Literally no need to watch gore, just live on a farm for a couple of years and slaughter some pigs and skin some game.
I guarantee you that you will not care about seeing a couple of guts and some shit.

Also don't follow the news like sheep.

I have no idea

I wish that I could at least hunt, skin and eat an animal from time to time.

I don't feel anything when I look that picture, just curiosity at how someone even get maggots in their eyes. Of course its one thing to look at something and another to actually have to cause/treat it, like you said.
Pic related is very simmilar to one of the cases I've had to deal with lately. Guy had fasciotomies (surgically made cuts) to both legs and also to his feet, which became massively infected. The smell was awful, and they were constantly weeping fluid that had to be changed constantly to keep it from soaking into the bed. That was some of the worst I've seen.
But those smells don't get to me anymore.

No idea. Something obviously killed his eye, because most maggots don't start off in flesh that is not necrotic. There are a few that will, but that doesn't look like them.

Gore people try to act like hard-asses. But the whole reason that people watch it, in the first place, is because they're afraid (as you can see from most people in this thread... who feel like they have to watch it to confront their fear).

The only problem is that, when you make your fear of the horror go away (it's only because you internalized it and made it a part of yourself). Hence, my earlier statement that it just disturbs you and makes you less human.

It's like being so afraid of AIDS, that you go out and catch it on purpose to confront the fear.

I watch it from time to time, used to be more often when i started and it was really disturbing at first. People getting run over by cars or getting decapitated dont make me flinch, but listening to cries of agony and anguish is smth else. Overall it gave me tougher skin, made me realize i was a lucky cunt to be born here, and motivated me even more to apply for the navy, and also to join a religion (mormonism) that preaches our good ol western conservative values (although watching the degeneracy happen all around me was a much bigger factor).
Imho everyone should be exposed to some degree of gore so they dont take their comfy lifestyle for granted.

You guys should come to South Africa and go on a hunting safari, I'm sure you'll love it.

Can't you just shoot a couple of hues in a favela?

Do nurses and doctors and EMTs watch a lot of gore? Just to build up a tolerance or because they find it fascinating? I bet a lot of them do

some isis in action

Those fuckers have access to 50 cals and 7.62s.
I only have a fixed blade that I don't carry around and a bottle opener keyring.
What can one hunt there?

You pussy, I've watched it all.. At one time I was just casually looking through bestgore while eating breakfast. The only shit on Sup Forums that ever fucked me up was trypophobia, feel free to look it up. I'm not even going to try finding an image.

Also to add, if you really want shock value just look for sandniggers/niggers/spics torturing domestic animals, the instinctual reactions and grimaces the dogs/cats etc. make are horrifying.

Its weird, gore is okay, but I get sick even just reading about needle injections or terrible things being done, or slight injuries.

Its like gore is so extreme that its in its own different league from basic wounds and medical discussion.

I cant stand to look at surgery for example, not even for a few seconds.

Like this womans head.

This is extremely gruesome, but I dont flinch... now show me someone having their leg operated on, and Ill probably run to the washroom

Even just writing that, I got shivers and had to shake my shoulders out.

I'm really not trying to be an edgelord, but I had the opposite effect. It feels good. It feels like I'm understanding reality more clearly.

It's obviously sad when people and dogs die, but ignoring it doesn't change anything. Hearing a report should make people just as sad as watching it, but if you watch it, you get to understand it.

It's not about the fear going away but to be able to endure and not be paralyzed by being shocked so you can take action in case a emergency happens.

>trypophobia
What kind of pussy are you? It's Photoshop.

I have watched some beheadings to harden myself to the mudslime terror tactics. I don't even fucking flinch when watching them anymore

We really should not be shielding ourselves from this. Some may argue that ignorance is bliss, but ignorance comes at the price of not knowing your enemy. And as Sun Tzu said: Know thy self, and know thy enemy, and your victory will never be in doubt

Pretty much anything that is not endangered.
If you have the money to pay, then you could shoot a zebra if you wanted.

Some Americans wanted to shoot a baboon once. They paid about $200.

Baboons are a pest and in some places their populations are out of control. They are also very dangerous. My used to pay me to cull them.

Just read what you wrote. Do you see how afraid you are (of your own fear)? You are afraid, and you're being mesmerized by it in a damaging way.

So you watch it until the fear goes away. Why does it go away? Because you gave up and accepted depravity by integrating it into your personality.

Why don't you just admit that you're afraid and deal with your fear in a healthy and manly way?

My uncle *

>fulfills ISIL's objective

ISIS makes and edits those videos. I used to think the media would be right since you'd be doing ISIS a favor by disseminating them. But instead I agree with OP. Disseminating them, along with other gore from islamic terror attacks, to the general public would have an effect that the West (especially ivory tower liberals) needs in order to understand the sheer barbarism of these people.

Let the general public see the pictures and video of the disassembled bodies of all ages in Nice, let them see innocents, get tortured, beheaded, eyes gouged, genitals mutilated, from the hidden reports of the Bataclan massacre, etc

I know which one you're talking about. I've seen it before.

Idiot, you can find small holes everywhere

i aint eating no baboon, nigga. I want to take meat home and do the whole process, not just shoot an animal and go home.
Alright, Deepak. What's the manly way?